The Netflix Original Series Megathread (Please use Hide for major spoilers)

st. pablo

custom title
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
so black mirror season 4 just came out today, and i just finished the first episode "uss callister" and i'm honestly amazed. that was my favorite episode of the entire series so far. i liked it more than san junipero which is wild because that was my favorite episode by far. uss callister was super bizarre for a black mirror episode (but really what episode isn't bizarre in general) but it was awesome, and i enjoyed all of it. it played our super nicely, it had a good plot, i loved the cast, i love how events played out and how the episode ended, which isn't common for a black mirror episode. overall it was incredible and i can't wait to see how the rest of the season goes, but so far it seems promising.

st. pablo

custom title
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
update on black mirror season, finished the rest of the episodes too, and gotta say this has been my favorite season so far. every episode was beautifully executed and done super well. i rank them: 1. uss callister, 2. hang the dj, 3. black museum, 4. metalhead, 5. arkangel, 6. crocodile. they all told such interesting unique stories, all of which seem like viable futures if our technology advances at the rate it has. great, great ending. don't know if this is the final season of black mirror as sort of implied, but if so, it sure is a great season to end things off on.

haven't watched the last episode yet but fully enjoyed the rest of the season.

1. hang the dj
2. uss callister
3. crocodile
4. metalhead
5. arkangel

loved hang the dj and uss callister, both pretty cool concepts. surprised by metalhead though, didn't think i'd enjoy it but was really well done. just the world they created without spoon feeding us info was pretty cool.

i couldn't stop laughing when they revealed her age lol

Just went through Bojack and really enjoyed it. I like the premise of starting out with a goofy comedy (with half the cast being anthropomorphized animals) to get you invested and then switching to drama once you're invested, and some of the latter episodes hit really hard, particularly the stuff near the end of s3 and s4, Ruthie probably being my single favorite episode.

Now onto Arrested Development s5, and new seasons of Glow and Orange coming up shortly too, gonna be busy for awhile

Reactions: BKC
Just went through Bojack and really enjoyed it. I like the premise of starting out with a goofy comedy (with half the cast being anthropomorphized animals) to get you invested and then switching to drama once you're invested, and some of the latter episodes hit really hard, particularly the stuff near the end of s3 and s4, Ruthie probably being my single favorite episode.

Now onto Arrested Development s5, and new seasons of Glow and Orange coming up shortly too, gonna be busy for awhile

speaking of Bojack, they just anounced that season 5 is coming out on september 14th. It's one of my favorite shows of all time and I literally can't wait

Just finished watching The OA Part II. Part I was overall pretty good, and I watched it when it was released a ways back. Part II takes all the groundwork laid in Part I and ties it all together in a really awesome way. Part I is more mystery with a loose scifi feel, Part II is more scifi heavy but the characters are just as great as in Season I. I couldn’t watch Part II fast enough it was so well done.

• For Karim not being in Part I his character was extremely well done
  • The twists wrt Hap, OA and the others adjusting to the new dimension were great, seeing Rachel’s vocal chords go was heartbreaking
  • It’s pretty clear how the show will deal with Homer’s death, but I’m curious if Scott and Rachel come back into the fold, their “bonds” seemed a lot stronger in Part II than in Part I, especially Scott’s, hope Renata works her way back into the storyline too somehow
  • I want way more answers about that goddamn octopus
  • I want more answers about Elias too
  • Steve making the jump at the end was a neat twist
  • Will be interesting to see if they introduce other ways to jump besides the motions, it was heavily alluded to by the traveler there were more
  • The callbacks to Part I were just about right wrt frequency, enough but not overwhelming

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)