Multi Gen What the fucking fuck fuckity happened to Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wtf happened to pokemon?!?!?!?! first it was fucking mega evolution evolution then it was alolan shitty form and now wtf z moves??? are you fucking serious?

let me first talk about mega evolution, the reason why i left pokemon a long time ago. one of the things that i loved about pokemon growing up was the stats. The stats of pokemon just made sense to me in a really instinctive kind of way. For example, when I look at a Pokemon like blastoise, i can tell it has high defense because it has a fucking hugh ass shell for god sake. i can reasonably see it defense somewhere like 115 or something. Then there are odd Pokemkn like Shuckle with highest defense and that was pretty awesome since it brought a sort of mytic to the Pokemon, what is it shell made of? how it get so rock hard? You have Pokemon with statline that more or less compliments their design. Mewtwo with the telepathy looking ass has a fittable 154 sp. atk. Rayquaza being a fearsome dragon gets reasonable high stats in atk and sp. atk. What I'm getting at is pokemon stats and their design goes hand in hand and that makes it cool and brings a sense of realness to the strength of pokemon.

then came mega evolution and we are introduce to some shit like amparos wearing a fucking scavre that bring it sp atk to 2 million or put slowbro shell around it body and it defense goes up 3 million. like wtf? it just took the balance of pokemon stats with respect to their design off balance. From a design prespective, stats don't mean anything anymore. Now from a competitive prespective, a lot of the, are not even used correct me if I'm wrong. but for me personally, battle competitively, a part of the joy comes from the design prespective if you know what I mean. I mean before you have like those trio legendary with 580 stats like Articuno and although it is a fucking trash competitvely, it is still cool because its legendary, belongs in an excusive base stat total group, which gives it a certain mystic. now you have mega pokemon that just trash this concept. i can talk for more about why mega evolution should not exist but I have to move on now to the next topic.

Alolan form. are you fucking kidding me, fucking gamefreak? You would think that a multibillion company would have money invested into hiring artist to come up with new pokemon that are acceptable to their design standard. But they are just lazy, it just seems that way. So now vupix live in cool mountain and it turns into ice type, ok evolution, i get it, but like it is just not good for pokemon. Why would you want to see the same pokemon return again differently? i want new pokemon, new pokemon design. if everything would just return to the way it was from 5 gen than that wiuld be great, it would be so good pokemon if they just stick to what they did the first five generation. People wouldn't get bored if you kept chugging out cool unique design every generation. Now with this shit, people will get bored trust me, its like too much powerwise like dragonball z or digimon or some shit.

now why am i writing this? well because of a couple reason. It's tuesday night I done with all my work and frankly I have nothing better to do atm and I was thinking huh, new generation pokemon come up, maybe I will play again, saw trailer on youtube and was like fuck this shit. Secondly, growing up I was a hugh pokemon fan, I remember playing pokemon emerald and it was so much fun. I also got into competitive uber battle to some degree and it was fun amd now I am so sad what the pokemon company has done to their product that brought me years of childhood joy.

let's talk about fucking z moves, again some random shit they come up with in deciding who gets exucusive z move from popularity wtf. like mega evoultion fucking charizard getting two mega evolution just becuase it was popular is just not good. its just like weird and randon as hell from what used to be a delicate balance. now with z moves imagine this, waiting 20 seconds to see a dragonball z kamekamehaze, massive fail. pokemon should not be this way.

agree, disagree, whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)