The Heart of the Cards - Gen 7 Edition (Slate #9: Blissey, Claydol, Ampharos (Submission Phase))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I'm just going to vote for Diancie since I have litterally no choice for the others.

Diancie (Move): Meepbard, Gravity Monkey, Reviloja753
(Ability): Reviloja753, Meepbard, Gravity Monkey

Diancie - Move:
1. Reviloja753
2. Gravity Monkey
3. MeepBard

Diancie - Ability:
1. Reviloja753
2. MeepBard
3. Gravity Monkey

Drifblim - Move:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. MeepBard

Drifblim - Ability:
1. MeepBard
2. GravityMonkey

Linoone - Move:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. MeepBard

Linoone - Ability:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. MeepBard

Voting will end tomorrow!

So I win for both Diancie’s move and ability (with 6 and 8 points respectively). Gravity Monkey wins everything for Linoone, as well as Drifblim’s moves. However, we are quite in a tough spot for Drifblim’s move. Not only is it a tie, but Yoshi and I are the only ones who voted. Also, the submitters basically cannot vote. Yoshiblaze What do we do?

In terms of the next slate, me, Gravity Monkey and MeepBard get to pick. Before we do that, we need to figure out a way to not have this Pet Mod die off. Help!!!

About the tiebreaker, honestly we'd have to rely on an outsider to vote on it or allow the submitters to vote on it or in an extreme case let both submissions win.

In the meantime, I vote Gravity Monkey in the tiebreaker

Alright, time to officially end this slate!

Winners In Detail:

WINNING MOVE: DIAMOND FORCE BY Reviloja753
Move Name: Diamond Force
Appearance In The TCG: XY Promo 44 (Mega)
Base Power: 100
Power Points: 16
Accuracy: 95%
Elemental Type: Fairy
Damage Category: Physical
Effect: 50% chance to raise this Pokemon's Attack by one stage for each hit. Super-effective on Steel-types.
Z-Effect: 180 Power
Target: All adjacent foes
Makes Contact: No
Special Properties: N/A
Design Rationale: Hooray! A physical STAB move! Since it's super-effective on Steel-types, it opens the door to a physical set for Mega Diancie, making it versatile and unpredictable. A physical set on the mega could run Diamond Storm/Diamond Force/Stealth Rock/filler. In terms of flavor, I decided to basically make it Diamond Storm's sister from another mister (or miss, in this case).

WINNING ABILITY: SPARKLE VEIL BY Reviloja753
Ability Name: Sparkle Veil
Appearance In The TCG: Fates Collide 72
Effect: This Pokemon ignores its weaknesses and is immune to priority moves.
Ability Replaced: Clear Body
Design Rationale: Diancie in the base form is usually horrible. Bad defensive typing with a lot of weaknesses, including a quad weakness to steel, makes it impossible to use defensively. It also lacks the speed or typing to set up easily and sweep. Sparkle Veil fixes all of that. On the defensive side, no weaknesses means it can actually take advantage of its decent support pool. Screens, Heal Bell, Rocks and even Trick Room are all viable options on the base with Sparkle Veil. You could even make a defensive core of sorts with mega Tyranitar with Sparkle Veil if you really wanted to. If Diancie gets a physical STAB Fairy move (fingers crossed), it could run Gyro Ball or Rock Polish sets.

WINNING MOVE: EXPLODING SMOKE BY Gravity Monkey
Move Name: Explosive Smoke
Appearance In The TCG: Diamond and Pearl #24
Base Power: -
Power Points: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy: 100
Elemental Type: Flying
Category: Status
Effect: Places a layer of explosive smoke on you're opponent field. You can place up to three layers. When your opponent switch in, they get damage the way spikes does and for each layer placed, there is an additional 10% that the opponent get burnt (30% at most). Fire types are immune to it. Can be removed by defog or rapid spin.
Z-Effect: Increase the user's speed by one stage.
Target: Opponent's field
Special Properties: -
Design Rationale: This move is great. At three layers, it's almost like if you had a free scald every time your opponent switches in, and that's a really good thing. I gave a such strong move to drifblim because, well, it's a bad pokemon to start with. I think this move would add to his viability a lot more. Also, since Drifblim is ghost type, it's immune to rapid spin, which makes an interesting combo.

WINNING ABILITY: PUMP UP BY Gravity Monkey
Ability Name: Pump Up
Appearance In The TCG: Supreme Victors #3
Effect: For each alive pokemon in your team, this pokemon gets 1/16th of its health healed by the end of each turn (up to 6/16th).
Ability Replaced: Aftermath. Even though this ability makes sense flavorwise, it's the one that does the less and it's just not really that useful competitively.
Design Rationale: We're gonna make Drifblim great again! *kof kof* So. With this ability, Drfblim becomes incredibly hard to hit and an insanely good lead with Sub and Exploding Smoke. Since this ability upgrades your HP depending on the number of pokemon left in TCG, I thought this inverted beat up ability could be a really cool adition to get Drif a niche.

WINNING MOVE: OVERRUN BY Gravity Monkey
Move Name: Overrun
Appearance In The TCG: Great Encounters #43
Base Power: 100
Power Points: 5 (Max 8)
Accuracy: 95
Elemental Type: Normal
Category: Physical
Effect: +1 prority. The user's defense, special defense and speed is decreased by one stage.
Z-Effect: 175 BP, normal type.
Target: Opponent
Makes Contact: Yes
Special Properties: -
Design Rationale: Overrun sounds like if Linoone was running faster than it could, that's why it is exhausted at the end and loses in speed, defense and special defense. But who cares when you have a priority stronger than extremespeed?

WINNING ABILITY: PUMP UP BY Gravity Monkey
Ability Name: Sniff Out
Appearance In The TCG: Sandstorm #44
Effect: When the user loses an item by any way (consumed, knocked off, flinged and etc...), it will regain this item at the end of the turn.
Ability Replaced: Pick Up, because it's just an upgraded version of it.
Design Rationale: Basically Harvest, but better. With that ability, you can spam overrun with white herb and not losing anything. Or you can use it with sitrus berry, or you can try other random things. This will help Linoone to achieve its goals without relying to much on items.

HOF:
Gravity Monkey moves up to Pokemon BREAK rank

Reviloja753, Gravity Monkey, and MeepBard may select the next slate!

Also, expect possible changes soon!

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Just realized there are some little errors in the archive:

-Sniff Out is named Pump Up
-Explosive Smoke is named Exploding Smoke (This one is my fault). EDIT: And now it's named Explodive Smoke. Just to mention. ^^"

Last edited:
Slate #9:
First, it's the stall staple of every generation, sometimes unevolved, suggested by Reviloja753, BLISSEY:

Next, it's a thing with a bunch of eyes..., suggested by Gravity Monkey, it's CLAYDOL:

Finally, we have the cutest sheared-sheep-lighthouse-dragon-that-can-turn-into-Fabio ever, suggested by MeepBard, it's AMPHAROS:

Deadline: February 25th​

Gonna give this a try with Ampharos!

Move Name: Thunder Rod
Appearance In The TCG: Ampharos-EX (Ancient Origins 27)
Base Power: --
Power Points: 5 (max. 8)
Accuracy: --% (self-inflicted, so never misses)
Elemental Type: Electric
Damage Category: Status
Effect description: The user restores its own HP. The amount regained varies with the conditions.
Effect: Restores HP based on terrain and weather. During rain or if under the effects of Electric Terrain it restores 2/3 of total HP, during Sand, Hail or if under the effect of other Terrains it restores 1/4 of total HP. Restores 1/2 of total HP in all other conditions.
Z-Effect: Resets all of the user's lowered stats.
Target: Self
Special Properties: Affected by Snatch
Design Rationale: Basically the one thing Mega Ampharos is missing is a healing move, so with this card move (gives Ampharos Lightning Energies in the original version) I basically created a version of just that! Would finally make Mega Ampharos more viable in UU.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist

Move Name:
Appearance In The TCG:
Base Power:
Power Points:
Accuracy:
Elemental Type:
Damage Category:
Effect:
Z-Effect:
Target
:
Makes Contact:
Special Properties:
Design Rationale:
Ability Name:
Appearance In The TCG:
Effect:
Ability Replaced:
Design Rationale:

Move Name: Thunder Rod
Appearance In The TCG: Ancient Origins #27
Base Power: -
Power Points: 8
Accuracy: 100
Elemental Type: Electric
Damage Category: Status
Effect: Raises by three stages the lowest stat of the user (after boosts).
Z-Effect: Resets user's lowered stats.
Target: Self
Special Properties: Affected by snatch.
Design Rationale: Since the move "boosted" the user with energies in TCG, I made it a boosting move! With this move, M-Ampharos can get its speed raised easier than by using agility, which is a big plus knowing how slow it is, but it can also boost other stats afterwards,which is just great! This should help Ampharos to be a more powerful, faster wallbreaker and give him more viability.
Ability Name: Shocking Light
Appearance In The TCG: Steam Siege #40
Effect: Upon switching in, your opponent loses 1/8th of it's health. Gaining this ability makes your opponent loses 1/8th of it's health.
Ability Replaced: N/A
Design Rationale: This ability purpose is pretty straight-forward: deal damage before your opponent can do anything. This ability can break sashes, kill some pokemon with low-hp, but its main use will sure be to get a little more damage, which is still pretty nice and useful. Also nice to have something useful on not-mega ampharos.

Move Name:
Appearance In The TCG:
Base Power:
Power Points:
Accuracy:
Elemental Type:
Damage Category:
Effect:
Z-Effect:
Target
:
Makes Contact:
Special Properties:
Design Rationale:
Ability Name: Primal Pull
Appearance In The TCG: Hidden Legends #2
Effect: As long as Claydol is on terrain, opponent pokemons can only target themselves or Claydol.
Ability Replaced: N/A
Design Rationale:

(WIP)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)