RMT The King and His Comapanions

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

Sup dudes this is my Third ever RMT! To check out my first two click here or here noobs. If you want to find me check PS in the following rooms CAP, Health and Fitness, or PU.

THE PROCESS

To start my team I knew I wanted to start off with a Pokemon that needs more love that can still be viable. After looking at some unavailable megas and crying for 15 minutes I finally stumbled upon the legend Mega Sharpedo. I chose Mega Sharpedo because not only is this thing a lot of fun but it also scares a lot of Pokemon that can often be ran in the CAP tier.

Next I added Celesteela for its greats bulk. Although Skarmory was a legitimate option only because of Sturdy I decided Celesteela's ability Beast Boost was better. I also chose Celesteela because it's able to go and switch in on things that other wise completely render Mega Sharpdeo useless such as bulky attackers and priority users. Not only this but it can stall out ill-prepared Pokemon.

One of the prominet threats in the CAP metagame currently is Tapu Koko. This is why Marowak-Alola was almost mandatory for my team. Without Marowak-Alola Tapu Koko would easily rip me a new one. My team also needed Hazards in order for Sharpedo to OHKO more easily this is why Marowak-Alola is great for set up with it's access to Stealth Rock.

I knew that now my team was weak in terms of Special Attackers. After searching and searching for a Pokemon with decent Special Defense and synergy it hit me. Why not use one of the best CAPs in the gen 7 tier? I chose Mollux for this exact reason. It can take a decent amount of hits and with its ability Dry Skin it sweetened the deal even more as it can now come in on Water types for Marowak-Alola.

Hazard removal should be on almost every team and unfortunately my team needed one. My first thought was Mantine as it gave me another Ground resist but then I realized that Mantine sucks donkey balls in the CAP metagame. I went with the next best option, Tapu Fini. Tapu Fini has a decent amount of bulk and a great defensive typing as well which makes it a perfect defogger for my team.

My team thus far was looking pretty decent, however I really wanted another Ground switch in. I was first going to go with Tornadus-Therian because of its Assault Vest set and its fantastic speed tier. After some trial and error I realized that having 2 sweepers wasn't a bad idea. I threw on the most splashable Pokemon in the game at this point Landorus-Therian. Landorus-Therian can make the game go from early to late game in a matter of 2 turns which means it is now Mega Sharpedo's job to clean up if Landorus-Therian dies.

The King (Sharpedo-Mega) (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Lady Steel (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Heavy Slam

The Guard (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

The Rook (Mollux) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

The Duchess (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 110 Def / 100 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog

The DRAGON (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

THE TEAM

Jolly Nature

Crunch

Ice Fang

Psychic Fangs

Protect

Mega Sharpedo is really scary with it's base ability Speed Boost. It is able to outspeed Scarf Volkraken and Scarf Tapu Lele at 1.5X. This is huge as its mainly used as a late game cleaner. Due to being quite frail Mega Sharpedo needs pivot Pokemon in order to safely do its job.

Relaxed Nature

Leech Seed

Air Slash

Protect

Heavy Slam

Celesteela plays a big role in the team as it's main purpose is being used as a pivot. With Celesteela this team would be full of weak Pokemon that are easily taken advantage of. Thanks to its wide variety of moves and decent bulk Celesteela becomes a force to be reckoned with especially with its access to Leech Seed.

The Knight (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Adamant Nature
Shadow Bone

Bonemerang

Will-O-Wisp

Stealth Rock

Marowak-Alola is currently a very popular Pokemon because of its great typing and ability. These 2 assets alone make it a decent Pokemon as it is able to check both Pheromosa and Tapu Koko. It also gets a signature item as well, the thick club, which doubles its already great Attack stat. Without Marowak-Alola my team would struggle greatly with Tapu Koko which is a prominent Pokemon as it stands today in the CAP metagame.

Calm Nature

Lava Plume

Sludge Bomb

Thunderbolt

Recover

Mollux is currently great in CAP because of all the new Fairies running around. Not only this but it gets a decent Movepool and decent Recovery. Mollux also has access to a decent amount of bulk which makes it all the better to use on teams that struggle with fairies, my team however does not. Mollux can also act as a bulky water check which is terrific considering Mega Sharpedo traditionally struggles with them. My team tends to struggle with a lot of Water types his is why I decided to run Thunderbolt on Mollux.

Calm Nature

Taunt

Moonblast

Scald

Defog

Tapu Fini being my 5th Pokemon to add acts as a great hazard remover. Because of its type it act as a fantastic blanket check to a number of types, some of which include Fire, Dragon, Fighting, and Dark types. It also it has a great support base Movepool which is perfect. Tapu Fini is one of the greatest defoggers CAP will ever have.

Adamant Nature

Earthquake

Fly

Swords Dance

Rock Polish

Landorus-Therian is so incredibly splashable due to its great role compression. Unfortunately it is 4X weak to Ice types and easily countered by bulky Pokemon which really damper it's looks. This fact however does not kill it completely. Landorus-Therian is able to OHKO many Pokemon with Z-Fly and it deters switches with its option to set up. Double Dance Landorus-Therian is a extremely scary Pokemon to face if one's team isn't prepared. Landorus-Therian can send Early Game to Late Game by setting up and demolishing Mega Sharpedo's checks and counters. For these reasons Landorus-Therian is a terrific team mate.

Threat List

Hoopa-Unbound is just absolutely terrifying. I was against its ban in gen 6 but now... I mean just look at the damn thing. It can fuck up even Celesteela which is a huge issue for my team. Not only this but some bulkier sets can even take a Crunch from Sharpedo. Nothing on my team wants to switch in on this. I have 0 Bug type moves and this frustrates me because I can not reliable beat this thing. I have to rely on chip damage and predictions in order to KO this.

Honestly this thing also needs to go. Thanks to Protean Greninja I have nightmares now whenever I have an unboosted Mega Sharpedo. This thing kills Tapu Fini easy peasy with access to gunk shot and this my friends is not fun. Just like Hoopa-Unbound my team can not reliably or safely check this thing. OU just please ban this shit already along with Hoopa-Unbound.

Mega Slowbro is a major issue. Mega Sharpedo is not able to OHKO with Crunch and Mollux's Thunderbolt barely dents Slowbro. If allowed to set up Calm Mind it is almost unbeatable which causes me to tear my hair out and click X. The only thing that can put Slowbro in any real danger is Z-Fly Landorus-Therian.

It has been brought to my attention by snake_rattler that Bloom Doom Heatran puts a lot of pressure on my team. I have not faced that specific set yet but after analyzing my team further it appears that this thing can create an issue for me. It has a decent amount of coverage that greatly threatens my team.

Choice Scarf Volkraken can also be a pain for my team. In order to deal with this CAP Mollux is usually the switch in, however I've seen some Volkraken run Hidden Power Ground which is an issue as it 2HKO's Mollux. I have to rely on predictions and chip damage in order to take out Volkraken.

Conclusion
I hope you dudes and Dudettes out there have fun with this team. I know I have had a blast and I am so happy to that Gen 7 CAP is here. Thanks Dudes Enjoy!!!

I will fix more of this RMT later Thanks!

Shoutouts

To my Boi Akir the coolest PU Room Owner which I mean is just plain obvious. He basically made the best tier known to man.

To that silent coder urkerab. urkerab and I go wayyyyy back to the days of challenges. We even joined PS! around the same time. I'm always happy to see urkerab in a chat room even if he just sits there near the top and does nothing.

To sparktrain and Deck Knight for being great users of the CAP metagame and terrific mods!

To Lord Sample Team and PokemonmasterTj for being the top fattest nerds in the history of nerd culture.

To h_n_g_m_n for being the best artist I know. I am a huge fan of your work dude!

To frysinger The coolest Mofo in Health and Fitness.

To QxC4eva for CAP 3d modeling Contributions and the great Mollux WIP.

And Finallly To The OU tiering council in hopes they will ban Hoopa-U and Protean Gren
blunder, boudouche, CrashinBoomBang, Finchinator, PDC and Especailly the one and only head of the council TDK. Like legit everything you do affects us and our metagame so like maybe just take a look.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader

Sup dudes this is my Third ever RMT! To check out my first two click here or here noobs. If you want to find me check PS in the following rooms CAP, Health and Fitness, or PU.

THE PROCESS

To start my team I knew I wanted to start off with a Pokemon that needs more love that can still be viable. After looking at some unavailable megas and crying for 15 minutes I finally stumbled upon the legend Mega Sharpedo. I chose Mega Sharpedo because not only is this thing a lot of fun but it also scares a lot of Pokemon that can often be ran in the CAP tier.

Next I added Celesteela for its greats bulk. Although Skarmory was a legitimate option only because of Sturdy I decided Celesteela's ability Beast Boost was better. I also chose Celesteela because it's able to go and switch in on things that other wise completely render Mega Sharpdeo useless such as bulky attackers and priority users. Not only this but it can stall out ill-prepared Pokemon.

One of the prominet threats in the CAP metagame currently is Tapu Koko. This is why Marowak-Alola was almost mandatory for my team. Without Marowak-Alola Tapu Koko would easily rip me a new one. My team also needed Hazards in order for Sharpedo to OHKO more easily this is why Marowak-Alola is great for set up with it's access to Stealth Rock.

I knew that now my team was weak in terms of Special Attackers. After searching and searching for a Pokemon with decent Special Defense and synergy it hit me. Why not use one of the best CAPs in the gen 7 tier? I chose Mollux for this exact reason. It can take a decent amount of hits and with its ability Dry Skin it sweetened the deal even more as it can now come in on Water types for Marowak-Alola.

Hazard removal should be on almost every team and unfortunately my team needed one. My first thought was Mantine as it gave me another Ground resist but then I realized that Mantine sucks donkey balls in the CAP metagame. I went with the next best option, Tapu Fini. Tapu Fini has a decent amount of bulk and a great defensive typing as well which makes it a perfect defogger for my team.

My team thus far was looking pretty decent, however I really wanted another Ground switch in. I was first going to go with Tornadus-Therian because of its Assault Vest set and its fantastic speed tier. After some trial and error I realized that having 2 sweepers wasn't a bad idea. I threw on the most splashable Pokemon in the game at this point Landorus-Therian. Landorus-Therian can make the game go from early to late game in a matter of 2 turns which means it is now Mega Sharpedo's job to clean up if Landorus-Therian dies.

Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Heavy Slam

The Guard (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

THE TEAM

Jolly Nature

Crunch

Ice Fang

Psychic Fangs

Protect

Mega Sharpedo is really scary with it's base ability Speed Boost. It is able to outspeed Scarf Volkraken and Scarf Tapu Lele at 1.5X. This is huge as its mainly used as a late game cleaner. Due to being quite frail Mega Sharpedo needs pivot Pokemon in order to safely do its job.

Relaxed Nature

Leech Seed

Air Slash

Protect

Heavy Slam

Celesteela plays a big role in the team as it's main purpose is being used as a pivot. With Celesteela this team would be full of weak Pokemon that are easily taken advantage of. Thanks to its wide variety of moves and decent bulk Celesteela becomes a force to be reckoned with especially with its access to Leech Seed.

The Knight (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Adamant Nature
Shadow Bone

Bonemerang

Will-O-Wisp

Stealth Rock

Marowak-Alola is currently a very popular Pokemon because of its great typing and ability. These 2 assets alone make it a decent Pokemon as it is able to check both Pheromosa and Tapu Koko. It also gets a signature item as well, the thick club, which doubles its already great Attack stat. Without Marowak-Alola my team would struggle greatly with Tapu Koko which is a prominent Pokemon as it stands today in the CAP metagame.

Calm Nature

Lava Plume

Sludge Bomb

Thunderbolt

Recover

Mollux is currently great in CAP because of all the new Fairies running around. Not only this but it gets a decent Movepool and decent Recovery. Mollux also has access to a decent amount of bulk which makes it all the better to use on teams that struggle with fairies, my team however does not. Mollux can also act as a bulky water check which is terrific considering Mega Sharpedo traditionally struggles with them.

Calm Nature

Taunt

Moonblast

Scald

Defog

Tapu Fini being my 5th Pokemon to add acts as a great hazard remover. Because of its type it act as a fantastic blanket check to a number of types, some of which include Fire, Dragon, Fighting, and Dark types. It also it has a great support base Movepool which is perfect. Tapu Fini is one of the greatest defoggers CAP will ever have.

Adamant Nature

Earthquake

Fly

Swords Dance

Rock Polish

Landorus-Therian is so incredibly splashable due to its great role compression. Unfortunately it is 4X weak to Ice types and easily countered by bulky Pokemon which really damper it's looks. This fact however does not kill it completely. Landorus-Therian is able to OHKO many Pokemon with Z-Fly and it deters switches with its option to set up. Double Dance Landorus-Therian is a extremely scary Pokemon to face if one's team isn't prepared. Landorus-Therian can send Early Game to Late Game by setting up and demolishing Mega Sharpedo's checks and counters.

Threat List

Hoopa-Unbound is just absolutely terrifying. I was against its ban in gen 6 but now... I mean just look at the damn thing. It can fuck up even Celesteela which is a huge issue. Not only this but some bulkier sets can even take a Crunch from Sharpedo. Nothing wants to switch in on this thing.

Honestly this thing also needs to go. Thanks to Protean Greninja I have nightmares now whenever I send out Mega Sharpedo. This thing kills Tapu Fini easy peasy with access to gunk shot and this my friends is not fun. OU just please ban this shit already along with Hoopa-Unbound.

Conclusion
I hope you dudes and Dudettes out there have fun with this team. I know I have had a blast and I am so happy to that Gen 7 CAP is here. Thanks Dudes Enjoy!!!

Shoutouts

To my Boi Akir the coolest PU Room Owner which I mean is just plain obvious. He basically made the best tier known to man.

To that silent coder urkerab. urkerab and I go wayyyyy back to the days of challenges. We even joined PS! around the same time. I'm always happy to see urkerab in a chat room even if he just sits there near the top and does nothing.

To sparktrain and Deck Knight for being great users of the CAP metagame and terrific mods!

To Lord Sample Team and PokemonmasterTj for being the top fattest nerds in the history of nerd culture.

To h_n_g_m_n for being the best artist I know. I am a huge fan of your work dude!

To frysinger The coolest Mofo in Health and Fitness.

To QxC4eva for CAP 3d modeling Contributions and the great Mollux WIP.

And Finallly To The OU tiering council in hopes they will ban Hoopa-U and Protean Gren
blunder, boudouche, CrashinBoomBang, Finchinator, PDC and Especailly the one and only head of the council TDK. Like legit everything you do affects us and our metagame so like maybe just take a look.

Looks like a good team, but you don't really say what each team member does besides "it's good" and a little bit about what the mon does 6 times. For example, why are you running 3 Attacks + Recover Mollux? That's a pretty underutilized set over its more common SpDef moveset of Lava Plume / Toxic / Spin or Rocks / Recover set. Why drop Fire-type STAB on Marowak-A? I'd just like to know why you think they're effective, and your other readers will appreciate it as well. It also doesn't have to be very long either: "I run 3 Attacks + Recover Mollux because I find its standard moveset to be too passive," for example.

I'm sorry to go over this, but this really bothers me. Your threat list is literally two mons. Really it looks like you just want to say that "Greninja and Hoopa-U are broken, so ban them because they beat my team," and not what it really should be in an RMT, "here's what threatens my team, how can I fix it?" (also don't tag the entire OU council, that's just obnoxious :/ ). I can see more things that threaten your team. If a Grassium Z Heatran gets a free switch-in and traps and KOes Fini, what happens? You have to work pretty hard to keep Heatran at bay even if it isn't Grassium Z, especially since Tapu Fini can be worn down easily. This is why I think Heatran should go in your threatlist too. Most Scarfers (Garchomp, Crucibelle, Tapu Lele) can harass your team if you haven't set up with Landorus-T or Mega Sharpedo. This is a problem because Mega Sharpedo can be coaxed into Mega Evolution by +1 Aurumoth or Mega Metagross (base forme doesn't do enough to OHKO) and forced out by the aforementioned Heatran (run Waterfall > Ice Fang btw, just wear down Lando-T before setting up, which is easy to do in base form) or other defensive mons that maybe you didn't get a chance to KO. Now you have a Mega Sharpedo who can't boost its speed again, and the scarfer only has to worry about one potentially fast Pokemon. I know that sounds super specific, but I've used Mega Sharpedo a lot on my Trick Room team as a cleaner and those situations can ruin games for me.

Realistically, I'd like to see an RMT that shows off what your mons do rather than one that just shows off the mons themselves. The counters section shouldn't be a plug for banning Pokemon and should detail what Pokemon actually threaten your team. This way I can really help you with an RMT (it's a Rate My Team for a reason).

Imo, Marowak-A and Mollux overlap too much in terms of defensive synergy, hazards weakness, and what they actually check (you cited Pheromosa and Tapu Koko, both check those pretty well, and Mollux has Recover, maybe just run Mollux?). Since you lack instant boosted speed, maybe outfit with a Choice Scarf user over one of those..

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
Looks like a good team, but you don't really say what each team member does besides "it's good" and a little bit about what the mon does 6 times. For example, why are you running 3 Attacks + Recover Mollux? That's a pretty underutilized set over its more common SpDef moveset of Lava Plume / Toxic / Spin or Rocks / Recover set. Why drop Fire-type STAB on Marowak-A? I'd just like to know why you think they're effective, and your other readers will appreciate it as well. It also doesn't have to be very long either: "I run 3 Attacks + Recover Mollux because I find its standard moveset to be too passive," for example.

I'm sorry to go over this, but this really bothers me. Your threat list is literally two mons. Really it looks like you just want to say that "Greninja and Hoopa-U are broken, so ban them because they beat my team," and not what it really should be in an RMT, "here's what threatens my team, how can I fix it?" (also don't tag the entire OU council, that's just obnoxious :/ ). I can see more things that threaten your team. If a Grassium Z Heatran gets a free switch-in and traps and KOes Fini, what happens? You have to work pretty hard to keep Heatran at bay even if it isn't Grassium Z, especially since Tapu Fini can be worn down easily. This is why I think Heatran should go in your threatlist too. Most Scarfers (Garchomp, Crucibelle, Tapu Lele) can harass your team if you haven't set up with Landorus-T or Mega Sharpedo. This is a problem because Mega Sharpedo can be coaxed into Mega Evolution by +1 Aurumoth or Mega Metagross (base forme doesn't do enough to OHKO) and forced out by the aforementioned Heatran (run Waterfall > Ice Fang btw, just wear down Lando-T before setting up, which is easy to do in base form) or other defensive mons that maybe you didn't get a chance to KO. Now you have a Mega Sharpedo who can't boost its speed again, and the scarfer only has to worry about one potentially fast Pokemon. I know that sounds super specific, but I've used Mega Sharpedo a lot on my Trick Room team as a cleaner and those situations can ruin games for me.

Realistically, I'd like to see an RMT that shows off what your mons do rather than one that just shows off the mons themselves. The counters section shouldn't be a plug for banning Pokemon and should detail what Pokemon actually threaten your team. This way I can really help you with an RMT (it's a Rate My Team for a reason).

Imo, Marowak-A and Mollux overlap too much in terms of defensive synergy, hazards weakness, and what they actually check (you cited Pheromosa and Tapu Koko, both check those pretty well, and Mollux has Recover, maybe just run Mollux?). Since you lack instant boosted speed, maybe outfit with a Choice Scarf user over one of those..
While I haven't really ever played CAP, I think a Mienshao could do a lot for your team. With a Choice Scarf equipped, it can threaten Hoopa-U and Greninja with U-Turn for momentum or High Jump Kick for the raw damage. While it doesn't have the greatest bulk, it can live a few non-STAB SE hits and it gets Regenerator to heal itself after every switch-out. Stone Edge and Knock Off are it's standard coverage choices, but they can be switched out easily with something you think better covers your team. The

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Just an idea. Again, I don't play CAP often.

EDIT: Also helps some against Heatran and Ferrothorn

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
So after much testing I have deduced that Hoopa-U is the best fit for my team over Marowak-Alola. I changed Mollux to Stealth rock and threw on Hoopa-Unbound.

Here's the set:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)