SM RU Whimsicott Trick Room

So the first pokemon I wanted to use on trickroom was choice banded pangoro due to its insane potential damage output with Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, Knock off coverage, as well as an iron fist boosted choice banded STAB Focus Punch.
large male (Pangoro) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Its EVs are self explanatory; Hit hard, take hits, outslow the opponent under the trick room provided by the rest of the team; 60 speed evs to outspeed uninvested base 65 mons like Umbreon and Vaporeon, as a wallbreaker that cannot finish off these mons before being burnt or toxiced without trick room has little utility. This pokemon is my main wallbreaker. It OHKOs a lot of unresisted mons with focus punch with a small amount of chip damage.

For my next pokemon I needed a consistent trick roomer with recovery and the capacity to deal damage in and of itself. For this reason, I chose Porygon2.
smooth duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
- Trick Room
This pokemon easily sets up trick room against almost any special attacker in the tier, and the same goes for physical attackers too, provided it is at full, so try to keep it healthy. This mon essentially functions as a fat revenge killer, except instead of getting kills, setting up trick room to provide the team more utility and kills in future turns.

After this, I realised I had little in the way of stopping a sweep or really switching into anything at all, so I wanted a mon that could do both
smallest man (Whimsicott) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
- Memento
This mon is essentially just an annoying pivot designed to switch into threats once or twice and allow my other defensive mons live longer, while using encore and memento to cripple opposing sweeps and attempt sweeps of my own.

This mon is a brilliant lead trick room setter, consistently letting me get up trick room, rocks and a hefty bit of damage at the start of almost every game. Its natural bulk and 252hp lets it take any initial hit, letting me go for trick room, and the next turn stealth rocks due to outslowing almost every mon in the tier. When this mon isn't 2HKO'd, its 252atk normal gem explosion does massive amounts of damage, as does its gyro ball.
bellend (Bronzong) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Trick Room
Explosion lets you play any mon you wish next turn, too. Fxa pangoro to break walls, or better still, the next mon I'm about to feature:

strange duck (Rampardos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Head Smash/Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance
This thing absolutely tears through teams, often times not even needing to boost. It has an absolutely insane 165 base atk. With a boosting nature and 252atk EVs, this thing is nothing to scoff at, boasting life orbed sheer force fire and thunder punches, as well as Rock Slide if you don't mind missing out on a few OHKOs that Head Smash easily provides. I mainly switch it in after a trick room setter has died setting up tr. It easily tears through teams, but rarely lives to tell the tale.

Here is the most powerful sweeper the team has to offer: Nasty Plot cofagrius with hidden power fighting and ghostium z, as well as trick room to allow it to outspeed entire enemy teams once its bulk allows it to set up a nasty plot or two.
dad (Cofagrigus) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
I'm not sure what else I can say about this mon other than providing a few calcs against the tier's bulkiest threats:
+2 252+ SpA Cofagrigus Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Camerupt-Mega: 439-517 (127.9 - 150.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Cofagrigus Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Camerupt-Mega: 439-517 (127.9 - 150.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Cofagrigus Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dragalge: 288-339 (86.2 - 101.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Cofagrigus Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix-Mega: 343-405 (96.8 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Cofagrigus Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 285-336 (72.3 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Cofagrigus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Swellow: 199-235 (76.2 - 90%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Essentially after stealth rocks it OHKOs or 2HKOs every neutral mon in the tier, needing minimal set up.

Here's the pastebin https://pastebin.com/uCkQQ3bG

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)