Finals The World Cup of Pokemon VIII - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Congrats East, even though we had some differents, you're still a great team and definitely worthy of the title. Thanks Team France for letting me play, even tho i went 0-2, I still really enjoyed this wcop. It's just a matter of time before we get that trophy, I'm confident about it!

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats East!! Although Asia didn't win, I'm happy that East did! Initially for this wcop, I was hoping either East or Asia would win and getting an East vs Asia finals was the best !_! I went for tryouts for fun and didn't really think I'd make it cos I don't have like any good tournaments record LOL. Thanks MoP and Dice for picking me as sub ^_^ I blame Luck for playing the last game so I didn't get to play any D:! xD also shoutouts ya~~

Dice: Initially I only knew you as Princess Bri the guy who does OU QC and RMT stuff. Haha great knowing you!!! P much the first person I first interacted with more than like blara and pttp ?_?_?_! Thanks for teaching me some stuff and testing my teams with me even though I didn't get to play ^_^ Let's play some time y/y and I'll finish dog okayyyyyyyyyy >_> dogs are so hard to draw!!! e: also sleep properly man!!! LOL

blarajan: or aka blajaran when I kept typing it as that like one year ago lol! Also hahahaha blara isn't bad at OU :p good job proving many people wrong ^_^ this guy knows his thing. Good teammate overall :)! too bad our timezones don't really match so we don't talk much lol!

Luck: haha friendly guy. Had fun building the Jynx team with you ^_^! Also thanks for testing my teams like Dice although I just end up cteaming you because of random unorthodox stuff I use xD I will hate you forever for playing the last LA game too fast D:< nah jkjk xD /me pet

PttP: kacaw!! you have good forsight in battles like you have bird-eye view *_* I never got your relationship with Eo though hahahaha. /me pet PttP also love your sun team !_! also thanks for defending Asia that we're not a superteam :) is loyal kacaw

MoP: gosh you and your UU lmao!!!!!!! really dedicated team captain who tests a lot of things and point out flaws in teams etc etc. Although you're sometimes (like rarely?? idk??) like EVERYONE SHUT UP and stuff but you really keep the team together and keep everyone in check etc like what Dice said ya. Win it next year MoP! ^_^

Yusuke: really strong player and huge underdog. No one had any idea who you were with like no posts and ended up 5-1!!! good run Yusuke :D

Bryce: hahaha don't see you often! so who are you too? hahaha

WhiteQueen: You beat koko!!!!!! LOL great requested match xD

Squirrel: :D dunno you much either but :D!

It was great seeing all the matches and stuff~! It's a blast Asia! ^_^ Hope you guys win next year :D

edit: OOPS gene is a bot imo xD

Last edited:
All ill say is I wish I had some more time to build instead of scrambling before the scheduled time or asking dice. Thanks for having me Asia, wish I played better and picked better teams. Congrats east, some dudes I like got trophies and I'm happy for ya (aug and stone)

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
We finally won the World Cup! Congratulations to Asia for being great opponents in the Finals, I always thought you guys are a dangerous team to face. Also to Germany and especially France, who certainly gave us a scare until the very end. I think all our games in that series ended up being a 1-0 or 2-0 to either side, except for LuckItUp’s game haha. I won’t be able to forget being ggGrassKnot’ed by a Superachi for a while either.

Shoutouts:
Stone_Cold22: You weren’t around as much as all of us (including you) would’ve liked in this tournament, but you are still a great captain, the best for our group of guys for sure. Like dragonuser said you always know how to raise our morale, and I am thankful that you recruited both me and CTC to a team with not only an amazing group of players but also a team with great chemistry. I both love and hate playing you in BW since I know my losses to Shaymin, Scrafty, Mantine, Swanna (although I don’t think I ever lose to this one) can and will be used against me. Also reiterating that the trolling incidents the team pulled on you were because we love you, Dave. I’m sure we will stay in touch for years to come.

Yondie: While Dave wasn’t always on irc, big Yonder is always there for us, keeping the chat active if only by talking about cool animes and mangas, which I also enjoy. You’re one of the coolest new guys I’ve met on East, and I now understand why even before wcop dragonuser said that team East wouldn’t be the same without you. You and Dave are practically co-captains on this team, and I think the fact that you guys have different personalities only makes the team better, as we all know you both want what’s best for East. Also for your love towards Emily Ratajkowski, The Breaker, and Friends, I love you no homo. I hope this trophy can dilute the amount of salt running through your blood. #StarsAligned

August: Being on the same team with the legendary Mr. Smith himself is unreal. For a guy who can only play one tier like me its amazing to see someone who excels in so many tiers. I think the Grand Slam is yours to win, so I’ll be rooting for you on that. It may not mean much coming from a guy with a mediocre record as me, but I think it’s pretty clear that your wcop record doesn’t reflect your skill level as a player. Unfortunate circumstances such as hax and 50:50s really hurt you in this tournament, but I’m glad you took it for the team. #StayBlazed my friend

Bad Ass: I know you are a great player even before wcop from watching you play in tours and your youtube videos bashing me on my OST game (ouch my feelings!), and seeing you play in this tour only reaffirms that belief for me. You managed to wiggle your way to a win from less than desirable matchups vs France and Germany, both of which are crucial for our team. Also as CTC said you have a really DRY sense of humor, but you’re such a good kid who always insists on doing the right thing so I guess that makes up for it huehuehue.

BKC: Best stall player in BW. No matter how much you hate playing BW2 OU you still wreck at this tier. I like how you go out of your way to use Tailwind Offense and Sun Offense to throw your opponents off, but yet you still won 6-0 both times you used stall. You even rejected your girlfriend’s offer to hangout just to teambuild and play your wcop game, so I guess in a way you deserve this trophy the most out of all of us lol. You’re just a really chill guy to talk to, and those team building text messages would be something I truly miss.
<&BKC> WHERE THE FUCK IS SMOGON IM GOING TO FUCK LIZARDMANS MOM IN THE ASS IF I DONT GET MY FUCKING SMOGON BACK!!!! FUCK GR8ASTARD AND FUCK DRAGONUSER TOO

CTC: Where do I even start with this guy. The complete embodiment of a PO (BAN ME PLEASE), you’re loud, conceited, and obnoxious... on purpose. Skype calls are dead without you, and I think it made everyone realize how much you liven up the East team just by being your usual (BAN ME PLEASE) self. I won’t make comments about your teambuilding/battling skill because everyone knows you don’t need any more ego boost, except that you’re complete shit at both. Just kidding, CTC always made sure everyone knows what a shitty matchup he had prior to a game, and the only reason he ever wins a Pokemon game is by outplaying his opponents with his superior intellect. I hope we can be teammates in SPL but I’m 99% the Ruiners will retain you so I guess fuk bloo :]
How to build like CTC: http://puu.sh/3Sczi.png

dragonuser: I finally realize why everyone said dragonuser received the most blowjobs out of everyone in East: you’re the best guy anyone could ask for in a team tournament. It goes without saying that you’re a great player, but you’re constantly helpful in teambuilding and testing, always have constructive and positive things to say unlike the guy above, and is overall a really chill guy. As long as you continue to play this game you will always be East’s backbone. I will always look forward to the chance of teaming up with you again. Also Akame is hot hehe

Lizardman: A great player with a knack to bring the chat to life with the most random things to say, I’m happy to be on the same team with you. Echoing what dragonuser said, you need to have more confidence and time during wcop. Don’t let the trolls get to you man. Either way though, I think you are a great player and team East just wouldn’t be the same without your presence (see: THELIZ bin).

ShakeItUp: LuckItUp has a 1/16 chance to lose in a team tournament. Some people might say that there is no way this is all due to luck, and that he has to have a great amount of skill in conjunction with some luck to pull this kind of record, but I completely disagree. SIU without luck would be a worse Jayde at best. Lol jk man you’re a great player and a fun guy to have around on irc and skype. Your attitude towards this game is very refreshing: it is just a game after all. I’m glad you decided to talk to me before wcop so we can sort everything out with Stone_Cold, as without you on the team we wouldn’t inherit the luck that comes with it.

IFM: Great guy and a very solid player, you’ve built a few cool teams during the playoffs. I had hoped that BKC would’ve used the team you made in his finals game, but he decided to yolo it and use sun instead. I wish you could’ve been more active in irc, but nonetheless I’m happy we finally won the trophy!

Jayde: You are a very good player and iirc you haven’t even played this game for that long so you can only improve as the time goes by. I respect you if anything for refusing to be bullied by CTC into submission, I’m sure you will be an integral player for East eventually but in the meantime we all got a blue pixel trophy for show! Oh and the freeze fucking mattered.

Peachy: One of the most skillful players on the team, it was a shame that you didn’t want to be as involved in wcop this year, but at the same time it gives other players like me a chance to play so I guess it all worked out. Needless to say that you still bossed for us in the finals, getting us that crucial second win that puts our team at ease. I hope we can still keep in touch if only to talk about the latest Akame chapters once a month haha

Nails: Helpful random on the East channel, was gonna say thank you but he said he hates me so fuck you too bro. jk Nails has been a positive presence on our channel as long as I can remember, shame that you have some kind of Toxic fetish that I will never understand.

Tobes: I don’t talk to you much so I can only say one thing: the legend of TobesTran lives on!

Lamppost: Also didn’t get to talk to you much but much like Tobes your legend in the form of last year’s tiebreak vs Oceania lives on. Best of luck in your LoL endeavors, because I honestly don’t have a single clue wtf you were saying.

PDC: One of the most active guys in our channel, watching you use crazy sets/teams have been entertaining to say the least. Ebelt Gyarados still sucks imo, but hey what do I know

DittoCrow, StevenSnype/Andrew/BingBongBaller, Fabbles, Uragg, sirndpt: I would’ve much preferred a hotter group of cheerleaders but oh well, you work with what you have.

I would like to end this by saying that even though we were favorites from the very beginning given the great players we had on the team, this win is only made possible because of our team chemistry: the core of the team stayed largely the same as last year, and everybody realized that we can only win by working hard, constantly willing to test teams and improve our game. Thanks to you guys my wcop experience has been incredible.

p.s. to AsianAkhiMarth don't let the haters get to you, you crumpet-eating-rice-hating fagboy! It would've been much better if you just post the logs of Asia raging, but we know you have the technological ability of a two-year-old.

Last edited:
Shoutouts:
Stone_Cold22: You are one of the most lighthearted funny people, and a great captain. You know when to be serious, and know when to joke or troll. I remember how you tutored me a long time ago, and I do appreciate how you gave me a spot on the team the past two years. People misunderstand you sometimes, but you are a good guy. You play for the fun of the game, by using some of the most gimmicky and seemingly stupid sets at times. You would go out of your way to help any of your friends out and that is truly an admirable trait. You always want to make everyone happy in some way or form. We need to play league of legends sometime.

Yondie:You are a funny and serious guy. I am glad you appreciate my lizbin, and I am glad I made some of you guys laugh. In Peachy's case, she probably wasn't laughing. Although however, you were really professional as a captain. Always tried to do what was right for the team, always was looking out for your teammates. You truly reminded me of an NFL coach. Last year you did well during wcop, so maybe next year you can play again or something. I do have confidence in my abilities, but I decided to give my starter spot up for other reasons. I appreciate your concern and kind words. It is good that both of us are friends now. I remember when Sheep and you used to troll me when I was a noob. x]

August: This guy is a true boss. August, I am glad to have met you during SPL, and have had an even greater pleasure working with you during this wcop. You are one of the most clutch and chill players I have ever met. Your ability as a teambuilder is rather impressive since some of your teams looked standard at a glance, but when you look at the pastebin you can see how creative and anti metagame they were. You are a good guy, smart, gets bitches, and have an awesome job at an army base. Keep bossing in life, and stay cool. I look foward to working with you during next SPL and Wcop if I still am playing this game. One of the original bosses of DPP OU.

Bad Ass: You are a really good and funny guy. Watching you play always brought a smile to my face, since you sometimes used gimmicks which made me scratch my head just a little but they always convinced and used to do major work. Rest/Talk Ninetales, and I do remember how you bossed with Low Kick Mew during last wcop. Watching you dominate and be a MVP during this wcop was impressive. Always kept your teammates attitudes and morale high, and gave plenty of playtests and good advice. You are a strong and versatile player.

BKC: In my eyes, you are the best stall player in this game today. Not only in BW2, but in DPP OU as well. You create very many teams, and put a ton of time and work into them. You are nice, fair, and helpful. You most surely got into the heads of your opponents since they knew you liked to use stall teams, but you always used to mix it up. You would then use offense and take advantage of that, and when neccessary you would go back to your favorite style and beat people in mirror matches with it. You have a great taste in music, and you should link me some of your favorites. You help people who need it and keep an open mind by trying to innovate stall to defeat the common stallbreakers, or try unique things like tailwind suicune or hydreigon for example on non stall teams. You are a smart player and maybe next smogon tour you will get your trophy. :)

CTC: This guy is really funny. I always thought it was funny how you would troll on the forums and everyone would be like "whitequeen 2.0" and get mad. They would always take you seriously, when you are honestly not even trying or could care less what people would think of you. You created non stop teams of every playstyle, and many of our players took some of your ideas and made their own ones out of them. You really have proved yourself to be a based motherfucker, and a long time east teammate. Working together, talking on skype, planning strategies, you were very involved with everything. First impressions are important, and you really destroyed and impressed us during Wcop. A true MVP, and likely one to stay.

dragonuser: Ah, my old friend Dragonuser from Serebii. I remember when you were a small pea pod, and gradually grew in a very tall strong indian beanstalk helluva guy of a player. You are very nice, courteous, smart, versatile, helpful, and you never fail to win and get blowjobs from your team for wombo comboing so hard. You may give me thanks for helping you grow as a player, but you should really be thanking yourself. You worked incredibly hard, never complained, and you endured the transition period from a casual player into a competitive one. All I did was direct the sunlight just a little bit for the beanstalk to grow properly. It was all you man, and you should truly be proud for how strong you have become. Not only in bw2, but in DPP and ADV as well. Honestly, I may have given you some teams, but I should really be thanking you. You helped me quite a bit too, and always returned the favor. An indian boss worthy of champion status, and in my opinion one of the very best bw2 teambuilders.

Gr8stard: Don't let the haters hate. If anything, they should be annoyed at the tournament directors for making the decision. You are so strong, and you do deserve your trophies. You and CTC were kind of like the heart of the team, as we used your teams more than anyone elses. You are a friendly, chill, and quiet guy. You may only have a decent record 3-3, but you are so much better than that and all of the team knows that. I really loved the creativity you put into your teams, and you can always tell if a team if yours by the way it is structured. I took some of your ideas, and used them with some of my teams to. You were very impressive during this wcop and definitly steered the team into the correct direction. It was a great pleasure in working with you, and many more wcop seasons to come.

ShakeItUp: Man, we were on every single team together and I always enjoyed being your teammate. You are a very cheerful lighthearted guy, and you don't care what others thought of you when people got mad at you. You wield HO so well, and evade counterstyles better than anyone I saw in recent history. You are a great teambuilder, and it is always so fun watching you play. Since I like your attitude and watching your playstyle in action. You always tried to help the team the best you could, and always kept people optimistic. I am very glad you joined us instead of team asia. Since honestly, it wouldn't be a US East without you. Especially since we have been teammates for so long. I look foward to spending SPL with you if I still play. People may say you are lucky (they say im lucky too) but those claims are greatly exaggerated. Be proud and happy that you were 15-1 during SPL and wcop combined. Nobody ever does that, and it truly is an amazing feat.

IFM:You truly sound like a radio host when you used to do the smogcast, or youtube stuff like that. You are a really cool and chill guy and a great league player. An amazing pokemon player, but you don't really have the motivation anymore. Which is completely fine, since there is better things in life to enjoy. When you used to play you used to be amazing, and if you were to try your best again you'd still be amazing. I remember haxing you on the ladder right before you would get suspect testing reqs, in two different suspect tests. I felt a bit bad for doing that, and I am glad you didn't hold a grudge against me and we were always able to work together as teammates. Maybe one day you'll come back to competitive pokemon and carry us again someday. I also thank you for reccomending me for US East last season and this one.

Jayde:

Nails:

Tobes:

Lamppost:

PDC:

DittoCrow, StevenSnype/Andrew/BingBongBaller, Fabbles, Uragg, sirndpt:

I will finish shoutouts later guys, but I g2g. I really wouldn't want our wcop team to be any different. You guys are the best! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)