UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball/whatever works
This is for my favorite Azelf.NP is really cool imo,considering the good coverage moves really few things are safe at +2.
Since most people will consider Azelf as a suicide leader,NP set can surprise the oppo sometimes.
I have checked most the teams looks no this set,if I missed I apologize!
Team style can be offense/balance.I believe it doesn't fit stall anyways.

Reactions: nv
Hi guys, I'm relatively new to UU and I was hoping if somebody could build around a dual rest talk core of snorlax and suicune.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Body Slam

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Together, these two mons act as excellent status absorbers and they blanket check large portions of the metagame. Furthermore, a lack of viable ghosts means snorlax can run a mono attacking set with Body Slam. However, Sableye and Chandelure are both immune to this, so some way of removing them is necessary. Plus, Chandelure can run energy ball to bop Suicune and Sableye's taunt really messes w this core. Crocune is a standard set but curselax can be changed if necessary. Thanks in advance!

PS I'd appreciate if the team was BO but it's really up to the builder.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
taoke I have an Azelf team for you. I've been using this one for a while and gotten good results with it (I earned suspect reqs for the Salamence vote with this team), so hopefully it will work for you as well. It's pretty basic Krookodile/Sylveon offense that uses some underrated threats in Nasty Plot Azelf and offensive Calm Mind Suicune to surprise opponents and grab wins against a variety of playstyles.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Since this wasn't technically built for a request, I didn't start off with Azelf. I think I began with Krookodile + Sylveon because I was having trouble building and wanted something easy to work with, and Krookodile + Sylveon is tried and true in the current meta. After that, I went with Nasty Plot Azelf because I've always liked its wallbreaking potential and it seemed like a good option with Alakazam gone. After that, I wanted some more speed and a way to deal with Water-types, so I decided on Mega Sceptile because I'd been using Mega Aerodactyl a bunch and wanted to do something different. Metagross gave me a Sylveon check, a Mamoswine check, Stealth Rock, Steel typing, and priority. Finally, Suicune serves as my bulky Water-type and Entei check.

This team is aggressive and requires good execution to succeed, but it rewards playmaking and has ways to handle just about any style. That said, it does have its weaknesses. Its lack of hazard control means Sticky Web offense is annoying to deal with, especially since the ladder has a weird fixation on that playstyle. Hazard stacking in general can be problematic, but this team has the tools to prevent hazard stacking through offensive pressure, although doing so requires the user to execute well. Bulky setup sweepers (Suicune, Snorlax, Cresselia, etc.) are also annoying, since this team has no taunt/haze/phazing/other methods of preventing bulky setup besides keeping the pressure up.

Possible Changes:
  • The EV spreads here are really simple, but I personally like making a few changes. I normally run 40 Defense EVs on Krookodile to survive Adamant Beedrill's U-turn at full health 100% of the time after an Intimidate drop. The ladder likes to lead with Beedrill, and this EV spread can often snag an early kill. This team also doesn't really have a good Beedrill check, so being able to eliminate it early is nice.
  • I also usually run 48 HP EVs on Suicune to get additional Leftovers recovery and a little extra bulk.
  • Metagross can run enough Speed to outspeed max Speed Modest Sylveon, but this requires 176 total Speed EVs that must come from either Attack or HP. It depends on user preference.
  • Mega Sceptile can run Energy Ball to improve its matchup against Suicune. Again, this is user preference.
  • Suicune has the option of running Roar or Signal Beam over Hidden Power Electric. Roar lets the user at least put off dealing with problem Pokemon like Snorlax and Suicune and hopefully maneuver in such a way as to pressure them hard enough to prevent them from setting up later (basically, it's a panic button that the user can press to keep Curse Snorlax or Calm Mind Suicune/Cresselia or whatever from winning outright, at which point the user has to just deal with them later). Signal Beam hits Celebi harder than Ice Beam. Even the combination of Signal Beam + Roar over Ice Beam + Hidden Power Electric might work, since that would allow Suicune to phaze out setup sweepers and hit offensive Water-types like Sharpedo and Feraligatr at least neutrally, although this opens up a Gyarados weakness. Suicune can also be changed to a standard bulky set with Scald and some combination of Rest, Sleep Talk, Calm Mind, and Roar, depending on how the user wants to handle the team's issues.
  • Colbur Berry + Thunder Punch on Metagross is an option if Sharpedo/Feraligatr seem too threatening. It depends on the state of the ladder.
This team is far from perfect, so, as usual, feedback is welcome. Feel free to post any critiques in this thread or contact me privately.

amaroq
Thanks for the team!
I played it for one day,generally it's a cool team.I'm at 1500s right now.
Sure it has some disadvantages,some can be settled by some aggressive play.
But there is a problem I'm struggled with where some scarfers like Darmanitan/shao are really hard to deal with.
Bullet punch isn't that strong anyways.
So I'm thinking to make Suicune a bit bulkier(I already run 48HP spread after several games) or maybe change the last slot directly.

edit:by using only this team nearly 1600 now,looks difficult to be higher though
second thought is:Mega Sceptile is n't that strong,I may try to change

Last edited:
Hi folks; multi-year lurker, finally joined Smogon. Trying to rebuild a few competitive teams after my 3DS & carts got stolen, taking my massive shiny/event/battle-ready collection with it...

Anyway, I was hoping to build a pair of teams, one around Mega Absol, and one around Hydreigon, two of my favorite 'mons in the UU tier. The builds I was hoping to use as a core are as follows.

Core 1: Swords Dance M-Absol
Mega Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough/Superpower

Core 2: Stallbreaker Hydreigon
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse/Fire Blast/Draco Meteor

Unfortunately, the last time I ended up getting around to properly building a team was for the days of BW2; my 3ds got stolen not long after X and Y came out, and I lost almost everything along with my Y, which had only just unlocked the Pokedar and gotten around to shiny chaining again...

So yeah. Relative newbie as far as teambuilding goes. Any help at all would be appreciated!

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, ChrystalFalchion! Apologies for the untimely delay on your request only to be given to you today.

Zapdos's departure in the UU tier last May has brought the team, dubbed as "#ChangeIsComing" as a tribute to the Philippines' 2016 Presidential Candidates, to light. The reason for such is the rebirth of the Bulk Up Tornadus set whom r0ady started the trend and whom Yifeng popularized it. My thought process here is quite unconventional, granted it doesn't have something like Swampert to fully support Tornadus in terms of covering weaknesses and resistances; I ended up supporting Tornadus with two Pokemon who can bring some offensive pressure to the table with deadly STAB attacks in the forms of Entei and Mega Sceptile. Then, Tentacruel and Bronzong immediately sprung to mind as the defensive backbone to sponge most attacks and provide a lot of utility moves the three members needed. Finally, Florges was added as a more reliable back-up win condition (since Tornadus is not as solid as a win condition here because of the Rest rolls) as it can set up against most defensive Pokemon with ease.

I have used this team to a huge degree of success. The accolades of this team include the most outrageous win against YouthBerry in Week 5 of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament, and the monumental win against North in Round 3 of Smogon Grand Slam's UU Open V. The team is very straightforward as it can cover most of the threats handily and has some firepower against the opposition; I hope that this team would best fit your playing style.

Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Psywave / Earthquake
- Toxic

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 224 HP / 232 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

Tornadus @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 216 HP / 84 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Acrobatics

If you have any questions with regards to my sets, EV allocations, and all that jazz, please let me know. Enjoy!

Thanks very much, nice to see you guys didn't forget. The only changes I made was I gave Sceptile Timid nature and Leaf Storm instead of Protect, and gave Bronzong Heavy Slam rather than Iron Head. Started a fresh alt for this team, here's a few replays of it in action:

Florges sweeps late game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-414241153

Another Florges sweep (damn CM Florges is underrated): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-414247535

Tornadus destroys the opponents team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-414249103

Another Tornadus sweep: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-uu-414255831

Great team, I confess I had my doubts but it's done really well so far. I've had 10 matches with it so far and only lost once (due to Poison hax).

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks very much, nice to see you guys didn't forget. The only changes I made was I gave Sceptile Timid nature and Leaf Storm instead of Protect, and gave Bronzong Heavy Slam rather than Iron Head. Started a fresh alt for this team, here's a few replays of it in action:

Florges sweeps late game: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-414241153

Another Florges sweep (damn CM Florges is underrated): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-414247535

Tornadus destroys the opponents team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-414249103

Another Tornadus sweep: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-uu-414255831

Great team, I confess I had my doubts but it's done really well so far. I've had 10 matches with it so far and only lost once (due to Poison hax).
The reason why I put Modest Nature in there is because the Mega Sceptile's damage output is very underwhelming that it would miss some KO's, and Protect is there to annoy Bounce Gyarados sets, hence the presence of Energy Ball to deal the highest consistent damage possible. Besides, a lot of Pokemon in that team can deal with fast threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill very handily.

Reactions: nv
Hey guys, I haven't played much pokemon in a while so I would like to request a team with Bulk Up Conkeldurr and Nidoqueen.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Although there's a psychic weakness between the two, they cover each other's weaknesses very well. Bulk Up Conk works as a great stallbreaker, but is walled by certain fairy and flying types that Nidoqueen can easily take care of. On the other hand, Conkeldurr can handle the special walls (snorlax, blissey, etc.) that Nidoqueen can't. I'd highly prefer that the team be Bulky Offense/Bulky Balance, and thank you in advance!

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TheMasterOP the Mega Houndoom team that you requested is ready. I made a bulky offense team that uses Houndoom and Cobalion to break holes in opposing teams so that Curse Snorlax can clean up.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Snorlax @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I had a bit of trouble with this at first because Houndoom is a hard Mega Evolution to build offense around (it lacks the speed of Aerodactyl, Beedrill, and Sceptile and struggles to clean as effectively as Swampert or Sharpedo. Mega Houndoom balance is so much better). The first thing I looked for was a way to deal with bulky Water-types that could stop Houndoom from doing its job. I originally had Rotom-C in this slot, but I ended up switching to Celebi for an additional Fighting resist. After that, I added Swampert and Crobat for general utility purposes (setting Stealth Rock, Defog, checking a million and one things in the current meta) and finished the team out with a bulky win condition in Snorlax and another utility Pokemon/wallbreaker in Cobalion.

Most of this stuff is pretty standard. I put Toxic in the fourth slot on Cobalion because Cobalion has a whole bunch of options in this slot (including, but not limited to, X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Substitute, Thunder Wave, Taunt, etc.) and I couldn't decide what I preferred, so I just went with Toxic to pressure fat walls, provide another way of breaking down bulky Water-types (Celebi can't switch in forever without some form of recovery when it's taking Scald damage and potential Stealth Rock and burn damage), force switches, and let Snorlax set up more safely. All users should feel free to play around with that slot and use whatever personal preference dictates, though. Crobat's spread is also up to personal preference. I just happen to like being able to tie with opposing Crobat.

Possible Changes:
  • Celebi can be changed to either a Nasty Plot or bulky utility variant to provide an answer to bulky Water-types that has a bit more offensive presence, staying power, and/or utility in exchange for speed and Healing Wish. It depends on what direction the user wishes to take with this team. If this option is chosen, the user must rely more heavily on typing and defensive synergy to check fast threats.
  • Celebi can run Dazzling Gleam over Healing Wish in order to KO Hydreigon.
  • Cobalion can run any of its many coverage or utility moves over Toxic and can run Lum Berry, Chople Berry, or Leftovers over Shuca Berry, although giving up Shuca Berry puts more pressure on Swampert to check dangerous Ground-types like Mamoswine and Krookodile. The choice is up to user preference.
  • Crobat's spread can be altered to hit whatever Speed, Attack, or bulk benchmarks the user prefers.
  • Houndoom can run something over Taunt in the last slot (Sucker Punch, Flame Charge, etc.).
As usual, feedback is welcome. Feel free to post any critiques in this thread or contact me directly.

Amaroq

Cover me.
Sorry for double posting, but...

lightninging here's the dual RestTalk team you requested. It's either balance or really bulky offense, so I hope that fits what you want. The team focuses on wearing down opponents through strong defensive synergy until Mega Sceptile or the dual RestTalk core can finish the game.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Body Slam

I started with the requested combination of bulky setup sweepers. My first step was to change the Snorlax spread to the more efficient version listed above (Snorlax doesn't really need full Special Defense investment to do its job, and having some Defense investment helps it survive physical attacks before and during its setup process). Next, I decided to add Sylveon, Crobat, and Bronzong since Fairy + Water + Steel is a tried-and-true defensive formula that's been used effectively for ages and Crobat adds a Defogger, an additional Fighting resist, and a Sylveon check that doesn't automatically lose to Choice Band Krookodile. I added Mega Sceptile as my last Pokemon because I felt that this team needed a better way to get past bulky Water-types and I hadn't used my Mega slot for anything yet.

This team is honestly pretty bog standard, but it's built based on formulas that have worked for a long time and similar teams have had success at all levels of play. The general play pattern is fairly simple: wear down the opponent with the defensive synergy that every member of this team contributes to until one of the win conditions has a path to victory. This type of build has multiple answers to most of the common meta threats and can play as proactively or reactively as a given matchup demands. Almost every member of the team has some way to recover HP, in addition to Sylveon's ability to pass Wishes, and Crobat can remove hazards, so this build has a lot of staying power. This team must play patiently in bulkier matchups by forcing the opponent to burn the PP of essential moves, since Snorlax and Suicune both lend themselves to effective PP stalling strategies. This build (and others like it) may lack the offensive pressure of more aggressive teams, but it is more forgiving of mistakes than the average offense team because it has the ability to fall back on a strong defensive backbone that incorporates multiple win conditions.

Possible Changes:
  • The original request specified Suicune's moveset, so I didn't deviate from that, but I really like the alternative of running Roar over Sleep Talk and a bit more Speed investment on Suicune. The team in its current incarnation struggles with bulky setup sweepers like Reuniclus, but Roar allows Suicune to boost up alongside them and then force them out, as long as they aren't the last Pokemon remaining on the opposing team. It also provides a panic button against threatening setup sweepers like Gyarados or Feraligatr that Suicune can check, allowing the user to at least put off the threat until later in the game and thus affording the user the ability to maneuver into a position that allows them to further pressure those threats once the immediate problem is resolved. Finally, Roar allows the user to shuffle the opposing team around and rack up Stealth Rock damage. Of all potential changes, this is the one I support the most.
  • Any or all of the following alterations to Sceptile: Modest nature, Energy Ball over Giga Drain, or Protect. A Modest nature and/or Energy Ball provide more power, while Protect allows Sceptile to serve as a better answer to Gyarados and lets it Mega Evolve more safely, especially with a Modest nature.
  • Mega Sceptile can be replaced with either Celebi or Chesnaught, depending on what direction the user wants to go. Celebi adds a bit more power to the team with Nasty Plot, while Chesnaught provides a solid Dark resist, a Gyarados counter, and Spikes support. Sets are included at the end of this post.
  • Bronzong can run Hidden Power [Electric] or Protect over Earthquake or Toxic. Hidden Power [Electric] allows it to serve as a better answer to Gyarados, while Protect lets it rack up Toxic damage.
  • Crobat's EV spread can be changed to meet whatever offensive or defensive benchmarks the user finds appropriate.
  • If the user is really, really worried about Celebi, Suicune can run Signal Beam to lure it.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Standard Nasty Plot Celebi with Shadow Ball over its usual coverage move to get past Reuniclus and Bronzong more easily (although it's back to square one if Reuniclus is running Signal Beam). 48 HP EVs hits a Leftovers number and almost guarantees that Celebi survives an Aerial Ace or Wing Attack from Mega Aerodactyl after Stealth Rock damage, preventing Mega Aerodactyl from playing Pursuit mindgames quite as easily (note: 64 HP EVs guarantees that Celebi survives from full health after a single round of Stealth Rock damage).

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Going with Chesnaught takes this build in a much more defensive direction. With Chesnaught over Mega Sceptile, this team focuses even more on defensive synergy and residual damage. Spikes helps rack up damage and abuses the ability of defensive teams like this to force switches. Feel free to run whatever utility move feels most comfortable in the fourth slot (or forego Spikes since this build's hazard control is Defog). This version is more secure against threats like Crawdaunt and Krookodile, but lacks in offensive pressure.

This isn't a super creative or innovative team, but it's based on proven formulas and should be able to win almost any matchup with correct play. As usual, feedback is welcome. Feel free to post critiques in this thread or contact me directly.

Sorry for double posting, but...

lightninging here's the dual RestTalk team you requested. It's either balance or really bulky offense, so I hope that fits what you want. The team focuses on wearing down opponents through strong defensive synergy until Mega Sceptile or the dual RestTalk core can finish the game.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Body Slam

I started with the requested combination of bulky setup sweepers. My first step was to change the Snorlax spread to the more efficient version listed above (Snorlax doesn't really need full Special Defense investment to do its job, and having some Defense investment helps it survive physical attacks before and during its setup process). Next, I decided to add Sylveon, Crobat, and Bronzong since Fairy + Water + Steel is a tried-and-true defensive formula that's been used effectively for ages and Crobat adds a Defogger, an additional Fighting resist, and a Sylveon check that doesn't automatically lose to Choice Band Krookodile. I added Mega Sceptile as my last Pokemon because I felt that this team needed a better way to get past bulky Water-types and I hadn't used my Mega slot for anything yet.

This team is honestly pretty bog standard, but it's built based on formulas that have worked for a long time and similar teams have had success at all levels of play. The general play pattern is fairly simple: wear down the opponent with the defensive synergy that every member of this team contributes to until one of the win conditions has a path to victory. This type of build has multiple answers to most of the common meta threats and can play as proactively or reactively as a given matchup demands. Almost every member of the team has some way to recover HP, in addition to Sylveon's ability to pass Wishes, and Crobat can remove hazards, so this build has a lot of staying power. This team must play patiently in bulkier matchups by forcing the opponent to burn the PP of essential moves, since Snorlax and Suicune both lend themselves to effective PP stalling strategies. This build (and others like it) may lack the offensive pressure of more aggressive teams, but it is more forgiving of mistakes than the average offense team because it has the ability to fall back on a strong defensive backbone that incorporates multiple win conditions.

Possible Changes:
  • The original request specified Suicune's moveset, so I didn't deviate from that, but I really like the alternative of running Roar over Sleep Talk and a bit more Speed investment on Suicune. The team in its current incarnation struggles with bulky setup sweepers like Reuniclus, but Roar allows Suicune to boost up alongside them and then force them out, as long as they aren't the last Pokemon remaining on the opposing team. It also provides a panic button against threatening setup sweepers like Gyarados or Feraligatr that Suicune can check, allowing the user to at least put off the threat until later in the game and thus affording the user the ability to maneuver into a position that allows them to further pressure those threats once the immediate problem is resolved. Finally, Roar allows the user to shuffle the opposing team around and rack up Stealth Rock damage. Of all potential changes, this is the one I support the most.
  • Any or all of the following alterations to Sceptile: Modest nature, Energy Ball over Giga Drain, or Protect. A Modest nature and/or Energy Ball provide more power, while Protect allows Sceptile to serve as a better answer to Gyarados and lets it Mega Evolve more safely, especially with a Modest nature.
  • Mega Sceptile can be replaced with either Celebi or Chesnaught, depending on what direction the user wants to go. Celebi adds a bit more power to the team with Nasty Plot, while Chesnaught provides a solid Dark resist, a Gyarados counter, and Spikes support. Sets are included at the end of this post.
  • Bronzong can run Hidden Power [Electric] or Protect over Earthquake or Toxic. Hidden Power [Electric] allows it to serve as a better answer to Gyarados, while Protect lets it rack up Toxic damage.
  • Crobat's EV spread can be changed to meet whatever offensive or defensive benchmarks the user finds appropriate.
  • If the user is really, really worried about Celebi, Suicune can run Signal Beam to lure it.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Standard Nasty Plot Celebi with Shadow Ball over its usual coverage move to get past Reuniclus and Bronzong more easily (although it's back to square one if Reuniclus is running Signal Beam). 48 HP EVs hits a Leftovers number and almost guarantees that Celebi survives an Aerial Ace or Wing Attack from Mega Aerodactyl after Stealth Rock damage, preventing Mega Aerodactyl from playing Pursuit mindgames quite as easily (note: 64 HP EVs guarantees that Celebi survives from full health after a single round of Stealth Rock damage).

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Going with Chesnaught takes this build in a much more defensive direction. With Chesnaught over Mega Sceptile, this team focuses even more on defensive synergy and residual damage. Spikes helps rack up damage and abuses the ability of defensive teams like this to force switches. Feel free to run whatever utility move feels most comfortable in the fourth slot (or forego Spikes since this build's hazard control is Defog). This version is more secure against threats like Crawdaunt and Krookodile, but lacks in offensive pressure.

This isn't a super creative or innovative team, but it's based on proven formulas and should be able to win almost any matchup with correct play. As usual, feedback is welcome. Feel free to post critiques in this thread or contact me directly.

Hey man, thanks a ton for helping me out. The team looks great at aglance, im gonna start a new alt and begin laddering ASAP. I'll edit in later how it goes.

hi im getting better at uu s/o Pearl

Cobalion @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Lum Berry/whatever the fuck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

I have had absolutely no sucess with this set; as in, I'm interested in seeing how to go about building with it. bulky offense or offense would be great. change movesets accordingly if im bad.

thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)