Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate/Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Refresh
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

The sweeper of the team, who this team was built around. By using Z-Dragon Dance, you can get to +1 regardless of intimidate. Earthquake is run to smash through rock and steel types attempting to wall Salamence. Outrage is a powerful Dragon-Type STAB to destroy Zygarde and Kyurem-Black, while also doubling as a 190-BP Flying-Type STAB. Dragon Claw is if you don't want to get locked into Outrage, but weakens both of Salamence's STABs. Z-Refresh compresses recovery and eliminating status. Adamant is run to pack as much of a punch as possible. Either ability is viable, but I prefer moxie.

Magnezone @ Firium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ground]/Hyper Beam
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

The ultimate steel trapper, and an essential partner to Salamence. Just your standard Magnet Pull Magnezone, but without HP Fire. Firium Z gives a 175 BP fire Type move off of thunderbolt to roast mons like Skarmory, Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. HP Ground is used for Heatran, while Hyper Beam can be used to use an even stronger Inferno Overdrive.

Tapu Fini @ Fairium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Haze
- Defog
- Surf
- Nature's Madness

Tapu Fini is super fun to play with. Z-Haze fully restores your health, as well as stopping sweepers who think they can use Fini as setup fodder. Defog is to clear stealth rock for Salamence. Surf serves as a main stab which hits decently hard, and Natures's Madness is used to help break down bulky Pokémon for Salamence. Fairium Z is used to smack Zygarde.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

My stealth rock setter. The moveset is pretty simple. Earthquake as a main stab and base for Supersonic Skystrike, u-turn to pivot out of bad matchups, stealth rock, and sd for punching holes in the enemies team.

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

A pretty good stallbreaker. Magma storm traps the opponents pokemon, and, when combined with toxic, racks up damage quite quickly. Flash cannon is a nice secondary STAB to smack the island guardians, and hidden power ice hits pokemon like Dragonite quite hard. Tectonic Rage is used to obliterate Toxapex.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Dugtrio is my emergency check to sweepers and Gengar. I'm running focus sash instead of a Z-crystal because dugtrio can't tank anything. Reversal hits harder at full power than earthquake after stab, making it ideal for stopping Pokémon faster than it and smacking them in the face. Sucker punch is for finishing off Pokémon that survive a reversal. Earthquake cleanly OHKO's Gengar thanks to the loss of Levitate, and stone edge hits pesky flying types.

I know this team isn't exactly the best, so it'd be nice to get some constructive criticism on my Pokémon, and help with my analysis in general would be appreciated.

On a side note, does embargo prevent the use of Z-crystals? If so, it could be a pretty useful tool against stall Pokémon.

Last edited:
One thing that might be cool is Assist on Darkinium-Z Liepard. It gets STAB Z-move versions of Explosion, V-Create, etc. with priority through Prankster, Sleep Talk can work in a similar vein. At the very least, Assist Z-Parting Shot with priority, or Copycatting your attacks after boosting.
Liepard also has access to Prankster Psych Up and/or Spite for healing, although I guess it's too frail? Maybe Klefki could do it better.
On a side note, does embargo prevent the use of Z-crystals? If so, it could be a pretty useful tool against stall Pokémon.
No, they're like Mega Stones in that respect.

Unfortunately ROM's bot can't play Ultimate Z as you can readily sweep it with this monster:

Eevee @ Eevium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Last Resort
- Stored Power
- Bite
- Filler

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
https://www.serebii.net/events/2017.shtml

Exeggutor-Alola now gets Celebrate. It cannot use Frisk and is stuck with Harveet, but soon it will be distributed next week, so it can boost all of its stats by 1 repeatedly.

Use Trick Room, Celebrate, Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder with Dragonium-Z and you have a sweeping, sleeping machine. Trick Room turn 1, Sleep Powder, Celebrate on the switch, sweep

Last edited:
https://www.serebii.net/events/2017.shtml

Exeggutor-Alola now gets Celebrate. It cannot use Frisk and is stuck with Harveet, but soon it will be distributed next week, so it can boost all of its stats by 1 repeatedly.

Use Trick Room, Celebrate, Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder with Dragonium-Z and you have a sweeping, sleeping machine. Trick Room turn 1, Sleep Powder, Celebrate on the switch, sweep
Wouldn't Celebrate be kinda counterproductive with Trick Room?

Flinch Me Daddy (Togekiss) @ Flyinium Z/Fairium Z
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 164 Def / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Haven't gotten a chance to try this out in UZ, but it's fun (if kind of silly) in BSS and on paper I love it in this meta. Tailwind with Super Luck makes every attack crit, and Flynium Z Air Slash gives you a 175 BP STAB move that always crits. Dazzling Gleam for secondary stab (as if you need it) and Flamethrower for steel types that will give you trouble otherwise. Tailwind comes with the added benefit of making you extremely fast: EVs were chosen to outspeed max speed Pheromosa in BSS; I don't know what the biggest threat to outspeed in UZ will be, but 92 EVs will give you 438 speed after Tailwind, which should be enough to outspeed most mons. The choice between Flyinium and Fairium Z is up to what your team needs and which ends up being more useful in this meta.

Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Haven't gotten a chance to try this out in UZ, but it's fun (if kind of silly) in BSS and on paper I love it in this meta. Tailwind with Super Luck makes every attack crit, and Flynium Z Air Slash gives you a 175 BP STAB move that always crits. Dazzling Gleam for secondary stab (as if you need it) and Flamethrower for steel types that will give you trouble otherwise. Tailwind comes with the added benefit of making you extremely fast: EVs were chosen to outspeed max speed Pheromosa in BSS; I don't know what the biggest threat to outspeed in UZ will be, but 92 EVs will give you 438 speed after Tailwind, which should be enough to outspeed most mons. The choice between Flyinium and Fairium Z is up to what your team needs and which ends up being more useful in this meta.
You don't really need dual stabs because the Z-Move will end up being your Main Stab. Just run dazzling gleam with flyinium Z, vice versa, or Fire Blast to get a much stronger stab. Replace the secondary stab with Heal Bell to fully recover Hp and remove paralysis to help sweep, Z-Yawn to increase your speed and force a switch, or Hp ice (Lando and Zygarde). Flamethrower can be swapped for aura sphere (perfect steel coverage) or fire blast (more power)

Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Dazzling Gleam/Air Slash/Fire Blast
- Heal Bell/Yawn/Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower/Aura Sphere/Fire Blast

You don't really need dual stabs because the Z-Move will end up being your Main Stab. Just run dazzling gleam with flyinium Z, vice versa, or Fire Blast to get a much stronger stab. Replace the secondary stab with Heal Bell to fully recover Hp and remove paralysis to help sweep, Z-Yawn to increase your speed and force a switch, or Hp ice (Lando and Zygarde). Flamethrower can be swapped for aura sphere (perfect steel coverage) or fire blast (more power)

Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Dazzling Gleam/Air Slash/Fire Blast
- Heal Bell/Yawn/Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower/Aura Sphere/Fire Blast
Yeah, fair enough with the stabs. Now that I'm thinking harder about how this meta works, I don't think you real need dazzling gleam/air slash at all; you might as well do Fire Blast or Flamethrower for STAB with Flynium/Fairium and coverage as a non-Z move, Aura Sphere/HP Ice for coverage, and Heal Bell for healing + status cure. Z-Yawn doesn't seem that useful since you already have Tailwind giving you +2, but I guess forcing a switch is nice; I'm not sure it's that useful compared to a full heal + status heal though.

Incidentally, I feel like Duskinoir could have potential on more defensive teams in UZ. You get Haze for the full heal and to shut down setup mons (in a meta where a ton of status moves boost stats), Will-O-Wisp to shut down physical attackers, and a couple other good options for support moves on top of a decent attack stat and some new ways to boost it in Z-WoW and Z-Taunt. And I guess you have Spite + Pressure instead of Haze if you want to mess with stall instead of setup vOv

Yeah, fair enough with the stabs. Now that I'm thinking harder about how this meta works, I don't think you real need dazzling gleam/air slash at all; you might as well do Fire Blast or Flamethrower for STAB with Flynium/Fairium and coverage as a non-Z move, Aura Sphere/HP Ice for coverage, and Heal Bell for healing + status cure. Z-Yawn doesn't seem that useful since you already have Tailwind giving you +2, but I guess forcing a switch is nice; I'm not sure it's that useful compared to a full heal + status heal though.

Incidentally, I feel like Duskinoir could have potential on more defensive teams in UZ. You get Haze for the full heal and to shut down setup mons (in a meta where a ton of status moves boost stats), Will-O-Wisp to shut down physical attackers, and a couple other good options for support moves on top of a decent attack stat and some new ways to boost it in Z-WoW and Z-Taunt. And I guess you have Spite + Pressure instead of Haze if you want to mess with stall instead of setup vOv
Dusknoir could have been amazing. It has great defenses, decent attack, good abilities, and nice utility options. However, Spiritomb is a much better alternative because it has a better HP stat than caterpie and a better typing

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Wouldn't Celebrate be kinda counterproductive with Trick Room?
Just wanted to revive the thread with new info. And I doubt that 1 celebrate matters, if you have 0 IVs, 0 EVs, A negative nature and 45 base speed. It's better than Growth at least for the defenses. Otherwise you can Z-Growth for +2 SpA and 1 Atk, but no defenses. If I suggested that it wouldn't be anything new to post about. Wait eggegutor does f get growth, celebrate is the only option.

Since this meta has the opportunity to become OMOTM, I figured we might as well try and revive this thread to give inquisitive viewers an idea of what this meta is. So, I'm posting a stallbreaker that I have found to be effective so far:

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Mean Look
- Perish Song

Fairly simple in terms of usage. Z-Block into perish song, then spam protect/z-heal bell. This pokemon is immune to seismic toss, can switch into cresselia, dodging the 2HKO if 0 investment, and can just beat pretty much any stall pokemon in general. The only thing you have to watch out for is pursuit, but in a meta where high power base moves are pretty much everything, I doubt you'll see it.

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Roar

This looks busted.
Fake Out, flinch. With the Z Fake Out, he turns it into a damaging move, allowing you to run Fake Out, 3 status moves and wont be dead by taunt.
Parting Shot, decreases the attack and sp.attack of the oponent and the user switches (like it always did), however if its Z powered the replacement is full healed. Amazing.
Z Taunt taunts the oponent and increases its defense, and Z Roar switches the oposing pokémon and increases your attack. Amazing. If yours also use Persian-Alola and Sylvale-Fairy,
yours got a very hard to break core, as they heal themself and decreases the oponent stats when switching. A M A Z I N G.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Roar

This looks busted.
Fake Out, flinch. With the Z Fake Out, he turns it into a damaging move, allowing you to run Fake Out, 3 status moves and wont be dead by taunt.
Parting Shot, decreases the attack and sp.attack of the oponent and the user switches (like it always did), however if its Z powered the replacement is full healed. Amazing.
Z Taunt taunts the oponent and increases its defense, and Z Roar switches the oposing pokémon and increases your attack. Amazing. If yours also use Persian-Alola and Sylvale-Fairy,
yours got a very hard to break core, as they heal themself and decreases the oponent stats when switching. A M A Z I N G.
Actually, Taunt doesn't prevent the opponent from using Z-Status Moves.
Z-Fake Out is only 100 BP... On the other hand, stuff like Z-Hyper Beam is 200 BP.
Using Silvally-Fairy is kinda pointless since it won't be able to use a Z Move if it holds a fairy memory. (and holding a Z Crystal won't change it's type :< )

I'd use that set instead :

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Parting Shot
- Psych Up
- Toxic

Psych Up is here for recovery, Toxic to poison the opponent, Hyper Beam to nuke stuff, and Parting Shot is, well, the main reason to use that set.

Actually, Taunt doesn't prevent the opponent from using Z-Status Moves.
Z-Fake Out is only 100 BP... On the other hand, stuff like Z-Hyper Beam is 200 BP.
Using Silvally-Fairy is kinda pointless since it won't be able to use a Z Move if it holds a fairy memory. (and holding a Z Crystal won't change it's type :< )

I'd use that set instead :

Bold Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Parting Shot
- Psych Up
- Toxic

Psych Up is here for recovery, Toxic to poison the opponent, Hyper Beam to nuke stuff, and Parting Shot is, well, the main reason to use that set.
Oh didnt knowd that for Taunt. And the Fake Out was there so the oponent couldnt move - the flinch - in stall teams, it works well to make the poison deals more damage.
But its ok. And the Psych Up realy helps against setup-sweepers, so great. Too bad Silvaly cant change its typing via Z-Cristal. (Maybe Pangoro? Idk.)

Ultimate Z (or UZ for short) allows you to use any type of Z-Crystal on any move and as many times per battle as desired. The Z-Move of the type of the Z-Crystal used is called.
Is any pokemon allowed to use extreme evoboost with eevium z?
How do pokemon exclusive z-crystals work?
I'm going to start carrying a spectral thief smeargle if marshadium z and eevium z work. Maybe a blissey or mew with extreme evoboost as well.
On the other hand, I might not have read the rules right.

Is any pokemon allowed to use extreme evoboost with eevium z?
How do pokemon exclusive z-crystals work?
I'm going to start carrying a spectral thief smeargle if marshadium z and eevium z work. Maybe a blissey or mew with extreme evoboost as well.
On the other hand, I might not have read the rules right.
As mentioned in the OP, this OM only affects the typed Z-Crystals.

What happens to Pokémon specific Z-Crystals?
UZ only affects the different typed Z-Crystals. Pokémon specific Z-Crystals maintain their original requirements.

The Immortal
My bad. Sorry.
Would extreme evoboost still be viable on eevee?
Along with knowing wish + protect, the moveslot where last resort would be is freed up.
Baton Pass clause weakens it somewhat, since you can't pass to something super powerful.

EDIT:

Something found on another z-based meta that seems op af here.

drPumpkinz said:
So I was messing around with Talonflame, Comfey, and Whimsicott having priority, when I discovered something truly disgusting. Due to there not being any restriction to how many times you can use a Z-Move per battle, it's possible to spam stuff like Z Parting Shot and Z Conversion.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7zshift-32139

Oh, and here are the priority sets I was making before I discovered this nightmare.

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Aerial Ace
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Comfey @ Fairium Z
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Play Rough
- Draining Kiss
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind

Whimsicott @ Normalium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Growth

EDIT: More Z Status Cancer
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7zshift-32158

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Are Z-status moves that raise the user's evasion not banned yet? Because I posted a team earlier that is completely comprised of mons with Flash, Cosmic Power, a recovery move, and a high-PP move which could damage the meta pretty badly.

Just so this isn't a one-liner, here's some sun

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin / Will-o-wisp
- Lava Plume
- Explosion / Toxic / Will-o-Wisp
Just your average sun setter. I used Torkoal instead of Charizard-Mega-Y for Stealth Rocks and Heat Rock, but you could have it in a team as well.

Victreebel @ Firium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
Z-Sleep Powder boosts your Speed to a blistering 717 (outspeeding even a Scarfed Ninjask (lol), and Z-Growth boosts your Special Attack to an insane 820. Now you've got an unstoppable killer on your hands.
Special Walls:
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 362-426 (56.3 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Mantine: 304-358 (81.2 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-Defense: 364-429 (119.7 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (a Uber)

Mixed Walls:
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 315-372 (103.6 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 144+ SpD Sableye-Mega in Sun: 504-594 (166.3 - 196%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Unaware Walls:
252+ SpA Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Unaware Clefable: 290-344 (73.7 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Victreebel Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Pyukumuku: 288-338 (91.7 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Resisted Hits (not as important, but shows how powerful this monster is):
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 204+ SpD Dragalge in Sun: 228-269 (68.2 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

The only walls that Victreebel can't break through are those with very high special bulk, or a defensive typing that resists all of Victreebel's attacks:
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 110-130 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (Solarbeam is not viable in sand)
+3 252+ SpA Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO (a Uber)

Seems a bit simple, but it beats RIDICULOUSLY STRONG, after a tail glow, you can defeat even a chansey in the rain with a z-surf, yes, impressive, besides being healed of status with the rain

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Attachments

I don't know too much about this meta, but I made a silly team anyways:
Meloetta @ Psychium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Gravity
- Sing
- Hyper Voice
- Thunder

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Swampert @ Groundium Z
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Dusknoir @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Gravity
- Dynamic Punch

Ferrothorn @ Steelium Z
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gravity
- Thunder Wave

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Z-Gravity Boosts Special Attack, which can be useful on special attackers. With Gravity up you can fire nearly unresisted 200 base power ground type moves. Meloetta has z-sing to help switch in your ground spam mons while also allowing it to set up speed. Thunder is there due to 60% paralysis and its base power. I chose swampert over other ground types just b/c I find its water type useful.

Last edited:
I don't know too much about this meta, but I made a silly team anyways:
Meloetta @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Gravity
- Sing
- Hyper Voice
- Thunder

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Swampert @ Groundium Z
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Dusknoir @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Gravity
- Dynamic Punch

Ferrothorn @ Steelium Z
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gravity
- Thunder Wave

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Z-Gravity Boosts Special Attack, which can be useful on special attackers. With Gravity up you can fire nearly unresisted 200 base power ground type moves. Meloetta has z-sing to help switch in your ground spam mons while also allowing it to set up speed. Thunder is there due to 60% paralysis and its base power. I chose swampert over other ground types just b/c I find its water type useful.
Hey, this is a pretty cool idea. I think it could be optimized, though. For starters, a fast Gravity setter to replace Dusknoir (which isn't good):
Sableye @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Prankster
Bold / Impish Nature
- Gravity
- Psych Up
- Will-o-Wisp
- Focus Punch

Z-Gravity does what you said, Z-Psych Up checks setup and heals 100%, Will-o-Wisp boosts Attack by 1 but more importantly is WoW, and Focus Punch gives the strongest Never-Ending Nightmare available, respectively. I'd opt for Focus Punch cuz it lets you actually do something vs. Dark-types, which will probably try to set up on Sableye.

+1 0 Atk Sableye Focus Punch vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 236-278 (82.8 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Garchomp is a good choice for your primary Tectonic Rage abuser, but its set is worth tweaking.
Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws / Swords Dance
- Substitute / Poison Jab

Outrage gives a 190BP Tectonic Rage, compared to Giga Impact's 200, while just being more useful overall as a strong STAB. Stone Edge is Stone Edge. Z-Hone Claws is +2 Atk +1 Acc (nice for SEdge), while Z-Swords Dance is +2 Atk and restoring negative stat changes (good for Intimidate I guess?). I'd opt for Hone Claws but you do you. Substitute's function is obvious, but Poison Jab is also an option for beating Tapu Bulu -- I don't really like Substitute on teams that rely on five-turn field conditions.
You're on the right track with a Serene Grace user, but you forgot about Jirachi.
Dre (Jirachi) @ Groundium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gravity
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Thunder

Z-Happy Hour gives +1 to each stat, which is cool. Iron Head, Thunder, and Tectonic Rage have fantastic coverage; going mixed lets you fire off Tectonic Rages on whichever end of the spectrum seems appropriate, while maximum Special Attack gives you the best shot vs. Ferrothorn.

+1 252 SpA Jirachi Tectonic Rage (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leech Seed recovery
If you want Water-type presence, Swampert isn't really that good. Greninja, though, Greninja is good.
Greninja @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
Naive Nature
- Happy Hour
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power Fire

Water/Poison/Fire/Ground coverage is great, and Greninja gets STAB on all of them. Hydro Pump and Gunk Shot give strong Tectonic Rages on both ends of the spectrum and, incidentally, enjoy Gravity support. EVs are flexible, but I'd invest in SpA since a lot of special walls rely on Assault Vest or Eviolite to do their job, which... lol. Also, Intimidate is easier to ignore this way.
Ferrothorn is a good pick, no changes there. I'm not sure how I feel about Heatran as the rocker but I'm also not sure what I would run over it. If I ran Heatran, I would run this set though:
Heatran @ Groundium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Toxic / Taunt / Metal Sound
- Roar

Timid is standard on offensive sets to outspeed as many mons as possible. Hyper Beam isn't really necessary, since Z-Magma Storm is 180 BP anyways. Magma Storm is, incidentally, really cool. Rocks are rocks. Third slot can be whatever, Toxic and Taunt have obvious uses while Metal Sound boosts SpA by 1 to make good use of Magma Storm trapping. Roar is probably ideal, for the sake of stopping Z-Happy Hour users and friends.
Like I said, cool stuff.

Tapu koko is looking REQLLY ovrrpowred. Possessing 130 speed, it is the second fastest viable mom, the fastest needing a kill to reach that speed tier. In addition, tapu koko has 115 attack 450 bp move... basically forcing a ground type. Even then, koko clicks u-turn on the switch, or 2hkos with up ice, depnidng on the mon

Welp dont know if this going to get om of the month but figured id make a team for fun because wynaut. this all looks busted. built in like 5 minutes

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

yeah its not a z but sash + rocks is nice to guarantee some chip on everything coming in. standard lead drill. also has spin to support talon in back

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Splash
- Wood Hammer
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

:U mimikyu is cash in this meta because having something that cant get ohkoed is super nice. ghostium z rocks on this thing bc you can spam nightmares all day. z-splash is just a direct upgrade to swords dance. wood hammer is here just to get the 190 bp never ending nightmare (this thing doesnt get giga impact unfort). last two moves are self explanatory. basically regular mimikyu except it gets +3 instead of +2 and its z move is 50 bp stronger than z shadow claw

Jirachi @ Electrium Z
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

this is kind of a pick em' kinda set but hey. z happy hour that you can use continually is always fun. i chose electrium because i figure with these three moves i cover most stuff besides bulky waters so electrium smacks em down (chosen over bloom doom bc of pex). although really the purpose of this set is just to flinch stuff with iron head so anything else is just for steel resists

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

remember when we had to decide between rock or flying coverage on double dance landorus? those were really funny times.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Memento

scarfer is nice just to revenge anything that gets too out of hand. also packs an emergency defog for talon. in many cases something like a happy hour mon might be too bulkily (thats a word now) boosted to kill with draco so memento is there to let something else come in. ie the monster in the last slot. you can also slash toxic or t wave over psyshock if you think its not killing anything

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Giga Impact

anybody who misses the old talonflame will be rejoicing and singing and holding hands and making merry for this one. although the full health thing is annoying if you can keep rocks off the field with exca and latios then this guy can come in and spam +1 priority stab 200 bp skystrikes. the rest of the moves are just there in case you need them but for the most part this guy just comes in and wreaks havoc. wisp is nice if you need to stop a threat in a jiffy and roost can attempt to get back up to hp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)