SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Story Spoilers

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Pikafan2000 You can get 10% Zygarde after you catch 50% Zygarde in Resolution Cave, go back to the lab where Dexio and Sina is, and beat Dexio in the battle.

I really like how Maxie / Archie / Cyrus / Lysandre / Ghetsis / Giovanni are in the game lol. Level curves are also epic.

Also what are your thoughts on this psycho?
upload_2017-11-14_18-6-51.png

So what exactly IS necrozma? I've been so annoyed that the looker episode said that the thing wasn't an ultra beast. Is it just some parasite that moves between worlds but somehow isn't a UB?

So what exactly IS necrozma? I've been so annoyed that the looker episode said that the thing wasn't an ultra beast. Is it just some parasite that moves between worlds but somehow isn't a UB?
It's mentioned that all three legendaries all count as UBs. Necrozma is an Ultra Beast, but the Looker Episode just brushed it aside.

I think they removed Lusamine fusing with Nihilego to make her redeemable, but imo it just removes a cool scene from the game.

Also, I’m really disappointed they didn’t do anything with Looker or Anabel. They were set up to have a bigger role in this game & were brushed off.

Apparently by the time of nanu's grand trial Hau implied that his starter still hadnt evolved. Then just a few moments later at aether paradise it became lv44 iirc?

Is this an oversight left from the old sun/moon?

Lusamine only wants to open the wormhole so she can go inside and confront necrozma. I really like the way the game portrays her as egotistical and doing what she believes is right.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, the Necrozma climax is the worst one in the whole series. The plot becomes nonsensical, Lusamine acts OOC, it doesn't make sense that the Ultradudes only lend you their Solgaleo after all the shit happens, Megalopolis is a literal corridor, Necrozma goes from normal to fusioned to Ultra in five seconds for no reason at all and Guzma--well ok Guzma's perfect.

I wish they hadn't spent so much time in the Alola Photo Club.

I really like how Maxie / Archie / Cyrus / Lysandre / Ghetsis / Giovanni are in the game lol. Level curves are also epic.

Also what are your thoughts on this psycho?
View attachment 90985
This psycho? Worse than SM Lusamine. So much of hate sink that it was narrated that our Pokemon's balls shaked in rage to this guy (hey, I'd love to imagine him slapped by my MegaLopunny and mauled by Dusk-roc).
I didn't play much BW2, so it surprised me and made me smirk over Akroma / Colress personally outing him.

Yeah, after playing it, pretty much, there are confusions that made me unable to really enjoy the story. And I think I start to get why.
At least Guzma is perfect. He was portrayed still pretty well. Those Rocket grunts messed with the wrong Boi. I haven't seen the Skull remnants and hoped they'd go for Team Reskull, though.

I've commented elsewhere about Lusamine being fine, but having just gone through it I agree that the climax is the weakest since Johto by far
Up to this point, I think it was fine. The changed up Lusamine stuff was fine, the Lillie change ups were a little weird but fine, I enjoyed fleshing out some of the legendary stuff, the URS could have been much better implemented but otherwise...fine.

But the actual climax kicks things so fast when it absolutely needed to slow down. Judging from how much time seemed to pass while you were resolving this thing, it feels like megalo tower was supposed to be a full dungeon that got cut, where you'd learn some more about things and let it digest. It would also let Necrozma, literally, cook more. It just instantly becomes Ultra and requires a beat down. That prism exiting the head thing felt like it was going to be more relevant than it was. This is all maybe 5 minutes after it just merged with your legendary and you fought it.

It's honestly bizarre because the rest of USUM's MO was fleshing out the world through cute side events. But they really rush along the necrozma stuff something fierce.

Honestly what I'd do is:
-have everything up to necrozma-S/L happen, it runs away and everything
-have some quick character moments
-go around and resolve the UB plot
-maybe explain where they kept the dang luanala/solgaleo this entire time instead of just having it show up
-have a dungeon leading to necrozma where you can piece meal exposition or something

There's a few other things I have some issues with but I'm holding off until beating the game since I think there's a few side scenes that might resolve those.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My main problem with the changes made was that they still kept a lot of the game's previous build up only to then not deliver the pay off that SM delivered.

A thing to remember here is that all the characters are the same, Lusamine here is just as crazy as Lusamine from SM except instead of transfixed on Nihilego she's going to stop Necrozma. Of course, the problem with doing that is the player never sees how crazy or cruel Lusamine truly is, you just have to take Lillie's and Gladion's word on it. Yes, Lusamine does tell them they're no longer her children and doesn't care that Nebby may die... but it's portrayed she's doing it for the greater good. She even says that, despite the way they behaved, her actions will also save Lillie and Gladion along with everyone else. She doesn't call Lillie "ugly", she doesn't say she couldn't care less if Nebby dies or if the Pokemon World is destroyed by Ultra Beasts, nor her shruging off Lillie telling her she's terrible. You're still suppose to root against her, but her actions only make her seem like a well-intention, if prideful and selfish, extremist only doing what she believes would save the world at cost of her family's relation. We also don't get to see Lillie talk down her mother (happens off screen) and, while still makes sense it happens and why Lusamine would be interested, the significance of Nihilego's appearance in the Aether Paradise is lessened (no longer is it the UB that Lusamine wants to be with, now it was just a random UB to prove their experiments were working). Also, while I said they're the same characters, it does feel Lusamine's character is being pulled two ways as wanting to stop Necrozma somehow mitigated/cured her insanity somehow? Like, okay, I could see her re-evaluating her outlook on things upon failing to stop Necrozma (and thus not poisoned by Nihilego), but it happens before when she's being all righteous when going into the Ultra Wormhole.

AND then there's Gladion and Silvally not getting their pay off, instead of battling back Nihilego from entering our world he now just begs Lusamine to take him with her instead of Guzma and is told no. That's it, that's where Gladion's character development and hardships lead him. Now, I do like USUM's ending for him better, him setting off to Kanto instead of Lusamine and Lillie, but I don't like what was done to get him there.

Lillie also got his hard. Not being allowed to go to Exeggutor Island, not seeing her talk down her mother, and though she's a trainer now in the Rainbow Rocket story it's just a Clefairy, goes back to a healing role, and is even held hostage and has to be saved. This even effects the credits as SM's credits were pictures of what happened to characters being sent to Lillie by Hau (plus the first picture Rotom Dex took of your trio and an Island Challenge Amulet (though Lillie has a non-viewable version of it on the desk of her loft in the lab)).

I was actually kind of hoping we'd have a side quest where we followed Lillie on her Island Challenge (giving us a story reason why to revisit all the islands aside our own curiosity).

Also, I just met Looker and Anabel on Poni Island, looks like they removed their side quest so there goes that character development. You couldn't work them in somehow, like maybe make it impossible to catch Ultra Beasts outside of Ultra Space. You first help Looker and Anabel push back the Ultra Beasts but then have to go into Ultra Space to capture/defeat them to fully close the Ultra Wormhole they came from.

wanting to stop Necrozma didn't cure anything. All it did was change the object of insanity. Being trounced by Necrozma woke her up from this in the same way beating her while fused woke her up from it in SM. It's implied by the URS dialog in the city that necrozma was rampaging throug hthe city too so it sounds like it was a bad scene (that probably should have been animated as a flashback) so the total failure of her to stop it + everything else clearly had an effect on her and got her to reevaluate things.

Also the INCREDIBLY SUPER IMPORTANT OFF SCREEN TALK that happened between her & lillie. Which is by far the worst sin the game did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)