Serious What song has helped you through tough times?

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
For me, it's like an evolution. They help me cope through whatever emotions I'm going through at that moment. I'll just list the basic emotions that we go through, and then the song I use to cope it. Note, that even though happiness would be the final shot that I'm going for, it loops around back to sad. Maybe it's what I've been through, but everyone goes through this. It also gives me some sort of closure to know that I'm not the only one who goes through terrible moments. They can span from relationships and heartbreaks, to the loss of someone, to the conquering of something that I've given blood and sweat for. I'm glad I'm able to listen to these pieces through the darkest times and the brightest times. It makes me glad to be human.

Relationships would go like:

Melancholic moments and moments of just overall thought/thinking:

Moments of conquer(as I like to call them):

Whenever I'm riding in the car with my best friend, we always put Sugar, We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy. It's what we sing whenever we've had a damn good day and I get to look at her eyes at how happy she is. Whenever we have a rut, we put Pink Rabbits.

Crazy how music can affect us, eh?

In the summer of 2015, I had a bitch of a panic attack, went on anxiety meds, and got fucked over by the side effects. MGMT's album Congratulations was my soundtrack then. I can still refer to different songs on the album and think 'and this song relates to what happened when...'

Reactions: nui

natu

Formerly Antgeezy
the whole Man on the Moon: The End of Day album by Kid Cudi. Soundtrack 2 My Life will always be a great fuckin song to vibe to when feeling down

I’ve had a couple of songs to help me keep going over the years, though they’re all really different and contrasting.

Dropkick Murphys- I’m Shipping up to Boston

Dropkick Murphys- Willy McBride

The Offspring- You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid

My Chemical Romance- Welcome to the Black Parade

Those were probably the ones that helped me most, but there were still likely more that I just can’t remember right now.

I have tremendous anxiety issues that began when I was a teenager and continued well into my adult life. However, I didn't really know about this song until recently. I heard it for the first time while I working my first job 2 years ago. I love it so much. It along with a few other songs were the main songs I'd listen to on my break. They'd always help calm me down and get ready for the rest of my shift. Nowadays, I just watch youtube throughout my break but when I first started working this song was a god send.

This song hasn't helped me out at all but it put alot of what I do into perspective and I have a feeling it'll be the main song that'll help me through some future endeavors. After listening to Unwell for about the 100th time, I finally decided to have my ma listen to it. She said, it sounded very familiar but she could quite put her finger on it which was Little Wonders. They're both sung by the same singer which is why it sounded so familiar to her. She did know the name of the song though and directed me to it. First time I heard it, I cried of course. This song is me in general. I enjoy little moments and seriously try to let go of things and move on so this song spoke to me in a way I cant quite describe. It's not quite my favorite song but it's one of the songs I most enjoy listening to. Between both of these songs, I'm a huge Rob Thomas fan.

I don't really have anything to say about this one. It's my most favorite song and I deeply enjoy it.

Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly, I wanna see you be brave

The perfect song to end my day, ignore the judgment of other and live your life to the fullest. Now, I just need to transfer my Siamese from my bed to her heated cat bed. I wonder why she always tends to sleep on my bed when she already has one of her own.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
4 more songs for you;

This is probably not too known or famous but this helps me atm;
Windows (ft. Chance the Rapper) - Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment

Lyrically great, esp. the part about relatability with "dads";
The Writer - Chance the Rapper

The chorus gets to me lol, but love this, posted both studio then live versions;
First World Problems (ft. Daniel Caeser) - Chance the Rapper

Less serious, but this has helped me through 52 years of hurt, but its coming home this year;
Three Lions - Baddiel, Skinner and The Lightning Seeds

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As I am going through a better, brighter, happier period of my life, but a bit blue at the same time, this song has become my savior

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
If you've seen my thread about Bullying (here) then you would know wrestling season my last 2 years of highschool wasn't really everything it should have. When I would fall into a Melancholic kind of state, which was often every night after practice, I would hop on smogon and PU's Discord and listen to an assortment of Lo-Fi Chillhop Music from multiple artists. It would really help cool me off and help me relax and get ready for bed so I could wake up and lift the next day. Some of my favorite artists include Tomppabeats, o k h o, [bsd.u], SwuM, Samsa, and Ian Ewing.

Here are some of my favorite songs to listen to when the mood arises:
(click title to listen to the song)

Doomsday by MF Doom

Netflix and Chillwave by cameragrammar

another perspective by Idealism

Journey by Tom Misch

[Graduation] by Tomppabeats

Mango Pulp by Edamame, Ian Ewing

Rooftop Reservations by Bonus Points

Any and all of Samsa's Songs
To check out more great music, Here you can find the Youtube channel that introduced me to LoFi.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
most songs that get me through hard times are by artists who i know are way sadder than me. In high school i listened to a lot of grunge, especially Alice in Chains, because Layne's lyrics were usually about his life crumbling away due to addiction to heroine (he ultimately died alone in his apartment in his early 30s iirc). While it's a tragic story, I loved his sincerity, and I knew that whatever problems i was going through during my formative years - mainly unrequited love - were chump change in comparison.

The band I latched onto the most however was Smashing Pumpkins. Billy Corgan has a way of writing about despair and depression while making music that is heartwarming and nostalgic. He wrote a lot about heartbreak so that really spoke to me. Like with Layne, it was all about his sincerity.

15 years later, I still get a little emotional listening to this song. It was my junior year, my first girlfriend had broken up with me the previous year, and the girl I swore I was in love with and who told me she loved me back was with some cocky jerk who didn't treat her right. I pined after her for so long and my safety pillow was Smashing Pumpkins. They were the soundtrack to my young heartbreak, but now that I've moved far beyond that, my love for the band never went away.

Reactions: BP
The band that got me through the most was Pantera. I can’t give you a specific song, as a different song has helped me through different points in my life. I’ve loved their music for as long as I can remember and I strived to be just like Dimebag Darrell when I grew up. As I get older my love for them never fades.

For me, its about the feeling it gives off and power and intensity of the music.

lol, wtf is this thread/title? anyways, I like this cover, it gives some feel good vibes:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)