The Swimming Thread

:((( I wish so bad I could swim distance events. Everybody on my team makes fun of me because I can't even practice in our fastest lane even though I am one of our better swimmers because my endurance is so bad. I just don't get how endurance works. I have gone 51.00 100 free and yet I can't even really hold 100s on the 1:20 for more than like 5 without getting sick, and don't even get me started on 200s.

Since last time I posted I have gotten my 50 free down to a 23.11 flat start 22.49 relay start... but that is my only good event :(

swim4mi56 and especially Yaoman those are some incredible times. You guys would rip apart my school's league haha.

and $7-8 range seems awfully low for a life guard. I can't life guard because I am a little visually impaired but I remember my friend telling me he was making ~$17/hour at one point.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lifeguards over here rake it in, get like £8/hr (i guess around $12) straight up.

I really want to start swimming again, it's been so long since I've been but I always enjoy it. Whenever I go on holiday to a place with a pool I am rarely out of it during the day!

i work through the city's Parks and Rec so they can get away with paying us shit. when i started like six years ago i made $5/hour, and got a $0.50-$1 pay raise each year.

but it's only for the summer so it's all right. it's not my primary job.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Swimming is awesome :)

I suck at the time runs though, always have...I'm considered more of an endurance swimmer ;) I could have become a lifeguard but they don't make a lot of money here so I opted for something else. Swimming is one thing I really want to get back into though, it has always been one of my favorite activities.

swimming is excelent for physical fitness. I go twice a week (I have tennis on the same day), this stops me from being fat. I would recommend swimming on any level.
Also, the mudcular development helps with my sprit training.

Don't know about you guys, but I find it really tiring, i mean 50 minutes and i'm smashed and famished.

To be honest i am not a professional swimmer but i can swim really fast and well and friends that have seen me say that im very good! I also think summer is great to improve my swimming skills!

I swam competetively up to this year, when I dropped swimming for water polo. I'll still be swimming high school swimming around the Silicon Valley area. My chief events are anything long distance that isn't backstroke. 500 Free, 1650, 1000, 200 IM, 200 Fly, and 200 Breast. I'm pretty average when it comes to swimming, so my times aren't that great: At Leagues, I swam a 5:30ish 500 Free and a 2:15 200 IM.

We had a dual meet to end our short course season and our distance ace got really sick, so I subbed in for him as our swimmer for the 1000. I won the event in 9:31, which was only about 10 seconds off our usual distance guy's time. Unfortunately, that moved me from the middle distance to the distance training group, practices are so much harder :(

aw heck yeah a swimming thread

i'm mostly a mid-distance freestyler and im-er with a lil bit of butterfly and even a lil bit of breast but like who does breast honestly

200 free: 1:47.27
500 free: 4:48.89
100 fly: 53.85 (i got this from a terrible dive so i could probably go a 51 at far westerns)
200 fly: 2:00.43 (never let me swim this again oh my god)
200 im: 1:58.60
400 im: 4:16.46
100 breast: 1:02.62
200 breast: 2:16.46 (i went out in a 1:03 and died super hard)

hoping for a sectional cut soon because i have like 5 bonus cuts

aw heck yeah a swimming thread

i'm mostly a mid-distance freestyler and im-er with a lil bit of butterfly and even a lil bit of breast but like who does breast honestly

200 free: 1:47.27
500 free: 4:48.89
100 fly: 53.85 (i got this from a terrible dive so i could probably go a 51 at far westerns)
200 fly: 2:00.43 (never let me swim this again oh my god)
200 im: 1:58.60
400 im: 4:16.46
100 breast: 1:02.62
200 breast: 2:16.46 (i went out in a 1:03 and died super hard)

hoping for a sectional cut soon because i have like 5 bonus cuts
You are much faster than I am
50 free 26.67
100 free 59.39
200 free: 2:19.11
100 fly: 1:16.01
200 im: 2:39.30
100 breast: 1:18.00
200 breast: 2:54.27

This is my first year of doing year round swim though, I got in to it through High School swim (I did it because my mom forced me to do a sport and I thought I knew how to swim but ended up liking it.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)