UU Sample Teams Thread V3

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
taken over from Aquadext | approved by King UU and Hogg | credits to Litra for the banner |

Hi everyone. This thread serves to be a place for successful UU teams intended to help new players get acclimated to the metagame and different playstyles. The subtle differences in each tier can make UU seem overwhelming, even to seasoned veterans of other tiers. Here, you can post your own team for archiving for new UU players to use.

Posting Guidelines

• Make sure you've actually had some experience with your team. I don't want anyone posting a team they just made on the team builder and thought looked cool. For this reason posting replays helps. In addition to the fact that it shows you've actually used this team a fair bit, it also gives us an idea of how to play with the team which is helpful.
  • When you post your team, please give an explanation of your team building process and the role that each member of your team plays
  • You're welcome to submit any kind of team that you have that, in your opinion, is a good representation of the metagame right now. Providing an importable will be mandatory.
  • Just a note: If I like your post it means I'm adding your team.
  • This is important: these teams must represent the current metagame.
happy posting!

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Team Archive
Offence Teams
Icey Tea and dodmen's Offence Team

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Tail

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 184 Atk / 144 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Grass Knot
- Meteor Mash
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
Cool HO I made with dodmen. Haxorus originally used to be Salamence but it still works pretty damn well after test. Basically everything supports the Haxorus sweep perfectly here. MixMeta is pretty decent partner cuz you get to GK/Boom on bulky waters such as pert/cune/mola and make the room for hax, hp fire obviously for doublade and forry aswell. Krook is helmet taunt to keep ur own rocks vs forry and prevent mons from getting their rocks also helmet is decent cuz u chip mons w/ it, that way they get into dclaw range e.g. mega aero. Gleam+Epower was the preferred set for Cele to lure possible scarf dreigons which can revenge kill haxorus. scarf shao keeps up momentum and makes the team fast and rd pert as a cleaner late game u dont rly need ip anymore so pup is the choice here. u can run jolly>ada if u want.

Sacri's Offence Team

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam/Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
Solid offense team I made for UU open, I lost my r4 match but I believe a few other people used it with decent success. It was built around DD Haxorus + Nidoqueen which is a pretty offensive core that packs a lot of power. The rest of the team is relatively straightforward, I'm using Whimsi because I needed a fast pivot that can switch into dracos, Blastoise is used for the strong fire resistance & rapid spin. Cresselia & Cobalion bring a ton of defensive utility as well as being solid win conds on their own. All the checks my 3 set up mons have in common are easily pressured by the team overall which opens a lot of doors to allow one of the 3 to win the game. All the sets are really standard honestly, X-Scissor Cobalion is used because Celebi is a little annoying to this team but it cant actually set up for free on anything and I still have whimsicott to encore it. Sceptile & Aero have the potential to be annoying because they outspeed everything but both of them have trouble to break cresselia and i can always toy around sceptile by switching whimsi into expected dragon pulse. The team definitively has threats but can be played decently around them and the offensive pressure it brings is really nice overall.

Lixx and King Troller's Offence Team

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 204 HP / 206 Def / 98 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray
- Scald
I think it's very friendly for the sample team, if they understand the concept of baton pass. It's definitely a team to use if you want to play a lot of games in a short amount of time. I would say my win ratio all around with this team is probably a little over 75%. I chose to use a dedicated lead of focus sash oblivious mamoswine. Not a lot of people expect that kind of set anymore so it's a pretty solid choice to use now that azelf has gone for asap rocks. endeavor ice shard combo works wonders. if the sash is still in tact mamo can actually take out 1/3 of a team, upwards of 1/2 if they're dumb. I chose to go with a bulkier celebi and forego thunder wave for sucker punch. at +2 I ohko megabee. Not a lot of ppl really expect the sucker. I'm not hard countered by bulletproof as well. Running a standard weakness policy i'll touch on that with my other mons. Sharpedo is naive in this instance of not being walled by mons like chesnaught. +2 Icebeam has the chance to ohko after rocks. It kills out sceptile without the boost, and ohkos hydreigon after rocks. Everything else on him is standard. Entei is very nice on any celebi pass team. +2 Extreme speed sweeps are how I win most of my games. At times its annoying vs a bulkier team that has a cleric and a magron to protect and stall me out of PP but entei gets the job done whether its early game or late game. Taking up to 3 mons with it at times if its early game. Tent is here for the toxic spikes and to have a soft check to opposing enteis. Ensuring I can spin away and absorb hazards. It doesn't play too huge of a roll but I prefer it to say a swampert. Lastly I'm running scarf hydreigon. It's a good mon in it of itself but the +2 it can potentially get from weakness policy really threatens other teams as I can come in and drop two dracos in a row, or simply proceed to click dark pulse. It's by no means the perfect team, let alone the perfect bp pass. I do however really enjoy it.While I lack answers to scarf hydreigon, any hydreigon for that matter as I have to try to play around it and will most likely lose a mon in the process (usually tent) and revenge kill it, or take it out later. Most HO teams have trouble with more than a few mons and have to take the own users personal skill level into account.

Amaroq's Bulky Offence Team

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Def / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Krookodile @ Choice Band
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost
I stole the current meta's most standard bulky offense team from Accelgor, but it's not really plagiarism since we're practically the same person. Anyway, the team was built according to the incredibly creative and hitherto-unforeseen bulky offense formula of Choice Band Krookodile, Choice Specs Sylveon, Nasty Plot Celebi, Mega Aerodactyl, filler, filler, where the filler slots include an Entei check, a Fairy check, Stealth Rock, and hazard control. Choice Band Krookodile and Choice Specs Sylveon break down teams while also providing some defensive utility through typing and Intimidate. Celebi handles bulky Water-types and completes the destruction of fat teams. Mega Aerodactyl provides a fast revenge killer and way to threaten offense teams, while Swampert and Tentacruel provide useful bulk and utility options.

Amaroq's Offence Team

EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

EVs: 116 HP / 200 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Acid Spray

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
This is an offense team that wears down opposing teams through pressure from Krookodile, Entei, Celebi, and Cobalion so that Mega Aerodactyl can sweep, although anything on the team can serve as a win condition in the right situation. Tentacruel lures and KOs annoying Pokemon, such as Entei, Krookodile, and Mamoswine while also providing some safety against threats such as Infernape and Cobalion. Feel free to run Dazzling Gleam on Tentacruel to lure Hydreigon and another coverage option on Celebi if you prefer. X-Scissor on Cobalion beats Cresselia for Aerodactyl. This team seems weak to Ground-types, but Celebi, Shuca Berry Cobalion, and fast Tentacruel are usually enough to pressure most Ground-types. Between Krookodile and Tentacruel, this team isn't too worried about hazards, either. This team requires the user to maintain offensive pressure on the opponent, and thus correct prediction and risk-reward analysis is important to get the most out of this team.

obii's Bulky Offence Team

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 240 HP / 24 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Knock Off / Roar

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
The team works pretty similarly to the bee volturn that dodmen built but is bulkier and focuses on bee / rotom creating opportunities for entei to burn things. The defensive backbone is the tried and true empoleon+gligar which covers a huge amount of threats and compresses hazard removal, stealth rocks, and tons of utility in U-turn and Knock Off or Roar. These 2 get blown away by mamoswine so Cresselia was added also as a general fight resist and something to handle conkeldurr. The set can be changed to thunder wave with lunar dance but I like calm mind and feels it works great with the team. Rotom-Mow brings more speed to the team, a secondary water resist, a decent answer to bulky CMers with trick, and most importantly something to handle gyarados. Despite losing in slam due to some bad luck the team had success on ladder and in majors.

obii's Offence Team

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Polish

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch
This team works like any HO where you utilize different breakers and set up sweepers to create opportunities for something to sweep. The team has a pretty good match up or at least neutral match up vs all play styles due to the nature of the team being so offensive and pressuring the opponent immensely. Coba, Gyara, Pert, and Gross all share checks and teams at most will have 1-2 answers. Hydreigon brings some defensive utility by being able to switch into scalds and threaten to drop a draco and it sports the AoA set which is guaranteed to either get a kill or damage something hard every game. Azelf used to be in aero's place but it's just there to set rocks. The movesets are pretty standard but on the first draft gyara had charti berry to lure aero but lum helps set up on things that try to burn you.

Tirishia's Offence Team

Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Swampert @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Flash Cannon

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
I wanted to experiment with dumping krookodile. Mega swampert makes my ground type an excellent late game sweeper. Hydreigon is added to take sacred fires scalds. The surprise flash cannon wears down sylveon for mienshao and the dark typing allows me to not get swept by chandelure. Whimsicott is now bulky to compensate for the lack of aggron. It works great as a support for the other big threats on the team to overcome speed barriers and prevents opposing set up sweepers from destroying this team. Empoleon is the best substitute I really have for aggron. With whimsicott on the team, I had the option to make empoleon a more offensive variant. The shuca berry set with rocks over defog was too tempting to pass up. I really enjoy using this team. I feel like I am always one step ahead when facing my opponent. This version lacks set up sweepers making it weak versus bulky teams. I play my crobat and whimsicott very well in those match ups to prevent bulky pokemon from keeping their hp value high.

Manipulative's Offence Team

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Tailwind

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock
Definitely one of my favorite teams to use throughout ORAS. Unfortunately, it was built for the Hydrei-less meta and is quite vulnerable to Hydrei, but there is definitely room to play around it. For instance, switching Metagross into predicted Dracos, switching Mienshao into Dark Pulse, Outspeeding it with Mienshao no matter what, and outspeeding with most members under Tailwind. The basic idea behind the team was Tailwind Torn + immediate power. I originally wanted Mienshao to be Banded, since its HJK would have even more monstrous power, but the team definitely needed some speed outside of Tailwind to be able to function. The team is meant to be played pretty aggressively, and you'll be able to play around the vast majority of matchups you'll find if you're playing it correctly. Tornadus not only acts as support with Tailwind, but also as a powerhouse on its own since not many things in this tier like to switch into Hurricane. Superpower is for Blissey and allows Torn to be a huge threat to almost any stall team. Iron Tail was an option for the last attack, but I find Heat Wave to be really useful and the rest of the team manages to put a good amount of pressure on Sylveon. CB Krook is always a threat and fit on this team just fine. MStoise provided power to abuse with tailwind, as well as hazard removal and a fire resist. There are times when I would wish I had Celebi over Rose, but Rose fits on this team better overall. It has more immediate power and provides the team with a grounded Poison-type to remove TSpikes, and pressures Sylveon. Metagross was a clear fit for the final slot. It gave the team a Stealth Rocker, flying resist, an additional soft check to Aero, a lot of pressure against Sylveon, Priority, and the immediate power that the team needs. Explosion also fits perfectly for this type of team, as it allows you to often swap kills, as well as keep Stealth Rocks up most of the time. The biggest problem this team faces by far is the abundance of inaccurate moves, but it's very efficient when those moves actually do hit lol. It's also really fun anyways, so try it out :D!

pokemon sparrow's Bulky Offence Team

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Defog

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Crobat @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Celebi, Conkeldurr & Sylveon had just dropped and people were losing their minds. So I wanted to build a defensive core which had little issue switching into the Pixilate boosted bombs it was dropping all over the meta - enter Empoleon + Arcanine. Empoleon is the glue of the team, special type attacks bouncing off it's body, roaring at Calm Mind users and controlling hazards are its game. Very important to keep it around for the long run. Arcanine is a nice Entei switch-in, it's self sufficient with Morning Sun and spreads burns, nice for switching into physical attackers. The core had major issues with Celebi and lacked any form of offensive presence, so I decided to give Choice Specs Hydreigon a whirl alongside Band Bat. Band Bat being the primary grass type switch in, with Sleep Talk, and Hydreigon being there to drop Draco's all over the meta (no switch-ins). Forming a really great U-turn core to boot, nothing can take attacks from either Hydregion and Crobat in the meta. Conkeldurr is an incredibly handy status absorber for the team, also priority in Mach Punch is cool vs stuff such as Lucario, Helio, M-Sharpedo etc. Originally I was running Rock Polish M-Aggron for memes, but the set proved to be underwhelming (don't run it), so I settled for Curse, seeing as I already had hazards, it was the natural choice. M-Aggron actually beats Bulk Up Conkeldurr 1v1, it's also really nice having a second specially defensive Steel Type on the team. Conkeldurr and M-Aggron also do well at breaking down checks and counters for each other. Watch out for other defensive set-up Pokemon + powerful wall breaking Pokemon such as Band Entei, Specs Hydreigon, Band Conkeldurr etc. Other than that the team functions really well and is quite straight forward!

Balance Teams

Icey Tea's Balance Team

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
Balance built around Crawdaunt + Entei core which is a neat core to go full wallbreaking as they both take down each checks/counters pretty easily. Obv what would benefit from Water-types being burnt/knocked off or just straight dead? Right. Mega-Aero so I decided to slap hone claws on it because the team doesn't really need Pursuit support as it can handle Mega Bee, Chandy and co. pretty easily so I opted for hone claws 3 attacks which will most likely pull off a sweep once you played correctly with craw and entei. Sylveon was added because the 3 mons are all annoyed by a broken dragon and I went cleric set to also check stuff like opposing aero, sceptiles and sharpedos. Tentacruel was a obvious fit because with 2 rock weak mons and 2 other mons annoyed by spikes and rox its a good partner for the other 4. It also absorbs tspikes and sets tspikes for aero and entei who benefit a lot from it. Coba was added because i needed a rocker and a reasonable fast one and an additional mamoswine check so shuca was the obvious choice here aswell, swords dance is too break swamperts cunes and some gay fat cores too. team doesnt have elec immunity but lets be honest there is no relevant 1 anyway.

Amaroq's Balance Team

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Heavy Slam
- Volt Switch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Roost
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/awake-and-alive.3584956/
would've taken you two minutes to write a description buddy.

Manipulative and Christo.'s Balance Team

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Crobat
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Defog

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice
This is a neat team that I built alongside Christo. for Week 1 of LTPL. We started off with a really threatening core of Entei and BU Conk. With a core like this, a team has to be quite sturdy to not be threatened by at least one of those two. We had a good idea of where the team was going from that point. MScept came in as the obligatory answer to Waters. We decided to run HP Bug on it since Celebi can be really annoying for this team. Pert came in for its usual reasons; being a great fire resist, Stealth Rocker, Aero check, phazer, and so on. Bat provided the team with a Beedrill switch in, hazard removal, and additional pressure against Sylveon. And then Sylveon came in for the final slot as a glue for the team. It gave us our Draco switch in and wish support for the rest of the team. Overall, it's a really solid team. It has worked really well on the ladder for both of us, and also ended up getting both of us a win for Week 1 :D.

Stall Teams
would really like some of these soon pls post.

Last edited:
Since I got begged to.

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Balance built around Crawdaunt + Entei core which is a neat core to go full wallbreaking as they both take down each checks/counters pretty easily. Obv what would benefit from Water-types being burnt/knocked off or just straight dead? Right. Mega-Aero so I decided to slap hone claws on it because the team doesn't really need Pursuit support as it can handle Mega Bee, Chandy and co. pretty easily so I opted for hone claws 3 attacks which will most likely pull off a sweep once you played correctly with craw and entei. Sylveon was added because the 3 mons are all annoyed by a broken dragon and I went cleric set to also check stuff like opposing aero, sceptiles and sharpedos. Tentacruel was a obvious fit because with 2 rock weak mons and 2 other mons annoyed by spikes and rox its a good partner for the other 4. It also absorbs tspikes and sets tspikes for aero and entei who benefit a lot from it. Coba was added because i needed a rocker and a reasonable fast one and an additional mamoswine check so shuca was the obvious choice here aswell, swords dance is too break swamperts cunes and some gay fat cores too. team doesnt have elec immunity but lets be honest there is no relevant 1 anyway.

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Tail

Metagross @ Life Orb
EVs: 184 Atk / 144 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Grass Knot
- Meteor Mash
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Swampert @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Cool HO I made with dodmen. Haxorus originally used to be Salamence but it still works pretty damn well after test. Basically everything supports the Haxorus sweep perfectly here. MixMeta is pretty decent partner cuz you get to GK/Boom on bulky waters such as pert/cune/mola and make the room for hax, hp fire obviously for doublade and forry aswell. Krook is helmet taunt to keep ur own rocks vs forry and prevent mons from getting their rocks also helmet is decent cuz u chip mons w/ it, that way they get into dclaw range e.g. mega aero. Gleam+Epower was the preferred set for Cele to lure possible scarf dreigons which can revenge kill haxorus. scarf shao keeps up momentum and makes the team fast and rd pert as a cleaner late game u dont rly need ip anymore so pup is the choice here. u can run jolly>ada if u want.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz

Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace / Hone Claws
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
EVs: 232 Atk / 56 SpA / 220 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Encore

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Cool CB Infernape Offense with a dual fighter core. With CB Infernape I feel like its mandatory to pack pursuit support for Chandelure even if its not /that/ common anymore. So Mega Aerodactyl was my choice here as it also takes advantage of Infernape's abillity to take down bulky waters + aero gets rid of things that hinder infernape from clicking cc. Next I wanted a rocker that had the abillity to take down annoying waters like cune/swampert and the annoying cresselia/reuniclus so i opted for a mixed metagross set with explosion and grass knot grass knot kos swampert after it switched into mmash and grass knot + explosion kills cune. Next I needed hazard removal again so i chose tentacruel, sadly, once again because its really only the viable option. I figured i straight up lose to shit like mamo or sharpedo if nape goes down so i went with yache whimsicott here as it also is a neat draco switchin. my last teammember choice was heracross because i wanted a scarfer that could clean the opponents team after aero+ape weakened them and i also wanted an additional way of rkilling cresselia and reuniclus. heracross also gives me a p good check for hydreigon and as most teams rly arent prepared for heracross atm moxie scarf is really cool fit here.

k Cyndequil. ur turn.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam/Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab

Solid offense team I made for UU open, I lost my r4 match but I believe a few other people used it with decent success. It was built around DD Haxorus + Nidoqueen which is a pretty offensive core that packs a lot of power. The rest of the team is relatively straightforward, I'm using Whimsi because I needed a fast pivot that can switch into dracos, Blastoise is used for the strong fire resistance & rapid spin. Cresselia & Cobalion bring a ton of defensive utility as well as being solid win conds on their own. All the checks my 3 set up mons have in common are easily pressured by the team overall which opens a lot of doors to allow one of the 3 to win the game. All the sets are really standard honestly, X-Scissor Cobalion is used because Celebi is a little annoying to this team but it cant actually set up for free on anything and I still have whimsicott to encore it. Sceptile & Aero have the potential to be annoying because they outspeed everything but both of them have trouble to break cresselia and i can always toy around sceptile by switching whimsi into expected dragon pulse. The team definitively has threats but can be played decently around them and the offensive pressure it brings is really nice overall.

Last edited:

Vague

Banned deucer.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- Stun Spore

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

This is a cool HO i made around the concept of mixed Hydreigon destroying everything and 2 setup sweepers in SubCM Chandelure and SD Lucario taking advantage of that and breaking each others checks in the process. Chandelure isn't /that/ good anymore, but it still bones stall completely once given the chance. Flame body is garbage but it makes sure p2 can't wall you after trace. SD Lucario is just ridiculous and cleans teams up very nicely once setup, and it really enjoys Hydreigon softening everything up. Whimsicott is a better Hydreigon check, water check, and lures in things such as Mega Sharpedo and Swampert with Yache Berry. Stun Spore is nice for catching some faster things and is really clutch at times. Needed something else that benefits from Hydreigon + all the offensive pressure the teams exerts, so Mega Aero took the Mega Slot and functions as a very fast SR setter, revenge killer, and cleaner in 1. Finally, Tentacruel was added since its the only best Rapid Spinner in the tier and the extra support in Toxic Spikes is very appreciated by every member of the team.

edit: i'm not pif but i do have a mega ampharos semi-stall

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave / Volt Switch / Signal Beam

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

basic idea of this team is to promote a successful sweep with either sd ecavalier or curse snorlax after wearing down the opposition (more like a balance really). the former does better against other stall squads while snorlax does slightly better against offense. i actually started around mega amp + sylv + escavalier since it's actually a pretty good defensive core. sylv and escav are standard, but mega amp is the offensive tank since i think defensive is really bad. the final slot has quite a few cool options like volt switch to pivot, thunder wave to slow down faster threats, or even something like signal beam to lure in celebi. after that was established, i added defensive swampert w/ roar + tspikes tentacruel w/ haze to make a nice little hazard stack duo and they check a wide range of threats together. roar and haze are some cool techs to make sure that bu conkeldurr doesn't just plow past this team after sylv is gone. snorlax was added last since its a nice sponge against things like the nidos and chandelure and is another good wincon for this type of team. also enjoys hazard stack + phasing to wear down its checks.

Last edited:

Tirishia

Banned deucer.
Mind if I help out?

I built 4 teams in preparation for a non hydreigon meta and... well, hydreigon is still running around. So unfortunately, only two teams are still good. I want to share those with you guys to help you out on ladder and in room tournaments. Keep in mind that these teams are a little weak to hydreigon, but are equipped to deal with any set hydreigon can run. If it means anything, I got top ten on ladder with these two teams. If that speaks something, it means that other people can use these teams and do just as well.
upload_2016-10-9_14-32-27.png

upload_2016-10-9_14-34-53.png (click image for import)
SunnyDoom is a suicide lead HO team that looks for a weakness in the opponents team composition and exploits it. When building this team, I started out with sunny day mega houndoom and decided that entei is a great partner because it can abuse the sun while no relying on the sun. This team went through a total make over and multiple revisions until I was satisfied with it. The change from slurpuff to gyarados was the tipping point of this team performing like it should. After that, it was little things like jolly lucario to adamant, shadowball celebi to dazzling gleam, and lum berry gyarados to charti berry.

There are a few built in synergies that are quite powerful if you know how to use them. The first one is, of course, the sunny day combo of mega houndoom and entei. The ability to set up sunny day and be an overwhelming specially offensive presence and then switch over to entei and be an overwhelming physically offensive presence breaks apart opposing teams. This replay is a good example of what I'm talking about. This next replay is a battle I had for UU Mafia vs Christo. Sunny day mega houndoom takes out the pokemon that is stopping my celebi making him resort to a position where he had to use calm mind cresselia in order to stop my celebi sweep. At that point I fiddled around until I was going to win by either critting him out or stalling his moonlight pp.

Extreme speed spam is another tactic this HO loves to deploy. With burns and rocks damage piling up, it becomes easy to be in the position to just click e speed and win. There is a little more thinking involved by trying to win this way. I have to decide what lives and what dies very carefully so I can bring down the opposing team to a low enough hp value in order to clean up with powerful priority combos. This replay is the only one I could fin that somewhat shows what I am talking about. I got pretty unlucky but still was able to pull out with espeed.

upload_2016-10-9_15-27-20.png (click image for import)
Hoopa Balance is hazard stacking balance with a spin blocker that doubles as a stall killer. With salamence stall gone, few faster pokemon are used on stall that can deal with hoopa. While I saw a lot of krookodiles on suspect ladder, I also saw a whole lot of bronzongs, cresselias, and metagross, so I felt that I should make this team and see how effective hoopa can be. Hoopa balance is simple to use. I get up hazards and prevent removal. After some time, hoopa, infernape, or kyurem cleans up. A few changes the team went through were nasty plot to calm mind on hoopa, roar to t wave on mega aggron, and t-spikes to acid spray on tentacruel. I tried having ice punch over eq on aggron, but changed it back. Hoopa rarely gets to use nasty plot except against stall and I found calm mind to be more effective in that situation. This team loses to cm ice beam suicune without acid spray on tentacruel which is a recent change from t spikes which still can be useful.

I have a few high ladder rank battles around the 1700s mark. Unfortunately not all of them saved for some reason. This replay is against some krookodile offense where I get his spinner low and stack hazards. A little bit of luck puts me back into a winning position after a bad lead choice. I had to conserve my hoopa so I couldn't get swept but his mienshoa while he still had a krookodile. Played fine and pulled out. This replay showcases more hazard stack against a bulkyer team without hazard removal. I had a rough time not predicting the correct conkeldurr set, but was able to widdle the opposing team down and clean up with hoopa. Last replay is against some volt turn craziness. I had to make some risky switches in order to stay in the game. In the end, infernape was able to clean up.

Cyndequil. I hope these teams are fitting for your thread. If you have any questions, you can usually fin me in the tournaments room.

I've got a stall team for you, that I've had fairly good success with.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Psyshock

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat
- Toxic

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws
- Fire Fang

The different types and defensive properties of florges and alomomola allow you to switch in a staller against almost any pokemon safely, and thanks to wish the bulky line up you have here can be kept alive the entire game. This replay explains it pretty well, I tried to explain some in chat during it too. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-454124613
M-dactyl doesn't see any time during this game, but basically he exists to kill bulky wallbreakers when needed.

I also feel it's worth mentioning that while he does seem to quit with a lot of pokemon left in that replay, darm was going to die on switch in, cres was badly poisoned, the others would be poisoned on switch, and both cres and jolteon had their items removed by alomomola, leaving him no chance at actually winning.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pink Mania

Hello, this is a stall team I made today based around Blissey, Alomomola and Mandibuzz. It is quite solid with a few weaknesses, like if Krook pursuits Blissey then im quite open to Specs Sylveon and Specs Kyurem or any other hard hitting special attackers which isn't Hydreigon. In theory the team should have a check for every mon but it struggles with SubCM Chandelure as Blissey can't touch it if it has a Sub up. Florges runs EV's to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt as otherwise it can be a huge pain for my team.

PINK FISH (Alomomola) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

PINK BLOB (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

PINK BIRD (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
- Defog

PINK JELLY (Jellicent) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

PINK FLOWER (Florges) @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

COLOR BLIND SHHH (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

For more in-depth reasoning go to my RMT http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pink-mania.3585243/#post-7044001

E: I've won 2 tours with this team and I've gotten to 1611 on ladder.

Last edited:

Lixx

Banned deucer.

King Troller had made the original version of the team. I want to shout him out and suggest his name be added to the team alongside my own. While changing some of the original sets he had in place, such as seed bomb on celebi (it originally had zen headbutt). Changing some of the EV sets as well, doesn't change the fact that the original is technically his.

Okay to tell you about this team a little bit.

I think it's very friendly for the sample team, if they understand the concept of baton pass. It's definitely a team to use if you want to play a lot of games in a short amount of time. I would say my win ratio all around with this team is probably a little over 75%.

I chose to use a dedicated lead of focus sash oblivious mamoswine. Not a lot of people expect that kind of set anymore so it's a pretty solid choice to use now that azelf has gone for asap rocks. endeavor ice shard combo works wonders. if the sash is still in tact mamo can actually take out 1/3 of a team, upwards of 1/2 if they're dumb.

I chose to go with a bulkier celebi and forego thunder wave for sucker punch. at +2 I ohko megabee. Not a lot of ppl really expect the sucker. I'm not hard countered by bulletproof as well.

Running a standard weakness policy i'll touch on that with my other mons.

Sharpedo is naive in this instance of not being walled by mons like chesnaught. +2 Icebeam has the chance to ohko after rocks. It kills out sceptile without the boost, and ohkos hydreigon after rocks. Everything else on him is standard.

Entei is very nice on any celebi pass team. +2 Extreme speed sweeps are how I win most of my games. At times its annoying vs a bulkier team that has a cleric and a magron to protect and stall me out of PP but entei gets the job done whether its early game or late game. Taking up to 3 mons with it at times if its early game.

Tent is here for the toxic spikes and to have a soft check to opposing enteis. Ensuring I can spin away and absorb hazards. It doesn't play too huge of a roll but I prefer it to say a swampert.

Lastly I'm running scarf hydreigon. It's a good mon in it of itself but the +2 it can potentially get from weakness policy really threatens other teams as I can come in and drop two dracos in a row, or simply proceed to click dark pulse.

It's by no means the perfect team, let alone the perfect bp pass. I do however really enjoy it.

While I lack answers to scarf hydreigon, any hydreigon for that matter as I have to try to play around it and will most likely lose a mon in the process (usually tent) and revenge kill it, or take it out later. Most HO teams have trouble with more than a few mons and have to take the own users personal skill level into account.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
Bold Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon

EVs: 204 HP / 206 Def / 98 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray
- Scald

Last edited:
I'm gonna drop a team here that had a lot of success during PSPL (I went 2-1, wasn't the best record ever but I think that it's good)

Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpA / 108 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Defog

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

This team is really, really good. I built it for PSPL Week 2 and 3 and I won those games versus two tough players. It's a team that I built around Stealth Rock Celebi, that functions very well as a Stealth Rock setter because it defeats the most common hazard removal Pokémon in the tier - Tentacruel. Having STAB Leaf Storm boosted by Meadow Plate is really nice and it does a ton of damage, even to Pokémon that resist it like Hydreigon and Entei. Psychic defeats Fighting- and Poison-types and U-Turn gives me momentum. I added Empoleon because I dislike having no ways to deal with Sylveon, and it's a soft check to dangerous Pokémon right now such as Celebi and Hydreigon, access Defog is fine too. Hydreigon gets past frail teams in the late game and it allows me to check non-Dazzling Gleam Celebi (since Shadow Ball is getting much more popularity right now) and it gives me an Entei "switch-in". Mega Swampert has a really nice synergy with Celebi since it pivots in Fire-types and allows me to setup Rain Dance and give a lot of trouble to my opponent since it's really hard to stop Mega Swampert with a huge support from Celebi and Hydreigon to defeat bulky waters. Entei wallbreaks everything and it loves Celebi's U-Turn support to switch-in Pokémon like Forretress and Cresselia to wallbreak. Last but not least, we have Double Dance Cobalion that is really good at the moment since it acts as a cleaner and a late game sweeper. It's presence on this team is invaluable because this team is lacking several ways to deal with Fighting-types and it helps me a lot with this weakness since it's typing is always allowing it to take Dark-type hits from Mega Sharpedo, Hydreigon and Krookodile.

Replays:

Versus Stall for PSPL Week 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-394858944
Versus Manipulative for PSPL Week 3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-396082446

The team is really solid overall and this is why I'm posting it here. Hope you enjoyed it!

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cyndequil promised me likes if I posted here.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Heavy Slam
- Volt Switch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Roost

Standard Fairy-Water-Steel balance with two boosting sweepers/wallbreakers and a Mega Aerodactyl to clean up. This team is fairly easy to use and forgiving of mistakes. For more information, see here.

EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

EVs: 116 HP / 200 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Acid Spray

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake

This is an offense team that wears down opposing teams through pressure from Krookodile, Entei, Celebi, and Cobalion so that Mega Aerodactyl can sweep, although anything on the team can serve as a win condition in the right situation. Tentacruel lures and KOs annoying Pokemon, such as Entei, Krookodile, and Mamoswine while also providing some safety against threats such as Infernape and Cobalion. Feel free to run Dazzling Gleam on Tentacruel to lure Hydreigon and another coverage option on Celebi if you prefer. X-Scissor on Cobalion beats Cresselia for Aerodactyl. This team seems weak to Ground-types, but Celebi, Shuca Berry Cobalion, and fast Tentacruel are usually enough to pressure most Ground-types. Between Krookodile and Tentacruel, this team isn't too worried about hazards, either. This team requires the user to maintain offensive pressure on the opponent, and thus correct prediction and risk-reward analysis is important to get the most out of this team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Acid Spray

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

I stole the current meta's most standard bulky offense team from Accelgor, but it's not really plagiarism since we're practically the same person. Anyway, the team was built according to the incredibly creative and hitherto-unforeseen bulky offense formula of Choice Band Krookodile, Choice Specs Sylveon, Nasty Plot Celebi, Mega Aerodactyl, filler, filler, where the filler slots include an Entei check, a Fairy check, Stealth Rock, and hazard control. Choice Band Krookodile and Choice Specs Sylveon break down teams while also providing some defensive utility through typing and Intimidate. Celebi handles bulky Water-types and completes the destruction of fat teams. Mega Aerodactyl provides a fast revenge killer and way to threaten offense teams, while Swampert and Tentacruel provide useful bulk and utility options.

Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 240 HP / 24 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Knock Off / Roar

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

The team works pretty similarly to the bee volturn that dodmen built but is bulkier and focuses on bee / rotom creating opportunities for entei to burn things. The defensive backbone is the tried and true empoleon+gligar which covers a huge amount of threats and compresses hazard removal, stealth rocks, and tons of utility in U-turn and Knock Off or Roar. These 2 get blown away by mamoswine so Cresselia was added also as a general fight resist and something to handle conkeldurr. The set can be changed to thunder wave with lunar dance but I like calm mind and feels it works great with the team. Rotom-Mow brings more speed to the team, a secondary water resist, a decent answer to bulky CMers with trick, and most importantly something to handle gyarados. Despite losing in slam due to some bad luck the team had success on ladder and in majors.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Polish

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

Metagross @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

This team works like any HO where you utilize different breakers and set up sweepers to create opportunities for something to sweep. The team has a pretty good match up or at least neutral match up vs all play styles due to the nature of the team being so offensive and pressuring the opponent immensely. Coba, Gyara, Pert, and Gross all share checks and teams at most will have 1-2 answers. Hydreigon brings some defensive utility by being able to switch into scalds and threaten to drop a draco and it sports the AoA set which is guaranteed to either get a kill or damage something hard every game. Azelf used to be in aero's place but it's just there to set rocks. The movesets are pretty standard but on the first draft gyara had charti berry to lure aero but lum helps set up on things that try to burn you.

Last edited:

Tirishia

Banned deucer.
I made 6 versions of a choice banded mienshoa team. I have won room tours with 4 of these teams. Got top 100 on ladder just testing them. They are all pretty solid while providing a unique productivity individually. Enjoy.

Original - Choice Banded Mienshoa Balance

The inspiration for building this team came from the pure power output of a choice banded mienshao. While there are a lot of bulky sylveon with protect right now, I feel that I composed a team that disposes of these mienshao counters while keeping an appropriate synergy to deal with the rest of UU's threats. Let me go further in depth of the pokemon on this team.

I started out with mienshoa, of course. It wasn't hard choosing between flying type coverage or fairy coverage since sylveon is incredibly common at the moment and people are choosing mandibuzz as their flying type. Poison jab is a guaranteed 2hko on bold sylveon even after protect. Surprisingly enough I hardly ever use it. I find it much safer to just HJK and get 40% off. My thought process behind krookodile was to pursuit trap ghost types. As I began building the rest of the team, krookodile became far more useful synergistically. Health and power are both important for krookodile, so I went with the black glasses set in the analysis. Slowking is a pokemon I dread to use with celebi being so common, but it fits well providing an easy switch into threats like mega aerodactyl, entei, and other mienshao. I debated for a while whether t-wave or calm mind would be better. After further testing, I found calm mind to be far more useful especially against bulky offence. Hydreigon dracos everything. I added offensive whimsicott to combat that some. It also works as a better check than slowking for offensive water types. Fairy resists are important. Crobat has some really nice offensive pressure. It also has defog and is immune to pesky ground types. At this point, I already wanted specially defensive mega aggron. I looked at the analysis and found the curse set. I have been using this set for the past few days, and it is very underrated. Pursuit trap doublade: Aggron wins. One shot mega blastoise with HJK: Aggron wins. I think what makes it good is that no one is accounting for it.

I can't say this is the best version of the banded mienshoa teams I made, but it is probably the safest. Going on ladder knowing there is going to be some stupid weird sets, hax, and opponents that I can't predict, I would be comfortable using this team because it not only accounts for the normal threats, but it can safely deal with the weird crap too. Going on from here, I am going to introduce the pros and cons of the changes I made to each team, put up some replays, and leave it at that.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-474095639
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-474100314
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Whimsicott (F) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

2.0 - Choice Banded Mienshoa Balance (Anti- Bulky Water)

One of the bigger issues with the original was that it relied heavily on slowking set up and beating out bulky water types. With mega sceptile in place of whimsicott, this team now has the ability to pressure and dispose of bulky water types. The addition of empoleon relieves pressure from scarfed hydreigon just like whimsicott would have. Empoleon can also be a better defogger than crobat, so I changed crobat's set to choice band. People seem to have a negative look on putting the same item on two or more pokemon on a single team. I don't know why that is. It's fine. We are not playing battlespot. I do, however, contemplate whether a choice scarf would be better on mienshoa on this team specifically. There have been many games where I was thankful to be banded, so I have never changed it. Play this version aggressively. Go for burns on bulky things like cresselia and mandibuzz. Once those are out of the way, proceed to spam brave bird, HJK, and dragon pulse to finish up the game. Mandibuzz is going to come in on krookodile a lot. Knock off the item, even if its just a rocky helmet (makes it easier for crobat to click moves). Getting mandibuzz low enough allows this team to win.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-477635863
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-477641282
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Crobat @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Pursuit

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roar
- Ice Beam

3.0 - Choice Banded Mienshoa Bulky Offense (Win Conditions)

This is probably the best version of all of these. I traded whimsicott for celebi and slowking for suicune. When you trade out a fairy type for a psychic type, you get a lot weaker to hydreigon. Mega aggron is my switch into scarf hydreigon. That or I can set up suicune once and not worry about it. Despite this downfall, the team performs very well and I am very comfortable using it. Mienshao gets a surprise kill, and then something can sweep. It is that simple. Celebi is the star of this team. Nastyplot in combination with life orb and giga drain allows it to break through things like blissey and snorlax. Suicune is a set I found in the analysis that fits all my needs. I wanted rest for entei, calmmind for hydreigon and mega houndoom, and roar for pokemon that like to set up along side suicune. All in all, I broke apart the core some in order to provide a more offensive build.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-476502897
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar

Celebi @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

Aggron @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

4.0 - Choice Banded Mienshoa Balance (Anti- Heliolisk)

Heliolisk is a massive pain to deal with on most of these teams. This one is orientated to better combat fast special attackers. Florges gives this team a better spdef backbone than sylveon or whimsicott can provide. The natural speed also means I don't get run over by poison jab conkeldurr. Calm mind is a great win condition with florges since krookodile will be trapping fire and steel types that prevent the sweep. Crobat now has acrobatics because I don't like krookodile being my krookodile counter. Mega Arggron is back to its old impish set since my krookodile is now choice scarfed. Slowking is back to help with bulky water types and resist eneti moves. I worked on this team a ton because it is my least favorite out of the six and I wanted to imporve it. I'm fairly happy with it now. There was a lot of last minute changes to this one, so I don't have any replays. Overall, this team is a very safe build. Its nice to find a reason to use florges over sylveon.
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Slowking @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Florges-White @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Crobat
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

5.0 - Choice Banded Mienshoa Offense (Big Threats)

I wanted to experiment with dumping krookodile. Mega swampert makes my ground type an excellent late game sweeper. Hydreigon is added to take sacred fires scalds. The surprise flash cannon wears down sylveon for mienshao and the dark typing allows me to not get swept by chandelure. Whimsicott is now bulky to compensate for the lack of aggron. It works great as a support for the other big threats on the team to overcome speed barriers and prevents opposing set up sweepers from destroying this team. Empoleon is the best substitute I really have for aggron. With whimsicott on the team, I had the option to make empoleon a more offensive variant. The shuca berry set with rocks over defog was too tempting to pass up. I really enjoy using this team. I feel like I am always one step ahead when facing my opponent. This version lacks set up sweepers making it weak versus bulky teams. I play my crobat and whimsicott very well in those match ups to prevent bulky pokemon from keeping their hp value high.
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Swampert @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Flash Cannon

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

6.0 - Choice Banded Mienshoa Balance (Fighting Spam)

Once again, I chose the route of swampert over krookodile, but this time, I wanted to use defensive swampert. This change allowed me freedom to make that third slot pretty much anything I wanted. I really wanted a set up sweeper that is not afraid of scald. Although toxicroak may seem a little redundant, it holds a special spot on this team. It's speed and power prevents a lot of risky decisions I might take in order to simply revenge kill a pokemon. The real perk is switching into empoleon and suicune. Whimsicott is bulky again. Stun spore support is important now that my pursuit trapper is gone. I don't need whimsicott to be offensive. The team performs really well which is surprising to me because I did find everything about it to be redundant. Every pokemon serves its role very well and accommodates others to theirs properly. I found myself sweeping a lot with mega aggron on this team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-477668402
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-477655641
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-477663186
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-477676258
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

Aggron @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Time to dump some Sparrow, ladder God † teams.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Defog

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Crobat @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Celebi, Conkeldurr & Sylveon had just dropped and people were losing their minds. So I wanted to build a defensive core which had little issue switching into the Pixilate boosted bombs it was dropping all over the meta - enter Empoleon + Arcanine. Empoleon is the glue of the team, special type attacks bouncing off it's body, roaring at Calm Mind users and controlling hazards are its game. Very important to keep it around for the long run. Arcanine is a nice Entei switch-in, it's self sufficient with Morning Sun and spreads burns, nice for switching into physical attackers. The core had major issues with Celebi and lacked any form of offensive presence, so I decided to give Choice Specs Hydreigon a whirl alongside Band Bat. Band Bat being the primary grass type switch in, with Sleep Talk, and Hydreigon being there to drop Draco's all over the meta (no switch-ins). Forming a really great U-turn core to boot, nothing can take attacks from either Hydregion and Crobat in the meta. Conkeldurr is an incredibly handy status absorber for the team, also priority in Mach Punch is cool vs stuff such as Lucario, Helio, M-Sharpedo etc. Originally I was running Rock Polish M-Aggron for memes, but the set proved to be underwhelming (don't run it), so I settled for Curse, seeing as I already had hazards, it was the natural choice. M-Aggron actually beats Bulk Up Conkeldurr 1v1, it's also really nice having a second specially defensive Steel Type on the team. Conkeldurr and M-Aggron also do well at breaking down checks and counters for each other. Watch out for other defensive set-up Pokemon + powerful wall breaking Pokemon such as Band Entei, Specs Hydreigon, Band Conkeldurr etc. Other than that the team functions really well and is quite straight forward!

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Sceptile-Mega (F) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Snore
- Rest

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Roar
Posted this team previously; but wasn't accepted - lack of concise explanation. Looks janky af on paper but it's bought me a ton of quite effective once put into practice. Firstly, if you see opposing Entei's; lead Krookodile 100% of the time - Pursuit is a good move. Main focus is to spread paralysis, and sweep with Calm Mind Sylveon, Krookodile is there to break walls; and M-Sceptile to break stalls. Blissey is the teams dedicated special wall, rock setter, status absorber and one of the paralysis inducers. If you really want: Seismic Toss > Ice Beam - it's nice vs Krookodile, Crobat, Mandibuzz (+ rocks damage) switch-ins. Alongside Blissey, Gyarados is the physical wall; with paralysis supports it's quite the effective stall breaker, and is the teams only pHazer for set-up Pokemon such as Lucario, Conkeldurr etc. Choice Band Krookodile is straight forward, merits include: double intimidate core alongside Gyarados, Pursuit trap + lack of switch-ins. M-Sceptile is nice for bulky Water Type Pokemon, it's a nice offensive threat to pull up vs fast teams and SubSeed is incredibly underrated with Spike stack. Most walls can do little to nothing vs M-Sceptile if it has Leech Seed against them and is behind a Substitute, which is easy enough to achieve by forcing out their bulky Water. Forretress is the hazard controller, Heavy Slam 2hkos fairies (Gyro has shitty PP too), and Earthquake is for the Tentacruel + Entei lure (don't knock until you try it) which chunks a ton of HP on the switch. Calm Mind Sylveon on its own can beat stall 1v1, it also alleviates Gyarados as another Pokemon that Fighting Types must worry about. Speed on Sylveon is for Crawdaunt mainly and rest in bulk provides greater survivability. Teams main weakness is how easily Gyarados is worn down, also Celebi (paralysis + Krook kinda helps), niche Pokemon such as Swords Dance Stone Edge Cobalion are also a pain. This team requires a deeper knowledge of the metagame and requires the user to make predictions on forced doubles. I highly recommend using this team, if you can learn to use this well you will have learned how to play against most of the meta.

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
M-Abomasnow is a cool Pokemon to switch-in versus Sylveon, with Sound Proof, when in regular form and set-up for free. Krookodile + Tentacruel form a very standard hazard core, Taunt Rocky Helmet Krookodile is great versus opposing hazards setters and speedy Tentacruel is nice versus Pokemon that expect it to be slower, such as Entei, Krookodile, Mamoswine, Nidos etc. (Bulky Tentacruel can also be run, as well as Hydro Pump - for the guaranteed KO versus offensive Ground Pokemon). Sylveon is the teams Cleric and Fighting Type switch-in. Banded Conkeldurr exists to break down opposing teams and create significant damage for a M-Abomasnow sweep - Band Mach Punch sweeps are also quite satisfying to pull off. Rotom-Heat adds some speed to the team: Pokemon such as Gyarados are a threat and Tricking Choice Scarf onto walls and CM users, generating set-up opportunity for M-Abomasnow. M-Abomasnow also appreciates Wish + Cleric support from Sylveon, meaning it can come in versus bulky Water Types and not be as afraid of Burns. aim featured this team on his YouTube channel whilst laddering for reqs during the Hydreigon suspect.

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thought I'd go ahead and drop some teams here as well :P.

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Superpower
- Tailwind

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock

Definitely one of my favorite teams to use throughout ORAS. Unfortunately, it was built for the Hydrei-less meta and is quite vulnerable to Hydrei, but there is definitely room to play around it. For instance, switching Metagross into predicted Dracos, switching Mienshao into Dark Pulse, Outspeeding it with Mienshao no matter what, and outspeeding with most members under Tailwind. The basic idea behind the team was Tailwind Torn + immediate power. I originally wanted Mienshao to be Banded, since its HJK would have even more monstrous power, but the team definitely needed some speed outside of Tailwind to be able to function. The team is meant to be played pretty aggressively, and you'll be able to play around the vast majority of matchups you'll find if you're playing it correctly. Tornadus not only acts as support with Tailwind, but also as a powerhouse on its own since not many things in this tier like to switch into Hurricane. Superpower is for Blissey and allows Torn to be a huge threat to almost any stall team. Iron Tail was an option for the last attack, but I find Heat Wave to be really useful and the rest of the team manages to put a good amount of pressure on Sylveon. CB Krook is always a threat and fit on this team just fine. MStoise provided power to abuse with tailwind, as well as hazard removal and a fire resist. There are times when I would wish I had Celebi over Rose, but Rose fits on this team better overall. It has more immediate power and provides the team with a grounded Poison-type to remove TSpikes, and pressures Sylveon. Metagross was a clear fit for the final slot. It gave the team a Stealth Rocker, flying resist, an additional soft check to Aero, a lot of pressure against Sylveon, Priority, and the immediate power that the team needs. Explosion also fits perfectly for this type of team, as it allows you to often swap kills, as well as keep Stealth Rocks up most of the time. The biggest problem this team faces by far is the abundance of inaccurate moves, but it's very efficient when those moves actually do hit lol. It's also really fun anyways, so try it out :D!

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch

Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Crobat
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Defog

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

This is a neat team that I built alongside Christo. for Week 1 of LTPL. We started off with a really threatening core of Entei and BU Conk. With a core like this, a team has to be quite sturdy to not be threatened by at least one of those two. We had a good idea of where the team was going from that point. MScept came in as the obligatory answer to Waters. We decided to run HP Bug on it since Celebi can be really annoying for this team. Pert came in for its usual reasons; being a great fire resist, Stealth Rocker, Aero check, phazer, and so on. Bat provided the team with a Beedrill switch in, hazard removal, and additional pressure against Sylveon. And then Sylveon came in for the final slot as a glue for the team. It gave us our Draco switch in and wish support for the rest of the team. Overall, it's a really solid team. It has worked really well on the ladder for both of us, and also ended up getting both of us a win for Week 1 :D.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Leech Seed / Shadow Ball

Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect
- U-turn

Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Heavy Slam

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

I started off this team with NP Celebi and MBee. I ended up giving Celebi Leech Seed so that it could place more pressure on stall. I added CB Nape to finish off the first half of the balance core. The reason I'm using it over Entei is because it's able to outspeed Celebi and grab momentum with U-turn. Both Nape and MBee are fine to switch into Celebi after volt switching with Forry. Speaking of which, Forry came in because it not only added to the VolTurn core, but also gave the team Spikes and a switch-in to Sylveon. From there, I added Sylv as the mandatory Draco switch-in and Wish + Heal Bell support. Swampert was the obvious choice for the last slot, as it added an electric immunity, fire resist, Stealth Rocker, Phazer, and Aero switch-in. How this team functions is pretty self explanatory. Celebi, MBee, and CB Nape are used to break down the opposing team, while Forry, Sylv, and Pert provide a solid defensive backbone to fall back on.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So with ORAS coming to an end I figured I can drop a team.

Toxapex Pre-Evo (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze / Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Rest

Eggcelent (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft Boiled
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball / Heal Bell

Jellicent @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
- Hex / Scald

NOT CHESnoid (Chesnaught) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis / Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch / Wood Hammer

Need 4 Steel (Aggron-Mega) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

FLOWER POWER (Florges-Orange) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic / Calm Mind / Wish
- Synthesis / Protect
- Moonblast

This Stall team has gone through a lot of testing and the only pokemon that has been on this team the whole time has been Chesnaught. The team is quite strong as it tries to weaken the opposing Defogger / Spiker with Roar, Scald Burns and Leech Seed from Aggron, Tenta and Jelli and Chesnaught respectively. The team doesn't lose to a lot of set-up sweepers as Unaware Quag + Blissey takes care of a lot of them. You can also switch Rest on Tentacruel with Haze if you're really paranoid about NP Infernape, SubCM Chandelure or CroCune / VinCune. I use Heal Bell and Aromatherapy as I have Rest on three pokemon so it is good that I have 16 PP of status removal instead of 8. Florges is my WinCon as well as my BU Conk answer. With this team I've been in and around top 100 on leaderboards.

Last edited:
Procrastinating hw again so i'll post my most consistent/fav ladder teams of ORAS UU

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 176 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Quick Attack

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 96 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Substitute

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

(originally was specs sylveon)
This team is based around either a Mega Aero sweep or SD Cobalion sweep
Banded entei and sylveon work to weaken (and cripple in Entei's case) checks to Cobalion and Aero including but not limited to Tentacruel, Doublade, Foretress, Suicune, Gligar etc.
Sylveon weakens bulky steels and tentacruel for cobalion and aero. Pixie plate can be swapped for leftovers and the generic support build, but i like this odd set for still weakening for cobalion while also providing team support. You can kinda bluff specs sometimes, and pixie plate quick attack can be nice chip damage for certain situations
0- Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 184-220 (56.6 - 67.6%) lol
Entei weakens/cripples bulky waters for the two and is generally just a good mon, Espeed is nice too
SD rocks Celebi serves as general support/wall for a lot of mons as well as another Stallbreaker. I believe the spread is enough to take two ice punches from mega swampert and LO dark pulse from hydreigon. Speed was enough for neutral base 80s (mamoswine basically) although you can add more speed to creep more mons. celebi is also the dedicated water resist, and as such often finds free turns to set up rocks. Rocks also bluffs other support sets so most people won't expect SD. once they see SD and rocks, some people would also think it could be baton pass, which before it was banned could very well be the case, especially given the physical nature of the team. obviously at this point BP is banned so that bluff doesn't work, but SD seed bomb is still really good against most stall teams without mandibuzz basically. although it's weak to burn, it pressures blissey much faster, and if suicune manages to get a bunch of calm mind boosts already, celebi doesn't have to nasty plot like 3 times before doing real damage.
Aero is hone claws + aqua tail to be a sweeper that can weaken Krook and gligar, weakening Krook is good for entei and celebi, and weakened gligar is obviously good for cobalion. Its also same BP as Aerial ace in case you don't want to predict around swampert and is more accurate than stone edge vs opposing enteis. The team is a bit weak to opposing cobalion so Aqua tail can be replaced with EQ.
Cobalion is standard, with sub as 4th move to be better for taking advantage of stall as well as free turns to do damage when you cant sweep yet and don't want to predict. Sub is also good for blocking will-o-wisp from defensive arcanine which is also annoying for this team.
Gligar is a defensive check to Krook, cobalion, secondary Mega Bee check, and general wall and pivot. I opted out of rocks so i could run defog and u turn, defog for supporting aero and entei, and u turn because gligar is such a good pivot.
Weaknesses:
Cobalion
: usually just pray gligar doesn't get flinched down
Entei: u either lead well vs it (aero) or hope gligar doesn't get burned, or predict well and switch in to ur own entei on the sacred fire and grab momentum from there.
Defensive Arcanine: have to play around willo, aero is the only thing that can threaten it immediately, altho smart bluffing with cobalion can sometimes nab u some SDs
Moltres: this piece of shit popped up out of nowhere and is incredibly annoying to deal with, specs chunks the team and defensive walls the two stall breakers of this team. bulky cleric sylveon offers a better matchup
offensive Suicune with signal beam: lol celebi is ded
stall with Mandibuzz: have to pray cobalion can pull off the sweep bc foul play hard walls celebi

Usually u wanna lead with Entei or Aero to either immediately start pressuring or to get the mega off ASAP to outspeed/speedtie opposing Aero and other megas.

another variation of this team has banded Krook over entei, as it cripples by knocking off items instead of burns. They also cripple slightly different mons and both have their pros and cons so

Other than that this is one of my favorite teams to ladder with as its a solid balance(???? or bulky offense idk) that can deal with most play styles including stall which is always satisfying to beat.
:^)

Dope this thread is open again. Here is the team I've used to ladder to rank 4 on the ladder, get reqs in the Hydreigon suspect test, and win room tours with. I promised to post it in some shape or form and I'm too lazy to make a full RMT so here it is. Those who know me probably have seem me use this team a lot, and I use it because it's a very effective build.

It's a bulky offensive team centered around getting Entei and Crawdaunt in as many times as possible to spam attacks, utilizing pivots and volt-turn to get them in safely.Very effective laddering team for ORAS UU. I particularly enjoy CM snore Sylveon as it is heavily underprepared for by the majority of balanced teams (which steel type has reliable recovery?) as you can just wear down their mega aggron or bulky steel type and win with Sylveon. Celebi is needed because this team is way too slow otherwise and really struggles against DD Gyrados (plus healing with is nice with tentacruel to remove sacred fire burns). Cobalion helps with Aerodactyl (why I am running a shuca berry) and provides hazards, while getting in my breakers with volt switch.

Enjoy.

M. Robespierre (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Snoop Dogg (Entei) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Yōsei (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Snore
- Rest

Alpha Metroid (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Athos (Cobalion) @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Cele-bae (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Replays:

Vs. Kreme: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-483536967.
Vs. Notewire: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-480934080.
Vs. King UU: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-475312024.
Vs. Pearl: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-469510373.
Vs. Jeran: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-484804477 (Smogon tournament room -- finals. CM Snore Sylveon is actually so good).

Can add more replays if requested.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)