UUPL Team/Set Compendium

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by King UU & Hogg
Idea/OP/Format stolen/heavily borrowed from kokoloko

UnderUsed Premier League Team/Set Compendium

Now that UUPL is over, I want to invite everyone who participated to share any interesting sets and teams they used and discuss how they prepared for and/or played specific matches, sort of like what kokoloko did with his SPL 7 Teambuilding Compendium. I think this will help the community gain some more insight into how to prepare for tournament play instead of ladder play, especially with UU Open coming up. That said, I understand completely if people don't want to share their secrets right before UU Open, so I can't blame anyone who doesn't contribute.

Explain what any unusual sets do, how they work, give some context if you want, etc. Anyway, have at it!

100th post hype.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Week 4: Amaroq vs. Teddeh

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 176 HP / 140 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Memento

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

This was my first UUPL game and Teddeh didn't really have a lot of UU replays available, so I just brought something I was comfortable playing. This was fairly standard offense that utilized a lot of my comfort Pokemon and didn't really have anything particularly tricky. My plan was to simply bring something standard and outplay someone who, to the best of my knowledge, wasn't super familiar with the tier and therefore wouldn't be susceptible to any attempts to get too clever with my builds. My goal was just to break through bulkier teams with Infernape and Escavalier and then clean up with Salamence or Aerodactyl, while maintaining a solid matchup against offense if he brought it. Swampert and Whimsicott were there to check stuff. I intended Whimsicott to pivot into stuff and then provide a setup opportunity for Salamence with Memento. The only thing really out of the ordinary on this team is the Whimsicott spread. I didn't expect Teddeh to bring anything that Whimsicott could outspeed that was faster than Cobalion, so I just ran enough Speed investment for that and threw the rest in bulk/Special Atttack. I was expecting some kind of standard fat balance and that was what I got, but I was really nervous and got outplayed pretty handily. I think I had the tools to win that matchup if I used them correctly, but my opponent's execution was superior to mine. At least I was able to use it as a learning experience.

Week 4: Shiba vs. teal6

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 136 HP / 156 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Roost

I built this for Shiba for his manager match in Week 4, since he mentioned that he wasn't going to have a lot of time to prepare. This was the first match I really tried scouting for. I looked at all of teal6's SPL builds and replays and decided that since he really liked stuff like Mega Sceptile, Alakazam, Swampert, Krookodile, and Empoleon, I would just build from a core of Escavalier/Mamoswine to break stuff and then added Mega Aerodactyl since he tended to run Mega Evolutions that Aerodactyl can check and his usual Aerodactyl answers lacked reliable recovery and could be worn down fairly easily. Whimsicott also matched up well against a lot of the Pokemon he preferred (Swampert, Mega Sceptile, Krookodile, Cobalion to some extent, etc.) and gave insurance against offense in general, which was pretty clearly teal's favorite playstyle. Bulky Toxicroak was intended to give Shiba a better answer to Empoleon and bulky Water-types in general and some way of dealing with Toxic Spikes on the off chance that teal brought them since I didn't give Shiba any hazard control. Finally, I added Swampert because I needed a bulky Water-type that could also set Stealth Rock. I ran max Speed on Whimsicott this time because I felt that teal was more likely than Teddeh to pull out something like Azelf that I would need max Speed to beat. I ran 216 Speed on Toxicroak to beat Adamant Mamoswine, since iirc teal said somewhere that he preferred Adamant on Mamoswine. The remaining EVs provide a good mixture of bulk and power. Freeze-Dry Mamoswine was my last surprise, since it provided the ability to guarantee a 2HKO on Swampert and give Mega Aerodactyl the chance to clean. I also considered Superpower to beat Empoleon instead, since Adamant Mamoswine 2HKOs Swampert with Earthquake anyway after a little bit of chip damage. I was pretty proud of this team... and then teal6 brought stall and Shiba basically lost at team preview. I knew the team had trouble with stall going in, but I didn't expect teal to bring it since I didn't recall him ever playing it in a tournament match before (iirc after the match he said it was the first time he'd used stall in a tournament game). At least it taught me an important lesson. Sorry, Shiba.

Week 7: Amaroq vs. Oglemi

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Counter

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Sleep Powder

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Houndoom @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

I got subbed in this week because Mazz was dealing with some irl stuff and we didn't have anyone else who knew anything about DPP. I'd been testing and practicing with Mazz earlier in the season, so I got volunteered. I looked at all the sample teams Oglemi posted for DPP UU, as well as his teams from earlier in the season, to try to get an idea of how he liked to build and play and saw that he mostly preferred offense, so I built with that in mind. I actually started with Dragon Dance Altaria because I figured that if I got rid of Registeel or Aggron it could do some work with unresisted Outrages, but then I realized that Altaria isn't that good in DPP UU in general and didn't seem to have a particularly good matchup vs. Oglemi's usual teams either, so I eventually replaced it with Choice Scarf Primeape so that I had a revenge killer and cleaner. Passho Berry Houndoom and Swords Dance Venusaur were intended to get rid of bulky Water-types and Registeel for Altaria, which worked just fine with Primeape as the primary win condition instead. Milotic was just the general-purpose bulky Water-type that pretty much every team in DPP UU needs, and, as such, its moveset is standard (funny story: in the match, I had Hidden Power [Dark] because I forgot to manually select an IV combination for Hidden Power [Grass]). I decided to use Mismagius as my lead because Oglemi liked to use Qwilfish and Omastar as suicide leads to set up hazards, so I wanted something that could reliably prevent that and I needed a Fighting and Ground resist. The EV spread lets Mismagius survive a Waterfall from Qwilfish and at worst bring it down to its Focus Sash and provides an extra point of Leftovers recovery. Registeel is probably the most interesting part of this team. I wanted Stealth Rock and a Normal check in one slot, since Oglemi liked using Swellow and I was afraid of him bringing Swellow + Ursaring Normal spam, so I went with a rather weird Registeel set. The Defense investment + Counter let it more reliably deal with +2 Guts Ursaring and also survive a +2 Adamant Rain-boosted Kabutops Waterfall in case he didn't run Low Kick over Aqua Jet and KO back. Thunder Wave also gave me more counterplay to fast stuff like Alakazam since I could paralyze something my team didn't want to deal with and then either switch around it or revenge kill it. Oglemi brought a bulkier team than I expected, but the team still worked more or less how it was supposed to, and a lucky Focus Blast miss and full paralysis made the endgame a lot easier than it could've been.

Semifinals: Amaroq vs. Bluewind

Dynamic Queue (Mesprit) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Toxic

Sandbox Mode (Dugtrio) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Night Slash

Feed and AFK (Venusaur) @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 176 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Replays When?? (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 152 Def / 248 SpA / 64 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

East Coast Servers (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Toxicity (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch

This was definitely the biggest counterstyle I built in UUPL. Mazz and I both prepped heavily for Bluewind and he's someone who I really respect as a player, so I tried to give myself as much of an advantage as possible in the preparation phase. We noticed that he tended to be more weak to Toxicroak than anything else, so that was the starting point both weeks we played against the Burglars. My team was up 3-0 at the time, so I had a feeling that he was going to bring out his hail stall team to try to get some momentum back. I built with that in mind and tried to cover my bases against the other teams he tended to use. The original thought was pretty simple: use Dugtrio to remove Toxicroak counters and sweep. He tended to rely pretty heavily on Specially Defensive Arcanine, so I wanted to get that out of the way for the rest of the team and break down his defensive synergy that way. Rain Dance Lanturn was supposed to serve primarily as a way to get rid of hail, but also matched up decently against his other teams because he liked to use Donphan + Registeel + Arcanine as part of his defensive backbone, and Rain Dance Lanturn can get rid of Arcanine and Donphan as well as wear down Registeel and 3HKO it if it tries to set up, so it's not quite as much of a hard hail counterstyle as it looks. Mesprit gave me a Stealth Rock lead and a Fighting and Ground resist. I ran Toxic on it to chip away at common Mesprit switch-ins and break down his defensive cores since pretty much everything he used didn't want to be badly Poisoned and I figured I could lure them in and weaken them. I ran Venusaur because it's one of the best Pokemon in the tier and also matched up well against Bluewind's hail stall and balance teams. The EV spread is a little strange, but I noticed that pretty much everything he ran was either slower than defensive Arcanine (the benchmark that spread hits) or fast enough that it would outspeed Venusaur regardless, so I just gave it enough HP to survive a +2 Leafeon Double-Edge (Bluewind tends to run Leftovers over Life Orb on Leafeon) and dumped the rest into Special Attack. I added Rotom at the end as a fast check to offense in the event that he brought it. If I didn't need Rotom's speed, I could just Trick a Choice Scarf onto something fat and enjoy my newfound Leftovers recovery. Bluewind ended up bringing the team I predicted/hoped for, so that worked out really well. I got a lucky sleep roll that made the game easier, but I had so many ways to win that matchup that I had to really mess up in order to lose.

Finals: Amaroq vs. Isa

Not including the importable this time because it's not my team. There weren't really a lot of DPP UU replays available for Isa so there wasn't anything for me to counterstyle. I ended up going with stall for three reasons: first, I wanted to have a response to everything Isa could bring; second, I figured that if he took me seriously enough to bother looking through my replays, he'd see that I don't play stall at all and therefore wouldn't expect it; and third, I wasn't confident in my ability to outplay Isa in a "neutral" matchup and wanted to give myself the strongest possible position from the preparation stage as I could. I ended up succeeding at giving myself a strong matchup and am happy that I was able to pull out a win with a style I'd literally never used before in a tier I had minimal experience in, but I think my inexperience with the playstyle really showed. Isa outplayed me quite a bit that game, but I had an advantageous matchup and was able to win by making the most conservative available play until Isa eventually ran out of options instead of trying to predict his actions or force him to react to my plays. I did misplay several times, and this game revealed that I still have a lot to work on.

Keep in mind that these aren't really teams to ladder with or bring in room tours and were built for a specific opponent in an attempt to take advantage of that player's tendencies. Expecting consistent performance against a variety of opponents
is probably unreasonable.

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright I guess I'll post some stuff.
The only cool things I really have to post here were the things I used in the last couple of weeks when I just felt much more comfortable than the previous weeks for whatever reason.
Metagross @ Expert Belt
EVs: 220 Atk / 108 SpA / 180 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Encore

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Poison Jab

This team was based around Mixed Metagross into Hone Claws Aerodactly because it tends to punch through the normal counters like Doublade, Swampert, Forretress, etc. EVs hit a jump point in Attack, outspeed max speed Swampert pre mega, and rest get dumped into Special Attack to do things like kill Swampert after an earthquake. Vs R0ady it did exactly that and killed his Swampert, chunked his Haxorus, and in general was awesome. HC Aero cleans late game after these things are gone. I then chucked on Yache Whimsicott and Defensive Swampert because they're a great core to throw on any team. Reuniclus is another fantastic cleaner for the team and had a great matchup vs a lot of the teams r0ady had brought in the previous weeks. Haxorus was the last dude i threw on there and I mostly just didn't know exactly what to the put there but I wanted something that could provide immediate power and presence throughout a game. I tried out Salamence in tests but Mamoswine is a huge pain for the team so I decided on Haxorus to be a sort of midground. I went with Superpower because I figured it would be a good lure for Shuca Cobalion/Empoleon. However, in this one instance, r0ady brought Chople Empoleon so had he chosen to stay in versus this, it would've blown up in my face. Anyways, this team is really just designed to kill shit which is how I normally like to play.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Mach Punch

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Encore

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

This team was based around Houndoom and trying to support its eventual sweep. Banded Conk is an easy partner to punish Blissey, chunk out Florges/Sylv, and appreciates psychics being taken care of. Extra priority from Sucker Punch is nice and I didn't expect Taunt to be too useful vs Dr. I threw on a core I use all the time of Crobat, WHimsicott, and Swampert as it's generally very solid vs most balanced teams and is workable vs pretty much whatever you run into. I decided on Stun Spore by flipping a coin with Manipulative and it bit me in the ass like I was worried about in my team chat. Yache was thrown on to hopefully pad my matchup vs Mamoswine who is very scary vs this squad. I rounded it out with Specs Empoleon which is underrated in my opinion. Max Speed gives you a decent enough speed tier and an immediately powerful water attack coming from Empoleon can land a lot of unexpected KOs. I'm still posting this team despite losing because I still enjoy using it and you can win pretty much every matchup with this team. Only things you really have to watch for are Sceptile and Aerodactyl.

I didn't play much but i can still show some of the wonders of dpp.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4uu-159362
Pretty typical dpp balance/bo build tbh, since there was no pressure on me to actually win I just brought something that i was comfortable with that could adapt to multiple situations. I made it a point to use spdef arcanine after i saw what happened to heysup the week before just as a extra security measure (the next day mazz revealed to me that he decided not to bring it very last minute as well). Specs mismag was really the only "surprise" on this team, and i led with it to bluff a typical taunt + wisp set vs some leads that would seek to outplay such a set. Having the option to trick the specs away came in handy (as i thought about HP ground/fire) since it was highly likely that he had a rhyperior in the back as is typical of most spikes stack builds. Energy Ball came in handy as it was pretty much my only good ground resist, meaning i could actually punish the likes of donphan/rhyp. I had Kabutops and sceptile finish out your typical fwg dpp uu core since they both tend to be good at overwhelming offensive builds from the get-go, which sceptile easily did once i saw more of his team. Got sceptile in a great positon to straight win but unfortunate leaf storm miss made the game waaaaay closer than it should've been. Registeel was slapped on at the end because its broken to be a solid wincon once arcanine stalls out and weakens the opposing blaziken/moltres/arcanine. The 32-40 defense i usually run turned out to win me the game as i tanked a low kick from cb kang when sceptile died. Head smash on donphan is just a better filler over toxic imo, as it can actually ko rotoms and mismags that would usually only take a toxic from switching (and could potentially sub on donphan). Head smash is better than assurance as well, as edgequake coverage answers are pretty sparse in dpp, as you can tell from this p standard team being hella rhyp weak.

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4uu-165197
A pretty plain and obvious counterstyle to what i thought kushalos would bring. Obviously i couldn't really bring a full on counterteam since it was a bo1 and i wanted it to be consistent as well. I got the moltres lead right and HP rocked his world turn 1, leaving him without a good registeel check. When i revealed regi, that eventually led to him realizing the importance of his choiced rotom and made a crucial rapid spin 50/50 a little more of a 70/30 imo. For some reason this week i thought bringing a balance/semistall team was a good idea for counterstyling, which i usually only build offense to accomplish since i think that it usually has a better shot at exploiting defensive holes in your opponents builds. I used registeel again as i thought it would be a good answer to bulky wincons he liked such as clef. I weighed registeel as an option (why you see roar on blastoise ofc) and literally had earthquake on my own registeel till about 10 mins before the game and decided to change it at the last minute for consistency's sake (trust me, by now i've figured out not trusting my gut only brings forth maximum Ls, there's countless times i could've won by not changing team decisions last minute). SD croak was a nice breaker to use with houndoom pursuiting ghosts and overall need for a milotic/bulky water answer and also doubled as a tspike absorber that kept me from instantly losing and instead dragged it out for 50 extra turns.
Houndoom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Pursuit
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 176 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Blastoise @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Roar

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Earthquake

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock

o shit waddup (Toxicroak) @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch

Here's a team that never got to see the light of tour play day that i wanted hodor to use vs oglemi week 1. I generally thought (by looking at the dpp sample teams lol, all oglemi teams) that oglemi would have very limited normal resists, which he ended up with the only normal resist was CB aggron, that despises spikes. For this matchup, I had cb tauros interchangeable with swellow, but the team really, really struggles with sceptile so swellow seemed like the better option later on. I have an hp grass cloyster lead to limit lead omastar, which he very commonly uses, to 1 hazard. I used this help out the team overall since it is without hazard control and does have something of a defensive backbone. Sub charge beam rotom was another potential wincon i saw being effective, especially since it seemed like he might rely on hitmontop if he was running balance. Youre seeing curse registeel for the third time simply because clef was pretty damn annoying to this team and i could expect such so i thought it pretty mandatory to have a good check for it. The team without regi is trampled by pretty much any venusaur set as well. I have toxic on milotic simply because i thought the extra chip damage would add up quickly but haze is a perfectly viable option as well if you're feeling insecure vs opposing registeel. Rhyperior is just rhyperior, commonplace stealth rock user on spikes builds.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
I didn't really play DPP UU at all before my team needed me to, so it was cool that i got to learn the tier and end with the best DPP UU record in this tour. Here are some cool ideas i had mostly for DPP but also an influential one for BW :).

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Charge Beam
- Roost

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Tail
- Slack Off

Roserade @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 232 HP / 216 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Rest
- Close Combat

Team I used vs Shake in week 2. I got the idea to run Charge Beam on Zapdos as a win condition on stall that could check the most threatening stallbreakers at the same time(Heracross and Togekiss, also makes Sableye less of a headache) so me and choolio built around that. Unfortunately this team didn't work out as we hoped to as it turned out the team was fairly weak to subCM mons. Nevertheless, this idea was very important as it inspired the solid builds Choolio was going to make with this set in the upcoming weeks(he seriously built a lot with it lmao).

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Venusaur @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Aggron @ Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Magnet Rise
- Toxic

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 216 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 56 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Spe
- Surf
- Haze
- Hidden Power [Psychic] / Toxic
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Without a doubt the most fun and effective team I've built this UUPL, infamous for the use of Choice Scarf HP Rock Venusaur which has served me very well this tournament nabbing me wins in two consecutive weeks vs Mazz and atomicllamas. However, that set was not all there is to this team. As a lead im using Modest Choice Specs with Overheat, which is an absolute powerhouse capable of destroying leads or "switchins" brought in by Scyther or Mesprit. Then there is Magnet Rise Toxic Aggron, which is a cool set for luring namely Donphan, Hitmontop and Rhyperior. Adamant Hard Stone is nice for faking being choiced since CB Jolly Aggron is the standard and they have similar damage output.

PERFUMETHEROOM (Uxie) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

2ND MASCOT (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 248 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Rain Dance

SHAOLIN SLUM (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

OVERUSED MEME (Dugtrio) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Beat Up

DAT CROAK (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave

STALEMATE (Registeel) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Team I used in week 5 against Oglemi where we got the rain vs rain matchup. This team features some cool sets like HP Psychic Ludicolo for Toxicroak(though Ice Beam is a lot better on this team i just wanted to style) to get it out of the way for a Kabutops sweep. It also has a CB Dugtrio that has two weird filler moves, namely Beat Up and Toxic. Beat Up is used to reliably trap Chansey because for some reason it always dies to Beat Up(DPP mechanics are weird), while Toxic is there to catch a Donphan or a Milotic. This helps Registeel a lot as Donphan can crit it through Curses while Milotic can stall Registeel out by using Haze, so this puts a nice timer on them. Unfortunately Dug didnt do anything in this game except doing 10% to Ludicolo with Beat Up and then getting foddered and Ludicolo wasnt even revealed :P.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Don't feel like posting whole teams, but here are some random sets I used and liked a lot. Not all of these ended up making their way onto teams I used, but most of them got used by someone.

*** ORAS

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

I built a fun team around this that I ended up not using, although I passed it to teal and I think Starmaster ended up using this vs Sacri.

Venomoth @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Sash Veno is a lot of fun. I use this alongside NP Celebi to lure and bop a lot of its counters, in particular Crobat/Aero/ScarfShao. I passed this team to Omfuga and he used it vs dod where it did a lot of work. Also can work as a cute lead to sleep stuff early game.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Leech Seed

I find in practice that Celebi struggles more with strong Special walls like Cresselia, Bronzong and Blissey than it does with things like Hydreigon or Metagross or whatever the hell you're using Earth Power for. Leech Seed helps you break down all three, in some cases letting you consistently win one-on-one. It also lets you help break down Steel types early game in general, especially since most of them lack recovery (even Lefties).

*** BW

Didn't actually play that much BW, but here are a couple of neat things I used.

Mew @ Normal Gem
Ability: Synchronize
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Tailwind

Cool lead I used for an offensive TW team. Mostly Mew is outclassed as a lead by Azelf, but Tailwind sets it apart, and Normal Gem Boom hurts.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Rain Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Outrage

Usually I prefer Specs to LO, but self-setting RD Kingdra is always a threat. Anyhow the clutch move here is Outrage, which can surprise stuff that thinks it can set up on you after a Draco.

*** DPP

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

I wanted a decent Fighting resist that also could act as a secondary check to Milotic, and bulky Toxicroak just fit the bill perfectly. I hadn't seen bulky croak used in DPP, but it has kind of a near perfect typing for it, and can break down a lot of fat cores. I used this twice and won both times with it, and ifm also used the team twice and it did a ton of work for him as well (although Pearl's Skill Swap Slowking managed to beat it the first time he used it).

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Lovely Kiss

I will never ever ever understand why Jynx is NU. It's so good. I mostly used it as a lead this UUPL, but I built an offensive hail team around this beast that never ended up getting used. With Hail support, this thing is pretty much unstoppable - +2 Blizzard hits so hard, and it's really easy to set up. You have to build around punishing Registeel and Milotic (which frankly you should do anyhow), but if you do, holy crap this thing is scary.

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Mostly I prefer Rotom to Mismag when running choiced sets thanks to a cooler typing and STAB on bolt, but this is a fun one that I've been messing around with. Nothing too crazy, but after you trick away your Specs, you can CM up on bulkier teams so that you remain a threat to fat mons like Milo. I didn't end up using the team I built with this, but it made it into one of the teams ifm used.

*** ADV

Scyther @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Baton Pass

I posted about this in my RMT, but this set has managed to put in a crapload of work every single time I've used it. Offense SD Scyther is always beastly even if most people don't bother with it in favor of CB or Reversal, and with the threat of BPing away boosts, this thing is a nightmare for more passive teams to face.

Omastar @ Mystic Water
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Spikes

Another one from my RMT. I usually run Lum on RD Oma, but I was messing around with items and decided to try out Mystic Water. Doesn't seem like it would make much of a difference, but you're talking about doing ridiculous things like 90% to Hypno or 50% to Tentacruel (who usually walls the hell out of any Oma set). Actually turns out CrashinBoomBang was using this too, so I'm sure he can attest how scary this is.

Shiftry @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

Vileplume is usually the SunnyBeamer of choice thanks to its slightly higher Special Attack, but I've been really liking Shiftry thanks to Boom and its ability to set up in the face of the omnipresent Hypno. You can run HP Dark if you want to hit Hypno hard outside of sun, but Solar Beam hits almost as hard and not being walled by Grass types is nice.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Rapid Spin / Hidden Power [Electric]

I mentioned this last year, too. Specially offensive Tenta is my favorite Tentacruel atm. Great coverage, outspeeds 90% of the tier, and walls a bunch of key threats like Omastar and Sharpedo. I use this thing all the time, and it is always amazing. More people should use this set IMO.

Grumpig @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Ice Punch

I didn't end up playing with this, but I think it's a really cool anti-balance 'mon. It's fat, decently fast and kind of craps on a lot of fat teams with its coverage and decent Special Attack. I wanted to see this get used vs Ice Tea because he'd been running these fat teams where he relied really heavily on stuff like SDef Kanga and Altaria as his special walls, and with Spikes support this thing just ran right through them.

Last edited:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Let's drop some teams I've liked to build/use

Week 3 vs TonyFlygon: I didn't have much data on him as a builder but he seemed to like balance so Hydreigon Specs + Nidoqueen seemed like a decent core to run versus it. The team ended up working pretty well during test games and I was pretty proud of it. The game itself was really odd, neither of us played this well and the pressure made me throw a won game. The team is pretty standard, might be a little less effective now because of the new drops (np celebi is always a threat) but yh Nidoqueen + Hydrei is great and i've really liked building around it.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Week 4 vs Manipulative was a bit weird building wise, he was undeafeated at that time and he seemed to run different stuff every week so I've decided to bring some standard BO with a few unexpected sets to catch him off guard. The Celebi set is actually the one i've posted in the Underrated sets threads, I really like stealth rocks celebi and I thought it would be fun to use considering I have two other mons that would normally run rocks. The team was weak to Snorlax but considering he just won using it the week before I was pretty confident he wouldnt run it again. Overall the team is pretty solid, I really wanted to run Dragon Dance Salamence because of how threatening it is, Band Krook + Bee is ridiculously good, I wanted to run Calm Mind Ice Beam cune because he seemed to like frail grass types to deal with it. The team ended up working as planned, allowing me to give Manipulative his first & only loss this UUPL.

Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Suicune @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Week 5 versus Scythe was also a bit odd preparing wise, he hasnt played UU in a while so I didnt really know what to expect. Considering how well he knows me I was confident he would try to counter my usual style of team. So I decided to run something different. Absol + Reuni is just fantastic, the whole team was meant tu support this strong core of potential win conditions. The team worked as well as I expected it to, the pressure Absol + Reuni put on his team allowed me to keep the momentum and Cobalion ended up winning the game later on. Most sets are pretty standard, Signal Beam Rotom-c is pretty fun to lure Sceptile and Hydreigon that are both important threats.

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Scald

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Signal Beam
- Trick

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
upload_2016-7-9_11-56-36.png

The only mildly interesting set I used in my one game. Colbur is best Reuni since you don't have to worry about Krook mindgames or people ahrd switching Crawdaunts and Sharks into a +1 Reuniclus. Instead of Focus Blast I use Energy Ball because fuck missing (this was my Crawdaunt check...) and most Darks are weak to Grass besides Hydrei/Doom, but hitting RoarCune, Gatr, and Mega Pert for extra dmg is nice. The 64 SpA Evs guarantee a OHKO on Krook at +1.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Week 4: #LabanLeni (ORAS UU)

Bongbong Marcos (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Chiz Escudero (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Knock Off

Antonio Trillanes (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Leni Robredo (Whimsicott) (F) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Switcheroo

Alan Cayetano (Houndoom) (M) @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Gringo Honasan (Toxicroak) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

I barely know how multi-talented tournament players like Jirachee build in a tier like this, but I feel like building a new offensive team after LittleRunnerXC posted in the UU Cores Thread that brought me a lot of interest: Mega Houndoom and Toxicroak. I really love how Mega Houndoom and Toxicroak can potentially clean house with their set-up moves and deadly STABs, and the Pokemon the core struggles to break can take matters to the teammates' hands. I find it "pseudo-Hyper Offensive" because Suicune, while quite counterproductive in Offensive archetypes, serves as a blanket check to most of the physically-inclined Pokemon. Sylveon's Hyper Voice could be a threatening move to face, as this team definitely lacks a Fairy resist, but offensive checks (especially Toxicroak) can take care of that.

And yes, this team is a tribute to the Philippine Vice-Presidential Candidates.
. . . . .

Week 5: Patapon Uberheroes (BW UU)

Myamsar (Victini) @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Yumiyacha (Xatu) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Trick

Piekron (Seismitoad) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Cannassault (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jamsch (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Guardira (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam

This is actually one of my oldest trademark BW UU teams to date, and I feel this is one of the best teams I have so far (though this doesn't have a win condition). The reason why I considered using this team is because I wanted to outlast the opposition, most especially Amoonguss, who have done so much work in the team in a losing effort to PDC . This is actually the most unusual team I built in terms of structure since I usually have a win condition, this team contains three Choiced users (as there is no form of Hazard control by virtue of Rapid Spin, I used Xatu there to compensate for that shortcoming) to strike on the prey, and three Defensive Pokemon to outlast and disrupt the opposing team.

(In Pokemon Online, I used Gastrodon because of Storm Drain giving it a nice Special Attack boost; however it wasn't allowed in Smogon because it's OU.)
. . . . .
If anyone is wondering about the team I used vs. Valentine , it will be featured as an RMT article soon.

K cool I've been looked for such a thread already heh, nice that it's finally done yet.
As you may know I only played ADV UU this UUPL and the first week ORAS but I brought a standard team which isn't worth posting here I guess. Because of the lack of ADV UU teams on this forum I just wanna share all my teams that I've produced throughout this UUPL and give a short explanation on why and what I thought when building them! There are even some pretty creative teams/Pokemon I've used so I guess it kinda fits here too hehe!

So let's get right into it:

My week 2 team vs Crashinboombang based on Pinsir+Scyther core I didn't have much information about CBB adv builds prior to that so I though I just wanted to use something strong and solid so I went with that. Lefties Kanga matches up vs a lot of leads and is v hard to take down with Rest. Muk was then added to take on Scyther in combination with Lunatone. Hypno was Twave to support the rather slow Kangaskhan and Muk and just a good backbone to wish pass etc. I decided on Calm Mind Hypnosis on Lunatone to put some Pokemon to sleep so Scyther and Pinsir have a better way at cleaning. Pinsir is double edge to ko Gligar at +2 which otherwise walls Scyther! Pretty cool team, I missplayed a bit and then came back but got crit which lost me the match though
MILF (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake
- Rest

Hurensohn (Muk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stench
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Kinderficker (Hypno) @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Protect

Psychopath (Pinsir) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

⊙_ʘ (Lunatone) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Der Führer (Scyther) @ Salac Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Swords Dance
- Reversal
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Pretty cool Water spam team I've used vs Tricking. Idea is to spike up early with Omastar which supports Sharpedo and CB Kanga a lot. And then later Rain Dance to support Tenta Sharpedo and itself again. After the work is done SD Gligar is here to clean up the game. I decided on a bit bulkier spread on Omastar to take on Scyther and Kanga better. Also Rapid Spin>Sub on Cruel for reasons I forgot.

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Psychic
- Toxic

Gligar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance

Tentacruel (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 Atk / 80 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Kangaskhan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch

Sharpedo @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

I built this for Anti but I had to sub out because we both were too retarded to shedule kek, so p2 had to sub in. The game went unfortunate because we got our Electrode frozen turn 2 and got an incredibly low roll on EQ with +2 Nidoking on Kanga and he got max roll on Return back too. But to the team it's based on SD passing from Scyther into the receiver: Nidoking, Kabutops and Kangaskhan which are all terrifying with a +2 obviously. Explosion Electrode to kill annoying mons and Petaya to boost its Tbolts and HP Ices. Ice beam on Nidoking for Gligars and about the Misdreavus slot eh... I regret putting it over Banette there because it'd be way better ont hat team but alas. Cool team nonethless.

kratos (Scyther) (M) @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Baton Pass
- Aerial Ace

mana (Electrode) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Soundproof
Hasty Nature
- Endure
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

is (Kabutops) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flail
- Rock Slide
- Endure
- Swords Dance

fat (Nidoking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam

and (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

gay (Misdreavus) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

I originally brought a cool offense here vs innovamania but then he got subbed out cuz i was too intimidating :p so Spoof subbed in, which i knew, has no experience in that tier so he was just an easy stall victim >=D. I just picked Jira stall here which is one of the most solid adv stalls ever nothing much to add it other than i modified some ev spreads and moves on some Pokemon.

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Surf
- Toxic

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Wish

Altaria (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Roar
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Gligar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Toxic

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 16 Def / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Toxic

After 6:0'ing my previous opp with stall I kinda had an obsession with it so I wanted to bring it again. To not use the same team I decided on using Shedinja stall :o. Hitmontop as spinner because I couldnt afford blastoise+omastar. Wish Kanga cuz wish support is necessary. Phydef gligar to take on kanga together with top and omastar. Ice beam phydef altaria to take on sd gligar and scyther. spike omastar cuz without it the team would be very passive and last but not least sd lum shedinja which performed very well vs samiyam who got subbed in for ifm who johned me! ended up winning pretty safely again.

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Protect
- Toxic

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Toxic
- Brick Break

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Roar
- Protect
- Wish

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Heal Bell
- Rest

Gligar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Toxic
- Swords Dance

dodmen needed a team vs hogg so i just modified this week 2 team hehe. CB lead kanga Muk stayed how it was. Offensive HP Grass lunatone which is a very cool set to lure in shit like omastar for cb kanga. Pinsir stayed the same and i added rain dance omastar to clean up the game after cb scyther and cb kanga broke through the team! he ended up winning with it.

Kangaskhan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

Muk @ Leftovers
Ability: Stench
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Lunatone @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Pinsir @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Omastar @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Ice Beam

Der Führer (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power [Bug]

One of my fav team featuring bulk up primeape which is a very cool mon. I put 32 hp evs to 100% live adamant return from cb kanga at +1. hypno was reflect so primeape could even set up better and also supported banette which is frail af. spikes phydef omastar to help vs scyther and kanga and also supports sub punch kanga with its spikes since it forces a lot of switches. cb scyther was there to take advantage of banette destiny bonding pokemon :D and banette itself was there to punish kangas or other normals from clicking return or normal stab.

Primeape @ Leftovers
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rock Slide

Hypno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Protect

Omastar @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Scyther @ Choice Band
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Silver Wind
- Quick Attack
- Steel Wing

Banette @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

made that for dodmen vs fatty which never happened alas. qwilfish lead is cool especially with hp grass cuz the standard lead set is walled by omastar.
taking advantage of the omastar luring i put scyther and kangaskhan who own with spikes too. golem was the mandatory normal resist and is also strong as fuck. i decided on counter>explosion because its a funny lure without taking yourself out. druidcruel and petaya manetric to clean late game.

Qwilfish @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Self-Destruct
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kangaskhan @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fake Out
- Shadow Ball

Manectric @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 44 HP / 248 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Crunch

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Counter
- Protect

Scyther @ Salac Berry
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Reversal
- Endure

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 Atk / 92 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

my best and favorite team i made based on nidoqueen+walrein which have close to perfect synergy. walrein is a fucking beast and i wanted the encore set to give nidoqueen free switchas. phydef bull was added for heal bell and kanga check followed by wish support hypno which is needed for bull. i put counter on nidoqueen for style and superpower to surprise kangaskhan. omastar was added because iw as hella weak to cb scyther and kanga still. cb scyther to clean up late game and help vs annoying grass types. got a very early freeze vs anti which let me win the game with ease.

Walrein @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 36 Def / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Counter
- Sludge Bomb
- Superpower

Granbull @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Hypno @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Psychic

Omastar @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Silver Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

team i built for tiebreaker based on ninetales+shiftry core shoutouts hogg. added a cb nidoqueen there because it synergizes well and took advantage of shiftry removing bulky waters. evs on nidoqueen make u live cb ada eq from kanga 100% and u ohko back with superpower. omastar was added cuz i was hella weak to kangaskhan but i made a mistake and gave it max spatt instead of defense which was terrible for me in this game. sub sd scyther to defeated bulky cores and lanturn takes on waters easily because shiftry cant handle them that well without sun out :/. i had terrible matchup this game and had to outplay it, though anti played flawlessly so it was barely impossible for me to win. but this team is very good i made changes like wish kanga>shiftry on this and it works pretty well.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quick Attack

Shiftry @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Mild Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Explosion

Nidoqueen @ Choice Band
EVs: 44 HP / 248 Atk / 136 Def / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Omastar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Scyther @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Silver Wind

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Surf

pce

Not posting teams because people should rather try to build their own shit with the sets being dropped in here than just steal them.

I didn't use anything innovative at all but I think the stuff still deserves to be dropped in here.

Tornadus @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Sleep Talk

specs torn-i is incredible strong and can cause major damage to teams as long as hurricane connects. I feel like this set deserves to be used way more, especially if you can catch a spowder with it you also get the priority Stalk and only have to rely on a chance to get hurricane with it.

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 120 SpA / 172 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pursuit
- Pain Split
- Curse

I have no clue what these evs achieve anymore because its been like idk how many years when I put that together. I like this set a lot mainly because of curse. It can be so nice in some situations vs. mons that tend to set up on you and then get more or less put on a timer vs it thanks to the damamge caused by curse. Maybe one day I will know why the fuck I put these evs on it again but for now it might be better to just use something else.

Scyther (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break

It's not that bad, I swear.

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

I didn't use cacturne this uupl but Pearl did (Helped him with evs and stuff). It actually isn't even that bad. It completly shuts down stuff like CM Slwobro/Slowking, Suicune (Crocune at least, roar cune phazes it out) and other waters that usually don't run a move to hit grass types super effective and proceeds to set up on them. With sucker punch it got a nice "priority move" more or less which comes in handy at least vs choiced non fighting typs (victini, darmanitan, flygon).

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic/Hyper Voice
- Trick/Hyper Voice/Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Yes scarf meloetta was being used too this uupl by Calloflochie. It actually is pretty legit and can catch some people off guard. Base 90 speed isn't that bad (you outspeed scarf cross at least) and people who think they can trap it for free either get hit by a scarf FB or are will keep switching in on a uturn of it.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Yes, the return p2. This set is actually a thing in BW. The evs are just standard and a sharpedo was expected on the team Lochie was about to face, Lol. Usually I would just run spdef P2. Whatever, Return on P2 serves as way to beat Sub CM Raikous, shadow ball helps to deal with cofags way reliable (and served to hit chandelure back then, when it wasn't banned). Toxic is toxic, thunder wave is also perfectly fine on that slot.

Fist of Zen (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Dynamic Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Sadly the Fist of Zen coudln't win. Nevertheless is Golurk a nice fighting type check in BWUU. It basically sets rocks up and checks Heracross as good as possible (CB is a pain in the ass). The good thing is the other fighting types you might encounter in the tier won't pass it. Unless its LO Reckless foresight Hitmonlee, that thing hits like a fucking truck. The EVs in speed make it hit 172. That ensures you outspeed stuff like Umbreon and Lanturn.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower/Roar
- Stealth Rocks/Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This is just a fat nidoqueen which I have used like twice or three times in this uupl. Does the thing to check fighting types. Enough speed so 4 Speed EV gligars can't revenge you when you are low on health and in their EQ range. It deserves a little bit more love, then it's not that bad on stall and has a nice abillity in sheer force to make it attacks not that weak.

Zen Master (Darmanitan) (M) @ Salac Berry
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Well it's sub bd darmanitan. Sadly it couldn't win me the game but it won someone else a game iirc (or two games?). A fun set to use, but with those nasty base 100 and base 105 scarfers in the tier it needs quite a lot of support to make it work in form of getting rid of those said faster scarfers or cripple them and spin support.

Here some stuff that wasn't being used in UUPL.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Double-Edge
- Mach Punch
- Foresight

The god himself. Nobody used this in UUPL and when I had the chance I pussied out to do it. Just get rid of the gligar with something like Trick Medicham on the team that tricks a scarf on it. Done. Nothing stops this.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt/Return
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

I think this set has seen the daylight once in SPL 5 by Jabba I think? Idr it but this thing is quite cool. Sadly it's coverage options are pretty much Zen Headbutt or Return/Frustraion so you have to decide between getting the kill on roserade with a move that might miss or between a move which requires you to be at +2 to actually get the kill on roserade. I prefer zenheadbutt because you also hit Heracross (needs rocks damamge to ohko) and other stuff like venomoth too.

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Great electric type check actually. Sub CM kou isn't passing that nor is Zapdos although Sub Zapdos variants can be annoying for it because of sub blocking toxic and it then possibly losing to it because of pressure stalling pps out.

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
- Quick Attack

Dodrio. Who the fuck needs Brave Bird (Brave Bird + Baton Pass is illegal :(). Dodrio does dodrio things.

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

Altough snow warning got banned abomasnow is still usable. I think of it's only sets it really can pull. Like CB, SD and maybe some weird mixed attacker set which is most likely not going to be effective due to the lack of 100% accurate blizzards. The speed evs ensure to outspeed base 70s and Idk why anymore. So might as well make it max hp max atk or atleast enough speed to outspeed umbreon.
A Sub Punch set is illegal ): soundproof + focus punch is an illegal combination.

I got more stuff to post actually but I think that's enough for the moment, haha.

Last edited:

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
DPP UU love because best tier. I mostly made my teams based on stuff I wanted to use and tried to make them as solid as possible because that’s always been how I built. Only leaving this one team here because it’s the only one I truly liked playing and could actually test before I got busy irl and Eo grew uninterested and started spamming Roost BellyZard, which led to me recycling old teams. For what it’s worth, this team went 3-0 if I’m not mistaken:

Mesprit @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- U-turn

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Synthesis

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
- Brave Bird

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Beat Up
- Stone Edge

Kabutops @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

Idea here was pretty simple; sweep with Swellow using Dugtrio support. Since I was already running Dug, I could afford to run more Pokémon countered by Registeel and SpD Arcanine (in all honesty 70% of the reason Dugtrio should be ran on any team is to dick Regi, and even then it fails sometimes). Given I was already running those two, that also meant I had a pair of wet pieces of cardboard that I can bring in on immunities only pretty much, I tried to build the rest of my team around a combination of some jack of all trade mons.

Spin Kabutops is an alright mon, not nearly as reliable as Donphan but tends to have more offensive presence and doesn’t force me to stack on ground types. In my opinion there are few speed benchmarks worth hitting when running base 80s; 219 for Aggron, 230 for Omastar (and SpD Arcanine if it doesn’t creep), 233 (iirc) for Torterra, 240 for Absol or just go full to tie with + nature 252s. I wanted to land at least over Omastar for reasons (one of them is the higher chance to outpace all these random Milotic and Mesprit spreads) . Kabutops doesn’t do much to Torterra regardless and I didn’t see Absol much so I decided to stop at 230. The added bulk is small but it helps me live stuff like two Facade from Swellow (or at least gives me higher chances), which is important since I have no other normal resist.

Since I was already running spin, SpD Arcanine came just because I think that is the best mon in the tier. Only real innovation (at least compared to when DPP UU was active) is wisp over toxic, since it allows me to dick some Swellow checks like Rhyperior, Donphan and Kabutops. Toxic is only really missed vs Arcanine and Moltres, and I can usually work around them just fine. Mesprit is only there really to drop SR, not much to say, it’s reliable and it stops most spinners which means I actually have rocks up. It also likes Registeel off the field and that’s always nice. The speed and GKnot are for Omastar; U-turn last because Healing Wish wasn’t all that useful and this at least lets me bring Dugtrio on Registeel / Arcanine switches. Sucks that I can’t underspeed defensive Arcanine though.

Grass-type decision is probably the one I never fully got down. I needed something for bulky waters in general so it was either a grass or Toxicroack, but I was iffy on the latter for reasons. Only three grasses that can “reliably” check Milotic are Leafeon, Sceptile and Venusaur. I could go on for ages on their pros and cons but in the end I stuck with Leafeon, since it could check Azumarill and Kabutops pretty well, abused Dug support and could hit flyers and Venusaur pretty hard. Leftovers instead of LO because when I ran the latter I found myself healing off Milotic Surfs about 80% of the time and a +2 Double-Edge would usually put me in range of any priority move. Sucks not to have the power to trash Arcanine / Venusaur without residual damage but such is life.

PS: I speed creep my mons a lot so this is all a lie. I won a SPL game because Folgorio's Curse Regi had 16 Speed EVs while my Tank one had 20.

Last edited:
uu sux rn but i had a lot of fun building so heres a few teams i used :toast:

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Recover

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 208 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Pursuit

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD /
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

otr recover reun against yabo cause i know he likes offense. mega doom + esca was a good combo to beat psychics that otr recover reun cant touch. doom and esca were also nice for beating florges which otr reun cant do. rest of the team is pretty self explanatory.

MEW2KING (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

MANG0 (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

HUNGRYBOX (Empoleon) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

LEFFEN (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

PPMD (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

ARMADA (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

wanted to use dd lo mence + healing wish since mence is broken and i wanted as many chances to abuse mence as possible. decided to go with scarf celebi after Adaam would not stop talking about it. shuca empoleon to counter everything in the tier and get up rocks at the same time. sub pass sylveon is a cool set ive been fidelling with and its great with a set up sweeper like mence. unfortunate praj got locked in the bathroom but Shiba used it in a manager game and redeemed the team.

Superstar (Hydreigon) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Dumb it Down (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Little Weapon (Dugtrio) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic

Gotta Eat (Aggron-Mega) @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Fighters (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

The Coolest (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

cstyle for xmarth but too bad he didnt have time to build :x which is unfortunate cause this was probably the team i had the most fun making. specs hydra + swave duggy cause he likes whimsicott a lot. also helps with coba but those usually run shuca so meh, good for chip damage i guess. twave mega aggron to help with speed control for hydra and a sylv 'switch in'. conk for opposing hydras more or less and taunt roost bat because i felt it would do better vs his usual builds.

Last edited:

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fresh off my hot 1-5 tear through uupl i have a cool Empoleon set to share.

giphy.gif

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
EVs: 188 HP / 108 Def / 168 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

I brought this versus YABO since he absolutely loves fighting types like Lucario and Cobalion, it serves as an awesome lure to a ton of fighting types in the tier while also being well, an Empoleon, with its awesome typing and utility. Unfortunatly he didnt bring a single fighting type, which meant i couldn't show off the berry unless I stayed in on his Hax's superpower. A wall of calcs does this set more justice than me discussing it so, here its D:

+2 252 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 301-355 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

168+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. -1 4 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 487-574 (150.3 - 177.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 246-289 (69.1 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

168+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mienshao: 373-439 (137.6 - 161.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 246-290 (69.1 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

168+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario: 331-390 (117.7 - 138.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Heracross Close Combat vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 282-333 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

168+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 390-459 (129.5 - 152.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252 Atk Slurpuff Drain Punch vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 233-275 (65.4 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

168+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 28 HP / 0 SpD Slurpuff: 313-370 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Infernape Close Combat vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 249-294 (69.9 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

168+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 654-770 (223.2 - 262.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Machamp Dynamic Punch vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 265-313 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

168+ SpA Torrent Empoleon Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Machamp: 285-336 (88.7 - 104.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Chople Berry Empoleon: 154-182 (43.2 - 51.1%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

168+ SpA Empoleon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sceptile: 412-488 (146.6 - 173.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 188 HP / 108 Def Chople Berry Empoleon: 144-170 (40.4 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The evs allow it to live cobas plus 2 close combat without rocks, hits a jump point in spatt, and outspeeds base 0 speed base 60s because why not. It still loses to some fighting types however, such as Virizion (168+ SpA Empoleon Ice Beam vs. -1 0 HP / 4 SpD Virizion: 218-258 (67.4 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), Toxicroak (Obviously), Conk because of drain punch and most of the time Machamp, as you have to hit hydro through confusion and get a roll assuming no bulk CB machamp.

Anyway its a neat little set that i wanted to share n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)