UU Team Rating Competition - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

approved by rmt hitler :fire:

Hosts: Cynde | Sun
Welcome to the latest edition of the Team Rater Competition! The tier this time around will be SM UU. For each round we'll post a team, and participants will have one week to complete a rate of said team. When the round is over, the participants who submitted the best rates will move onto the next round. If you are eliminated and want to receive feedback on your rate, the hosts will be more than happy to provide that upon request. Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month. If you're currently involved in or are looking to start rating UU teams, I highly encourage you to participate as this promises to be a great learning experience. Here's to a fun and competitive tournament!

Important notes:
  • Shoutouts in the room intro of the RMT room and in RMT news
  • The top rates from each round in addition to the rates in the final two rounds will count towards the Team Rater badge
  • The winner will be awarded voice status in the RMT room on PS if they have shown an interest in getting involved.
  • Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month.
  • If you are eliminated and would like some feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.
  • At the end of each round, we will announce the best rate from that round and a quick overview of what we liked in the rates submitted.
Deadline will be December 9th 11:59 PM GMT-5

PM your rate to Sun and Cynde

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I've added Serperior because the team was really weak to bulky water types such as crocune and offensive water types such as Primarina and Azumarill. subseed also helps me to weaken alolan muk for a sweep in lategame.

Latias @ Groundium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

I built the team around this Latias set, which takes advantage of the common alolan muk's high usage in the metagame luring it for special attackers such as Serperior. Thunderbolt hits Azumarills and Primarinas for super effective damage.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 SpA
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

The team was clearly weak to opposing Latias and Serperior so i've added Assault vest Muk which also provides to the team utility in Knock off and Fire blast which 2hkos Cobalion in the switch in.

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Aggron-mega was added to the team because it provides stealth rocks and its a solid Azumarill switch in with its amazing physical defense, Thunder wave provides speed control which cripples Cobalion. earthquake provides coverage to hit hard nidoking and steel types such as cobalion.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Facade

SD facade Gliscor provides to the team a very cool stall answer, it is also a good status absorber for my team which is always cool to avoid Toxics from stuff like Alomomola, Gliscor and Blissey .

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roost
- Haze
- Defog

As last, Mantine provides to the team hazard control and its also a good Scizor/Cobalion answer and with its high special defense its able to take hits from Hydreigon.

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
sup pals. esche posted the best rate of the round again so congrats to him. also good news! all you guys rated really well so nobody gets eliminated this round :D

(Threats & Issues // Fixes):

• This team is exceptionally weak to SubSeed Serperior. While Muk-A is a fine switch-in to Leaf Storm, it actually get's stalled out by the combination of Leech Seed + Subsitute with little effort, meaning a simple Subsitute prediction on the switch to Muk-A will make it incredibly difficult for the team to deal with Serperior. Aggron can switch into Leaf Storm when already evolved into its Mega form but lacks recovery and is simultaneously pressured by many other threats, while also failing to OHKO Serperior with Heavy Slam. An even more troublesome is the lack of speed control, making it impossible to revenge kill the grass snake. A more appropriate switch-in and countermeasure is Crobat, which I recommend in place of Mantine. The set provided in the import is able to OHKO Serperior (through the Substitute, thanks to Infiltrator) and outspeeds everything up to Adamant Mega Beedrill/Modest Mega Sceptile. It carries Defog to make up for the loss of Mantine as a Defogger and also sports Taunt, which is used in conjunction with Defog to completely deny hazards and stop the omnipresent Gliscor from boosting with Swords Dance. Other options like Toxic, which can help defeat VinCune (again, thanks to Infiltrator ignoring the Subsitute) since Leaf Storm PP are heavily pressured, and Haze, to help versus Dragon Dance Mega Altaria and Double Dance Cobalion, are equally viable options in that slot.

• Mega Manectric is yet another annoyingly effective tool versus this team: The Ground type, Gliscor, fails to properly check it because of the x4 weakness to HP Ice, and there is not a single option to outspeed and revenge kill Manectric-M. Therefore, I would like to suggest opting for Recover>Psyshock on Latias. This change helps to alleviate the pressure Mega Manectric poses by increasing Latias' longevity. Thunderbolt is chosen over Psyshock here, because the removal of Sap Sipper Azumarill is of paramount importance for Serperior. On the subject of Latias, 56 attack EVs on Latias ensure the OHKO on standard Muk-A with Tectonic Rage after a Draco Meteor (coming from 200 special attack EVs)!

• Another change that I am inclined to make and that will also help with the aforementioned issue of Mega Manectric, is to opt for Choice Scarf Krookodile over AV Muk-A. With Crobat completely shutting down Serperior, and Mega Aggron being a solid switch-in to Latias, this change helps to improve the teams match-up versus the likes of Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Pidgeot being able to remove them with Earthquake or Stone Edge respectively (or damage the latter two with Pursuit on the switch!). The EV spread outspeeds +1 Adamant Mega Sharpedo while taking an unboosted Draco Meteor from Latias after 1 round of Spikes or two rounds of Stealth Rock damage (the loss in attack power is negligible).

• /

With Choice Scarf Krookodile and Crobat having patched up the team's deficit in speed, the fourth movesloton on Aggron, previously occupied by Thunder Wave, is a lot more flexible now. I recommend giving it Taunt to prevent Stealth Rock from the likes of Hippowdown and Swampert, as well as to stop recovery in order to pressure defensive cores better, since solely relying on Serperior versus stall might prove to be difficult considering people have started adapting to it. Also, since SD Scizor becomes more troublesome with the replacement of Mantine, Fire Punch over Earthquake helps checking it. The new EV distribution on Mega Aggron ensures the KO on Belly Drum Azumarill with Heavy Slam after Sitrus Berry recovery and one round of Stealth Rock, while also outspeeding Blissey with 4 speed EVs. (Alternatively, Avalanche can be used over Taunt if SD Gliscor turns out to be too huge of a threat.)

• The last change I'm going to mention is optional. As of now the team has trouble switchting into Hydreigon (as result of the Mantine replacement) and it lacks a way to immediately apply pressure outside of Serperior. Choice Band Azumarill can grant the team a switch-in to Dragon and Dark type attacks, removing pressure from Mega Aggron, and is able to put a dent in Serperior checks like Mandibuzz, Moltres and opposing Mega Aggron with Huge Power boosted attacks. Additionally, a decently strong priority attack in the form of Aqua Jet helps versus opposing SD Gliscor and can remove other, speedy Serperior checks such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill. Instead of commiting to this change however, Gliscor can also opt for a more specially defensive spread of 244 HP / 8 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe with a Jolly nature, which takes 2 consecutive Draco Meteor after Rocks and Poison Heal recovery (with Recover on Latias it is now an option to neglect Entei and Nidoking in terms of speed on Gliscor). The user of this team should be aware however, that SD Facade Gliscor is not able to apply as much immediate pressure as Choice Band Azumarill but instead possesses better sustainability.

Overview of the changes I made:
  • Recover>Psyshock and a slightly altered EV spread on Latias

• Replaced Mantine with Defog Crobat

• Replaced Assault Vest Muk-A with Choice Scarf Krookodile

• Taunt>Thunder Wave, Fire Punch>Earthquake and an edited EV spread on Mega Aggron

• Option A) Replace Gliscor with Choice Band Azumarill

OR Option B) Opt for more special defense on Gliscor
Concluding, the team has a comprehensible game plan incorporated (remove Serperior checks, then sweep), which I payed attention to keep intact. The changes I made this time around (in comparison to last round) were much more impactful on the teams overall structure and appearance but I feel it this is necessary in order to keep up with recent developments in the tier. Personally, I prefer the change from Gliscor to Azumarill but from testing I can report that both options have worked out. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)