VGC 17' Secret Santa Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Secret Santa is back! And it’s time to get into the holiday spirit!

About Secret Santa

So for those of you who don’t know how this works, Secret Santa is a tournament where players will have to play through the tournament without their own teams, but teams donated by other participants. Participants will submit their teams to the host, then the host will then scramble up and distribute the teams to the participants who must play with whatever team they receive. Each round the participants who are still in the tournament will receive a different team to keep things interesting. The tournament will finally have two winners, the player who won in the finals and the creator of the team that won!

Rules
  • VGC 17’ Rules
  • Battles will be Best of 3
  • Single Elimination
  • These games will be played on Showdown, however, if both parties agree to play on cartridge then I will allow that.
  • Only use the team that is given to you that round, if you are caught using a different team you will be disqualified.
  • You may only submit one team! If you want to submit a team, but not play in the tournament that's fine. Just remember to only submit a single team in that case as well.
  • Please do not complain about the team that is given to you
  • Please do not also reveal the teams that you used.
  • All participants must PM the teams to me.
  • You will get a new team for each round, so don’t fret if you have received a less than stellar team in the last round
  • SAVE REPLAYS AND BATTLE VIDEOS
  • Please PM your opponents as soon as possible for scheduling matches. Each round will last 1 week, so use that time to contact your opponent, schedule a time, and finish the match.
  • Please don’t be that guy that submits a Magikarp, Cutiefly, and Life Orb Pikachu squad. I will personally be screening each team with a co-host and if your team is deemed uncompetitive, then it will be rejected. Also please don’t submit a cheesy Minimize + Stockpile team, since that is not in the holiday spirit :]
Example of a Passable team
Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect

Golduck @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 76 Def / 116 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Protect

Example of a not Passable team
Gigalith @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Power Gem
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon

Torkoal @ Normalium Z
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Stockpile
- Body Slam

Golisopod @ Eject Button
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Mean Look
- Rest
- Nature's Madness

Gumshoos @ Great Ball
Ability: Stakeout
- Rock Tomb
- Scary Face
- Taunt
- Swagger

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird

Additionally
  • Don't worry about signing up on Challonge anymore, just post IN if you want to join
  • As stated before there will be two winners; both the player and the creator of that team. So if you’ve been knocked out don’t give up hope as your team can still pull it off in the right hands!
  • By my co-host and I will be distributing the teams out, so don’t be confused if you don’t get the team directly from me.
  • Teams will need to be submitted before signups end. If you can’t get the team for me in time, then you’ll be removed from the tournament.
  • If the team is deemed uncompetitive then I may ask for replays of you using that team. If the replays are sufficient, then you’ll be allowed to submit the team. If not, it’ll be rejected and you will need to submit a better one
  • The creators of the teams will be kept hidden by me until the end of the tournament.
  • PM me the replays as well as results of your game
  • I’ll have a large list of all the creators with the teams they submitted for anyone to view.
  • Most importantly as easy as it is to copy and paste “standard” teams, please use this tournament to exercise your brain and submit a more unique team. I’m not condemning anyone for submitting chalk but if you have a more interesting team please feel free to submit that instead!
  • If there happens to not be a huge amount of signups then I'll just cut it down to first 32 or 64 to sign up.

Good luck to everyone, have fun, and Merry Christmas! :]

http://challonge.com/58a5iajq

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)