NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still keep saying I haven't done anything when I've done plenty. Monty hall stuff started after Sam got shot but before that I was engaging and pressing regardless of what you have to say about it.

When you are a survivalist your strategy isn't get town the win it's get you the win. There's a difference. Fleshing everyone out? Relationships? This whole game that kind of shit has been distractions and busywork.

I've said my piece. Asek's got enough to make up their mind, and if not I'll be around for questions.

Asek

Banned deucer.
This was the position I feared being in most at the start of the game. That being said:

Both of these slots I feel have actively just dragged my contributions down for no reason other then to drag me into shot contention. This makses it hard for me to really be detached and read objective here

I think the overwhelming amont of flipped town that have been so sure of yetis town alignment seals it for me. I've looked back at it now, and jalmont, dle / walrein, twin, empoof and fh have been very assured that yeti is town. I dont like a lot of yetis actions this game: she has not pushed for anyone really aside from herself to be the last person remaining and I viewed this as rather scummy, but former hope did the same thing as well and this caused him to veer onto scum territory after i townread him for his josh interactions. A lot of her 'work' reads as scum trying to set up flips onto other players. But I gotta trust the rest of the town on this one I think.

I think if I shoot yeti I'm doing the rest of the town a disservice

KnightsofCydonia

Shoot blazade

I dont particularly like your argument blazade wrt to tunneling onto me so hard then flipping at the last second. I feel like it was made in design for you to reach f3 which you shouldnt have anticpated as a townie. But then again when people have presented me with that 'game show' scenario I never quite got it either. Oh well!

Well played to both of you and this wasnt as clear cut a descision as some might think it would of been

If yeti is mafia id like to congratulate the mafia team for winning what I would consider a very pro town set up

Cy'all in a month or 2. I'm not playing the next noc

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it's kinda ridiculous mafia won in a swtup thid insanely town sided but whatever

ftr I didn't sub out because my teammates were idling. I subbed because I realized what the wincon was, as in not parity. well done yeti on winning that. I would and did happily help out teammates.

also, surprised nobody referred to this. I very specifically said the /only/ way scum won was by HARD bussing, and initially yeti and sam were going to flip scum and give me towncred but in the end it turned out opposite.

and asek, dw, the correct shot there was blazade. no offense to him but he played a poor game and his lylo argument was weak.

Asek

Banned deucer.
if it must be said I think the worst series of play in this game that cost us dearly was haruno shooting empoof, hitmoleet --> twin --> flyhn and then obviously the shot onto me. I think I was pretty damn towny this game. I thought flyhn, twin and empoof were all pretty damn towny this game.

Town didn't really make that many mistakes, Yeti just played it really well. Obviously there were some pretty head-scratching shots, but it's not like they cost the town the game or anything. Yeti was really just that good.

I don't know if it's ironic or what, but it has to be said that the entirety of the mafia was at best average if not just bad, and yet Yeti somehow managed to carry them to a victory in a setup that is town-sided (I think it's more fair if the mafia only needs to equalize numbers, so if it's 6 mafia, 6 town, mafia win like in a normal game).

Fucking hell guys.

Look Josh with all due respect I never intended to be in LYLO. I intended to shoot Yeti. Everything I said about the Monty Hall play was true.

"No offense to me". Give me a fucking break. I did the best thing I could possibly do to figure this game out and I have no regrets.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Fucking hell guys.

Look Josh with all due respect I never intended to be in LYLO. I intended to shoot Yeti. Everything I said about the Monty Hall play was true.

"No offense to me". Give me a fucking break. I did the best thing I could possibly do to figure this game out and I have no regrets.
sorry

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
it doesn't matter if it's true. if you were sure yeti was scum you should've outright told walrein to shoot you or yeti. breaking that out of nowhere in lylo is /not/ believable.

I don't really wanna get into an argument here though lol I wasn't invested at all this game I played like shit myself

Final Showdown
The gun fires again. The theater, empty. Asek stands there, gun in hand, confused.

"That's enough of that, Missy."

Asek turns around, looking at a woman who looks like she stepped off the celluloid of a noir film.

"Yeah? Why should I? I've got the gun and you don't!"

"Exactly," smirks Yeti before dropping into a crouch and shouting "Don't shoot me, please!"

A woman cowering in fear and a woman holding a gun.

This is the scene the police see when they burst into the theater.

Asek's future has interrogations and trial hearings. Yeti's has witness protection, at least until she shakes her detail and leaves the country.

After all, it'll be easier to rebuild la famiglia by recruiting straight from the Old Country.

GAME OVER

Congrats to the scum for clinching their win.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
petition to reinstate the "must be living to win" rule after i outposted 5 of my 6 teammates combined

anw gg everyone i think there were some key misfires (empoof, twin, flyhn, walrein) that took out competent town minds early on; flyhn got hard and widely townread and was town so i can see where asek seeing so many people hard townreading me would push the shot away from me.

for what its worth if i was in asek's position i would have shot blazade for his argument, it wouldve pissed me off to no end someone was trying to be town and claim they intentionally sat back for some math shenanigans they were going to flip the story on.

i would've scumread blazade for his posts as town as well except i wouldn't have thought it possible he was ag's partner when he voted him. additionally i never would've scumread walrein when he started getting active. but i think those are the only two things i would've done super differently.

i still would've had the survivor mindset as town where i should be the last one bc i am the best. i think the problem that made it hard to tell was that would be true play for either alignment for me.

appreciate king and pancake subbing in and trying but i think those slots were not in the best position. honestly really surprised sam lived as long as he did and got townread as long as he did.

shubaka you're an idling cuck. ,,|,,

thanks for hosting koc, i know our team was a bit rough on you but i think 20 people was too many for this format. mafia didn't really have a chance and josh and sam both sort of peaced out on trying because of that. i think 13 town is just way too many to have to go through. i had to live 6 misfires solo to win. this would be much funner, quicker, and even for both sides. as it is this game was a huge slog and required a crapton more effort on my side than i think a game should for one little mafian ;~;

hope these nerds on MU are ready to get buttblasted in the championship game

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Empoof was the safest shot that I had that I scumread and was certain wouldn't be shot later on. The obvious shots at the time

That one idling cuck
Idle
Twin
And someone else I forget I was certain would be shot within 3-4 player shifts so

I realized I didn't have to shoot them. Surprised no one shot yeti at all since I'd think it's much safer to shoot the "notable" players since they would have a much easier time fooling town than others or better yet fucking rng'ing shots. No regrets with how I played. Gg yeti for being a goddess and actually managing to carry mafias ass.

I think this is my first NOC mislynch on the site. Can't say I didn't deserve it by gambling lol. I also hope we finally learned not to locktown Yeti over good posting habits, I've been waiting for this game for a while but I knew I couldn't win the 1v1 if it came to that.

Next time y'all should trust me when I start breaking out the math. I was proud of that shit.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lmao that hardcarry by Yeti

I am kinda peeved that Flyhn shot me over NONSENSE because he couldn't be bothered to stick to his own reads and just shot whatever was in front of him, that was a really poor play because that was the most authentic cycle I'd had and the notion that it was anywhere near a 50/50 between me and Walrein there was really annoying

Oh well I should've read the situation better - it was a tactical mistake to post much when I was getting by just fine with my hard-idle strategy (and yes it was difficult to post so little lmao just I figured that people would shoot what was in front of them mostly so long as I was aware of what was going on and not letting too many attacks on me go unfounded). I bussed everyone pretty hard because I saw no reason not to in this setup, Yeti played really well and I couldn't distinguish this from her townplay so I can't really blame any of the late-game town shooters - although I think that shooting Walrein was a sub-standard shot, to be quite honest.

Also while Blazade was the 'correct' shot there, his Monty Hall argument does make sense from some perspective - i.e. that Yeti was never seriously in contention for the shot on most of the previous ones. The issue I have with his argument is that Asek wasn't really in contention for the first two shots, so it wasn't an 80% chance to shoot Yeti it was more like a 66% chance imo. Either way Blazade played the last cycle pretty well but I do think that he played the early game a bit sub-standard - still though, making it to the end of a game this grueling is a testament to his employing my hard-idle strategy even better and more consistently than I did (albeit from the perspective of a different wc).

I think the early-game mafia play was really poor outside of Josh, and him subbing out was a big blow imo.

Frankly I would like to apologize to the players of this game as I approved it for 13 and didn't think things through enough to not allow it to expand to 20, which just made the game way too long. I appreciate KnightsofCydonia's consistent hosting throughout this time period though I do feel this setup is incredibly town-biased - I think that it is almost impossible for the mafia to win unless the town makes a large number of really poor shots, as frankly I think they did.

In any case good game, I won one that I really didn't deserve so thanks very much Yeti and you are going to do great in the championship I'm sure <3

i did mention in scumchat that I would die off, but I felt that a request for a sub in-thread would've been seen as scummy @_@ since I was under a teeny bit of pressure from people at the time

I'm very sad at how many people were like "fort has bigposts but his scumbuddies could've written that for him"

I wrote every single one of my posts on my own ;_;
I had my teammates look over a total of 1 of my posts, which I changed like 1 sentence of afterwards
everything else was my own ;_____________________;

.cri
.rage
.crimoar
.rageagain
.dontknowwhethertolaughorcry
.cri

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
nah fort it was more convenient for us to push that narrative, i needed to bus everyone on our team

i feel a bit bad for roughing up w-d and fort, and dbw/moody as well 8( unfortunately i needed to get people shot

also that i had to be so adversarial to walrein and blazade when i knew they were town and i would have big reasons to read them as town, if i was town, and asek who i knew would be a threat so i always had to be a bit frosty to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)