The Origins of the CAP Project

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello fellow Smogonites.

You may have noticed our fine CAP Project here on the forums, and you may think you know the story of CAP. But you do not know the whole story. Long before Cooper and the original CAP contributors embarked on CAP 1 to produce Syclant, the inklings of CAP has already permeated the brains of Smogon leadership, yearning to be free.

I present to you the precursor to all things CAP, the true brainchild of our magnificent process:

http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~breuleuo/ppc/index.php?poke=new

And who might you ask was the Brains behind this?

Look for yourself:
http://www-etud.iro.umontreal.ca/~breuleuo/ppc/index.php?staff
Programming
Brain

Pokemon creators
Brain (65)
Birchmon (24)
Shroomie (11)
Tenchi17 (8)
Virulent (6)
LanderZ (4)
McGraw (4)
Infamous (3)
CyperNeo (2)
HOA (2)
dr. steelix (2)
Misty (2)
Vineon (1)
gm (1)
Liddo-kun (1)
FireStarter (1)

Yes, long ago there were stirrings in the minds of Smogon, a pre-planted image of what Smogon Pokemon could truly be. Before the era of suspect tests and complex bans, there was a yearning to explore the unknown and the unmade and the untested.

So browse for yourself and gaze upon the beauty of an unborn CAP longing to be free, and now re-released into the world. Feast your eyes upon it and know that it has been in existence all along, in the formation of the minds of the very founders of Smogon.

When you find a favorite, please bring it forward in your post for all to see and understand in awe.

Vineon

"Vineon" stats:
Leafeon stats:
Hp: 110
Atk: 65
Def: 130
130​
SpA: 60
60​
SpD: 65
65​
Spe: 95
95​

Impressive, even for an eeveelution
IT WOULD BE A WORSE UMBREON D:

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Haha, I remember talking to Brain about Randhax!

Scrolling down the list, Chillguin and Noblisk were mine, but I don't recall the other two.

Nice find.

Edit: Noblisk was a Nosepass evolution...

HP/Att/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

60/65/150/65/105/50

Probopass...

60/55/145/75/150/40

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)