Finals World Cup of Pokemon X - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.
gratz east
seeing ""quite new"" players for the tournament scene like TDK and TheEnder getting important results is always a cool thing n_n

Lavos

Banned deucer.
congrats east you guys are some fantastic players and im glad the team that took us out also took home the trophy. shoutout to bkc and stathakis from east i know how much you both deserve it.

what a close series in the semis though. one of the few times where the phrase "it could have gone either way" is honestly applicable. shoutout to my team, first and foremost for being a kickass group of people, second for not getting too mad when i was banned and sticking it out until the end. our semis prep could have been better and our match coordination was dicey (haha) but at least we won't make those mistakes next year.

and finally, shoutout to the molemen, you know who you are.

ggs

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just wanted to clarify that the Camerupt logs BKC posted weren't me laughing at the choice of bringing a Camerupt, it was the fact of how ridiculous it was that Stathakis brought a team with Dual Electric-types to wear down Hippowdon by boosting and then HP Icing, forcing it to take over half of its health to take out one of the two Electrics. Camerupt, on the other hand, is capable of taking a +2 HP Ice from Thundurus and a +1 HP Ice from Raikou. This, alongside the fact that it was going to prevent Scizor from having any form of late game sweep, it was a insanely threatening 'Mon to see at team preview. Initial reactions weren't very positive for us, I thought we were fucked. What I said afterwards on IRC was laughing at the fact of how ridiculous it was of a time to bring Camerupt. ben has been a friend of mine for a while, I wouldn't laugh at the fact he brought a niche 'mon, it wasn't mean to be disrespectful in the slightest.

Pretty surreal to think about the past few months and how I went from asking PDC and Stath to get me a spot on the team to where we are now. s/o to ben gay for recommending me to Bloo and Val in SPL, giving me my first big tour experience. SPL may not have went over as well as I would have liked, but I think it was a fine start; I was teammates with some pretty cool people and glad to have met them.

I was pretty pumped to find out I got a chance on East, I built some ridiculous amount of teams the week I got invited to the channel. Something like 100 between the time I was invited and the time it started.

It's been a while since then, and we've made it pretty damn far. This whole tournament has been an overall amazing experience for me, some amazing times with my teammates, some amazing games to watch and play, and most of all seeing the pixels in my postbit.

I want to start my shoutouts with my captains; Stone_Cold and yondie. Saying you either guys don't deserve the trophy is a joke, you guys have been, are, and will be so vital to this team and are a huge reason we are where we are. Thanks to the both of you for giving me the chance, I really do appreciate it, as cheesey as it is. Hope the both of you stick around for as many future World Cups as you can, I'll do my best to bring you as many more wins as I can.

PDC

"he isn't anything special" - pdc 2014

Man you really have had an amazing year this year. #1 seed in Smog Tour and the best record in SPL + WCoP. 13-4 is pretty fucking amazing especially in that shitty matchup reliant ORAS tier, right? Nah but for real, you've had an amazing run and were such a huge part of the team this year. People won't understand anything beyond your record, but you were incredibly helpful offering opinions on teams, testing, and then being consistent at bringing home Ws. Also thanks for putting up with the shit I gave you in regards to ORAS building.

Stathakis

Lol god damn. We've come a long way since last year when I gave you a team for POCL. You were so fucking clutch this year holy shit. Give yourself more credit; you played in the two most pressured games anyone on our team has had and and probably two of the highest pressured situations in the whole tournament, only to pull out two wins. I may give you a lot of shit for the dumb ideas but you've always picked the best teams after your game vs Carloo, even if it wasn't my favorite one, it was the best one. You may not have been proud of your SPL performance but you better be from World Cup. You even picked up fucking RBY to help out Tobes man, you were such a key member to this team.

TheEnder

<3_<3

Man what a baller you are; you have always been a really solid teambuilder, one of the few that comes up with builds that I would steal, and you kept it up during WC. You were also insanely consistent in game, playing near perfect in your games vs Reymedy and SoulWind. So happy you were on the team and even more that we got a trophy together. luv u

bro fist

I was pretty sad to found out you weren't gonna be on the team when I was first in the channel. I never interacted with you at all, but I knew you were a really good player and followed all of East's games last year. You always had sick teams (s/o hugo) and always played insanely well. Everyone mentions the 0/8 Focus Blast game but your game vs Jirachee was insanely well played and insanely fun to watch. You followed it up again this year with a masterpiece vs Lyconik. He brought an extremely threatening team and you played a perfect game. I thought you didn't have the greatest of chances in the game because of the matchup and you end up dominating. These games are just a few key examples of how huge you were and are to this team. Please play next year too :'v

Bad Ass
I didn't really know much about you, but I've seen enough this World Cup to make my own opinion. You're insanely knowledgeable across every generation, especially in DPP - ORAS. You were easily the best person to test with; I think more in test games vs you than anyone else. Testing with you is so fun and I'm really glad you decided to play even after you "quit". Hopefully you decide to stick around long enough for someone to convince you to play again.

august

Didn't really talk with you that much, mainly because I couldn't contribute much to DPP outside of testing and I wasn't really needed for that. Watching you play was insanely fun and it's easy to see why we weren't putting BKC in DPP, besides the fact he fucking sucks. Look forward to working with you again next year; hopefully I'll be able to help you more.

BKC

lol!

idiotfrommars

"Nails 1v1 me in Ann Arbor. No guns."

Like a few other teammates, I didn't really know you too well early on, but damn you were so huge this year. Mad respect for being able to consistently play GSC at a high level, I honestly haven't been able to watch every turn of all of your games because it bores me to death while also stressing me the fuck out, preventing me from doing anything else. You may not have been able to beat GSC Don Omfuga, but you were able to clinch it for us in the game that mattered most, pulling through with the last win. HODOR

Tobes

We didn't really interact that much, but you were insanely solid for us this year in an insanely inconsistent tier like RBY. Oyster may have made some people upset but it really pulled through for you multiple times. Watching RBY is so stressful, how the fuck are you willing to play this tier?

aim

Seeing you leave midseason was pretty depressing, especially for something as silly as it was, but I respect your reasoning. Even then, you were still pretty damn helpful for a guy who quit before playoffs started. Glad we could at least get you the pixels you deserve.

steelphoenix

I was honestly pretty surprised to see you tryout for East before we started, but damn you were totally worth it. You may not have been happy with your results, but you fail to realize how helpful you actually were. You subbed in when we needed someone the most and then followed through next week with a huge win vs McMeghan, which hyped the team up so much. 1-2 isn't that bad, and you've done more than enough behind the scenes. Stay up man, hopefully you'll be happier with your performance in SPL and next World Cup.

Nails

King Nails. People will say you didn't deserve the trophy, but they really have no idea what you've done for the team. You even were subbed in last minute to play in a huge DPP Game when we needed you to win and you pulled through. You're a huge part of the team and I fucking love you.

AM

You may not have been too active, but you really are smart and you really need to give yourself more credit. You understand ORAS really well and understand how to play the game when you need to. You're a competent builder and player and really should branch out more; join some tours and see how it goes.

Henry

Man, if you weren't a dumbass you would have a trophy too. But you really were a huge help to the team, even if you couldn't commit the time some of us did, you made up for it by helping out whenever you could, and you made a very solid team on short notice when we really needed you to come through. Give yourself more credit and join some more tours.

Thatsjustpeachy and New Breed

I was pretty sad to find out neither of you were gonna be able to be on the team, but you both stuck around and were pretty big helps to our success. Glad to have had the both of you in the channel and hope you stick around.

Tokyo Tom Jaiho sugarhigh 49 Kushalos Tesung Dallaren

love you all

IAmGingy and Improbable

I've known the both of you for a while, and the both of you were pretty impressive this year in your own games, but you were also helpful whenever I needed opinions or tests. The two of you should continue joining tours and will definitely follow it up with good results.

s/o to IAmGingy for showing me Curse Gastrodon

ben gay

Stay up friend, you're easily one of the best builders in the game, just worry less about the game. Pokemon is fun when you're not stressing over it. Thanks again for helping me get into SPL. ~n_n~

dice

u hot

soulgazer

:3

tl;dr I fucking love my team

US EAST 2015

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)