UU Simple Questions Thread

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The current meta isn't all too kind to Mismagius, Misdreavus, or Haunter due to the prevalence of notable pursuit trappers like Krookodile and Mega Aerodactyl. Of course, if you choose to run a taunt wisp set on any of those mons with the proper support, then it can surely work. However, if you consider the bigger picture, you'll see that these mons are really out of place in this meta, are pressured too heavily by a variety of offensive threats, and that they're more likely to fail to exceed your expectations than not.

I'd still prefer Chandelure's taunt wisp set over any other options simply because it's offensive range will be widened if Hydreigon were to leave the tier. It still has a great speed tier in the meta, and it's much easier to support a chandy than it is to support any other of your choices.

Vague

Banned deucer.
Would SubDisable Venomoth be considered it's best set right now?
In terms of a mono-set yes. Orb still works decently well and Hogg commonly used a set that utilizes Sash + Psychic to lure Crobat and by extension Nidoqueen.

Ya, i personally like offensive orb

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I actually think SubDisable Moth is largely overrated. I'd say its best set overall is offensive with Sleep Powder, with LO/Insect Plate/Focus Sash depending on your team. For the last move, I like Psychic for surprising Crobat, but Sludge Bomb and Roost are both great options too. SubDisable has a decent matchup versus stall but is a lot worse against almost everything else, as losing Sleep Powder means you lose your main way of setting up against anything resembling an offensive team.

Who's a good spinblocker in UU?
Unfortunately, the best Ghost-Types in the tier (Sableye, Doublade and Chandelure) are easily defeated by Tentacruel and Blastoise (Sableye can't defeat Acid Spray Tentacruel), and these Pokémon are actually the best Spinners in the tier, so Jellicent is the best spinblocker since it blocks Rapid Spin from Tentacruel, but it can't take a Dark Pulse from Blastoise.
However, the other Ghost-types can block Forretress with ease.

Unfortunately, the best Ghost-Types in the tier (Sableye, Doublade and Chandelure) are easily defeated by Tentacruel and Blastoise (Sableye can't defeat Acid Spray Tentacruel), and these Pokémon are actually the best Spinners in the tier, so Jellicent is the best spinblocker since it blocks Rapid Spin from Tentacruel, but it can't take a Dark Pulse from Blastoise.
However, the other Ghost-types can block Forretress with ease.
All but Sableye can block Forretress 100% Sableye has to watch out for pin missle unless it burns

is defensive crobat is the best set now?

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt / Defog
- U-turn

This is Crobat's best set right now. Defensive Bat isn't as good as it was before, since it wasn't walling Pokémon like Sylveon and Krookodile anyway with a bulkyer spread. With this set it can still take hits from Fighting-types with ease, not to mention that it defeats Defensive Sylveon 1v1 most of the time if running Taunt, however, you can run Defog if your team is lacking a way to remove hazards. U-Turn gives you momentum, Brave Bird kills 'mons and Roost must be used to restore your health. Sky Plate is used to do more damage in Pokémon like Cobalion, since if you are not running Sky Plate you can't 2HKO it.

Last edited:
Whats the difference in my team if i decide to go Calm mind Florges and WISH Sylveon, instead of CM/Specs Sylveon and Wish Florges.? besides bigger wishes i think..

In general, CM Florges outclasses CM Sylveon due to access to one-turn recovery in Synthesis. This gives it the freedom to run coverage or Aromatherapy, making it more self-sufficient.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I've been using a lot of Diancie + Celebi cores recently but what do you guys think would be the best sets for this core. I've just gone with bulky attacker w/ Lefties or Shuca for Diancie and NP Celebi.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shuca on Diancie seems meh since you can't effectively punish the ground types that you'd be luring in barring Krookodile. The bulky attacker set or even Shuca is definitely a set to be reckoned with in RU, however it just doesn't have the same amount of staying power to keep up with UU's comparatively more offensive mons. I'd run the physically defensive rocks cleric set if I were you, and I've included the set below.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

As for Celebi, you've definitely taken the better route in running NP Celebi (since this is by far the most threatening mon in the tier with Hydreigon potentially leaving the tier soon). Celebi already has great natural bulk, and running a more defensive spread either requires the need of an extra NP for you to be truly dangerous and also takes away from some SpA or speed, both of which are very highly appreciated. You'll obviously be running NP, Giga Drain, and Psychic as these are all staples on the NP set, and the last move can be chosen to your liking based on what supports the rest of the team best. I'd personally go with Shadow Ball when using this core since it lures in mons like Metagross and Bronzong, both of which would wall your current core.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Is WaterSpam on offensive teams a viable strategy, with something like Crawdaunt or SD Gatr to wallbreak and break through the other 1-2 Water type's checks (the other Waters would probably be something like Mega Swamp or Gyarados)?

Is WaterSpam on offensive teams a viable strategy, with something like Crawdaunt or SD Gatr to wallbreak and break through the other 1-2 Water type's checks (the other Waters would probably be something like Mega Swamp or Gyarados)?
Definitely viable. Gyarados and Mega Swamp already hit pretty hard, and having another water type soften up their counters make them even more threatening. An example is something like SD Crawdaunt and DD Gyarados, due to the fact that most of Gyarados' counters hate taking a +2 knock off. Of course, UU has even more viable offensive water types, so you can always experiment with things like Gatr, Sharpedo, and maybe even something weird like Calm Mind Slowking

Last edited:
Sure that it is a viable strategie, but Tentacruel, Offensive Suicune and Tentacruel are pretty good Offensive Pokémon that are good when paired with Daunt, Gatr, Mega Swamp or even Gyra. If you want an effective core for offensive teams, you could run Mega Swampert + Empoleon, because this core can hold a lot of threats of the UU Metagame and they don't share the same checks at all.

Tirishia

Banned deucer.
When you said "water spam" the first thing that came to mind was exploding cloyster + offensive water type. Basically you set up a shell smash with cloyster, and the pokemon that is suppose to stop the cloyster sweep comes in and takes a plus 2 explosion leaving it fainted or too low of an hp value to be useful. At that point, another offensive water type (like mega sharpedo, feraligatr, etc.) can come in and have little to no switches since what walls cloyster is on that team to also wall offensive water types. I think that cloyster set is in the analysis. I would go check that out.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why the hell is Darmanitan Zen Mode banned in UU? When it should be inferior to SF Darm.
It's not banned. You can select Zen Mode as an ability for Darmanitan. You just can't select Darmanitan-Zen as a Pokemon in teambuilder, because that would have you starting with Darmanitan-Zen (rather than having it turn into Darmanitan-Zen when it drops below 50% HP). If you want to use it, just choose regular Darmanitan in the teambuilder and select Zen Mode as its ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)