The UU Role Comparison Project

I would like to bump this thread because I really like the idea of it and I don't want it to die, it helps new and experienced players alike at teambuilding.

P.S: could somebody else update the OP with the new suggestions since Minus doesn't seem to care anymore.

Anywayz:

Manectric-Mega vs. Raikou as a fast and powerful Electric type

What they both have in common:

• Both of these Pokemon's stats focus on SpA and Speed
  • Both are Electric types
  • Both have access to Volt Switch

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- HP Grass / HP Ice
- Volt Switch

Manectric-Mega's advantages:

• Better ability in Intimidate, allowing it to take more hits physically speaking and/or allowing safe switch-ins to team members
  • Access to strong Fire type moves which allows it to eliminate Grass types who resist Thunderbolt
  • Higher SpA and Spe than Raikou's
  • Can switch in on Electric moves and gain a SpA boost before MegaEvolving thanks to it's base form's ability Lightningrod

Raikou @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Modest (or Rash for access to Aura Sphere)
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice / HP Grass
- Aura Sphere / Calm Mind
- Volt Switch / Substitute

Raikou's advantages:

• No Mega-Stone
  • TimidSpecs and LifeOrb sets hit harder than the Modest versions of MegaMan
  • Similarly, ScarfRaikou is alot faster than Timid MegaMan
  • Can boost it's already great SpA and it's very good SDef thanks to Calm Mind, combined with it's speed it can make for a better sweeper/late game cleaner
Even though MegaMan's SpA and Speed stats are better than Raikou's, the fact that the later takes no MegaStone slot and thus it can equip itself with useful items that makes it stronger or faster than Manectric is enough to consider the legendary thunder dog just as viable as its mega-"cousin".

Edit: Minus okay grandpa :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)