Other Triples OU Gardevoir Team

Hi this is my first time posting in this section, but i wanted some feed back for the first triples team i made a little while ago. its a little CHALK-y but theres a few tricks on it ive found to be useful. I made this for the triples battles at the mansion and have gotten 160+ win streak with it. Since in triples you have to lay down a line, ill keep these in order of apearance. I dont mind breeding so if theres any changes you see please let me know!

Frontline

Gardevoir (Billy) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Ally Switch

So this is my main girl. Really the only reason why i chose her was because when i first got back into pokemon after a few year hiatus back in febuary, i got my arse handed to me by it by one of my friends. So i picked up a ralts and about a week later ( I was very unfamilar with breeding at the time) i had her! Hyper voice is there for main damage output as it gets pixelate fairy typing when she megas. Its does great damage, hits multiple enemys with no ally back lash, and to make things fun, hits behind substitutes. Psyshock is there for special wall breaking, protect cuz meh, and ally switch ill get into in a min.

Landorus- T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adament Nature
- Earthquake
- Rockslide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Do i even need to defend this thing? Its just ridiculous in every conceivable way. intimidate to screw the mostly physical metagame, albeit defiant bait. Rockslide as a safe flinch move on all opponents, while also taking care of flying types cause....why not? xD U turn for nailing alakasam cause i just dont like him, but mainly to get him off the field while maybe breaking sashes. Superpower i didnt use often, but when i did i was glad to have the coverage. Earthquake was a really, really fun move to have on him. it plays well with this team because as i get into it more, the back line was immune so i wasnt strapped for options for switch ins, and having protect on both sides of him meant he could devastate the field while the opponent usually targeted one of the two protected mons.

Heatran (Harkon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Earth Power

This guy is just as escential to the core as Billy is, he compliments her better then any groom! takes out steel And fairy types that the other twos coverage doesnt handle the greatest. I need to keep lando going, so he doesnt have as much time as heatran to really pick on a specific threats the same way. This is also where ally switch really comes into play, i LOVE when people try bringing there steel types out on the field. Ally switch + Heat wave is one of the best tricks this team has to offer, it also helps to get him over to the other side of the field for fairys, and helps him dodge EQ's since Garde can usually take one like a champ, especially after an intimidate. Heat wave is his main move for multi targets and pairs pretty well with Billys Hyper voice. Earth power to deal with fire types and protect to stall a turn while the others take care of the threat, or so lando can get his jollies in with a EQ of his own

Backline:

Tornadus- T @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Hurricane
- Knock off

TBH this guy is a result of aloooot of disappointment. This was one of the first few catches i did and wasnt till much later i was able to get the lando. I was bummed to see my game (OR) came with him when i looked into the therians trio, and i was bummed to find that i couldnt get a regen ho oh on this cart when i looked into that. So i think i was mainly just wanting SOMETHING from both tragedies and vola! Kinda made me think of a little mini Ho oh, not really, but when your that bummed out make the best of what you got i guess. Ive really have no complaints about him tho when the intial "not good enough" judgement was over. Mixed attacking, half decent coverage options, tanks special hits and uturns to synergies with lando, while all boasting amazing speed. Really nothing to complain about here. add in the fact hurricane hits any where on the field and he had become and amazing offensive supporter.

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

This one i was a little proud of. Being new to the SR field and no power save or anything at my disposal. i pulled out a perfect HP/Def/Sp Def with a 0 Spe stat. So to me that meant she was going on the team even if i had to cram her in there. Originally had trick room on there, but i found that not being used enough and she is reeeeeally good at stalling, so toxic became much more desirable. Honestly shes won battles all on her own before. She tanks everything and heals it off, and i didnt find it very hard at all to find turns for her to set up. She was my catch 22, you could ignore her and let her set up to sweep your team, or you could focus on her and let the other two team mates sweep your team, honestly didnt care in the slightest which way it went so i didnt mind playing reckless with her. but true to form she really covered me even when i would make a bad play. Safety goggles really came in handy against powder users and the extreme amount of weather setters i came across.

Rotom- W @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Got this little guy from a Wondertrade and the exact term "Glue pokemon" is what got him on this team. i had no clue what else to put on this team and the smogon page kinda just said put him in if your not sure what else your team needs. Dont know if he really helps the team all that much, but he hasnt held it back that much to say the least. Water/Electric attack would hit most for neutral, he could tank a hit fairly well. Laid down status to help break physical powerhouses/ stall. Protect to help stall and honestly was used more often then i though it would. Berry extended his life tremendously.

If you got this far, thank you! Id like to think i put a good amount of thought into this but i really didnt. i took the special pokemon from my game and paired it with some OU darlings. Thing fell into line more then anything. Please let me know what you think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)