Playoffs The Smogon Classic II - Playoffs - Finals [Won by -Tsunami-]

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Very proud of Shake. Always been a great guy to me, absolutely top player, super happy to see him rewarded.

Gutted for Tesung at the same time, another top friend, but I know he'll be the first to pick up a third individual and frankly wouldn't it look better if they were all the same color?

Phenomenal tournament, don't know if I'll have the ability to invest the same amount of time in it next edition, but I was happy to be included in this grouping for the playoffs at least. Really high tier players, feels like being among the elite and between all 24 of this edition and last I think Classic is quickly cementing itself as one of, if not the most, difficult tournaments on Smogon.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Grats shake - you've proven that you manage to win games, even if they aren't always pretty, and that's what matters at the end of the day.

Tesung, nice run bud, always next time and at least you got to dabble in older gens more for a while.

ggz shake. Obv a little annoyed with how bw and dpp went, but luck is gonna play a role in any individual trophy, and we know ive had my share. Happy for u, deserving winner

I am comfortable enough with all these tiers besides gsc, but I needed help with pretty much all my teams, at the very least with evs. So thanks to all the people who edited my teams or tested with me, in no particularly order, couldnt have done it w/o you

Finch, thx for tests and help refining bw
Pdc, thx for dpp help and tests
Bkc, thx for help in all tiers with fixing up teams, and even testing with me!
Tdk: thx for making me the core of a dpp team i used, and the tests
Sugarhigh: thx for tests in all tiers and inspiration of retarded bw ideas
Zamrock: thx for tests even if you're the worst gscer ever
Shake: thx for tests (before finals obv)
Pearl: thx for tests
Nails: thx for tests and rby help
Teal: thx for tests and adv help
Blunder: thx for tests
Leftiez: thx for tests

Probably forgetting people, if so not intentional!

I'm not positive of this, but this may be the last tourney i seriously compete in (lets be real though). If it is, thanks to all my friends for supporting me when I was a lot less popular on this site, thanks to dekzeh and reyscarface for taking a chance on me when i was a young tadpole, and shoutouts to eveyone who has made the tourney scene on smogon a lot of fun for me

ggz shakes, and congrats

Won 3-1 vs. Tesung ggs (Won RBY, DPP, BW and lost ADV)
def got luckier in dpp, would have been a diff game. sry for the luck in bw too, made up for my nasty plot which i think was a misplay.
overall, im relatively satisfied with how i played throughout the tournament. i had some luck in my favor i suppose but i dont think i misplayed too much. all you can ask for in this game i suppose.

real talk, i honestly gave up making playoffs like halfway through the tournament after i choked vs passion and some other ppl. i just kept playing gsc open for fun until i realized that i could somehow make playoffs if got to finals. then i somehow managed to beat a couple people and clinch my spot, all with the same two teams i stole from like picollo's and andeby's spl replays LOL

When playoffs started, I thought I had a relatively solid chance vs. most people. The only people I thought I would definitely lose against were like M Dragon and Tesung. Of course, I ended up playing Tesung in finals after dodging him round 1. TBH, I really didn't have that much faith in myself because I know how great of a player Tesung is. But, we did it bros. Somehow we're out out here, and according to my trophy's hover text, I won the 1st official Smogon Classic.

I didn't prepare/test with anyone for this tournament so I don't have a long list of shoutouts to give...
jk im not as good as ciele rofl

shoutouts Sylvia Lyyneheym for being the best waifu ever.
shoutouts to Tesung for testing with me every round (before the finals obv lol.) shoutouts Anti for testing w/ me today b4 i played and for Zamrock for that 1 dpp test game dash. shoutouts blunder for telling me to use ojama teams. shoutouts to my nigga Omfugod for helping as well. guess ill just go tier by tier for the rest.

RBY: Well, I used Tiba's team twice and it won both times I used it, including in the finals. Tiba is jesus holy. shoutouts to Nails for the team vs. boudouche and to Anti for helping me last rd.

GSC: shoutouts Conflict for building for me vs. Alexander, appreciate it bro. I was gonna use M Dragon's team that he beat Conflict with in the tiebreak last year if it came down to it vs Tesung so yeah.

ADV: well, let's see: i lost with golden sun's team, lost with teal's team, lost with tesung's team (maybe it's dekzehs i rly dont remember), and lost with ojama's team. thx to teal and Tesung for giving me those teams tho. SHOUTOUTS ME FOR GOING 0-4 IN ADV AND GETTING ABSOLUTELY OBLITERATED EVERY TIME AND STILL WINNING CLASSIC DASH SPACE

DPP: i used ojama's team r1 and it worked perfectly. shoutouts to my nigga Jirachee for providing me with my quarterfinals and semis teams, each of which worked perfectly. shoutouts BKC for giving me Jirachee's team in quarterfinals. i used MDragon's team in finals and it also won, would have been a diff game prob w/o the hax but the matchup was p solid.

BW: thx to TDK for building for me for the 1st 3 rounds. my matchup vs boudouche was p much unloseable and the other two were solid as well. teambuilding god. and ofc shoutouts to my nigga OMFUGOD for the legendary finals team that had a really good matchup.

mfw i go a combined 8-0 in BW and DPP and 0-4 in ADV. sigh ill win a game in this tier some day...jk fuck adv im not playing this shit ever again LOOOL

let's go east btw i need my scrolling badgeset that was unjustly robbed from me by the smogon administration back.

we out here bros dash space bop there it is comin rite thru call me OLD GEN GOD METABEAST

VoD wins again. Classic.

Last edited:
congrats shake :)

you are definitely a deserving winner although im not sure if i agree with the assertion that this classic was 'elite'

well done to tesung too
Statements like these really grind my gears, because it takes away from the acheievement of the users that got this far in the first place. Props to fucking teal6, w3k, and denissss for getting this far they god dam worked for it lol. As far for saying this wasnt an elite classic, users like M dragon, ciele off a smogon tour win, shoka, boudouche, tesung, alexander, and shake were there. All fantastic tour players that play extremely well. For fucks sacks tesung already won two smogon tours. Grats to shake even though ure a fagt (no harm intended lol), grats to tesung for making it this far unfort dpp and bw matches but shake played well to get it into those situations so props to both players. Anyways fuck ppl who always care about elite tours or w.e the fuck all tour playoffs are great because how god dam hard these players worked to get there -_-. Anyway no harm meant toward trc in this post is just the fact ppl continue with this idea of an elite mentality/ elite circlejerk really annoys me and takes away from all the players. Anyways grats to shake for winning and grats to tesung to getting to finals and grats to all the others who reached playoffs

congrats shake :)

you are definitely a deserving winner although im not sure if i agree with the assertion that this classic was 'elite'

well done to tesung too
lol this is amazing when people outside of the team assume stuff like they knew everything that is going on between panamaxis, my teammates and myself. let me get this straight assistant manager, i offered my dpp spot to panamaxis several times and he declined the offer. i could show you logs but that would mean i care enough about your pitiful existence to waste another 30 seconds of my very precious time to take the puush and post it here. this is not the case. say whatever you want about how sad it is to actually see me, ojama a double trophy winner, play dpp over the ranked 1st on reyscarface's rankings but don't you fucking dare to say i threw a tantrum to play dpp and force pana to adv. what an absolute crying shame to give randoms like you the permission to even be on an spl team, whether it is as a player or an assistant manager.

good luck falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)