UU OMs Mega Thread

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-619457141
this is dumb. this was the finals on an OM roomtour and red orb spam won, this is so stupid.
you can just blindly spam red orb and win. he had a FF grass type, specifically to stop pdon, and i 2hko w/ brave bird this is so stupid.
please ban red orb.
The Immortal can I ask that Red Orb and Kangaskhanite be banned from BH UU? I'm not entirely sure how the tiering process works for these, but pretty much everyone I've talked to about this agrees that these two mons are really broken.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Synthesis / Solar Blade
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create

Red Orb Groudon has very few decent defensive answers which it can very easily lure, is bulky enough to check half the meta and very easily set up, Imposter can't switch into it reliably, and it's just generally just not very healthy for the metagame.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Night Shade
- Extreme Speed
- Shore Up

Mega Kangaskhan is kept in check in regular BH by its middling speed tier, an abundance of very powerful offensive threats that can force it out, and the prevalence of both viable Ghost-types and Normal-types, forcing it to choose between running Night Shade and Seismic Toss. BH UU is a much slower metagame, making Kanga's base 100 speed a lot better. Offensive Pokemon in BH UU generally don't hit quite as hard, making Kanga harder to offensively pressure, and there are practically no viable Normal-types besides Kanga itself, meaning that Kanga can just 2HKO the whole metagame with Nature's Madness + Night Shade. Kanga single-handedly makes defensive playstyles unviable, and still pretty reliably gets 1 or 2 kills against very offensive teams.
Regarding bans and stuff:

• Ban Kangashkanite: MAMP said it all: outspeeds almost everything while being able to beat faster -ate users one on one, and lack of benemoths like Giratina / Zygarde-C means every Nature's Madness is going to cripple a wall that is not AV Regen.
  • Ban V-create: This is already a serious issue in regular BH meta because every -ate users just slap in this cash money into their movelot and call it a day. Steel-types can't reliably check -ate users because of this. I know banning a moev in BH is something unusual outsides stuff like Chatter and CFZ's but next to nothing can handle mixed wallbreaker with this move unless you decide to run Flash Fire Steel-type like I did.
  • Unban Lugia, Marshadow, and Deoxys-Speed: Lugia is passive AF while having weakness to Stealth Rock / Knock Off / Pursuit and stuf, Marshadow is powerless and don't compare Normalize set to Gengar please; 125 Attack is much easier to manage than 170 SpAtk. Deoxys-Speed has 0 offensive presence and suicide leads are checked p much the same way in UU BH as in regular BH tier.
Later
with bh snek draft, bh uu is more relevant so i'd like these issues to be addressed. red orb and kangaskhanite seem to be the main offenders here and no one seems to be opposed to their ban so far. assuming there's no legitimate anti ban arguments, i think actions need to be taken to ban these two broken bois

I think with pdon being banned in BH it will be sorted out automatically as people will most likely use red orb, how ever if not a ban might want to be considered as it is by far one of the strongest mons in the meta as well as being fairly tanky, with kangaskhan you forgot to mention one of the strong things about it in your post, while it is stated in a way but the scary thing about it is the permanent illusion once it mega evolves.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I think with pdon being banned in BH it will be sorted out automatically as people will most likely use red orb,
I'm not trying to be rude but I have no idea about what are you trying to say on this part

how ever if not a ban might want to be considered as it is by far one of the strongest mons in the meta as well as being fairly tanky, with kangaskhan you forgot to mention one of the strong things about it in your post, while it is stated in a way but the scary thing about it is the permanent illusion once it mega evolves.
SL42 did not "forget" to mention about Mega Kangaskhan, it is just that people who play BH UU have universal hatred on Mega Kangaskhan being a threat that runs rampant in the metagame where most of the faster threats are in the banlist (Mega Ray, MMY, MMX, Mega Diancie, etc) and it can just take out 75% of anything by pressing Nature's Madness. With no Pokemon with colossal HP like Giratina / Zygarde-C in the meta, dealing with this 'mon is obviously hard and that is why there was no need for him to be repetitive about Mega Kangaskhan when its issues are already widely known.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not trying to be rude but I have no idea about what are you trying to say on this part
i'm pretty sure that they're saying that more people will use red orb don in normal bh, thus moving it out of bh uu. that might happen but we can't just assume the best

how do things get banned from bh uu anyway like who's in charge of this stuff? there needs to be someone making decisions for reasons i outlined in my last post.

i'm pretty sure that they're saying that more people will use red orb don in normal bh, thus moving it out of bh uu. that might happen but we can't just assume the best

how do things get banned from bh uu anyway like who's in charge of this stuff? there needs to be someone making decisions for reasons i outlined in my last post.
as of rn its just TI, and the only things that are banned are things that are above that usage cutoff. i do, however, think that there should be some sort of council for each of these metas for emergency bans on things that seem to defeat the purpose of the meta, like red orb.

There needs to be a viability ranking for the om uu's as it would allow for some order possibly by polls?
This would allow for a general idea of what the meta game looks like as it stands for om uu's we only know the really good things for instance Red orb Groudon in bhuu and maybe arceus in mnmuu, though I don't know for 100% sure about the arceus thing.

Is there anyway IT could have a poll or something whether to ban groudon with red orb or not?

Also who plays om uu's? like is there a way to tell?

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There needs to be a viability ranking for the om uu's as it would allow for some order possibly by polls?
This would allow for a general idea of what the meta game looks like as it stands for om uu's we only know the really good things for instance Red orb Groudon in bhuu and maybe arceus in mnmuu, though I don't know for 100% sure about the arceus thing.

Is there anyway IT could have a poll or something whether to ban groudon with red orb or not?

Also who plays om uu's? like is there a way to tell?
Said metagame leaders can decide to develop their UU OMs if they wish, if they do not want you can take the initiative and approach it with a group of friends and create a draft of Viability and stuff. You can post on this thread if you play an OM UU and wish to have something banned or discussed.

You can ask around and see who plays OMs UU, there's no players list but any players that mains an OM might play the UU version as well. I can speak for 1v1 and say that we host 1v1 UUs tournament occasionally and are developing 1v1 UU resources.

Ok here is my list for mnm uu

A: Arceus-(ghost ground fairy), Arcanine(alternate), Kyoger(scarf)
B:Arceus(normal), Cresselia(sabilite), Whimsicott(pidgeotite), Mienshao(lopunnite)
C: Moltres(red orb), Cobalion(pinserite), Gourgeist-Super(aggronite), Togekiss(red orb, sabilinite)

Thoughts? should certain things be moved maybe things should get fleshed out more also just don't assume something does not work please actually test it out and see how it functions rather then assuming like "oh arceus in mnm uu? Those two should never be together it SOUNDS broken!" or "whimsicott sucks its terrible and annoying it should not even be a pokemon"
What I am trying to say is actually test out and experiement rather then assume that something is bad or good just by thinking about the pokemon.
One last note the reason aggronite buzzwole is not on here is because I consider arcanine to be very powerful and quite splashable as its by far the best speeder in the meta

BHuu is finally fixed awesome!

BHUU sets anyone? Maybe if sets were easier to come by it would be a bit more common?

Last edited by a moderator:
BHUU sets anyone? Maybe if sets were easier to come by it would be a bit more common?
Personally, I dont expect youll find much luck with this for about a week or so. Leading up to yesterday, and continuing until after the first week, top BH players have an incentive to keep BH Uu sets to themself until after theyve played their snake games. Unlike regular BH, where sets will be posted regardless due to playerbass and plenty of mons being unused in the tour, Bh Uu is unexplored enough that there are almost certainly top tier threats that will give a concrete advantage to keep under wraps. Of course, once you play a game with the team that goes away so you might get more mileage there.

On BH UU if stuff that normally required RegenVest Solgaleo are now running around (ex would be MGardevoir), then Megagross is a great alternative with higher attack at the cost of slightly lower defences and being a worse slow pivot thanks to that high 110 Speed.
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Metagross-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 78-92 (21.4 - 25.2%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo in Psychic Terrain: 90-106 (18.8 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Metagross-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 73-87 (20 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Solgaleo in Psychic Terrain: 93-110 (19.4 - 23%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Metagross-Mega Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 175-207 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Solgaleo Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 169-199 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's awesome

also

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Scald
- Quiver Dance
- Spore

I love this set so much you can run steam eruption over it over other kinds of water moves that don't inflict status like for instance revelation dance

Heracross-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Leech Life
- Accelerock
- Swords Dance

this set is awesome too but its shut down by dazzling and such also you can replace accelerrock with ice shard

Zekrom @ Draco Plate
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance

not the best but it works fairly well

Gengar @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Boomburst
- Entrainment
- Shell Smash

basicly mega gengar without the speed and power

opinions? any of the higher tier players maybe?

Changes this month:

- Kartana, Steelix-Mega, Pheromosa, Blaziken-Mega, Heracross-Mega
+ Alakazam-Mega, Swampert-Mega

- Alakazam-Mega, Aegislash
+ Snorlax, Garchomp, Magearna, Primarina

- Shuckle, Breloom, Arcanine, Toxapex
+ Tyranitar, Bisharp

- Genesect, Conkeldurr, Chandelure, Breloom, Chesnaught
+ Swampert, Gyarados, Scizor, Porygon2, Tapu Bulu, Gallade, Hoopa

- Xurkitree, Tangrowth, Ursaring, Shedinja, Porygon2, Shuckle, Slaking, Rhyperior, Ninetales-Alola, Lopunny-Mega, Gardevoir-Mega, Skarmory, Primarina, Comfey, Diancie
+ Excadrill, Porygon-Z, Altaria-Mega, Tapu Fini, Zapdos, Clefable, Tyranitar, Aerodactyl-Mega, Latios, Keldeo, Sceptile-Mega, Chandelure, Aerodactyl

... Dang it heracross is gone XD, arcanine is gone again great... why do tyrantitar and bisharp always switch with shuckle breloom arcanine and toxapex?

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I personally wanted Kartana gone so much... with colossal walls named Giratina / Zygarde-C gone, and with absence of Imposter Chansey, Kartana basically 2HKOs the entire meta with Steelworker or Tinted Lens. Same thing goes for Blaziken which would be nightmare to deal with if Flash Fire users were not opted for.
As of Pheromosa, I really don't mind much because Psychic-spam isn't as prevalent / threatening as it is in regular BH, considering how majority of the Psychic Surge users lack power / doesn't have stellar speed tier and therefore can be checked in various ways, and this diminishes Pheromosa's overall effectiveness.
Mega Swampert will be a good Soundproof user that will be able to handle -ate users thanks to its good bulk as well as resistance to V-create and neutrality to Ground-type moves, and it also will be offensively quite threatening.

MAMP

MAMP!
mega pert being back in uu is definitely a good thing, it's a solid and versatile defensive threat that helps keep a lot of scary mons in check. the loss of mega blaziken and mega heracross makes the fur coat set a bit less relevant but still probably worth using to check mons like zekrom, mega lucario and mega chomp. besides that, its best sets are still soundproof, ph + shift gear, and magic bounce.

losing mega steelix is a bit of a shame, especially as mega zam has just dropped. without lix in the tier, mega zam could probably do quite well with a specsurge volt switch set similar to the one that m2y runs in standard bh.

Maybe Solgaleo will drop because of dusk mane? Also thoughts on Dawn wings, think it will drop down? what about ultra necrozma think it will fall because its totally outclassed by mmy? if so do you think it could do mmy's job for it but in bh uu? Also what about normal steelix or even mega Aggron replacing mega steelix?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)