What's His Last? V2 Week 13 [Posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Dream Eater Gengar | OP stolen from Sobi | Banner by Zyo | Hosted alongside Zyo | Previous thread here

A long time ago, back when DPP was the current gen, and there was no team preview, the above question was often asked. You had to be prepared for anything in that last slot and use your deductive team building skills to figure out just what your opponent was saving in the back. Still today, we can use these skills to better build our own teams. When building, there will be times when you have 5 perfect Pokemon. Mons that fit together so well that you just can't seem to pick a final Pokemon. Or sometimes you have a crippling weakness to a major threat and can't think of a Pokemon that will cover it that fits the team. This project aims to let the community figure out what the best last Pokemon would be for a given team of five.

How this will work
Every Sunday, I will post a team that is missing one Pokemon. You guys will then post suggestions for the final Pokemon (guidelines to posts below). Until Thursday, as well as posting their thoughts on the last Pokemon, users can kindly critique the sets of others, though this is not mandatory. Once the voting period starts (Thursday to Sunday), people will choose the last Pokemon that they think fits the rest of the team best (guidelines to voting below). At the end of the round, the Pokemon with the most votes will be the winner! The team will be archived in the Hall of Fame, and the user who suggested the set will have his or her name alongside the team. Think of this as a lesson in team building!

Guidelines / Rules

1: Standard Monotype forum + Smogon rules apply; that means no flaming or antagonizing please.

2: No one-liners please; ideally, your post should have 2-3 lines and it must contain a set.
2.1: Your post should explain the Pokemon's role in the team, why you chose it, and the moveset.
2.2: When providing feedback on others' sets, be kind!

3: Do not slash moves on your sets. If you have an alternative, eg: Hydro Pump over Scald, mention it in your explanation, but do not slash it.

4: You must only submit one nomination.

5: Do not change the team's members nor movesets.

6: If you'd like a team of yours to be featured, PM me and Zyo with the importable and brief description so that we can feature it if we choose to do so.

7: Do not vote for your own nomination.

8: You are allowed to post the same Pokemon as someone else, however the set must be very different to theirs. Copying the exact same set but just changing the EVs or item is not "very different", and unless you change it, your post will not be counted.

9: Reservations are allowed; just make sure you do them

10: Do not change the set of a submitted Pokemon once voting starts.

11: Finally, have fun :)

Last edited:
Hall of Fame

Week: 1

Type:

Winner: Confluxx
Pokemon:

Week: 2

Type:

Winner: Zyo
Pokemon:

Week: 3

Type:

Pokemon:

Week: 4

Type:

Pokemon:

Week: 5

Type:

Winner: The Llama
Pokemon:

Week: 6

Type:

Winner: terrors
Pokemon:

Week: 1

Type:

Pokemon:

Week: 2

Type:

Winner: Waszap
Pokemon:

Week: 3

Type:

Winner: Endal
Pokemon:

Week: 4

Type:

Winner: SirSkit
Pokemon: 

Week: 5

Type:

Pokemon:

Week: 6

Type:

Winner: Zyo
Pokemon:

Week: 7

Type:

Winner: vlmufa
Pokemon:

Week: 8

Type:

Winner: Ridley.
Pokemon:

Week: 9

Type:

Winner: Rise of Darkrai
Pokemon:

Week: 10

Type:

Winner: iLlama
Pokemon: 

Week: 11

Type:

Winner:
Pokemon:

Week: 12

Last edited:

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Week 1

Shoutout to Crashy for the team
Kyurem-Black @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball

Cryogonal @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover

Description
This team was built around Babiri berry Kyurem-Black used to check steel types like Scizor. Froslass was added as an anti lead, with thunder wave to cripple fast threats. Choice Scarf Mamoswine was used to check fire types, also a great revenge killer. Cryogonal is a good special wall and spinner, since Ice doesnt appreciate hazards. Weavile was chosen for the last slot because of its great speed tier and to ease the psychic matchup, aswell as its access to priority. But the real question is..... Whats his last?

You have until Thursday, July 21 to post

Last edited:

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Roar

This team simply lacks a Stealth Rock setter. Taken from EV and Sets Compendium, with Stone Edge replaced with Roar, as this team has a way to kill Mega Charizard Y already and Roar will negate greedy Scizor's set up attempts. EV spread is also changed to offensive one due to more aggressive nature of this team.

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
- Ancient Power

Lapras is a solid addition to this team as it not only adds another fire neutral mon, but it also adds a guaranteed steel neutral mon. Having Water Absorb as well allows it to check Azumarill, especially BD, as well as other choiced water mons that could become problematic for your team (*cough*Keldeo*cough*)Now, this set for Lapras may seem strange since it's running Ancient Power over Surf, but what happens if your scarf Mamoswine just so happens to miss that Rock Slide on Mega Char-Y? This provides additional coverage for that ever possible miss.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Freeze-Dry vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 338-402 (92.8 - 110.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 308-366 (95.3 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 288-340 (96.9 - 114.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Ancient Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 178-210 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Frost Breath vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 324-384 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 297-351 (88.9 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

Penguinn

Banned deucer.
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Okay so the team looks very offensive which means you should stick to pressuring the opponent, cloyster fills the spot with shell smash. I decided to make it mixed because skarmory would wall this team after kyurem is gone. Naive nature because cloyster only has 45 special defense anyway. Cloyster just supports the offense more and puts pressure off kyurem vs multiple things that it can face but would get worn down in the process.
Calc for skarmory: +2 4 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs 252/4 SpD Skarmory: 277-327(82.9 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2hko after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Okay so the team looks very offensive which means you should stick to pressuring the opponent, cloyster fills the spot with shell smash. I decided to make it mixed because skarmory would wall this team after kyurem is gone. Naive nature because cloyster only has 45 special attack anyway. Cloyster just supports the offense more and puts pressure off kyurem vs multiple things that it can face but would get worn down in the process.
Calc for skarmory: +2 4 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs 252/4 SpD Skarmory: 277-327(82.9 - 97.9%) -- garunteed 2hko after Leftovers recovery
Not to be picky or something, but your post is a bit flawed. First, I guess you wanted to say Cloyster has 45 Special Defense, not Special Attack? And second, "garunteed 2hko after Leftovers recovery"? Why not just copy and paste the line from the calculator?

Penguinn

Banned deucer.
Not to be picky or something, but your post is a bit flawed. First, I guess you wanted to say Cloyster has 45 Special Defense, not Special Attack? And second, "garunteed 2hko after Leftovers recovery"? Why not just copy and paste the line from the calculator?
Thanks, I just noticed that one mistake and I have to type out my calcs because I submit things to smogon from my phone.

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry / Blizzard

hi the team's pretty cool featuring cryogonal over avalugg which in my opinion is really interesting. Not to mention the Babiri Kyurem-Black. Unfortunately that means you have to run choice scarf mamoswine and you miss out on stealth rock because of that. That's why I think Aurorus is a great fit on this team. It's arguably the best stealth rock user available to ice-type and matches an offensive team like this really well, supporting its team mates with encore + thunder wave along with stealth rock as well as hail support. The last move is a toss up. Freeze dry hits water-types like keldeo which can avoid thunder wave with substitute and threatens the team unless you catch it with an encore on the substitute which is a very risky play. Blizzard is overall more power as it gains perfect accuracy in hail.

Walrein @ Choice Specs
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Spa / 96
Modest Nature
- Frost Breath
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Signal beam

Walrien Is a good Scizor Check outside of Babari Kyurem-B if that down early in the steel match up or any match up with Sczior which makes walrien a good back up check and powerful specs user and a good fire switch it since it has Thick fat while mamo isnt a switch since it still doesn't like taking strong fire moves.

Last edited:
Congratulations to terrors and his Aurorus!
Terrors:- 7
Penguinn:- 1
TheLlama:- 2
Zmeeed:- 2
Cjl1:- 2

WEEK 2

Shoutouts to terrors for the team!

Politoed @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Perish Song

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 86 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower 

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

This is standard Rain offense with Choice Specs Kingdra and Mega Swampert to abuse the Rain, Azumarill to deal with Dragon-types and wall break in general, and Keldeo for its strong immediate power and great speed tier. But the question is.....what's my last?

Deadline is Thursday, 28/7.

Last edited:

Relicanth @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def /252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Yawn/Buldoze
- Head Smash

This team has a rocker already yes but having a dedicated lead with rain really helps perserve Politoad and it's eject button. since this relicanth is a suicide lead it will set up rocks rain and head smash itself to death or will yawn since no one likes being set up on. After reli is gone it makes room for swampert or kingdra do some early game damage that will help you sweep late game.

P.s yes I'm aware its a relicanth

Last edited:
After terrors literally sniping every mon, i call for a ban on reserves

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 160 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off / Sludge Wave / Confuse Ray / Filler
- Scald

Anyways, this team is pretty HO with a defensive check being poli, so I thought it could use a sort of spdef check as well.
This team is hella weak to grass mons, specially since the only grass resist is kingdra, which needs to be in good health to preserve it from dying to priority. And the mega of choice is the clearly inferior swamp, so that makes it worse vs any grass mon. So i thought this team could use something that could take away hazards, mainly webs, something that cripples this team very much, and also rocks. This thing can also tank 3 hits from a breloom bullet seed, and it still outspeeds and can kill it back.
Tenta is also the designated check to threatening CM setters such as Clefairy, and the desginated grass knot switch in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)