Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Mega lopunny is a set up sweeper, checks landorus and most other ground types at neutral, can drain punch back up to full on anything that doesnt resist it especially after one or two power up punches which also allows it to check anything that doesnt resist both fighting and ice with those Power up punch boosts, outspeeds almost every non speed boosting mon in ou barring timid mega alakazam which is checked by other mons on the team. Also sets up on bulky normal types like Chansey or blissey. Limber ability before mega so I cant be paralyzed in non mega

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psyshock

Scarf blacephalon outspeeds and ohkos mega alakazam, gets a beat boost for special attack and starts sweeping, checks steel, ice and grass types with fire blast with no beast boosts and after one or two beast boosts will at least do a lot of damage to anything that wants to revenge kill it. Hidden power ice let's it ohko even a scarf landorus that might wanna come in to knock this out. Locking into moves limits its functionality and often limits it to one or two beast boosts before switching but the ability to check big threats like alakazam or landorus is worth that limitations especially since it can still go down doing big damage to something once it's no longer useful in a matchup.

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Nihilego is another special attack beast boost sweeper but not being choice locked it can generally sweep easier especially after blachephalon chips things down for it, it lives a leaf storm from timid serperior and ohkos it in return with sludge wave, hp grass, thunderbolt, and power gem also make this a great anti-rain mon ohkoing mega swampert, pelipper and manaphy.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Ninetales sets veil allowing my mons to take more hits, has heal bell in case anything gets burnt or poisoned, freeze dry checks or at least chips down water types, max speed allows it to get veil off before getting hit in a lot of cases along with max defense to help it take hits better especially behind veil meaning it can come in and set veil multiple times in a match fairly easily, and moonblast is just a hard hitting STAB move

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

Toxapex behind veil just doesn't die and can toxic recover stall anything that can be hit with a toxic often winning me games or wearing things down so I can get an easy kill with one of my set up sweepers, haze so i dont get set up on, and scald to possibly burn physical attackers or to do a little bit of damage and speed up toxic stalling.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Gliscor is my rock setter and my defogger, didnt have any bulky sp. def pokemon so i made it max sp. def so i can switch into specially offensive pokemon, I can defog away my opponents rocks then set my own afterwards, knock off to get rid of items and earthquake just for a strong stab move. Mostly just there to deny my opponents rocks and to have my own rocks up to make it a little easier to get kills with my sweepers as well as to discourage lots of switching and/or aggressive doubling while also making it easier for me to switch around since its denying rocks

Cool team, just some minor set changes:
M-Lopunny:
Fake Out -> Return
Your lack of a reliable STAB leaves you walled by stuff you would normally beat, such as Mega Alakazam.
Also to note, against stuff 2x weak to Ice Punch that don't resist Normal, use Return, which outdamages Ice Punch by 4 points (Just saying)

Blacephalon:
What does Psyshock hit that Fire Blast doesn't?
M-Venu and Amoonguss are already hit hard, so is it just for Keldeo?

Alolan Ninetales:
Heal Bell -> Blizzard (optional)
Alolan Ninetales doesn't seem bulky enough to pull of the role of Cleric, and you have Gliscor as a status absorber already. Blizzard's extra power is optimal against targets like Tornadus that are bulky enough to take a Freeze Dry. Then again, if it's important (M-Lopunny get's burned and you need it to check a target) you could keep it, but Blizzard is generally better.

Toxapex:
Physically Defensive -> Specially Defensive
Bold -> Calm

Toxapex needs it's special bulk to check Volcarona and Zard X. It already has above average Physical bulk and the HP investment, and needs no more.

No mon changes I can think of at the moment, just my two cents!

Cool team, just some minor set changes:
M-Lopunny:
Fake Out -> Return
Your lack of a reliable STAB leaves you walled by stuff you would normally beat, such as Mega Alakazam.
Also to note, against stuff 2x weak to Ice Punch that don't resist Normal, use Return, which outdamages Ice Punch by 4 points (Just saying)

Blacephalon:
What does Psyshock hit that Fire Blast doesn't?
M-Venu and Amoonguss are already hit hard, so is it just for Keldeo?

Alolan Ninetales:
Heal Bell -> Blizzard (optional)
Alolan Ninetales doesn't seem bulky enough to pull of the role of Cleric, and you have Gliscor as a status absorber already. Blizzard's extra power is optimal against targets like Tornadus that are bulky enough to take a Freeze Dry. Then again, if it's important (M-Lopunny get's burned and you need it to check a target) you could keep it, but Blizzard is generally better.

Toxapex:
Physically Defensive -> Specially Defensive
Bold -> Calm

Toxapex needs it's special bulk to check Volcarona and Zard X. It already has above average Physical bulk and the HP investment, and needs no more.

No mon changes I can think of at the moment, just my two cents!
I agree that changing fake out for return would be a good option on lopunny

I agree theres not much besides keldeo that psyshock hits better than fire blast on blacephalon I just also dont see much else in his move pool that would be worth running on a scarf set

I think ninetales having heal bell is better primarily for lopunny because it's my only mon outputting any large amounts of physical damage since my other two sweepers are both special attackers and letting it get burnt makes it a lot harder to deal with special walls that are weaker on the physical side. I also feel like between freeze dry on this and power gem + thunderbolt on nihilego I can generally deal with flying types fairly easily

I also definitely agree with the pex change. Normally I'd wanna take EQ better but since I have gliscor to switch in on anyone that might wanna hit pex with a ground move i guess its not as important.

Thank you for the suggestions!!

Mhm, and I get what you mean with Alolan Ninetales, but it was just an option. Also, Trick is an option to cripple stuff like Blissey and Quagsire. Taunt also does the same, notably shutting down Chansey due to it's immunity to Seismic Toss. Sure it forces a switch on your side too (being locked into Taunt), but your opponent (naturally) will switch into a Blace check if they don't know it's scarfed, and you switch into their check. Will-O-Wisp is a niche option to cripple Gyarados and Tyranitar on the switch, since you would be switching out of them either way. HP Grass deals with Mega Swampert and Quagsire, HP Ground nets the 2HKO on Heatran, but these are rather niche options.

Trick and Psyshock are most likely the best options though.

UnLeSS yOu WeRe ConSidEriNG HP FiRe

Anyways, good luck on the team!

I agree theres not much besides keldeo that psyshock hits better than fire blast on blacephalon I just also dont see much else in his move pool that would be worth running on a scarf set
I mean, Toxapex is the most prominent poison type in the tier. You do 44.7 - 53.2% to it with Psyshock as opposed to 27.6 - 32.5% from Shadow Ball and even less from resisted Fire Blast. Kommo-o also sometimes shows up in OU and that's pretty tough for certain teams to deal with. Psyshock usually hits that harder than HP Ice so it would be easier to revenge kill around mid health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)