Finals World Cup of Pokemon XI - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao how can people say this with a straight face when jsaok3 vs marcoasd happened
Dont ever write my artistic ass name again and talk about what you do not no. In that series I outplayed the shit out of marcoasd and he wood tell u that. Once again I'm sorry to my Afrab brothers for playing like that in the tiebreaker :( i would be the fuck out of you in bo3 RBY. ANYTIME. YOU MARK - Jsaok

no we didnt. we were up 5-1 and you were getting demolished. unfortunately jsaok the artist somehow beat marco and we had to sub in the unexperienced nacl in the deciding game. thats how u managed to get to the tiebreaker. which in retrospect wasnt too good for you since you got dropped on ur neck
Love to Tele uve been released from the Italian curse - Jsaok

Go Win again young Tele. "The BasedGod" he's so kind, he's so happy right now. Ay Shoutout to Germany Tho. Just caught up on the story, I think yall are dope no matter what. I want you to kno that no matter what the mods say, Tour Banned whatever. Go explore! Germany's a really beautiful place with a great history, yall the truth no matter what! U gon be up soon. Lol. Love to East too, Georgiaaa, Florida, New York. The rare artist has been studying the game learning new tiers, watching the game film, excited for S&M. I just bought a 2DS, ima cop that bittt yah, add me on the friend code. Layton vs Phoenix wright is soooo good. Aight im done. Will i get infracted for 3 posts in a row?

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hi all,

First, I would like to apologize for the length that this has dragged on. While not all of our work is explicitly public, I can say that the TD team has been dealing with this case for many, many hours combined both pre- and post-the last update. I, myself, have been interested in one thing only from the very start: finding out the most appropriate and fair actions that we should take with the German team members and the greater community in mind.

I would like to start the rest of this post by outlining the general issues that we faced:

1) There was clear evidence of some degree of misconduct with the German team, the specifics of which will not be elaborated upon in the rest of this post but assuredly do exist
2) The punishments rendered for a portion of the German team were considered unfair, not only by the accused themselves but by the greater tournament community
2a) I would like to add here that the TD team's decisions are not entirely up the community - while I will of course always listen to input from the outside, I firmly believe that the judgment of the members within the team should be the only way to move forward on any issue
3) The investigation into the German team during this WCoP caused us to fully and carefully evaluate our positions on ghosting, intra-team help and talking during battles. The result of this inward look brought us to a stage where we thought it would be appropriate to adjust some of the punishments initially handed out to the Germans.

At this point, then, I would like to make a note on what I personally consider competent or good leadership. I think a leader should be able to admit a case in which they have made a mistake, and reevaluation of that decision afterwards is not necessarily a mark of weakness but rather shows that community input and additional time spent on a situation can indeed be productive. I hope that during my tenure as a Tournament Director I continue to show and open mind for any of these situations that do come up.

A final word, then, before I will finish with the updates to the punishments: I apologize for the wait in a few of your cases. Unfortunately, this was a scenario that required looking at an absolute mountain of evidence and even then adjusting our rulings afterward in light of new information.

All this said, the TD team will be adjusting the following punishments:

Aurious: Serves out 2 month tournament ban (ending December 13), keeps infraction
Bluri: Adjust to 6 month tournament ban.
Get This Money: Serves out 2 month tournament ban (ending December 13), keeps infraction
Jira: Adjust to 6 month tournament ban.
Mil: Ban removed
Xray: Ban removed
Cosine180: Ban removed
Quaggster: Ban removed

To be as transparent as possible, I would like to close on the following note: many of you are aware of the evidence that the TD team used in determining our initial punishments. However, most of you are not aware of any of the supplemental information that has come in thereafter. It was an incredibly difficult decision, but in the end, we as a team have decided to err on the side of caution and lightness when determining to reduce or remove these bans. It was important to us to not establish certain precedents which will be considered going forward.

Again, to the community, it is startlingly easy to avoid either the forum-punishment or the social-stigma that comes with participating in ghosting. If there is no smoke, there is certainly no fire - don't come close to that line, don't suggest any sort of moves, allow your teammate or your friend to play completely alone and there will be literally 0 issue.

If there are any questions please feel free to reach out to me anytime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)