Programming Twitch Chat Pokemon Database Bot

Heya!

I have created a Twitch Chat Bot which responds to commands, providing all the necessary info about Pokemon, Items, Moves, Abilities and Learnsets. It is based on Pokemon Showdown's database, so it has up-to-date info and will be updated with S/M's data shortly after their release.

It is open-source and of course free as freedom. It is easily customizable for each channel's needs.

My goal is to make Pokemon streams friendlier to a wider audience, since any chat user can get the info they need on the fly. It is very useful especially for cartidge streamers.

Commands/Features (configurable):
  • !data name : Detailed info about a Pokemon, Move, Ability or Item, alongside a Smogon and/or a Serebii link
  • !learn pokeName, moveName : Info about whether and how a Pokemon can learn a Move. Also checks its other formes and evolutions. Provides a Serebii link.
  • !egg pokeName1, pokeName2 : Similar egg groups between 2 Pokemon. Provides a Serebii link for both Pokemon.
  • Text correction. If a user mistypes a name, the Bot will find the closest similarity.
  • Mod-only mode, to avoid spam.
  • Enable whispers, so the Bot will also answer to commands sent to it through whisper.
  • Cooldown: A time period in which the the Bot will not respond to the same data commands.

Source, runnable file and more info: https://github.com/themetalfleece/ircpokemonbot

usage.PNG

This is my first GitHub project, so I would appreciate any feedback or recommendation! I hope you may find it useful.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)