Triple Battle Metagame (GBU)

I just 6-0ed some poor Spanish person without any of my Pokémon taking any damage at all. His Kingdra did manage to fire a Hydro Pump... but it missed...

I think a big strategy missing from the list above is Gravity. I would love to try a Gravity team with a Jigglypuff with the Friend Guard ability...

greetings from the future!

ive been dabbling in this meta since my vgc13 career is basically over, and i decided to necro this thread because it's still on the front page, even though this subforum is basically dead. i've built a fairly good team that could use some tweaking, but basically it centers around double helping hand+spread moves. i've had a fair number of good battles, usually against surfspam or regular rain, but they almost always end in disconnects, though some were on my end (accidental, mind you. sorry if i d/c'd on anyone here; i would never intentionally d/c) and some were probably accidental on their end. here's the team:

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
Careful, Prankster
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

Will-O-Wisp
Sunny Day
Taunt
Feint

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Heat Wave
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Lilligant @ Grass Gem
Modest, Chlorophyll
Enough SpA to OHKO ttar in sand, enough Speed to outspeed Jolly Breloom, and rest in HP

Leaf Storm
Sleep Powder
Helping Hand
Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly, Justified
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Close Combat
Rock Slide
Safeguard
Protect

Latias @ Haban Berry
Timid, Levitate
idr the evs lol

Draco Meteor
Icy Wind
Helping Hand
Light Screen

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Adamant, Technician
252 Atk / some other evs

Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Acrobatics
Protect

Usually, turn one goes something like Sunny Day+Heat Wave+Helping Hand with lilligant, and stuff starts falling pretty quickly or i can pick out one 'mon and completely destroy it with Sunny Day+Helping Hand boosted Overheat. Once Chandelure goes down, Terrakion comes in as back up and destroys everything with one or two Helping Hands. I need to replace Safeguard with Helping Hand (maybe even solarbeam>energy ball), but I haven't changed it cos i'm lazy :p The biggest problems I have with the team are other chandelure, trick room, and tailwind stuff. Also the weakest link seems to be Scizor, so I'm thinking of replacing it, but what do you guys suggest?

This is directly off the top of my head, but how about bulky Thundurus-I? You can seldom go wrong with priority taunt, thunderwave, and the ability to live gem-boosted meteors.

If ya want something else to handle Chandelure better, you can go for Hydreigon. Idk how you'd feel about tacking on another ice-weak guy but it handily beats Chandelure and can smack most TR/Tailwind setters for heavy damage if not KOs.

i feel like hydreigon would be doing what latias does with draco meteor (which is pretty much just killing other dragons, and it probably hits just as hard as 'dreigon with one or two helping hands). i think a slightly more offensive thundurus with dark pulse might be worth looking into though, since it can hit anything on the field, as well as the priority thunder wave or maybe even substitute thing.

my pickings are looking pretty slim admittedly for steel types that can handle chandelure, since the ones i've narrowed it down to are heatran and bisharp. of the two, i think i might try bisharp first since a lot of trick roomers are weak to sucker punch, and i can force people to attack with sableye's taunt. heatran would be cool, though it overlaps with chand and can't run a scarf because of this (i chose chand in the first place because it couldn't be fo'd). i might have to try reflect over light screen for fighting moves and/or fit in a psychic move on latias to accommodate another fighting weakness, though.

also for your viewing pleasure, here is the best battle i've had with the team thus far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)