Type C: Losing Winner or Winning Loser? Round 2

Approved by Quite Quiet

It is time to change the rules. Everyone goes on to win games, and to follow the best path to victory. Everyone aims to be the GOAT.
Well here, you’ll want to be the WOAT. To win the match, you will have to lose your game. You will have to reverse your thought process to anticipate the best way to lose.

Of course, some rules must be enforced to have an actual game. You won’t be able to bring one Scarf Gengar with Explosion but instead, you will give your opponent the team he’ll use during your game. You’ll also show your opponent how better your team was if you succeed to lose. Double bragging possibility!

General Rules
  • Single Elimination Tour
  • SM OU, bo1.
  • All standard tournament rules apply
  • Matches will be played on either Showdown or SmogTours
  • If a ban/unban happens or a new clause is added at any point during the tournament, it will take effect as soon as the new round starts
  • If your opponent breaks any of the rules, it is up to you to decide whether you would like to take the win or rematch

Tournament Specific Rules
  • Every turn, after you received the match-up, you MUST PM ME the team you want your opponent to use. Teams must have 6 Pokes and Pokes must have 4 moves each. When I have both teams from a match-up, I will send the teams to the respective players and tag you on the thread so you can play. You are of course allowed to decide to keep the same team for the whole tour. Just say so in your first PM if that is the case.
  • You may not switch more than 5 TIMES IN A ROW. Replays are mandatory to check this mostly (and to allow me to work through the confusion of “I won / lost my game”). Replays may be PM'ed if players prefer not to reveal teams.
  • Forfeiting will not count as a loss but as a win, so if you forfeit, your opponent advances. Same thing with a timeout.
  • This will not count for SC, hence the no-banner. I added the "Type C" for the record.
jortml vs Casparov
The Idiot Ninja vs omastar
McMeghan
vs Astoria
Brancus vs Za Meowdo
Indigo Plateau vs KoldKappuccino
ThePrime vs Undrafted
Hassin627 vs Aronskii
HQuaze
vs blizzardy

(underlined players have submitted their team for opp, those in bold have won their match)

I added a rule about the number of mons and moves you are supposed to use building your opp's team.
Deadline is Monday, November 20th GMT+1 afternoon (cause I wake up early on weekdays and that would leave no Sunday time for american people). Remember to send me the teams for your opponent so I can send them before you play!! Replays are mandatory, but can be sent via PMs (I intend to reveal all replays at the end of the tournament, tell me beforehand if you'd rather keep your games secret).
Also, would appreciate some help with the tagging. I have no badge, so I believe I can't tag more than 5 people on the same post.

Extension deadline: Friday, November 17th GMT+1 afternoon
Deadline: Monday, November 20th GMT+1 afternoon

Have fun and bad luck everyone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)