Project Ubers Player of the Week · [Week #4: Omfuga]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acacia-Today at 8:10 PM
Post this in fugas potw

Assume the following scenario:

You expect a specific matchup incoming, and your opponent accepts challenge and you view on your screen exactly what you had been anticipating to see.

Opponent's team:
Ho-Oh / Groudon / Arceus-Ground / Yveltal / Magearna / Marshadow

Omfuga's team:
Venusaur / Keldeo / Skarmory / Chansey / Heatran / Bisharp

How did you prepare for this scenario and how would you feasibly attempt to win? There are no restrictions on how you edited sets or spreads to maximize the chances of winning prior to the start of the game so long as you have not replaced any pkmn of course, and the assumption is that your opponent has not altered his or her team, and is also well versed with the original version of the team you have brought.

Give this one a serious consideration as it's a decent thought experiment, and I'd like to see the approach you would take (if there even is one that accomplishes the goal without preying on the opponent choking on a turn by turn basis)

this is a question?
yes

who do you fuckin love in smogon

Tonyflygon :3

whos the best player uve played (other than hyw)

Tesung
Any favourite video games?
I'm not a big gamer actually. Kingdom hearts is my favorite video game though. I love melee too, ofc!

Who do you main on Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo GameCube released 21st November 2001?
Peach. She's so fun. Stop hating on peach 2017 :((

Acacia-Today at 8:10 PM
Post this in fugas potw

Assume the following scenario:

You expect a specific matchup incoming, and your opponent accepts challenge and you view on your screen exactly what you had been anticipating to see.

Opponent's team:
Ho-Oh / Groudon / Arceus-Ground / Yveltal / Magearna / Marshadow

Omfuga's team:
Venusaur / Keldeo / Skarmory / Chansey / Heatran / Bisharp

How did you prepare for this scenario and how would you feasibly attempt to win? There are no restrictions on how you edited sets or spreads to maximize the chances of winning prior to the start of the game so long as you have not replaced any pkmn of course, and the assumption is that your opponent has not altered his or her team, and is also well versed with the original version of the team you have brought.

Give this one a serious consideration as it's a decent thought experiment, and I'd like to see the approach you would take (if there even is one that accomplishes the goal without preying on the opponent choking on a turn by turn basis)
I don't understand this question and thus can't answer it.

fav rappers outside of nicki
Not a huge rap fan but:

GoldLink, Ice Cube, Eminem, Jay-z, Nas, Kendrick, Andre 3000, Lauryn Hill, Childish Gambino, Schoolboy Q

(in no order)

What advice do you have on learning a new tier? I'm trying to improve my skills at OU.
Ladder a bunch until you feel comfortable. Hit #1 a few times. Then join tournaments and it should come pretty easily to you.

I know you talked about the playing sports aspect of things, but are there any particular sports you enjoy watching? If so, what are some of your favourite athletes/teams in said fields?
Not a big sports fan tbh, as a spectator at least. I find sports boring to watch for the most part. I love statistics though so sometimes I follow sports just to read the stats. Sometimes I enjoy watching basketball, but I don't follow it avidly enough to have favorite players.

Thoughts on aegislash in the current meta? No one uses it ever cause they say it's bad but I feel like it has a niche on balanced being able to check quite a number of things.

how much do u love me
I can't quantify such a value with words or otherwise

how lit would it be if pdon got thousand arrows
it'd be pretty bad I think. RP/sd/thousand arrows/precipice is the only set I'd maybe consider.

Thoughts on aegislash in the current meta? No one uses it ever cause they say it's bad but I feel like it has a niche on balanced being able to check quite a number of things.
Aegislash is pretty cool! Try iron ball swords dance its actually strong AF.

+2 252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Gyro Ball (137 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Arceus-Ground: 381-448 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Otherwise a fatter set can be cool.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Atk / 72 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword

I used this as its one of the only good mons in the tier that solidly counters xerneas and lucario. You could use iron ball on this set, too. Also not trappable by broken retarded gengar!

who are 5 melee players you look up to or enjoy watching and what aspects of their game do you enjoy the most
1. Hungrybox- This dude's an inspiration to me because he uses a mediocre character (comparatively to marth/fox/falco) and faces extreme hate from the community but remains unfaltering no matter what. I admire that winning is pretty much everything to him. I started melee when hungrybox was the #5 player in the world and was almost considered a "tier below" the other Gods. To watch him climb regardless of hatred in the community to eventually be the #1 player (first half of 2016) was admirable to me and he's my favorite player!

As for gameplay, Hungrybox's combo game is underrated-- particularly his ability to extend through "tech chasing" which often consists of reads. The way it seems almost every player in the world has trouble landing kill moves on Hbox is nuts to me. His fantastic spacing shows when he avoids almost all kill moves (and gets great whiff punishes). That's why foxes imo are more intent on using lasers a bunch on him these days.

2. Axe- Axe is a player whose consistency is unmatched at his level. When you think of players near axe you think of guys like Sfat, Westballz, or Chudat. While these players all use characters who are considered better than pikachu (though tbf I think icies suck), none of them have results as consistent as axe's results. Axe is also by far the closest non-god to beating armada, even including Plup. Of the players axe has had trouble beating (hbox/armada/plup), he's been able to take them each to game 5. Axe has even taken a set off hbox in the past. I feel like people don't acknowledge axe's potential to become a top 3 player because they believe pikachu is too restricting. Personally, I love watching a lesser-used character, but I really don't think pikachu is that bad. I don't think any of pikachu's MUs are unwinnable. In contrast, Samus and Ice climbers have multiple MUs that I consider unwinnable, despite the fact that both Samus and Icies are considered superior to pikachu. Pikachu has the tools to win, and Axe is an amazing player, so I think he can get even better!

My favorite part of axe's gameplay is the edge guards he brings to the table. Axe has such a unique edgeguarding style that's both calculated while also still being aggressive and flashy. I really enjoy watching him edge guard.

3. The Moon- Moon has been a player who has been just outside of the cusp of greatness for a few years. Now, I feel as if he's shattered that barrier. He's amazing and has leveled up extremely in the past year and a half. It's sick for me to watch someone actively level up. I can see the difference watching moon now vs a year ago. He improves at such a rapid rate I think it's awesome.

It's no secret that I hate marth. A lot. But moon is always thinking when he's playing, often going for things that I don't see other marth players go for. Moon doesn't play lazy, something I find that most marths do, even M2k tbh.

4. Plup- It's good to be a plup fan. He's another player who rapidly improves incessantly. I think plup is the best sheik and the best samus in melee, and honestly I don't see much competition for either. It's very clear that plup is by far the best samus, but I also believe that his sheik is pretty much unmatched. He has m2k beat in almost every match up, except maybe the ditto. Plup doesn't drop sets to axe, any captain falcons, any samus players, or almost any character below sheik tbh. I think it's very possible that plup could one day be the best player in the world.

His gameplay imo is best described as "weird". it's centered on really strong movement and an unmatched shield drop game. No player in the world bases their gameplay off shield drops the way that plup does. Overall he's pretty much "great" in all categories tbh: edgeguarding, punish game, shield pressure, neutral, etc. I just think his shield drop centric game is sick. He'd be higher on the list if I didn't hate the "plup club" memes so much lool.

5. Amsa- Yoshi's fun af to watch and Amsa's adorable. That's pretty much most of why I like him LOL. Though I think yoshi's a pretty overrated character, Amsa seems to make it work. Honestly I don't think he can improve with solo yoshi, though i'm excited to see him perform in more tournaments soon!

My favorite part of his gameplay is tech skill. Maybe weird, but I like seeing all the yoshi-specific tech. Double jump cancels, edge stalling with eggs, double jump superarmor, and perrying are all really interesting for me to see. I just enjoy seeing a character with a lot of unique qualities.

Who wins the Peach/Sheik MU and why?

Peach players always say its 6:4 in favor of sheik; personally I think it's pretty even though. Peach's punish game on sheik can be pretty brutal, and peach can SDI sheik's utilt after dthrow to mitigate sheik's combo game as well. Sheik wins neutral but its not so bad. Peach's WD back can still punish a lot of sheik's approaches, and dash dance dash attack is really strong as always for peach. Edge guarding sheik isn't as easy as it looks, but its still not difficult. It sucks that peach doesn't really have throw combos, but at certain percents up throw up air is actually guaranteed on sheik regardless of DI (though it has to be near frame perfect). This helps because after a float aerial on sheik's shield you can't really dsmash, so you gotta mix up with jab/grab a lot. Sheik still wins neutral pretty heavily, but it's not so bad. But yeah I'd say 55:45 in sheik's favor overall. Also i'm not a top player so take it with a grain of salt :p!

Thoughts on Marth/Fox? Are Foxes just over privaleged fucks who complain when there's a challenge not exploiting Marth's weaknesses or does Marth actually win in your opinion?

Idk how I feel tbh. A lot of people have their opinions on the MU, but I've never touched either of these characters so I can't really say for sure lol. Just from a viewer's perspective though I don't see what fox can do more to take advantage of marth. I feel like when foxes beat m2k for example they just win neutral a HUGE amount of the time, and I don't really see how fox is supposed to reliably win neutral so many times. Just feels to me like its skewed for marth a bit, but idk, I don't play the match up. I think falco wrecks marth though. That's why I think the top 3 on the tier list are pretty much the same. It seems silly to me that there's an S+ rank for fox on the current tier list :x. I think it's very possible that fox is the best, but he's not a tier above marth or falco imo.

Best diss track?

none lol
omfg <3

Do you think SSB deserves a UU tier?
There are like lowtier tournaments and stuff. Personally I don't find them interesting lol. If we had a tournament without fox/falco/marth/sheik/puff maybe that'd be nice because every character still has losing MUs. Peach loses to falcon, falcon loses to pikachu, pikachu loses to ics/peach, etc loool. And chars like samus or yoshi could shine!

Lycans

Bebe's my bae
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Omfugoat :3
what's your motivation to keep playing this despite luck factor of this game?
what are ur predictions for possible winners of this Slam and OLT oo?

Last edited:
Omfugoat :3

Lcans :D!

what's your motivation to keep playing this despite luck factor of this game?

honestly there's not much motivation. It really sucks sometimes. lmfao. I just have to remind myself its just for fun!

what are ur predictions for possible winners of this Slam and OLT oo?

Blunder and Abr

We played long ago for HPL which I ended haxing you in late game, im sorry for that, what do you think about the players of that tournament and the tour too?

We played long ago for HPL which I ended haxing you in late game, im sorry for that, what do you think about the players of that tournament and the tour too?
Lol its np! I shouldn't get so angry anyway its obviously a game where luck is a factor and there's no reason for me to get so salty. I love HPL. Both years the experience was absolutely amazing for me. I love the Spanish and Latin communities. It's always a ton of fun to work with friends like Trosko, Reiku, Mdrag, etc. Also, the competition in HPL is actually really good; it definitely rivals UPL, and there are a lot of really good hispanic players who are lesser known on smogon.

i cant believe i just watched that entire mambo vs sideswipe game i have a headache now

what do u wanna do with ur life in terms of academics/job? also do u regret investing so much time into pokemon bc i do lol

i cant believe i just watched that entire mambo vs sideswipe game i have a headache now

what do u wanna do with ur life in terms of academics/job? also do u regret investing so much time into pokemon bc i do lol
I have no idea dude ;_;. No I don't actually. It's a fun hobby for me to pass the time but I generally keep in mind it's just a hobby. I am looking to do more productive things, though.

Reactions: bsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)