The MMA/Boxing/Fighting Sports Thread

MVP thinks hes funny the jokes on him tho for thinking he's good while competing in the B league.

Yet to see this guy fight anyone with any striking skill

Catherine Walker

Banned deucer.
After watching the fight, I can say I'm wrong and Frankie actually deserve the win. I was mesmerized by the first round for some reason, but rounds 2, and 5 really sealed it for me.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
GGG vs Kell brook on saturday, should be a fun watch. unreal if kell manages to pull it off

Stipe baddest man on the planet until proven otherwise

Can't wait for Stipe vs Cain, JDS rematch, and anyone else quite frankly because I don't see anyone beating Stipe for a little while. Eyepoker Travis Browne lost (and didn't even try) vs Werdum, CM Punk lost badly..,

Stipe, Werdum, Overeem, Velasquez, JDS, Barnett, all well rounded and capable of beating each other. Then you have Rothwel and Arlovski, the dark horses, followed by everyone else who aren't consistent enough to be contenders. HW is a cool division but lacks new talent just like LHW. High level big athletes are so rare in MMA. :/ Brock made it interesting again for a second but he's probably done and maybe Hunt too if he can't stop crying over the embarrassing Lesnar loss

Hunt's problem is he just can't seem to string enough wins in a row against the top competition to get that shot. Overeem I still don't like, but he's the only one listed in mirza's post besides Rothwell named who hasn't held the HW belt at some point in the UFC's history lol. I'd like to see Barnett win it again one more time, but his best days are behind him, I don't see him keeping up with the young'ins. If Cormier ever gets bored at LHW, he could make an interesting bid back into HW I think, as it has to be tiring waiting for the UFC to try getting their poster child Jones just back into the octagon. And his contender choices are shrinking as well, I think Texiera is about the only common opponent he shares with Jones that he hasn't fought, it'll be cycling through rematches for him.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
can the boxing authorities strip fury of his belts already, it has been over a year since he has boxed and cited various health problems

wladimir vs joshua/wilder pls

I sure wish I could make $3mil and PPV money just to show up and get beat up for a little under a minute. Never liked Rousey, hope she stays out and goes to her new forte in fakery (WWE). Guess she could do movies too though I think she sorta sucks at acting too, so not like I'd be watching them.

Khabib (if he beats Ferguson, which he should) will embarrass McGregor who is a pretty special fighter himself.

MW is the most fun division right now. The champion would be the underdog against any top 10 fighter and is still actively dodging Romero. It's only a matter of time.. I'd love to see Jarare taste gold but it's Romero's time.

I'll go ahead and say it. The chick fights are still a joke. Rousey looked good in the same way Royce looked good vs a bunch of untrained people.

Anderson is fighting soon too. :)

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ill be at that anderson fight :)

khabibs scary as fuck. agree about MW. jacare for president.

also nunes is on roids and has more test than a man and shouldnt be allowed to fight

Weidman had T levels of a 10 year old girl, yet people assume fighters are clean and only Silva roided

oh well

And yes Khabib is super scary lol, I think his head might be just big enough to take shots and still ragdoll anyone he fights

GSP vs Bisping apparently is taking place for the MW title.. Hilarious to see Georges now stepping up when Silva wanted him for years.. tsk tsk

Also let's say he beats Bisping (likely but good chance Bisping beats his ass too) will GSP actually fight Jacare/Romero next?? Both would kill him.

Meh Bisping has to be one of the weakest champions ever for MW, he's faced none of the top 5 even for title defenses (for what it's worth I thought his last fight with Hendo at least warranted a tie) and is counting on a long layoff from GSP to add a bragging name to his resume. I hope GSP kicks his ass even if he's completely not deserving of a MW title shot. An immediate against whoever is at WW, well you can argue that, but challenging at a division he's never fought in before? Bleh.

Biggest fuck-up in a while! At least the win was given to Moose as it should have been. Sleazy Weidman attempted to stall 'faking' a head injury from the knee. He was fishing for a point deduction/time to recover but make no mistake about it he was rocked from the knees. The fight was waved off because he didn't look good enough for the commission, not because the ref paused the fight. Moose lit him up and shut everyone the fuck up that claimed he was never that good. The guy's elite.. live with it kiddos.

And LOL at Rumble's game plan, what in the fuck was that ?!?!

shade

be sharp, say nowt
just watched ggg vs canelo, how did that one judge score 118-110 to canelo? what the fuck? pains me that a sport i love is so shady

daniel dubois looks absolutely brutal, future heavyweight champ for sure. he's only fought mugs so far so will be good to see him in a proper scrap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)