Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen UU Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Florges

Zygarde was more broken than influential imo this is becoming more like a list of most broken Pokemon to grace UU and not the most influential

mew

i guess zyg is pretty influential as well...but mew p much made xy balance. id say its better than florges in that regard too because there have been points in 6th gen where florg hasnt been very favorable over other fairies (not only when sylv dropped either)

Florges

Zygarde was more broken than influential imo this is becoming more like a list of most broken Pokemon to grace UU and not the most influential
I see what you mean, but in a lot of instances the broken Pokemon do warp the metagame around themselves for as long as they're there. Zygarde at least wasn't horrible like Keldeo or Diggersby where they had zero counterplay (well, to be fair Latias was UU the same time Keldeo was) and you just had to bend over and hope it didn't last too long. Zygarde did pretty effectively break the bulky water metagame, forcing basically all of them to mess with their movesets and run Ice Beam. Honestly, if Milotic had been popular then before Zygarde dropped I could have seen it staying a lot longer than it did, since it always had the space for Ice Beam.

That being said, Florges. Even after Blissey and Sylveon dropped it still sees a good amount of usage.

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor
Florges was a key member of 6th gen UU both in XY and ORAS until sylv dropped, literally could not build a successful BO/Balance team w.o. it since I'm a nerd.
Give this thing titan already

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Florges pulls away as the 8th most influential Pokemon of 6th gen UU!

Voting for #9 starts now!

Zygarde: 7
Florges: 11
Feraligatr: 2
Mew: 4

Mega Pidgeot
|
Celebi

Zygarde
|
Krookodile

Mew
|
Sylveon
|
Slowbro

Swampert / Mega Swampert
|
Feraligatr
|
Entei

Zapdos
|
Conkeldurr
|
Mamoswine

My vote still goes to Zygarde for #9

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Entei

consistent top tier threat throughout the entirety of 6th gen, cb sacred fire is a stupidly spammable and powerful move and pretty much forced every bo, balance and bulkier build to have a reliable physically defensive water type. even though it basically only ever ran 1 set (i guess av was a somewhat popular choice in early xy), the cb set shaped the metagame in a way that makes Entei deserving of a place as a 6th gen uu titan.

Last edited:
Conkeldurr

This may seem a little unconventional, but Conk has really changed the meta a whole lot in its short time down here. It has literally made status spreading a nightmare and is easily one of the best switchins to scald that the tier has ever had to offer (bar stuff that's immune to scald). Definitely does wonders in a tier where scald is so omnipresent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)