Unova Classic

my team is ambipom/gardevoir/hitmontop/crobat/heatran/gastrodon. gastrodon and heatran love to play against scizor and heatran!!

had the pleasure of knocking out jellicent before it could use trick room with sharpbeak crobat's brave bird + specs gardevoir's dazzling gleam B)
i also knocked out a smeargle that same turn with ambipom's fake out + dazzling gleam. won the battle 4-0 :>

haven't ran into a single terracott team and i battled 24 teams so far. lol

I'm running Politoed/Ludicolo/Scizor/Dragonite/Kabutops/Raichu. Couldn't do jack against a Jellicent/Smeargle/Ferrothorn combo.

Overall, still fun. Getting better each time even when I lost =D

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Finishing up right now, should be at 1621, 24-17. Was cool to have a couple of victories against legit teams under my belt, one against sand, one against a Terracott team.

My final battle was basically a throwaway, as I literally took two turns off in the middle to set up trades, on top of my opponent having plenty of anti-Slowthing ammunition (led with LO Scizor/Lefties Rotom-W/Landorus-T, had Amoongus and Cresselia ready, had Thundurus-T waiting in the wings). So, I decided to have some fun with it and took out half of his team with Explosion & Destiny Bond before succumbing. *evil laugh*

Have fun with your Day 3 experiences, everyone!

My highlight of the day was actually beating someone with a 1700ish rank which was a rain team, smeargle and terracott. Their team was Politoed, Ludicolo, Smeargle, Whimsicott, Terrakion and Scizor. A well timed quick guard from hitmontop and rotom mow taking out the opponents Smeargle secured my victory since they only had their whimsicott left with beat up as it's only move that could do damage.
That was me LOL
I swear i wouldve won if the Rotom didnt wake up on the first possible waking-up turn of sleep killing the Ludicolo, but whatever its Pokémon. Stuff like that happens.
My team is 100% troll anyway, couldve designed a better team if i wanted to.

I CAN'T FIND ANY OPPONENTS!!!!!!
Does someone know which battle music is the most popular? I REALLY wanna battle....
You can try going offline and online again. Couldn't find opponents for quite some time yesterday. I decided to reconnect and instantly found some.

Third day: 8-7 ...so in total I'm 30-15 which puts me at 1660-1680

My team:
Unova Team.png

There's a lot problem with this team as you can probably tell. I've had a lot of trouble with defiant/competitive Pokemon such as Thundurus and Milotic. I wished I had Taunt over Sunny Day on my Whimsicott and on ocassion... protect on Amoonguss so it could stall out opposing tailwind. Muscle Band on Samurott would of HELPED a lot as it failed to knockout several pokemon.

Last edited:
Alright, so heres how it went for me:

Day 1 (12-3): Very solid day 1, although a lot of "3-battle-players" with ingame teams around lv20.

Day 2 (7-8): This day started off garbage with 2-6 due to: Jellicent, Jellicent, Jellicent, Gothitelle+Jellicent, Jellicent and a DC.
Yeah, (not so) fun stuff happens when you get paired against 1750 JP players all day long.
Managed to somewhat come back, but ended up losing against another very strong Japanese player (with an actual cool team that didnt run Jellicent for once) and ItchyPlatypus due to an early wakeup.

Day 3 (9-5): For some reason, the game where my opponent DCed on the pre-battle selection screen never got counted into my rating, although it did get counted to my daily games (i went into my last battle with the game saying "no of battles: 43" before the battle). Might get bumped up to 10-5 but wont be able to check now.
0 Jellicent today (they prob all hit 1800 by now), but paired against a lot of 1750 Japanese players again, although with their lack of Jellicent i actually stood a chance this time beating several of them, but also losing to 5 of them.
Definatly a lot more TerraCott today, and i have a pretty hard time dealing with that mirror if Quick Guard is a thing outside of their Terrakion, such as Crobat, and i even saw a Smeargle running it.

Overall: 28 - 16
Since my team was built as a troll team to combine Rain + TerraCott + Smeargle to make peoples lives completely miserable, i guess i can live with this result. Couldve built a better team, but i really didnt care too much.

Last edited:
Also, Twinbladex, how did you get that nice team roster thing you got there?
Go to your profile page on Global Link then click on 'Online Competitions' and then you should see two tabs that should say 'Recent match records' and 'Competition Entry History'. Click on 'Competition Entry History' then click on the battle box and then take a screenshot of your team.

Last edited:
Go to your profile page on Global Link then click on 'Online Competitions' and then you should see two tabs that should say 'Recent match records' and 'Competition Entry History'. Click on 'Competition Entry History' then click on the battle box and then take a screenshot of your team.
Aight ty

Lost 2 matches finally, 1st got trolled by Eruption Heatran equipped with safety goggles, second I misclicked with cost me a game in the long run. Finished in the 1850s though.

Does anyone know what time this ends, Ive only gotten 15 matches in (13-2 1650) and was wondering how much time I have to cram in so more games. Also just noticed my team only has one move to kill grass types with so Serp causes me issues. (Amoon is averted due to Lum, and STAB Expert belt Psychic from Latias)

Smuckem

So, I lied and went back to finish up my last four battles. Glad I did, though: had a couple of joke teams to pad my ranking, had a super-close battle with a goodstuffs team, and was torn apart by a ballsy Normal Gem Explosion + Perish Song (no trapping) squad.

Unova Classic Team.PNG

As you can see, this was meant to be a sample of what Hex Maniac Anastasia can throw at you in the Maison. The idea, as tends to happen when dealing with Physics & Hex Maniacs in said Maison, was to put both Slowthings out there and force the opponent to guess which would be setting TR. Only one opponent was able to take out both Turn 1, and that was solely due to Sun-boosted Eruption and a pair of lucky crits on top. Otherwise, the combination of dual Oblivious and Lum on Slowking (plus Jynx as frail bait) forces one to either get creative, dual Fake Out, or take the TR on the chin. Having Jynx (who isn't compatible with TR) as bait allows one of the backups to come in and take advantage afterward. Having Jynx around scares off Landours-T and hits Fliers hard, though.

As the team was part of my mad project to collect every Maison set out there and the team members are meant to fit in as many team archetypes as possible (much like in PWT Master Rentals), I didn't optimize IVs for TR; only Slowbro has 0 Spd. Everyone else is flawless. For those who know the Maison well enough, this would be Slowking4/Jynx3/Slowbro4/Musharna3/Cofagrigus3/Metagross3.

A side note: I was quite proud to note that no one I faced had a Maison streak best even remotely comparable to mine, and my BP count was titanic compared to all of theirs.

Last edited:
Just finished 25:20 with 5 disconnects. 3 of these were right before victory, the other at the begin of the battle. Seems fine to me (i hate my isp).
Learned quite some things from the tournament and saw many fancy teams. I love these weekends. I'm looking forward to the next competition. Hopefully I'll have more time to throw a proper team together.

I'm quite impressed with sharp beak crobat. Setting up Tailwind and sometimes even OHKOing two opponents (some Whimsis, Gengar, Hitmontop and even another Crobat) were quite appreciated.

That was me LOL
I swear i wouldve won if the Rotom didnt wake up on the first possible waking-up turn of sleep killing the Ludicolo, but whatever its Pokémon. Stuff like that happens.
My team is 100% troll anyway, couldve designed a better team if i wanted to.
I actually think I saved that battle, I had to work today so I haven't been able to finish my matches off and I'm too tired now, so I think you were my last battle. It probably was the best battle I had out of the 30 to be fair, either I was slaughtered by high ranking players or I slaughtered the lower ones.

Here's my team:
upload_2016-8-28_20-49-59.png

Hitmontop was one that I had bred for doubles so it wasn't bulky enough for my liking. It came in handy against other teams using Whimsicott though. My main problem was fast flying types that pretty much took it out instantly.

Garchomp was not that great, yes it did take out some pokemon but it just wasn't enough to tank hits or knock out pokemon, it only really came in handy for Heatrans and Volcaronas, half of the time the Heatrans just critted it too and took it out unfortunately whilst behind a sub.

Whimsicott came in handy a lot, sunny day to just counteract rain teams initially (which I think I went straight for against SpearMKW), moon blast just took out every Hydriegon in sight and was great paired up with Hitmontop using quick guard and taunt against other Whimsicotts.

Arcanine was very bulky and managed to rack up some KO's and burned some serious threats, it seemed to be the main focus for a lot of my opponents. The only problem was rain teams, the passho berry could only just keep it alive for one water attack in the rain but that was it.

Rotom Mow was a great counter against Rotom Wash and could do some serious damage against Milotic which my team hated because of the two intimidaters. The bulk also helped it survive many Ice Beams for Ludicolo/Politoed/Kingdra. Heatran and Volcarona were the only things it really feared.

Lapras was one of my favourites to use, a lot of the time it was on the same side as Kingras that used Muddy Water, which meant it was alive for a very long time, Ice Shard was always unexpected from opponents which caught their Landoruses off guard. Also Snarl from Arcanine and Icy wind was always a great combo. It didn't really have many problems except for the fact that I didn't breed Freeze Dry on it :(

My team basically hated Ludicolo and I had to literally get it out of the way as fast as possible.

I actually think I saved that battle, I had to work today so I haven't been able to finish my matches off and I'm too tired now, so I think you were my last battle. It probably was the best battle I had out of the 30 to be fair, either I was slaughtered by high ranking players or I slaughtered the lower ones.

Here's my team:
View attachment 68183

Hitmontop was one that I had bred for doubles so it wasn't bulky enough for my liking. It came in handy against other teams using Whimsicott though. My main problem was fast flying types that pretty much took it out instantly.

Garchomp was not that great, yes it did take out some pokemon but it just wasn't enough to tank hits or knock out pokemon, it only really came in handy for Heatrans and Volcaronas, half of the time the Heatrans just critted it too and took it out unfortunately whilst behind a sub.

Whimsicott came in handy a lot, sunny day to just counteract rain teams initially (which I think I went straight for against SpearMKW), moon blast just took out every Hydriegon in sight and was great paired up with Hitmontop using quick guard and taunt against other Whimsicotts.

Arcanine was very bulky and managed to rack up some KO's and burned some serious threats, it seemed to be the main focus for a lot of my opponents. The only problem was rain teams, the passho berry could only just keep it alive for one water attack in the rain but that was it.

Rotom Mow was a great counter against Rotom Wash and could do some serious damage against Milotic which my team hated because of the two intimidaters. The bulk also helped it survive many Ice Beams for Ludicolo/Politoed/Kingdra. Heatran and Volcarona were the only things it really feared.

Lapras was one of my favourites to use, a lot of the time it was on the same side as Kingras that used Muddy Water, which meant it was alive for a very long time, Ice Shard was always unexpected from opponents which caught their Landoruses off guard. Also Snarl from Arcanine and Icy wind was always a great combo. It didn't really have many problems except for the fact that I didn't breed Freeze Dry on it :(

My team basically hated Ludicolo and I had to literally get it out of the way as fast as possible.
Arcanine, Mowtom, and Lapras. I love you. Bear my ginger babies.
This will sound absurd but I could not breed a NON-hydration Lapras at all. 3 batches, all 4IV males or HA females. Very much wanted Shell Armor (which would of been nice, Lapras has 3x as many crits against her than any other team member) but nope. So i ran Hydration, on a team with no rain at all. But I did run Freeze Dry, and Freeze-Dry is the shit. Freeze Dry + Water move is almost perfect coverage (Shedinja). Basically any Rain build despises it.
And I feel ya on Hitmontop, you have a big Birdspam problem. Much like me.

I went 28–17, with a rating of about 1640.

Strategy was to lead Whimsicott/Swoobat/X, fling the berry onto Swoobat, activate it's weakness policy, use amnesia, and just have the rest of the team psych Up the boosts (+4 attack, +2 defense, +4 special attack, +4 special defense )

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Kind of upset with how I finished as I peaked a lot higher than I ended. I think I finished 35-10 with a rating around 1770. I peaked at 1821 and then I lost to low ladder Boomburst and got haxed out of a win vs an 1813 Japanese player. I also found so many Bisharps which was a terrible matchup for my team.

Team:
unova classic.png

The team relied on getting Trick Room up to beat a lot of threats like Togekiss and Zapdos. So things like Togekiss flinching me to death were not very fun to face. Bisharp is also not a fun matchup as 3 of my mons get ohkoed by it and Hitmontop gives it a boost.

Heres some cool replays I got: C8EG-WWWW-WW4P-2WHT, NE8W-WWWW-WW4P-2W8C, S2LW-WWWW-WW4P-2W44

Octillery @ Choice Specs
Ability: Moody
EVs:
[nature]
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Scrafty @ Eject Button
Ability: Intimidate
EVs:
[nature]
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Thundurus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs:
[nature]
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs:
[nature]
- Trick Room
- Safeguard
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs:
[nature]
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Trick Room

Amoongus @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs:
[nature]
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Final Result: 43-2 Around 1850

Last edited by a moderator:

Smuckem

RBG you are the first person I've seen successfully integrate both Kee & Maranga into a team's fabric, fantastic work there. I'll try to do the same next comp.

Kinda pissed now that I didn't run into any of you during this, a lot of fun-looking stuff I could have faced (and no Cosplay Pikachu, whom I ran into four times, in sight).

45th in the UK and 1798th in the world, no where near as good as the Sinnoh Classic but I'm happy with what I got considering it was so last minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)