Updating past analysis?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, even though DPP is the current generation that doesn't mean that RBY, GSC, and ADV shouldn't get their analysis updated a bit. RBY ones especially, though I haven't done much reading on GSC. Would anyone be up for a C&C project to help update these?

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've been meaning to fix a lot of the rby analyses for ages, but I dont find the time to do it. If someone else takes control of the project, I'd like to be able to make a lot of suggestions for things that need to be changed.

Have a nice day.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
The main obstacle to this is that there is not a reliable, commonly used simulator for the older generations. However, if someone is willing to lead this, go ahead.

I wouldn't mind updating these at all! We should try to have quality analyses for every generation anyway, so this is a good opportunity to start rewriting them.

I'd totally be up for this, and if you need help leading it Gen (I'm assuming you are going to lead it), I'd be glad to offer my assistance.

EDIT: I just looked at Aerodactyl's RBY analysis. This is going to be very interesting if you ask me.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess I could lead the project, but since it's a rather large one I would require some help keeping it updated, anyone want to help out?

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
While I think it is worthwhile to update past analyses... the related generations are all but extinct as far as Smogon is concerned. We do not support any simulator with RBY/GSC/ADV. As such, it is difficult to determine what the "current state" of the game might be for any of those games. There simply isn't an active medium and I think this project might be more effective if it is saved for such a time as RBY/GSC/ADV are regularly playable and an afficionado of the older gens is willing to step up to lead the project.

I'd be willing to direct the process if we supported the gens and someone would consult for GSC (which I dislike).

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well we definitely have enough expertise among our members to make these things of a sufficient standard, the only question is if there is anyone with that expertise willing to put aside the time to write these things.

I could accept that while there are no simulators there is no urgency to repair these things, but I dont see an issue with writing about the metagame as it was when there was a simulator. If there is no simulator then the metagame cant have changed..

If there is someone (or multiple people) who wants to take on the project then I'd like to help. But not to the extent of actually rewriting the analyses myself..

Have a nice day.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I can consult as well. I don't think the generations have changed much since I last played them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)