Walrus WALRUS - Yeti's Anti-Pandering - Won by Oddish.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
4th

myzozoa
The Organ - Brother
Another really hard to place song because it's kind of in the same range as the other "yeah this was ok but not demanding of my attention" songs. It was fine tho. Um so is the singer a male or a female cause it sounds like a woman but looks like Benedict Cumbersnatch kind of in the video so maybe neither? Whatever I don't rly care what u are as long as u dont suck at singing.

Yeti

dark saturday
3rd

Lord Gaius
Stars - The Passenger
This song is right after Walrein's which will make any song sound better. I enjoyed this piece and didn't forget it was playing. This is actually the only band I'd heard of before this cat and I've had Elevator Love Letter on my iPod for years so ayy. Their songs have been in a LOT of TV soundtracks, though, so I am kind of hesitant to say they actually fit this cat? But whatever. I won't take this one good placing from LG.

Yeti

dark saturday
17th

Walrein
again.
Ripe - Goon Squad
WARNING LIVE MUSIC SPOTTED. Bruh u make the mistake of sending me something with "live" in the video title after I explicitly said I only like studio quality sound? Actually let's be honest here - you made the mistake of sending me this song AT ALL. It's five minutes and the singing in the first minute is atrocious. It seems to pick up a little bit after but this seems like some dumb hipster singer/band and I think you forget that though I herald from the land of the hipsters, I share almost no ~AESTHETIC~ with them. I was going to give this a 2 because I just feel bad for Walrein at this point but this song sucks dude. If you send crap send 2 minutes not 5. Fun Fact Peace of Mind is single-handedly carrying Walrein to not-dead-last in this entire Walrus but I haven't graded Blazade and Snype yet. Is Boston dadrock strong enough?!?!?!

Yeti

dark saturday
15th

KnightsofCydonia
Muse - Feeling Good
This slow af start makes me think I underscored shubaka's entry which is right above this on my sheet. At least that just got out there with its platypus worship. I feel like Muse's "not happy" songs have more of an upbeat sound and stuff Going On than this, so it may fit lyrically but the juxtaposition is a swing and a huge miss. I think such a thing works better in a song like Hey Ya where the message is serious but the beat is upbeat so everyone dances to it but ignores what is actually being said. I would just ignore this song entirely. I like Muse but this is a clunker.

Yeti

dark saturday
14th

atomicllamas
Marian Hill - Lips
This is a song where I narrow my eyes and go "is this a slow song..." She kinda sounds like Cher Lloyd but not as good and all the random effects are a bit too dubsteppy for me. For as much as I love the synth I really don't care for the WUBWUBWUB of dubstep and its processed sounds. The part at 2:20 is actually good until it gets the WUB. The audio seems like Crystal Castles 4 kind of but the singing is really mainstreamy and the result is a weird mix.

Yeti

dark saturday
11th

shubaka17
Phineas and Ferb - Everything's Better With Perry
I can respect the lyrical sentiments of this song's respect and praise for the noble platypus and specific individual identified here as "Perry." Certainly, Perry improves the lives of those around him, to such a degree they felt it critical to write a song in tribute to this steadfast, hairy companion. Unfortunately, the platypus is cooler than the beat.

Yeti

dark saturday
10th

RODAN
Jamiroquai - Canned Heat
The start of this video looks like this is a mad stoner song. The beat is straight out of the disco era... Knights would give this an 8.5+ bc he gives literally every song that rating; as for me, I can't say disco-y things are particularly enthralling to me. As a 20-something millenial, I find myself not in the stage of my life to appreciate this retro sound. Lyrically it sounds like The Gaga - the chorus literally repeats "just dance" lol. This is what I asked for for this cat I just didn't overly like listening to it.

Yeti

dark saturday
9th

LightWolf
Flyers - BRADIO
Sending "Japanese indie rock" - a risky choice, considering KPop is an autofail for being bad. Again this is a song where I'm like "wish I knew wtf he was saying" and it doesn't have a bad beat and how they sing is p okay so it would score a lot better if it was in English. FTR I have spent years trying to learn Spanish but I am a master of only one language and thus hold it above all others for music etc.

Yeti

dark saturday
8th

Lord Gaius
Juce - Burnin Up
One of my favorite Ladytron songs is called Burning Up and I doubt this will live up to it based on the first thirty seconds but I will judge this song on its own accord. myzozoa is probably going to claim I hate ethnic music or something when I don't grade this super well... I dunno maybe dude I guess all the pander-fail bands are "white" though largely not-American. I don't know quite what I don't like about this, the vocals are fine, she's not a BAD singer, it's just kinda... flat. This could use being sped up and a hyphy guitar. The synth is too like club-music or something and I think this song isn't hyphy enough for its lyrics. It's another where I don't dislike it, I just wish it was different.

Yeti

dark saturday
6th

Steven Snype
The Mowgli's - Whatever Forever
This seems like it belongs in a Coca Cola commercial where the people are generally lower-middle class and nobody is the same race and they all come together to like replant some old white dude's garden and he overcomes his prejudices and opens his home to all and always has coke in a cooler on his porch for them. It was an okay song though I had no problems listening through it fully well done Snype you actually beat Walrein.

Yeti

dark saturday
5th

Oddish.
Mary Poppins Soundtrack- A Spoonful Of Sugar
Oh man Oddish is 1.1 points ahead of Granny Pie and his song is currently winning this cat, barring relistens and adjustments. I think Oddish may have thrown her lead with this song... I like Let's Go Fly a Kite sooo much more than this. I feel like I have clicked into this song over my years on YouTube but I don't particularly know why and it's really better as part of the movie than in isolation. It's not a BAD song I just struggle to place it above the 6's. It's right on the cusp of "might relisten" and "prob wouldn't" - will that be enough for Oddish to hold her lead? Depends on how high-scoring the top songs are, huh?

Yeti

dark saturday
4th

Da Letter El
Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work
I have heard this song somewhere... but I can't even remember if it's from Pandora or this is one of those pervasive commercial songs. It sounds like uh a Phoenix song. I think I have confused this FOR being sung by Phoenix actually on Pandora lol. All the comments with "let's make this happen girl IDFJKDSFKLA;LSDJHDFKJFD" lmao too gd true. TF is he spitting out of his mouth there? This song actually made me increase the one above it on my sheet because I was like no this is a 7 pointer, the absolute bottom of "would prob relisten" and I like the other one better.

Yeti

dark saturday
3rd

vonFiedler
Howard Jones - Life in One Day
You can tell from the instrumental intro this is gonna be a happy feel-good song. Prooobably the most telegraphed of this cat. I respect it. It has a super 80s sound, somewhere between Erasure and Culture Club. For some reason I don't Love it and I really don't know what is wrong to cause that but I think this is still a good score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)