Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Take Blurry the Surskit.
Blurry has bad eyesight and is particularly near-sighted, so it meaning that it cannot hold any items except for eye-wear (Choice Specs, Wide Lens, Scope Lens, Zoom Lens, Wise Glasses, and Black Glasses) which improve it's vision, because it just can't see those items. Furthermore, Blurry can't use any moves with less than 100% Accuracy (after modifiers like Zoom Lens) for fear of it's bad eyesight causing it to miss. Blurry does, however, know that it may be able to hide it's bad vision by hindering the opponent's vision, so Blurry must use either a speed boosting move (Agility or Quiver Dance), Double Team, or a damaging priority move (Quick Attack, Aqua Jet) as soon as it enters battle. It also must learn Double Team ASAP. To evolve into Masquerain, Blurry must solo Brawly as it knows that if it can take on Fighting-types who need to focus on their opponent to hit, then it can be fine. To learn Bug Buzz, Blurry must "solo" Tate & Liza (KO both mons with minimal or no support from it's teammate) to see if psychic power can help with eyesight OR Win 2 Clever Super Rank contests to show how it can work around the problem. The item restriction still applies to contests (so no scarfs) but you can at least still feed it pokeblocks. Lastly, Blurry has to be caught before entering Petalburg Woods. Have fun with that.
Accepted! Will probably solo Tate & liza instead of the contests but we will see.... Not looking forward to trying to find it though....

Take Battery the Slakoth.

So since you wanted this to be hard, Battery demands that you keep EXP. Share off. For no reason in particular.

Battery is the reincarnation of a random guy who died in a particularly vicious bar fight (the attacker, incidentally, was charged with assault and battery). As such, it doesn't believe in being physical with its opponents. It must learn a non-contact attacking move ASAP, and once it has done so, it may never use any attacking moves which make contact.

Battery also believes that its life force is like a battery and that it can be charged by absorbing Electric-type attacks. Thus, whenever an enemy Pokemon uses a damaging Electric-type move, Battery must switch in and solo that Pokemon, unless this conflicts with another solo. Also, have Battery solo Wattson. Once it soloes Wattson, it wants to learn an Electric-type move to channel its own power. Unfortunately, it doesn't readily get any, but it must learn an Electric-type move ASAP and must always use it the first time it is sent out in any battle, once the move is learned. Furthermore, Battery believes that electric energy is the only energy it needs to battle. Thus, you may never use items on Battery while it is in battle. Solo Wallace to evolve into Slaking.
Accepted! I'm guessing I will teach it thunderbolt when I get access to it.

Accepted! Will probably solo Tate & liza instead of the contests but we will see.... Not looking forward to trying to find it though....

Accepted! I'm guessing I will teach it thunderbolt when I get access to it.
You actually get Thunder first, though it costs money, but ASAP means ASAP!
(also Surskit is really common with DexNav, as are Slakoth, Relicanth, and a whole slew of other 5% encounters)

LapisHoundoom take Phobia the Drifloon

Phobia is not your typical Drifloon, in that it's scared of Ghosts. But it is itself a Ghost-type. Thus, it may never learn any Ghost-type moves or fight against any Ghost-type Pokemon. It must also hold Smoke Ball the moment you get access to it, so it can run away from battle as fast as possible, and must learn and keep Fly and Protect ASAP so it can protect itself from attacks (Fly will require evolution). Have Phobia solo one of the trials on Ula'Ula Island (Vikavolt, Mimikyu, or Nanu; the no fighting Ghost-types requirement would be waived if you fight Mimikyu). Once it does so, it begins to lose a bit of the fear and will be able to learn a single Ghost-type move and is no longer required to hold the Smoke Ball, but it may still not fight Ghost-types. Finally, have Phobia solo Acerola to remove this restriction for good.

LapisHoundoom take Phobia the Drifloon

Phobia is not your typical Drifloon, in that it's scared of Ghosts. But it is itself a Ghost-type. Thus, it may never learn any Ghost-type moves or fight against any Ghost-type Pokemon. It must also hold Smoke Ball the moment you get access to it, so it can run away from battle as fast as possible, and must learn and keep Fly and Protect ASAP so it can protect itself from attacks (Fly will require evolution). Have Phobia solo one of the trials on Ula'Ula Island (Vikavolt, Mimikyu, or Nanu; the no fighting Ghost-types requirement would be waived if you fight Mimikyu). Once it does so, it begins to lose a bit of the fear and will be able to learn a single Ghost-type move and is no longer required to hold the Smoke Ball, but it may still not fight Ghost-types. Finally, have Phobia solo Acerola to remove this restriction for good.
Accepted

My Platinum Scramble from here ran into the 65536 word limit.

So with Rock Climb now, it's time to make progress!
...after collecting some sweet loot.

*Route 208: one trainer defeated, Star Piece*
*Route 210: one Dragon Tamer with a level 39 Gible, Shiny Stone, Zinc*
The level 39 Gible reminds me of Rival. Slow, frail, probably powerful, and easily OHKOed. This time by Masamune, not Byron's Steelix.
*Route 211 loot: TM29, Calcium*
*Route 213 loot: Protein, TM05, HP Up*
*Valor Lakefront loot: Sun Stone, TM85, Iron*

*Route 216*

Backtracking this far is actually more time-consuming than the exploration itself.
*loot: four trainers taken down by Masamune, Mental Herb, HP Up, Max Potion, TM13*

*Veilstone City loot: Full Incense*
Grunt: "I don't know anything about a Storage Key!"
Looker: "Don't worry, I have the Storage Key right here."
...well isn't that awfully convenient? Who did you manage to steal that from? And more importantly, I didn't think you were capable of anything intelligent or helpful, Looker.

Grunt: "The locked doors only open with a special key."
inb4 he has the key
"Now if I was a comedy relief sort of bad guy, I'd tell you..."
Oh so these guys are smarter than the Team Rocket Grunts.
"But I really don't know!"
And apparently the commanders are smart enough not to give this away to lowly Grunts.
*but apparently dumb enough to leave the Galactic Key lying on the ground*
...lol

Grunt: "I don't know how the warp panels connect!"
Fun fact: I don't either. I don't think anyone knows. There's something called the scientific method.

*according to Looker, Cyrus is 27 years old*
He looks much older.
Looker: "Here, we part ways" *proceeds to run the same way I'm going*
...this game sometimes just doesn't make any sense.

*Stunky hits Rival with Memento through Dig*
...Memento does that? At least Rival still OHKOed it.

Cyrus: "You must know that my grunts are useless"
...then why use them in the first place? Why not not use them and not let the player gain EXP on his way to fight you? That doesn't make any sense.

vs. Cyrus:
Scaredy uses Dig against Sneasel as it Screeches, dealing useless damage.
I use an X Speed to outspeed Sneasel as Ice Punch doesn't 2HKO, but Spark does, and gets a full paralysis to boot.
Scaredy's Pecha Berry absorbs Crobat's Poison Fang, and Crobat misses a Supersonic, allowing Super Fang+crit Spark to KO.
Rival gets in Slash --- Dragon Claw --- Dragon Claw on Honchkrow and dies as Masamune finishes it.

vs. Saturn:
Masamune 2HKOes Golbat with Wing Attack as crit Air Cutter fails to OHKO back, then 2HKOes Bronzor with X-Scissor as Extrasensory barely does anything.
Rival OHKOes Toxicroak with Earthquake.

*Mt. Coronet*

*finds TM80*
This will be useful for Wrestler because it'll be the first and only coverage move she'll have.

*Toxic+crit Night Slash forces me to Dig out*
...this'll be a long one.

*Masamune OHKOes a Golbat with a crit Wing Attack, Autotune 3HKOes Golbat*
The power gap is pretty staggering at this point.

*Autotune passes on Bug Buzz*
I considered it over Sing, but Autotune's Special Attack is terrible.

*double battle, Rival OHKOes everything with Earthquake while Masamune sits there*
I really wish later games gave TM26 this early.

vs. Mars and Jupiter:
Autotune Growls the two Bronzors, Bronzors use Reflect and Light Screen, Munchlax does nearly zero damage with Body Slam.
What a great start lol.
Autotune does less than half to Bronzor, Munchlax sits there and Stockpiles.
Munchlax uses Screech instead of finishing off a very low health Bronzor.
-2 Bronzor is OHKOed by X-Scissor.
Death fodder Bibarel is double-targeted and dies as screens wear off.
Purugly outspeeds Rival but Slash doesn't do much as EQ nearly OHKOs Skuntank and Munchlax.
Munchlax dies and Heracross comes out to replace it.
Slash crits, KOing Rival, as Purugly dies to Close Combat
Masamune OHKOes Golbat with a crit Wing Attack as Skuntank dies to Close Combat.
Last Golbat dies.

*cutscene, Distortion World*

Cynthia: "A Pokemon whose name was never to be spoken - Giratina"
...you do realize you just said it, right?

*I can go down a Waterfall without the HM move*
I never even realized this was a thing when I first played. It's definitely not intuitive.

vs. Cyrus (attempt 1):
Scaredy uses Dig, 2HKOes Houndoom, as Will-O-Wisp misses.
Scaredy's crit Spark OHKOes Gyarados after deathfodder Bibarel takes the Intimidate.
Fake Out+Ice Punch, Autotune Growls, and Ice Punch fails to 2HKO Scaredy as it paralyzes Weavile. Rival comes in to finish it.
Rival outspeeds and 3HKOes Honchkrow, but a Night Slash crit KOes Rival, and Masamune fails to KO Crobat as it KOs in return.
*reset*

Attempt 2:
Rawst Berry goes on Scaredy this time.
It takes a crit Flamethrower very poorly
*reset*

Attempt 3:
Dig crits this time, OHKOing Houndoom.
Masamune 2HKOes Gyarados this time.
Weavile goes down the same way.
Honchkrow is 3HKOed by Honchkrow as it misses Heat Wave Turn 1, is paralyzed, and is then fully paralyzed turn 2.
I'm pretty sure I could have taken a hit anyways, but that was nice.
Crobat decides to use Toxic on Masamune instead of Air Slash, then Confuse Ray.
Air Slash only does 90 damage to Masamune. Maybe that's why it didn't use it earlier. But Masamune kills itself in confusion, as Rival finishes.
Rival hits level 48 and evolves into Garchomp.
*Rival learns Crunch*
Now it can finally hit Gengar and Mismagius.

vs. Giratina:
Scaredy leads off and outspeeds with Dig, but ends up getting nearly OHKOed by Shadow Force.
:O how the hell did it survive that? Well it died to the next hit so...
Rival comes in. It's technically Rival's first turn so it switches to deathfodder Bibarel to take the Dragon Claw, then Dragon Claws for more than half of Giratina's HP, outspeeding.
Giratina decides to use Shadow Force instead of going for the easy OHKO.
Deathfodder Masamune comes in, then Rival goes back for the kill

I figure I should let this chapter go to Volkner, but it's been really long already, so I'll call it here.

Team (listed MVP to LVP):
Pokemon: 5
Badges: 7
Resets/Losses: 9

Rival the Garchomp @ Soft Sand
Level: 48
Ability: Sand Veil
Rash Nature
Stats: 174/154/120/101/91/127
IVs: 15/31/29/10/29/28 (HP Water 42)
-Dragon Claw
-Dig
-Slash
-Earthquake
Solo Byron: yes
Ice-type solos: 3/3

Autotune the Kricketune @ SilverPowder
Level: 47
Ability: Swarm
Careful Nature
Stats: 146/105/68/66/70/84
IVs: 22/26/22/19/21/15 (HP Ice 49)
-Growl
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash
-Slash
Solo through Eterna Forest: yes

Masamune the Scyther
Ability: Technician
Quiet Nature
Stats: 139/127/89/72/88/107
IVs: 24/20/14/13/10/11 (HP Bug 57)
-False Swipe
-Slash
-Wing Attack
-X-Scissor

Scaredy the Pachirisu @ Pecha Berry
Level: 45
Ability: Pickup
Hardy Nature
Stats: 115/65/80/63/97/115
IVs: 2/31/22/24/24/26 (HP Fighting 39)
-Spark
-Return
-Super Fang
-Dig
Solo Fantina: yes

Wrestler the Blissey
Level: 50
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
Stats: 332/35/23/94/146/74
IVs: 21/25/0/12/8/2 (HP Fighting 35)
-Egg Bomb
-Strength
-Softboiled (unusable)
-Double-Edge
Maylene soloed: yes
*Lake Verity: meets Mesprit*
*Lake Acuity: TM14*

vs. Uxie:
Autotune Growls as Uxie uses Amnesia.
Autotune takes a Swift like it's nothing as X-Scissor crits for an OHKO

*Lake Valor: TM25*

vs. Azelf:
Autotune Growls as Azelf uses Future Sight.
Autotune doesn't OHKO with X-Scissor but Uproar doesn't 2HKO.
Autotune KOs with Night Slash.

And before I forget...
*Mt. Coronet loot: TM02, *
I couldn't get to this before since a Grunt was blocking the tunnel.

*Route 222, back to running back to the healing spot after every battle.*
Well at least the nearest healing spot isn't the Pokemon Center.

*The Pikachu Fan Club has five Pikachu and a Poke Kid with two Pikachu*
...how'd you get in here?

Flint: "The leader's been bored because there's been no good challengers."
Have you considered how that might be because there's this guy who doesn't let anyone into the city due to a "blackout" until they defeat Giratina? Of course there's no good challengers lol

Sign: "It's a blank sign painted white."
...then why does its overworld sprite have text on it?

*School Kid has a Pachirisu*
This mirror match could be tough...
...but Scaredy has DIG! lol

*Autotune 2HKOes Magnemite with X-Scissor*
Guitarist solos could actually be troublesome if this didn't happen.

*Scaredy Digs all four Pikachus without getting Static haxed*
:O I was holding a Cheri Berry just in case but damn that's good luck.

vs. Volkner:
Dig --- Super Fang -- Dig kills Jolteon as Pachirisu outspeeds and takes a Thunder Wave with its Cheri Berry.
Super Fang --- Dig kills Raichu as Scaredy easily takes a Focus Blast.
Scaredy survives Fire Punch+Quick Attack from Electivire as Super Fang+Dig barely fails to kill and Sitrus heals.
Rival switches directly into ThunderPunch, takes a Quick Attack as Dig KOes.
Rival OHKOes Luxray with Earthquake.

Badges: 8

Rash Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Dig
-Slash
-Earthquake

Level: 49
Careful Nature
Stats: 152/110/71/70/73/88
-Growl
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash
-Slash

Masamune the Scyther
Quiet Nature
-False Swipe
-Slash
-Wing Attack
-X-Scissor

Hardy Nature
Stats: 127/74/89/71/108/132
-Spark
-Return
-Super Fang
-Dig

Wrestler the Blissey
Bold Nature
-Egg Bomb
-Strength
-Softboiled (unusable)
-Double-Edge
*Route 223, Rival starts to OHKO everything*
Just want to mention that last chapter, apart from a bit of Volkner action, Rival didn't get used at all, so this is really my first time using a Garchomp. And damn is it good right now.
*Rival OHKOes an Octillery with Earthquake in Doubles*

*Rival uses Dig*
I've always wondered how anything can use Dig on water routes. Or how Diglett/Dugtrio can be sent out on water. They adjusted the Pokeathlon hurdles just for Dugtrio, could they not have done something to make this make sense?
*Dig OHKOes stuff*
I mean, not that it matters. Though Earthquake doesn't really make sense here either since seismic waves under water don't really impact the immediate area much.

*Rival fails to OHKO a Machoke*
I think that's the first OHKO it's missed since it evolved.

*Masamune doesn't OHKO anything*
Good thing the enemies aren't doing anything either. Lumineon used Aqua Ring and Gyarados used Rain Dance.

*Masamune learns Double Hit over Slash*
I think that's Masamune's most powerful coverage move tbh.
*Gengar uses Payback, dealing 29 because Masamune actually outsped*
...why does Gengar even learn the move? It's not like any of its evolutionary stages are slow either.

*Masamune nearly OHKOes Noctowl*
Maybe I underrated its strength. Or maybe it's just super weak. Probably the latter since Masamune didn't OHKO Gengar.

*Masamune OHKOes a Blissey*
Good to know that Wrestler isn't the only one who can't take physical attacks.
*Scaredy fails to OHKO Magnezone with Dig*
...on the other hand...

*Autotune takes down a Mamoswine with the help of Sing*
This move is really gonna be useful.

*Rival switches into Staraptor, Brave Bird only does 66/182*
It has actual bulk now! This is great.

*Staraptor nearly OHKOes...itself when Wrestler is sacrificed into its Brave Bird*
Looks like Wrestler might have some use! lol

Wrestler hit level 55, so it's done with the EXP Share for now. But first, something I've forgotten to do:
*Wrestler forgot Softboiled and learned Rock Slide!*
Its moveset is finally complete! It could have been earlier but I felt that having out-of-battle Softboiled was necessary in Mt. Coronet and Double-Slap wasn't necessary anyway.

*Autotune's Night Slash barely 2HKOes Dusknoir*
...that's an SE move.
*X-Scissor does much better vs. Absol*

*Altaria tries to Dragon Dance on Rival; Rival still outspeeds on Turn 2*
...is the AI just picking random moves?

*exits, picks up hidden Sky Plate*
...and Masamune finally gets a held item!

Badges: 8

Rash Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Dig
-Slash
-Earthquake

Level: 49
Careful Nature
Stats: 152/110/71/70/73/88
-Growl
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash
-Slash

Masamune the Scyther
Quiet Nature
-False Swipe
-Slash
-Wing Attack
-X-Scissor

Hardy Nature
Stats: 127/74/89/71/108/132
-Spark
-Return
-Super Fang
-Dig

Wrestler the Blissey
Bold Nature
-Egg Bomb
-Strength
-Rock Slide
-Double-Edge

Last edited:
- Pokémon Sun
- Medium-easy difficulty
- Unless in-game with NPCs, no trading
- I should have a full team by the third island
- No evolution restrictions

Team:

Take Voyager the Oricorro (caught on Melemele). Voyager loves to travel and joins your team to see the region. It wants to be able to learn the dances of each island, so whenever you find a new nectar, your must change its form (no intentionally avoiding nectar). Voyager must also learn Fly, as it used to allow it to bring its trainer around. Lastly, Voyager must lead your team through each optional area (Hauoli Cemetery, Ten Carat Hill, Melemele Sea, Hano Beach, Blush Mountain, Haina Desert, Secluded Shore) and either find three items or solo two trainers in each.

Take Phobia the Drifloon. Phobia is not your typical Drifloon, in that it's scared of Ghosts. But it is itself a Ghost-type. Thus, it may never learn any Ghost-type moves or fight against any Ghost-type Pokemon. It must also hold Smoke Ball the moment you get access to it, so it can run away from battle as fast as possible, and must learn and keep Fly and Protect ASAP so it can protect itself from attacks (Fly will require evolution). Have Phobia solo one of the trials on Ula'Ula Island (Vikavolt, Mimikyu, or Nanu; the no fighting Ghost-types requirement would be waived if you fight Mimikyu). Once it does so, it begins to lose a bit of the fear and will be able to learn a single Ghost-type move and is no longer required to hold the Smoke Ball, but it may still not fight Ghost-types. Finally, have Phobia solo Acerola to remove this restriction for good.
If you're still planning on doing this one, here, take Prodigy the Growlithe

Prodigy became great at birth, or at least thinks it did. To back up it's bold claims, Prodigy must be hatched with at least 1 egg move. The easiest way to do this is to catch a Female Growlithe on Melemele Island, then catch either a Male Rockruff (Howl) or a Male Mudbray (Double Kick) and breed them (Crunch from Lillipup or Alolan Rattata can be obtained pretty easily, too, but they require a little bit of leveling). It must use this move first in every battle and can never forget it. After this, it likes to show off it's strength, so it must solo at least 1 trial of your choosing. Prodigy must also be fed any Protein you find, as it urges you to keep it's strength up. Prodigy must solo Molayne (if it knows Howl), Nanu (if it knows Double Kick) or Faba (if it knows any other egg move) so it can use it's power to the fullest. Lastly, Prodigy must be sent out against and defeat any Growlithe or Arcanine to show it's genetic superiority.

If you're still planning on doing this one, here, take Prodigy the Growlithe

Prodigy became great at birth, or at least thinks it did. To back up it's bold claims, Prodigy must be hatched with at least 1 egg move. The easiest way to do this is to catch a Female Growlithe on Melemele Island, then catch either a Male Rockruff (Howl) or a Male Mudbray (Double Kick) and breed them (Crunch from Lillipup or Alolan Rattata can be obtained pretty easily, too, but they require a little bit of leveling). It must use this move first in every battle and can never forget it. After this, it likes to show off it's strength, so it must solo at least 1 trial of your choosing. Prodigy must also be fed any Protein you find, as it urges you to keep it's strength up. Prodigy must solo Molayne (if it knows Howl), Nanu (if it knows Double Kick) or Faba (if it knows any other egg move) so it can use it's power to the fullest. Lastly, Prodigy must be sent out against and defeat any Growlithe or Arcanine to show it's genetic superiority.
Accepted

Since I need motivation to re-do X and ORAS, I want to do a Scramblerun. I might start with X on this. I won't allow trades on mine, unless you want to give me Egg Moves (as long as I can get them in my Y game) and I'll probably go for a hard one. As long as it follows the base rules, I don't really care what you guys give me, so show me what you got!

EDIT: Oh, there are two restrictions: I have to be allowed temporary access to a Synchronise Modest Abra when I go up against Xerneas, because I do want to capture one that is usable on a later date, and if given Froakie, it must be traded from my Y game (I don't want to encounter the same Legendary Bird as my Y game)

I'll give you Fabulous the Forced Pidgey.

Fabulous is well aware of the existence of Pidgeotite; and longs to become a FABULOUS Mega Pidgeot. However; Pidgeotite doesn't exist in Kalos. This; of course; doesn't stop Fabulous wanting to become a glorious special attacker.

After learning Gust at Level 9; Fabulous is incapable of using moves that are not Special or Status Categories. It also must delay evolution into Pidgeotto until it has learned Twister at Lv 21.

To prove it's superiority to other regional birds [Pidgey line; Fletchling line; Taillow line; Starly line; Hoothoot line]; when one is encountered in a trainer battle; Fabulous must be switched in and fight the enemy regional bird until either the bird or Fabulous has fainted.

Last edited:
Since I need motivation to re-do X and ORAS, I want to do a Scramblerun. I might start with X on this. I won't allow trades on mine, unless you want to give me Egg Moves (as long as I can get them in my Y game) and I'll probably go for a hard one. As long as it follows the base rules, I don't really care what you guys give me, so show me what you got!

EDIT: Oh, there is one restriction: I have to be allowed temporary access to a Synchronise Modest Abra when I go up against Xerneas, because I do want to capture one that is usable on a later date.

Fabulous is well aware of the existence of Pidgeotite; and longs to become a FABULOUS Mega Pidgeot. However; Pidgeotite doesn't exist in Kalos. This; of course; doesn't stop Fabulous wanting to become a glorious special attacker.

After learning Gust at Level 9; Fabulous is incapable of using moves that are not Special or Status categories. It also must delay evolution into Pidgeotto until it has learnt Twister at Lv21.

To prove it's superiority to other regional birds [Pidgey line; Fletchling line; Taillow line; Starly line; Hoothoot line]; when one is encountered in a trainer battle; Fabulous must be switched in and fight the enemy regional bird until either the bird or Fabulous has fainted.

===

I'd like to do another playrhough of Pokemon Moon before Ultra comes out, and I'd like a twist or three; with a couple of notes:

- I'd don't mind being given pokemon later in the game; but if you are going to suggest something that is post Ghost trial; please also give a pokemon obtainable on Melemele to use until then to avoid an extended solo run.
- I'd like it somewhat difficult; but nothing absolutely insane.
- I'd prefer no trade evolution. I've had bad experiences with those before.

After learning Gust at Level 9; Fabulous is incapable of using moves that are not Special or Status categories. It also must delay evolution into Pidgeotto until it has learnt Twister at Lv21.

Accepted.

(this thread hasn't been posted in for a while but I don't see a new one)

I've been wanting to pull off an emerald scramble for a while, and would like some mons!

My rules/preferences:
I would like a starter
I would like at least some pokemon with HMs
Before 6th gym at latest for avalbility
I won't have access to trading or hacking
I'd prefer mons with some flavor to backup their restrictions!

I want hard but not in a grind-y way.

I've also filled a slot from a friend:
Mask, the beautifly:
Mask is very vain, and as such will not hold any ugly items, which consist of any items that raise moves of a certain type (ex soft sand)
Mask is very lazy, and as such must always be the lowest lv party member or cannot fight.
Mask is jealous of altaria's beauty, and must solo winona's altaria.

Thanks in advance!

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

I've been wanting to pull off an emerald scramble for a while, and would like some mons!

My rules/preferences:
I would like a starter

Mask, the beautifly:
Mask is very vain, and as such will not hold any ugly items, which consist of any items that raise moves of a certain type (ex soft sand)
Mask is very lazy, and as such must always be the lowest lv party member or cannot fight.

Thanks in advance!

i'll give you Silky the Exploud (must be female)
Silky loves the spotlight thus, it must get a Master Rank contest ribbon before you battle the Elite 4
Silky also hates water and should not be used on any water route
Silky also needs to have a held item at all times that helps her in a battle (berries, type-boost items, amulet coin, etc.)

i'll give you Silky the Exploud (must be female)
Silky loves the spotlight thus, it must get a Master Rank contest ribbon before you battle the Elite 4
Silky also hates water and should not be used on any water route
Silky also needs to have a held item at all times that helps her in a battle (berries, type-boost items, amulet coin, etc.)
Accepted, but I have two questions- what happens if silky loses her item in battle (ex. eats berry), and what happens if she's the last pokemon on a water route (should I just box her for the route, or just lose if it comes down to it...)

Also, I'm down for harder if you want to add something!

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Accepted, but I have two questions- what happens if silky loses her item in battle (ex. eats berry), and what happens if she's the last pokemon on a water route (should I just box her for the route, or just lose if it comes down to it...)

Also, I'm down for harder if you want to add something!
hmm I guess it'd be fine if Silky consumes her berry, just make sure to replace it as soon as the battle ends

if she is the last Pokemon on a water route you must surf/fly all the way back to a town

I guess if you want it harder...
Silky is allergic to manufactured medicines, thus you cannot use them (potions, full heals, ethers, stat boosting medicines, "X" items, etc.) on her. You can only heal her by bringing her to a Pokemon Center, using berries, drinks (lemonade, fresh water, soda pop), herbs, or Lava Cookies.

You can decide whether or not you want to include revives under "manufactured medicines" since there isn't an alternative to those and rare candies.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving starter for applepi2054
we back in this boys

=====================================

Take Prime the Mudkip.

Prime may only use damaging moves in battle when it is at a level which is a prime number, and it may only use non-damaging moves in battle when it is at a level which is not a prime number.

Prime must solo at least one trainer in every prime-numbered Gym: Dewford, Mauville, Petalburg, and Mossdeep. This does not overwrite the previous rule, so if you level-up mid-battle and you fail to solo the trainer because you can't attack you fail the challenge.

Prime may only evolve when it reaches a level which is a prime.

tried to design a simple yet moderately difficult challenge, gl~

Last edited:

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
applepi2054, take Thirsty the Gulpin.

This Gulpin is eternally parched and will take any drink to try and quench it. As such, all liquid recovery items must be used only on Gulpin. Water is a massive commodity for Thirsty, and wants to drink as much as it can to quench it. As such, all liquid recovery items (ie potions, soft drinks, etc.) must only ever be used on Gulpin. Water is also a sort of holy grail for it, and it will take any opportunity to drink it. As such, you must also solo every Water type that you come across unless it interferes with another solo. To evolve, you must solo Archie, since he probably knows a lot about water. Also, since the solos work with gyms, you must solo both Juan and Wallace.

tl;dr
- All liquid healing items must be used only on Gulpin
- Must solo all water types come across
- Solo Archie to evolve
- Solo Juan and Wallace

My rules/preferences:
I would like a starter

Mask, the beautifly:

Thanks in advance!
I give you Blue the Marill
Blue must solo all blue Pokemon, as it is the best blue Pokemon.
Blue must solo half of your rival's team every time you fight him/her, as they are like Blue (1st gen rival).
Blue can only evolve into Azumarill after it has defeated 20 different blue Pokemon.
Blue must always have a Water type move as its first move (in moveslot).
Blue must not be hit by a grass type move, if it is, you cannot use Blue until Blue has defeated 10 different Pokemon.

I guess if you want it harder...
Silky is allergic to manufactured medicines, thus you cannot use them (potions, full heals, ethers, stat boosting medicines, "X" items, etc.) on her. You can only heal her by bringing her to a Pokemon Center, using berries, drinks (lemonade, fresh water, soda pop), herbs, or Lava Cookies.
Reaccepted!

Take Prime the Mudkip.

Prime may only use damaging moves in battle when it is at a level which is a prime number, and it may only use non-damaging moves in battle when it is at a level which is not a prime number.

Prime must solo at least one trainer in every prime-numbered Gym: Dewford, Mauville, Petalburg, and Mossdeep. This does not overwrite the previous rule, so if you level-up mid-battle and you fail to solo the trainer because you can't attack you fail the challenge.

Prime may only evolve when it reaches a level which is a prime.
o.O I'll take it!

Thirsty the Gulpin.

This Gulpin is eternally parched and will take any drink to try and quench it. As such, all liquid recovery items must be used only on Gulpin. Water is a massive commodity for Thirsty, and wants to drink as much as it can to quench it. As such, all liquid recovery items (ie potions, soft drinks, etc.) must only ever be used on Gulpin. Water is also a sort of holy grail for it, and it will take any opportunity to drink it. As such, you must also solo every Water type that you come across unless it interferes with another solo. To evolve, you must solo Archie, since he probably knows a lot about water. Also, since the solos work with gyms, you must solo both Juan and Wallace.
I like this one! Guess I'll have to stock up on herbs...

I give you Blue the Marill
Blue must solo all blue Pokemon, as it is the best blue Pokemon.
Blue must solo half of your rival's team every time you fight him/her, as they are like Blue (1st gen rival).
Blue can only evolve into Azumarill after it has defeated 20 different blue Pokemon.
Blue must always have a Water type move as its first move (in moveslot).
Blue must not be hit by a grass type move, if it is, you cannot use Blue until Blue has defeated 10 different Pokemon.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to decline this one for the reason that the blue pokemon soloing requirement is basically the same thing as Thirsty's solo all water types.

So with this I'm at 4/6
Prime the mudkip
mask the wurmple
thirsty the gulpin
and Silky the Whismer

Double-posting just to make sure it's seen

Take Sunshine the Tropius
As you can guess from it's name, Sunshine really likes the sun and hates the fact that the route it's caught on is always rainy. So, as soon as you can, Sunshine demands that you teach it Sunny Day. It must use Sunny Day first every time it's used unless the sun is already up. But, it doesn't stop here. Sunshine is such a fan of the sun that it wishes to take advantage of it in anyway it can. So, as soon as it's able to learn Solar Beam, all of Sunshine's moves must have something to do with the sun (not counting HM moves, out of battle moves, or Toxic (because I'm nice)). This includes: Fire and Water-type moves (Hidden Power, even if it's neither of these types, counts), Solar Beam, Synthesis, Sunny Day (duh), Growth, and a couple moves that Tropius doesn't learn. Lastly, as soon as possible, Sunshine must always hold the Heat Rock.

Take Sunshine the Tropius
As you can guess from it's name, Sunshine really likes the sun and hates the fact that the route it's caught on is always rainy. So, as soon as you can, Sunshine demands that you teach it Sunny Day. It must use Sunny Day first every time it's used unless the sun is already up. But, it doesn't stop here. Sunshine is such a fan of the sun that it wishes to take advantage of it in anyway it can. So, as soon as it's able to learn Solar Beam, all of Sunshine's moves must have something to do with the sun (not counting HM moves, out of battle moves, or Toxic (because I'm nice)). This includes: Fire and Water-type moves (Hidden Power, even if it's neither of these types, counts), Solar Beam, Synthesis, Sunny Day (duh), Growth, and a couple moves that Tropius doesn't learn. Lastly, as soon as possible, Sunshine must always hold the Heat Rock.
Accepted!

I need one more pokemon- psyducky reserved one, but that was 3 days ago, so I'll just take whatever's posted next.

Pokemon emerald
In that case...
Introducing: Postal the Pelipper!
Postal is a very special Pokemon. He will start off as a Wingull. He is the direct descendant of the Pelipper that delivers you mail in PMD: Blue/Red Rescue Team. This Wingull must be caught ASAP, otherwise the Pelipper Postal Positions Preparatory will recruit him! Because he wants to be a mailman, however, he must never use any moves that may damage the mail he has to deliver (i.e. Water- and Ice-type moves, Stockpile-Swallow-Spit, any attacks that come out of his mouth). He is a mailman, of course, so you must give him mail ASAP, and write an MLA-format 600-word 5-paragraph essay with 12 size font in Times New Roman and a properly formatted set of citations and works cited page a PMD reference (anything counts). He will hold this mail for the rest of his training. The purpose of protecting this mail is to get him used to the mailman life. Because he wants to be the very best mailman, he must solo ALL Flying-types that don't contradict other solo rules. He also must solo Grass-types very often to attain the means of making the paper needed for mails. He must also solo Dark-types, because they are potential thieves for your mail and he must learn to protect the mail from thieves as well. You also may never use him against a Fire-type, lest you want him to burn his precious correspondence! Finally, because he has to carry his mail in his mouth, he cannot use any Berries, Potions, or Herbs, lest he risks losing the mail while it is outside its mouth (because idek what Revives or Ethers/Elixirs are or if they are taken by mouth they're alright to use)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)