Upcoming zorbees games Mk.III

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Making another thread because bumping the old one seems weird when it was from so long ago. Anyways, Stuff I have:

1. My Bassgame-like that I posted about.

The frustratingly low amount of interest is making me want to put this game on hold for now. I'd still like to host it though, as it is pretty much finished design.

2. Somewhat Standard (but still interesting) Mafia Game.

As many of you probably know, I am a fan of games that maximize the amount of "players"- by that, I mean the number of players thinking for themselves rather than following orders. I've been working on a mafia game that tries to help with this, while keeping the basic spirit of mafia.

This game is a village vs village game first of all, so there is no "mafia" that has all the info and confirmed teammates. Sometimes, being a mafia member causes players to just defer to their more experienced teammates, and not contribute a ton. This shouldn't happen in this game, obviously. Additionally, the villages don't have any roles that can determine alignment. Their info roles consist of ability checks, watchers, trackers, and various other "weak" info roles. This causes a "follow-the-leader" gameplan to be less effective; are you willing to follow a leader if he hasn't been cleaned? Lastly, there is no lynch for players to prove their alignment via public voting. (The fact that there is no lynch also helps prevent one village from steamrolling the other). The combination of these aspects should lead to a lot of skepticism in regards to cleanliness, and force players to come to their own conclusions.

This game is still in design, and I've put it on hold for now. However, I think it has a lot of potential, so I'd like to keep working on it and eventually run it.

3. Survivor/Big Brother Games

I still have these games, but am unsure of interest. I am pretty sure anyone could host (and I could play) with my basic design, just changing a few things such as challenge makeup and twists (for example when/if there is a tribe swap in Survivor).

To be honest, these are on the back burner for now. I have been somewhat busy IRL, and would prefer to focus on my other games first. I don't feel like I would gain too much out of hosting these right now. I'd still like to do so in the future, though.

4. Wacky Mafia

I kind of want to make a mafia game where everything is crazy. I have a few ideas hanging around from old, unfinished games, but I haven't really worked on this seriously at all. I think it'd be fun as hell to host though, because it'd be great watching all of the players go crazy with full knowledge of what is going on. Still, this is the lowest on the priority list.

So yeah, this thread is basically just a heads-up as to what I have been working on and how close that stuff is to actually being ran. If you have any questions/comments, respond.

UncleSam

Leading this village
I like the somewhat standard mafia game idea. Sorry that I'm just not remotely interested in Bassgame-esque if it involves punishments, and there probably isn't enough interest without them to make it worthwhile.

I am not a fan of Survivor style games because I don't think they reward best play (at least to my understanding; I haven't looked into your previous ones at all but I presume they follow the standard survivor model?). Wacky mafia could be good or bad, I'd need a bit more information such as a rules list etc.

Definitely most excited for the standard though. If you want my advice make it <20 players large, it'll greatly improve the flow of the game with the current state of smogon mafia.

i would be down to host a survivor game maybe sometime in the future, imo i think that you get out what you put into it, so while it may not reward best play all the time (especially perhaps with survivor's format) i think that for the most part you do well if you put time into it, and you lose if you idle

i think your standard game sounds really interesting and would be down to play that

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Survivor works well on forums, there's a series of the competitions on another forum which I play in a lot. I'll definitely play in it.

Your somewhat standard mafia also looks really interesting. I think a village vs village could work really well.

LightWolf

lightwoof
While interested in all of those especially the Bass like, I agree on the delay of the Bass like. At least there is enough general activity since a Bass game with inactivity will just be a silly stomp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)