Tournament UUWC I - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Canada vs Europe
SS: Amukamara vs CBU - Alolan muk has looked better recently but still not up to CBU's high bar. I also kind of have to bold CBU in predicts bc if I don't he will go Last Dance mode and hold it against me for a while and I doubt mukboy cares anyways.
ORAS: Kink vs Santu - This is a weird ass mu, I predict whoever uses Pak teams will probably win. Kink will w/o question bring Sylveon which I always hear is unviable in ORAS and will therefore lose. Kink however I have a strong bias towards vs Santu who beat me in RU open with ancient power boosts so I will bold Kink regardless.
BW: EviGaro vs BKC - "EviGaro has more experience with this tier" is something I feel like I should be able to comfortably say but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I was to head over to BKC's youtube channel to see some 17 hour long BW UU laddering sesh from 29 years ago. Evi playing this tier in every recent UUPL will make it so I bold her name tho but definitely not a one sided mu by any means.

US South vs France
SS: TDK vs Corazan - Definitely trusting our tier leader > cora in SS UU even tho he's a pos tier leader. Fun fact: If you're ever laddering UU and you're semi high on the ladder and you come across some guy using some fat shit with a one word alt, it's probably bumass TDK.
SS: Indigo Plateau vs Ramolost -HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA mouse in the house
ADV: Christo vs Alkione - As an avid alkione stan I must say Christo will probably 6-0 unless Alkione unleashes exodia reminiscent of Alkione vs. EviGaro in 2019, which is a possibility, but bolding Christo assuming that doesn't happen.

unrelated to this predict post and unrelated to the entire situation and what "should've been done" or what was "right", I hope people don't deal with things like Kyle has dealt with this situation. It's cringe and childish, be more self aware and understanding of other people, that is all :shedinja:

Last edited:
Canada vs Europe
SS: Amukamara vs CBU - Alolan muk has looked better recently but still not up to CBU's high bar. I also kind of have to bold CBU in predicts bc if I don't he will go Last Dance mode and hold it against me for a while and I doubt mukboy cares anyways.
ORAS: Kink vs Santu - This is a weird ass mu, I predict whoever uses Pak teams will probably win. Kink will w/o question bring Sylveon which I always hear is unviable in ORAS and will therefore lose. Kink however I have a strong bias towards vs Santu who beat me in RU open with ancient power boosts so I will bold Kink regardless.
BW: EviGaro vs BKC - "EviGaro has more experience with this tier" is something I feel like I should be able to comfortably say but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I was to head over to BKC's youtube channel to see some 17 hour long BW UU laddering sesh from 29 years ago. Evi playing this tier in every recent UUPL will make it so I bold her name tho but definitely not a one sided mu by any means.

US South vs France
SS: TDK vs Corazan - Definitely trusting our tier leader > cora in SS UU even tho he's a pos tier leader. Fun fact: If you're ever laddering UU and you're semi high on the ladder and you come across some guy using some fat shit with a one word alt, it's probably bumass TDK.
SS: Indigo Plateau vs Ramolost -HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA mouse in the house
ADV: Christo vs Alkione - As an avid alkione stan I must say Christo will probably 6-0 unless Alkione unleashes exodia reminiscent of Alkione vs. EviGaro in 2019, which is a possibility, but bolding Christo assuming that doesn't happen.

unrelated to this predict post and unrelated to the entire situation and what "should've been done" or what was "right", I hope people don't deal with things like Kyle has dealt with this situation. It's cringe and childish, be more self aware and understanding of other people, that is all :shedinja:
Exodia is coming.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Due to Canada's dead game counting as a loss after talking with a tournament director, they will have to tiebreak with Europe, France, and South for 3rd and 4th place. Canada received the higher seed over south from winning a coinflip due to being tied for points and differential. As such, the winner of the tiebreak between Canada and Europe will face LA, while the winner of US South and France will face US Northeast. I apologize for the inconvenience that this whole thing has caused. With that said, here are your tiebreaker matchups:

Canada vs Europe
SS: Amukamara vs CBU
ORAS: Kink vs Santu
BW: EviGaro vs BKC

US South vs France
SS: TDK vs Corazan
SS: Indigo Plateau vs Ramolost
ADV: Christo vs Alkione

The deadline will be Friday, August 21st at 11:59 P.M. GMT -4. Good luck to everyone playing!
Hi, this is not enough time. Given mine and Santu's conflicting time-zones, our game needs to be played on the Weekend. Santu and I are EST / +2 GMT respectively, and I am only available in the evening during the week, and it took two days to get a reply from him so I'm telling you right now it looks like this game won't get done if the Friday deadline remains. Please grant us an extension, or just make it easier by extending the round to Sunday night. Thank you.

Lily

is this what you wanted?
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Hi, this is not enough time. Given mine and Santu's conflicting time-zones, our game needs to be played on the Weekend. Santu and I are EST / +2 GMT respectively, and I am only available in the evening during the week, and it took two days to get a reply from him so I'm telling you right now it looks like this game won't get done if the Friday deadline remains. Please grant us an extension, or just make it easier by extending the round to Sunday night. Thank you.
Not really standard procedure, but granting this just so that there’s no dead games or double subs in this tiebreaker, but not until Sunday night bc managers need time for lineups and such. Please get the game done by Saturday, 11:59 PM EST. Tagging Amukamara Moutemoute CBU Indigo Plateau so that you can inform your players.

also I'm helping juno and tpp with hosting this now if that wasn't clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)