The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
MEANWHILE IN US CENTRAL....

[5:31:38 PM] Finch: someone add me back
[5:31:40 PM] Finch: after sam game
[5:31:42 PM] Finch: i cant think rn

[5:31:45 PM] Finch: 5-4.
[5:31:45 PM] Finch: someone add me back
[5:31:45 PM] Finch: after sam's game
[5:31:45 PM] Finch: i cant be in groups rn

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Well damn, it's over. I wish it could've lasted longer, but I had a lot of fun while it lasted and I hope all of you guys did, too. To avoid getting called out by a certain Asian SmashPass user, I'll keep my "shoutouts" brief and to the point, but I'd like to say a few words still. Coming into the tour we were predicted to finish near the bottom of the standings and through a lot of prep, tests, and continuously improving play, we managed to make playoffs. I cannot physically express how proud I am of all of our newer players for showing their progress and making strides with prep, play, and being good teammates. I hope to see some of you in future tournaments - especially next WCOP back on Central - and I hope ya'll stick around on IRC to chat. Good games Spain, you guys are a solid team with some strong players and I hope you guys have a good series with Germany. Rooting for East to win it from here on out because they're also a strong team with a lot of friends, but good luck all around.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
My game isn't happening. Giara has been having internet problems at his Grandparents and missed the times for yesterday and didn't log in today. Talked to McMeghan and he doesn't mind me taking the activity since I need to boost the overall win percentage and break the top 10 :p Also talked to I believe Zephyr yesterday and they didn't have any subs that could GSC so rip my game. Was a fun series France. Always a pleasure doing battle with you guys!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lost to blunder gg, ik this guy is lucky time to time but i confirm righ now criting the one mon he cant beat !

Last edited:
Well guys, we had a great season, and we made it farther than anybody expected. Even though I was not officially a part of the team, I still had a great time hanging out.

Finchinator: You did a great job and put in a lot of effort for yourself and the rest of the team. I know that if you had not been on Central, we wouldn't have made it as far as we had.

Zebraiken: Not really much to say. You were a good player, and a great captain.

Laurel: You did a really good job in qualifiers, it's unfortunate that you couldn't stick around.

Cased: You were really tough on everybody, me included. I know you mean well though, or at least I think that you do. I'm really proud of you for picking up GSC for us and doing decently.

D0nut: solid

Improbable: An all around great guy and player. You carried a great 3-1 record and were very friendly.

M0-4ny: never forget,.,

Mr.378: I didn't really hear much from you, but you were friendly.

Living So Zambian: It took me several weeks to realize that you were Ether,.,.

e7e: Nice being on a team with you again! Don't let that game vs DU get you down.

Hikari: You only played one game, but the game you did play was amazing to watch. Great player.

Golden Gyarados: Great player, with luck that always goes extremely poorly or extremely well.

Sam: Not much to say, solid overall. Don't let that last game get you down.

Everybody else/voluntary helpers: Thanks.

Edit:

Urban: I like it when you make Cased rage. You're good. Here you go :]

toshimelonhead: It takes a lot to help out even when you don't make the team. Great having you around again, and sorry for missing you the first time around.

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
To avoid getting called out by a certain Asian SmashPass user, I'll keep my "shoutouts" brief and to the point, but I'd like to say a few words still. Coming into the tour we were predicted to finish near the bottom of the standings and through a lot of prep, tests, and continuously improving play, we managed to make playoffs.
Yes you niggas have exceeded the WhiteQueen's expectation, and I was actually starting to root for y'all. Good run and keep talking shit about -Tsunami-.

Damn dice you hot af. Do me.

it's been a real season, won't do individual shout-outs because not enough time right now and I probably won't tonight but I want to shout-out Improbable / Sam / Finchinator / e7e / Golden Gyarados for playing at the top of their game for the entire tournament, I could've done better at GSC but it is what it is, good season boys and return stronger
Im scared of being called out by shake

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Really good series Central, you guys are a solid team and a group of very kind users. I wish you the best of luck for future tournaments.

And now, for once in WCoP, we will have an European finalist!! Good luck Germany, lets have a good and intense series like last year, I'm sure you want the rematch!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
gonna pull a zebrock for my team, haha...

i'm really proud of the effort everybody put in, and the fact that we never quit even at the times it was looking bad for us. Momma Finch especially deserves props for the effort and motivation to get everyone ready for every single game, but i think as a whole we felt like one of the most prepared teams and had some of the best team synergy. i wanna see d0nut and improbable keep building that resume - it was your first big tour for both of you, and i feel confident that you both will only continue improving from here. shoutouts to SwagSandwich too, who ended the tournament with one of his best performances yet (nobody sleep on the zambian...) and will continue killing it in the tournament scene so long as he wants to. SamTheMan transitioned flawlessly into OU from last SPL - expecting to see a few more tour wins under his belt even before WCoP next year.

LunchTime Kenny, Golden Gyarados, and our resident Mr. Consistent, Finchinator (don't use stone edge anymore) were our rocks in old gens, and Laurel and Hikari both had stellar performances in dpp. shoutouts to Cased too for spending all of his time preparing for GSC and then learning how to DDOS so he could go better than 1-3! I'm really happy with our performance in old gens especially compared to last year's 1-8 - you guys really did well, and we can only improve for next year. =)

lots of love for our substitutes & assman (moony / jpw234 / Mr.378 / fatty / urban) this year too, literally everyone was active & helpful and really contributed to the team. it was a huge change from last year where we really struggled to even put together good test matches, and i'm super happy we got every single one of you. it sucks that we didn't get the opportunity to play each and every one of you, but we had no complainers and overall i couldn't have been happier with how the team turned out.

..except a couple things! toshilemonhead and m2h were incredibly helpful all season long despite getting shafted by the loss of a second assman and just generally not enough space on the team, and they both deserve their own shoutouts for continuing to be fantastic despite not even being on the team.

also, thanks to soulgazer / FLCL / Jirachee / Tesung / Destiny Device / Stathakis / Peachy / liberty32 for hanging around during various points of the season and helping us out. hollywood and atomicllamas are the best (dog)s, too!

ok i am done. you were great opponents spain, much respect to you and good luck throughout the rest of the tour. i really like all teams left and would be happy with anyone winning, but i'd like to see TV-ROCKA with a trophy, so go germany! =)

Aight, so idc if shoutouts are kosher or not. I have stuff to say, so I'm gonna write individual shoutouts.

Zebraiken: I know I was a nobody going into this WCOP, and it's not like that has changed, but I want to thank you for giving me a shot to be a part of such a great team. Before the season started, nobody thought Central had a chance of making playoffs, but I think your leadership really helped push the team to get as far as it did. You're a solid player through and through, and it was a pleasure getting to work with you and getting to know you. Congrats on putting Central back on the map, and I look forward to coming back next year and working to take that trophy.

Finchinator: What can one say about Momma Finch? You are easily one of the strongest battlers on our team, but you really should stop using Stone Edge. Any further use would just be tempting fate. Nah, but, seriously, thanks for all the work you put into your tier and others. You're an awesome guy, and getting to know you was pretty damn cool too. I'm sure we'll be talking a lot in the future.

Golden Gyarados: It was really awesome to have you on the team and in our channel. Your RBY games were some of the most exciting in the tour, which I didn't even think was possible. Hope you'll grace Central with your skills again next year.

e7e: You're probably the most focused/determined member of our team. Great job this season, and it's always really fun to watch you battle. You'll make some more lunches for Central next year, I'm sure.

Laurel: Haven't really talked to you too much, but you're a great battler and a solid addition to the team. Thanks for sticking around through the end.

Hikari: Another person I haven't talked to much, but your DPP battle was incredible to watch. Nice job maintaining that undefeated record in playoffs, bro.

Improbable: Man, you went into this tour without a ton of recognition and just blasted through your competition. You have a fantastic mind for pokemon, and I see you winning big tours left and right in the future. I enjoyed every battle I had against you, and I'm probably a better battler because of them. Keep up the good work, man.

d0nut: You definitely know how to shut people up by winning at the right time. You're a good player through and through and discussing teams/playing with you was always enjoyable.

Living So Zambian: Who is this guy? He's never in the channel. Nah, but, seriously you were one of the bigger names on our team going into the season and you turned it out in playoffs. Good work throughout the entire season, and your teams are probably my favorite of those I've seen. Hope you don't mind my stealing them.

Sam: Sam the man. Congrats on your ORAS debut, and I hope you will continue with the tier. You are one of the strongest all around players on the team, and I hope you'll be back around next year as well.

Jpw234: Always fun to chat and/or battle with you. Thanks for all the help with testing and what not. You're a solid player, and I know we'll see more from you in the future.

Mr378: Thank you for being so willing to help with GSC and other oldgens. God knows Central needed the support, and we would not have won nearly as many games as we did in old gens without you.

Moony: I feel like a nickname like "quiet thunder" or something would be fitting for you. You don't talk much, but when you do, your analyses of in-game situations are usually spot on. You are a great battler, and I know you will make a name for yourself.

fatty: We haven't chatted much, but you're a great guy and a good player.

llamas/toshi/m2h: Where would we be without the support of our (dogs). Thanks for all your help with testing and the like. You all deserved a spot on the team just as much as anyone else.

One last shoutout to Zamrock for tutoring me through B101 a few months ago. No way in hell I could have made a WCOP team w/o the skills you taught me.

Okay, so I think that covers everyone I wanted to address. It's been a great season, guys, and I am incredibly proud of what we've accomplished. Thanks for the fun series, Spain, and gl in the future to you and all the other teams. I'm not rooting for any specific team - I'm just excited to watch some good pokemon matches.

Edit: Sorry rural. Didn't mean to forget you - you are the rural to my urban after all. You are one weird dude, but you're hilarious and great to talk to and battle with. Thanks for your help. n_n

Edit2: Originally didn't include Cased for reasons I won't go into, but I slept on it and felt bad, so here goes. While I find you to be annoying most of the time, you really are one of the best players on our team and you contributed quite a bit to our success. Thanks for learning a new tier, and good luck to you in the future. Maybe I'll send you some gatorade.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would like to give a big shoutout to Omfuga. WCOP has been a blast for me thanks to you. I will never forget those fantastic battles in GSC where you outplayed Shogarth. and IFM like it was your job. You have showed us that it is possible to become a legend in a single week of training, which makes me want to improve my Pokemon game to the next level. Continue like that cutie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)