The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
In BW1 I trained so much in the grass spot next to the white woods that I almost got every pokemon catchable in there in its shiny form

For the record: 2 Shiny Jigglypuffs, Altaria, Drifblim, Golduck, Mienshao

Oh and Tropius

I am baffled both by the fact that you kept Supersonic on your Magneton and by the fact that it makes perfect sense. (The Magnemite line has a barren movepool even now; that it's Gen III makes it even worse.)
and not a lot of Pokemon have that combo of confusion + paralysis on learn-up set, and TMs are expendable one time and one time only, so I think Magneton is the best user of it naturally.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
The most amazing this that I've ever done in Pokémon actually happened to me quite recently. If you want to learn more I recommend going to see my full story in the "Shiny Pokémon Experiences" thread. At the time, I had yet to see anyone have this happen to them legit. See, there have been plenty of people who've found a Shiny Pokémon during the middle of a playthrough and gotten fantastic reactions out of them. So imagine my surprise when I was sitting in my bedroom working on my SoulSilver 100% run, backtracking to different areas for the PokéDex encounters I needed and getting not one, but TWO Shinies out of this! I had gotten a beautiful Shiny Ekans on Route 32 after beating Falkner, and at the beginning of April, I had gotten a jumpscare reaction from a random Shiny Zubat that I found while looking for a Wobbuffet in Dark Cave's back room after getting Surf. (I was switching between many playthroughs at the time, hence the huge three month gap.)

Oh, you want more? Okay, what if I told you I found the Zubat at the same level (23) that I had put my now-Arbok back in the PC? (Ekans was a temporary team member.) On top of that, they share a type, share a color in the first evolution forms (green), and my currently incomplete Shiny Hunt for Foongus on my White 100% run (long story) is also a Poison-Type. And did I mention I still have a huge portion of SoulSilver left?

Just let this sink in. Four full odds Shiny Poison-Type Pokémon all back to back and it's not even INTENTIONAL.

Hey, guess I'll make the first 2020 post in this thread!

I'd like to share a recent event that transpired concerning the new Marks feature in SwSh - I thought about posting this in "Little things you like about Pokemon", but I'm not heavily invested in hunting Marks to gush over them, and, well...it was the other thing occurring simultaneously that shocked me (took a bit to sink in). Though I did barely anything, this was indeed a very rare occurrence worthy of being called 'amazing' (imo..!), so it's only fitting it should go here.

As the video displays, I managed to catch a wild Shiny Gossifleur on Route 3 with the Rare Mark to boot. I was merely EV training my team (beating up Rolycoly for some Def prior), and this was the first Gossifleur I ran into afterwards. I only wish I was recording at the time for whatever reason, to have caught this live!

I was surprised for sure, but didn't think too much of it initially - just an unusually lucky encounter. Then the Isle of Armor hit, and I stored Gossifleur in the PC for safekeeping. However, though I am not an avid Mark hunter, I soon realized this was more special than a regular wild Shiny; I just had to evaluate what kind of probability I was dealing with here.

Now, feel free to correct me, but according to published odds, my calculations are as follows; note that I have the Shiny Charm but not the Mark Charm (I caught Gossifleur before Isle of Armor, but I scrolled through my Bag regardless for clarity):-

A [wild Shiny w/ Charm] = 1/1365

B [Rare "Recluse" Mark] = 1/1000 (a fitting name, as it's the single rarest Mark)

Therefore, probability of both outcomes occurring simultaneously = A x B = (1/1365) x (1/1000) = ~1 in 1,365,000. LOL

Unless I made a noticeable error during this late night typing, this should be the base odds for such an occurrence. However, since I've battled 68 Gossifleur over the course of my playtime, I can't rule out the possibility of an elevated Shiny rate at play. In which case;

a 1.5% chance of A+ ['boosted' wild Shiny w/ Charm] x B = (1/1024) x (1/1000) = ~1 in 1,024,000.

Regardless of whichever it was, over 1 in a million chance is honestly unreal; I'll cherish this Gossifleur, and there's no reason why I can't turn her into a fully competitive Eldegoss down the track!

I don't expect anything of such rarity to happen to me ever again while playing Pokemon, in saying that....I haven't ruled out nabbing a 0.1% Safari/Sport Ball from the Cram-o-Matic yet. :smogthink: Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)