UUPL V - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

banner by HotFuzzBall
Seminfinals

Mikan Island Monsters (6) vs Route 30 Youngsters (3)

SM UU: TDK vs meeps
SM UU: Pearl vs soulgazer
SM UU: Poek vs Lcans
SM UU: rozes vs dodmen
ORAS UU: YABO vs Lax
ORAS UU: Tony vs HSA
BW UU: bugzinator vs aim
BW UU: Finchinator vs choolio
DPP UU: Malekith vs Kushalos
ADV UU: Floppy vs Ice Tea

Safari Zone Smashers (4) vs Blackthorn City Battlegirls (6)

SM UU: Eyan vs Sacri'
SM UU: Shiba vs King UU
SM UU: HT vs Aquadext
SM UU: Snowy vs Slurmz
ORAS UU: Pak vs Rodriblutar
ORAS UU: Meru vs Teddeh
BW UU: PDC vs r0ady
BW UU: Accelgor vs Advantage
DPP UU: col49 vs Eo Ut Mortus
ADV UU: Tricking vs Colchonero

Deadline May 28th, 11:59 PM GMT -4.
Records and Standings

Last edited by a moderator:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
man soulgazer is so good, absolute destruction. pearl wont be able to show his face for a while after this total annihilation.

SM UU: Eyan vs Sacri'
SM UU: Shiba vs King UU
SM UU: Snowy vs Slurmz
ORAS UU: Pak vs Rodriblutar
ORAS UU: Meru vs Teddeh
BW UU: Accelgor vs Advantage
DPP UU: col49 vs Eo Ut Mortus
ADV UU: Tricking vs Colchonero

go youngsters!

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Safari Zone Smashers vs Blackthorne City Battlegirls

SM UU: Eyan vs Sacri' - Feel like Sacri is bound to lose a game this tournament, but, at the same time, I don't think this will be the game
SM UU: Shiba vs King UU - This game will find a way to be really close for some cringeworthy reason, but Shiba will have a water resist and that should be enough
SM UU: Snowy vs Slurmz - this game will be one of those games that makes you wonder if you're truly watching Pokemon or not
ORAS UU: Pak vs Rodriblutar - better player
ORAS UU: Meru vs Teddeh - ^, but meru prolly has an edge in this tier and is still pretty close to teddeh, so could go either way ig
BW UU: Accelgor vs Advantage - why TF is tennis in this tier
DPP UU: col49 vs Eo Ut Mortus - Eo's like 5-1 and I had no clue col played this tier, so yea
ADV UU: Tricking vs Colchonero - trickGOAT

in contact w/ choolio, let's fucking go team n_n

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sitting alone at the bar, Shiba stared at the single ice cube floating in his glass of whiskey. It was an apt mirror of his own mind, a single entity doomed to be enveloped by a pool of sorrow. He reflected on how he reached this state, on how quickly he fell from his zenith. Just one week prior, he was the king of UnderUsed. His stunning record in the UnderUsed Premier League engendered great fame and allowed him to be the most revered user of the time. However, his erstwhile fortunes ceased to be due to a single humiliation. Now all he could think of was the user who caused this demise. He closes his eyes and sees nothing, the lack of Stealth Rock especially evident. He looks towards the door and notices a scarf on the coat rack, an effigy of a Crobat that only intensifies his extremely morose feeling. His ruminations of despair were broken as the door became ajar, the light from the outside cleaving through the dark of the gloomy atmosphere.

"It's time for round 2," he heard from a voice beyond the door.

my eyes are glazed rn but ppl wanted me to do predicts and i have nothing else to do tonight (well i guess i could study for my final but im good wit that) so might as well. not bolding cus f u read for urselves

SM UU: TDK vs meeps - tdk has been a building machine this tour, or so i hear, and unless u live under a rock u know that he has the experience to back it up. meeps is somewhat of an enigma, seems like the kind of guy who would wear a male romper. his builds are a bit less varied but my gut is telling me he'll bring something wonky and throw tdk under the bus. on the other hand tdk is the kind of player that can come back from that sort of shit

SM UU: Pearl vs soulgazer - idk man. what is there to say on this one? either pearl stomps soulgazer in a gruesome fashion or sg makes some mind boggling play and wins all the while mashing smogtours buzzwords at record speed

SM UU: Poek vs Lcans - i dunno if poek has been building his stuff, but either way if theres a player on smogon tht can ask for a team for a tier he doesn't know all that well and win anyway, its him. im expecting for whatever lcans brings to play more of a factor than anything in this game, i think hes out for blood after his loss to sacri

SM UU: rozes vs dodmen - rozes isnt really one to be underestimated in any tier either, always works with the team he rolls with and brings the wins, and given from what ive seen of him in general tour games he's not afraid to go out of his comfort zone and use something wild. on the other hand dodmen is pretty much the most consistent player the tier's seen for the past 2 or 3 years, can't really get any simpler than that

ORAS UU: YABO vs Lax - yabo is probably one of the most annoying players to prepare for, since he's known to run some pretty stupid shit and win with it. when ur facing a player who runs his kind of schtick and also uses it at a high level, andddd has like 3 of the best oras builders, u have to hope u dont shit ur pants and bring some cookie cutter team - thankfully when ur on a team with ice tea that isnt really the case, and lax has been pretty solid this tour, so my brain is kind of telling me this game goes to him

ORAS UU: Tony vs HSA - thinking tony takes this one because despite the fact that he didnt want to start for reasons unknown, he tore confides asshole in what was probably one of the most dominant games ive ever seen in my entire life. if i have ever seen a game and thought "please give him a chance" it would be that one because my god. hsa is a good player but its kind of hard to predict him to win here

BW UU: bugzinator vs aim - idk what to say about this one. joey has had probably the worst string of luck ive seen in my entire life and i kind of feel like that wont stop here which is unfort because he's not the kind of player to be tilted by that. i think both players will bring something interesting though so looking foward to it anyway

BW UU: Finchinator vs choolio - finch has brought some interesting stuff this tournament but his teams usually have the same kind of framework, and choolio is exactly the kind of player who can take advantage of that. it really comes down to whether he puts his head in the game, and if he does i think he'll win handily even if finch is pretty consistent

DPP UU: Malekith vs Kushalos - kith is hard to beat imo, as evidenced by his game against meru (i think, idr who it was), he can run some off-kilter shit that will just fucking annihilate anyone who isnt prepared for it. kush on the other hand is hard to explain. he'll run some really cheesy shit sometimes (hp rock scarf venu lead fuck off) but if he doesn't bring something innovative that works and hasn't been really used before, which is hard to do inha a meta like dpp despite the fact that a good portion of teams are boring fwg cores coupled with a fast ghost and registeel, he's in for some fuckery that will put him in the dumpster. then again its kush so he'll probably bring something interesting and im probably understimating him....

ADV UU: Floppy vs Ice Tea - probably my favorite match of the entire semis. to me floppy is like too $hort while ice tea is like father, old ass dude who still manages to somehow be good and....well uh.....if you've seen father you know what i mean. likable good old leon is looking for revenge after his week 1 game with the old man and is probably the most motivated out of anyone here. however he is really prone to being weak to the same stuff each week and gorgie is really good at bringing some funky shit that will throw ict off guard. it depends on who brings the better team, or who brings baton pass. fuck baton pass

SM UU: Eyan vs Sacri' - even if sacri beat eyan in their first bout, sacri himself said that his game was pretty stressful. its hard to predict against him but i honestly think eyan is the better teambuilder and will pick up on frenchmans building trends (and if he doesn't, one of his teammates will because nearly all of them play sm). guess it depends on who plays better and sacri is 7-0 soooo

SM UU: Shiba vs King UU - if there is one player that has surprised me this tournament, its shiba. despite the fact that he's one of the few people on smogon who have managed to consistently make me mad due to his shit music taste, his crusty memes, and his tendency to whine like a fuckin child in the most unbearable manner whenever a vote doesn't go how he wants it, he is undeniably on a fucking roll. i mean the guy won with darmanitan in 2017. who the hell does that? seriously. on the other hand yesterday king uu revealed his darker side and showed an attitude that made him look like atrocitus in one of the uu discord chats due to the whole subbing situation and then won anyway with twave togekiss headassery. his builds are arguably less varied than shibas so im predicting the latter to take it. col49 teach this guy how to have some music taste though

SM UU: HT vs Aquadext - not too much to say here. ht doesn't know sm as well as famous dext but the latter has been slacking lately both in the building and playing department as of late so idk

SM UU: Snowy vs Slurmz - snowys game with cynde gave me a tumor the size of a golf ball but slurmz has been getting pretty lucky in his sm performances. i think the latter is better in this tier though

ORAS UU: Pak vs Rodriblutar - ever since his gs and majors run rodriblutar has slowly been surely bringing teams that are more aesthetically pleasing and less, well, boring as fuck. they're still pretty standard balance builds mind you but at least he's taking a slight turn. pak is a pretty tough opponent but honestly rodri is jesus h christ so as much as i like a good ab soul fan this isnt his game to take

ORAS UU: Meru vs Teddeh - despite results in recent times i think meru is better at oras, both in the building and playing department, even if teddeh has had a look-see first hand at his building process in spl of him suggesting some florges balance and me telling him "youre going to lose badly with that". even so ted will just bring some boring ass balance that will confirm meru's suspicions of him being a taurus

BW UU: PDC vs r0ady - over the past few months, pdc has done pretty well for himself despite having a process of "hm... i can either use the mcmeghan team or the bad ass team...oh, or maybe the august team" each game. maybe if 49 or accel builds a team for him that wasnt built while he was still in middle school he has a good shot of winning because r0ady has been overperforming lately

BW UU: Accelgor vs Advantage - despite the fact that he pulled off some fuckery week 1, you have to kind of feel bad for tennis. ok well maybe not but he's had a rough life these past few weeks so it kind of sucks for him, even if he's in the ranks of rumor and double01 of "players who you can make fun of and feel perfectly satisfied". anyway im expecting accel to win this one because he's brought better teams imo

DPP UU: col49 vs Eo Ut Mortus - 49 has surprisingly been motivated this tournament, a break from the mold of his tendencies for the past like year. he is, at least to me, one of the best cross-generational builders (i guess you can say it like that) for uu as ive come to learn. but eo is probably the strongest dpper out of anyone in this tournament and as a player he's just better so unless 49 gets the matchup right idk if he can really take this one

ADV UU: Tricking vs Colchonero - despite his record, sometimes tricking will bring some really retarded team or make some really dumb play, even though he is a good player in general. on the other hand colcho is a creative player and also follows the tradition of "never bring kanga". my heart says colcho and well my brain says colcho too so yeah.

e: sigh apparently ppl don wanna read without bold so whatever here u go

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)