When do we plan to update the offensive and defensive threat lists?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I was wondering when we're going to get around to updating these in the RMT forum, because Platinum has brought in quite a few huge threats, and added a lot of threatening options to already existing Pokemon. Eg. Skymin for offensive, Rotom for defensive, etc.

Should we wait a couple of months before doing this, or should we get around to doing it now?

I think we should do it now. Platinum is here and everything is now available to us. I don't see any reason to wait as the metagame has pretty much been developed through weeks of theorymon alongside a week of playtesting.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I want to say wait a little bit until we can figure out threats and such. However if we have to do it now then we might as well consider the old threats and add and / or subtract new ones. I'd say when we start making the new analysis would be the best time but now doesn't sound horrible for the threat list.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How long of a "settle down" period are we looking for?

This also brings up the question of "when are we going to start allowing platinum movesets to be added?" This is going to require a lot of work, especially in the analyses and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we should get started sooner rather than later =\

I know people might say "NO!!!!" thanks to my past peer editing history but I have matured as both a writer and a user of common sense since my last peer edit and would love to help rewrite a few sets to include Platinum changes.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We could just re-instate the policy that was presented during the writing of the first peer edits. That is, just let badged members write the analyses in hopes that it will be completed more quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
While I can compromise on things like updating the lists, I absolutely cannot agree to writing any changes to the analyses now. It's very likely we'll just have to do them over again, and having these updated analyses online isn't of extremely pressing importance at this moment. What I'm aiming for is starting up the Platinum updating process by November (which isn't as far off as you think).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)