VGC18 Building around Scizor

Hey guys new to VGC but I want to make a team around Scizor (as its my favourite Pokémon) but I am struggling as I just find him not that viable due to Lele's terrain and his movepool. Anyway please let me know what you guys think.

Scizor @ Life Orb
- Bullet Punch
- Bug bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

This set is to start along side a Fake out user for potentially a free Swords Dance.
Fake out users I'm thinking of using:-
Alolan Persian
Sableye
Female Meowstic
Hitmontop.

Hitmontop & Meowstic both get helping hand as well as fake out, female meowstic has competitive to discourge intimidate while hitmontop running intimidate. Persian and Sableye both get Quash, Sableye obviously outrunning anything with piorty quash but with Scizors Bullet Punch both get stopped by Psychic terrain.

The other set I was thinking of running was:-

Scizor @ choice band
- Bullet punch
- Bug bite
- Superpower
- Knock off?

Only teammate I'm currently probably going to run is Heatran to soak up Fire and again discourge fire users as Heat wave seems to currently be the most popular fire move.

Any strats you may have knowledge of or something you think could work please let me know as like I said it is my favourite Pokémon and really want to try and make it work.

Many Thanks.

Hi, I also want to create a team with Scizor, my idea is use it in a Sand team (Tyranita, Excadrill, M-Salamance)

I would recommend, if you want to use the set you are currently using, to use the Fake Out, Helping Hand Hitmontop with Intimidate to take care of physical attackers in the meta. I would also recommend using Scizorite or Occa Berry to increase damage or help survive a Fire-type attack. Life Orb is really risky for Scizor, as it can kill it if you are not careful, and you spend too much time setting up with Swords Dance.

I personally would recommend a Wide Guard user against the Heat Waves, as switching out would result in losing stat changes, and Wide Guard protects against spread moves like Heat Wave just as well as Flash Fire does to Fire moves, except with a certain type, and more type coverage. I prefer Celesteela and Aegislash, but Carracosta and Golem work just fine, and Carracosta has access to Shell Smash, White Herb, Aqua Jet.

But your Scizor (plural) described can work just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)