The greatest moment of your life

Another notable experience would be in FIRST Vex Competition. At a national qualifier, our team advanced to elimination rounds by pure fluke and opposing malfunctioning robots, and we got a first-round bye, but was eliminated in the following round after two consecutive losses. That was pretty disappointing. However, we figured that we still stood a chance at winning an award based on our community involvement, and watched other teams compete until the awards ceremony. Sadly, the awards ceremony was equally depressing, as awards were distributed without us as a recipient. The last award given was the champion's award, given for "best of show." We were nearly certain that we would not receive this, given our less-than-optimal robot design and lack of FIRST Robotics Competition experience. However, as the MC read the description for the winning team, we realized that the description being read matched many of the responses that we had given to our judges during interview. Just as we were beginning to realize this, our team number was read, and our faces lit up with the realization that we would be going to Atlanta.
Hey, my teams going to Atlanta for the nationals too. What team are you on? I'm on team 191, the X-Cats.

I was considering this question before, and I realized I don't know what moment I would consider my best / happiest / proudest moment. However, it was interesting to think about.

What is your greatest moment?
When I lost my virgin debt. Damn, I thought this would be up there for a lot of people.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
'pervysenin' has a point..

i just remembered the time when some friends and i got a lift out of a deserted village in northern spain, straight to zaragoza. it was truly awesome and felt like we had accomplished a lot, since we had been considering sleeping rough!

When I went to New York for the first time since I was born, or when I went to Canada for the first time. I cant really decide

i got a* for a first draft piece of coursework i did in about 1 1/2 hours once. never had to redraft it

When I lost my virgin debt. Damn, I thought this would be up there for a lot of people.
I laughed. We're a bunch of 20-year-olds who play pokemon. Competitively.

I didn't think that my first time was as special as I wanted it to be. A drunken encounter with a girl I had a crush on for a long time. We went to her house, had sex for about 3 hours, and then I walked home (she kicked me out). It was raining, and I live a few click's away. I could hardly remember the whole the experience the next day, and she refused to talk to me since.

It's an achievement, and I don't think it should rank so high unless it was truly special, which I don't know it was for a lot of people.

At least it was a girl you had a crush on for a long time and not somebody you hardly knew.

My first was a girl I had dated for over a year, we hooked up a month after we broke up =P how special.

Hard to narrow it down to one particular moment...

Social - getting togther with my girlfriend.

Academic - winning the PriceWaterhouse Coopers scholarship in first year of college.

Fun time - about twelve metres from the stage in the pit for the Red Hot Chilis with my best friends.

Sport - winning a UK Nationals Taekwon-do medal.

At least it was a girl you had a crush on for a long time and not somebody you hardly knew.

My first was a girl I had dated for over a year, we hooked up a month after we broke up =P how special.
I can only ask; why? I seriously don't like some of those relationships where nothing happens ever.

I suppose it had its upsides, but not one of my best/proudest moments.

having sex with my chem teacher in the school 'prayer room'

lets just say i was king of the school for a good 2 months... until i fucked up in the soccer final and scored an own goal to lose the championship. i was then school scum.

Hard to narrow it down to one particular moment...

I must agree with this format.

Social - Getting to know the general populous who work around me in my educational environment.

Academic - 2 scholarships, 2 skipped grades, the list goes on... >.<

Fun time - I have fun?

Sport - Absolutely nailing my Karate teacher when he told me to tackle him.
I still think all of it is BS, but i'm doing this for the good of the Empire (tm).

Hang on, I've got a real moment. Last year, the last baseball game of the regular season for the Minnesota Twins. Fucking awesome. I went their with some friends, it was great. The Twins made it past the Tigers to win the American League Central division, Joe Mauer won the Batting Title and Justin Morneau was announced MVP. Damn, the whole stadium was loud, and it doesn't help that the Metrodome echoes a ton.

But since the Twins are supposed to blow this year, I probably won't be attending many games. Yes, I'm a bandwagon fan. In fact, I probably won't be attending many games at all until 2010 when the new stadium is built.

4.5 seconds left, I was playing for a local park, because everybody else sucked, it was the championship game. The ball is thrown in bounds to me, I look at the crappy clock on the table by the benches, with 1.2 seconds left, I shoot a wild 3. It seemed so beautiful from my point of view. It rose so high, and it missed the rim completely and the game was over.

We were up by 7 anyways :pimp:

My proudest moment was when I was put into the slow group at Track's State meet in the Mile as a Freshman. This other kid I knew and I fought through this race and, after many lead changes,we both got our best times. I was came out on top and ended up placing in the fast group as 6th so I got to move on to the next level of competition called our Meet of Champions. It's my proudest moment because it was when I finally proved to myself I really had what it took. I wasn't just some washed-up punk who was good in Middle School. I could really do this.

Even if I were to win the meet in the future, nothing can live up to this moment. The only thing that could possibly replace this would be leading my Cross-Country team to Nationals in Oregon. Just to be accepted to run there would mean everything.

Lots of happy moments:
-any time playing 3-player Secret of Mana with a Gowen friend
-beating a Choco Island 2 Staff Ghost by .001 seconds in Mario Kart DS...insane luck.
-seeing a nearby mountain on a clear, snowy day
-finding a Shiny Bellsprout
-getting a full-ride music scholarship (gosh, I was so lucky)
-having an insane day of trumpet screaming

-billions of other things

When i thought i was going to get very serious with my gf,i was going to meet her parents (on her country) and we were thinking in a future, these last days (in our whole year, even when there were hard times) were the best and happiest i had.

Unfortunately everything is over now, just today and i had to vent somewhere!.Something strange happened with her and her family to rush such decision.

Social - Meh, I don't really have that great of a social life. I need to make some friends or something

Academic - Went from Japanese 200 to 300, I studied by myself and became good

Fun time - when I was drunk making out with two chicks, not getting caught

Sport - Every week, I bench more and more, I get happier as the number gets higher

-kickin' ass as a n00b in science bowl by getting over twice the score of everyone else combined. now i'm on the team :D
-making forwards turn back when I'm a defender
-getting 3rd individually at NAGT in the senior division when i was in 8th grade
-makin nats mathcounts though i had no experience 6th and 7th grades (and then whoppin' some in the countdown at state to get 1st)
-winning geo bee 7th grade
-going to FIRST worlds in atlanta last year
-testing out of english 10
-undertaking ap chem, bc, physics, english 11, and human geo as a sophomore
-being outstanding 8th grader in middle school

yeah it's a bit academic up there, but they don't make me as proud as
-getting a really hard math problem right (the last 2 on mandelbrot)
-improving my terrible juggling streak (soccer)
-teaching someone else something new
-learning something else new
-taking pride in doing ordinary things scrupulously
-being congenial and going out of my way to do something for someone else (even if it's a pain in the ass)
-watching someone else earn something they deserve

Those last seven points are the reasons that top list is possible; I guess I'm the most proud of every non-titular/non-material reward.
I hope I stay that way, and I look forward to being a great teacher and a great father when I grow up!
However, I lack a girlfriend... but I've never tried asking anyone out yet (I'm scared >_<)! I just hope that whoever it is, I make them happy.
My obituary is gonna be damn stuffed.

When i made my Varsity Baseball debut against my Brothers School.

The way all my friends/family came, and supported me and my brother through out the game, it was a great experience. Something i'll definitely always remember...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm with Obi. This question is tough . . . somehow I feel like choosing one would somehow be denying many other amazing experiences of the title as "best".

I do have to admit one thing to myself, part of the confusion that prevents me from actually posting a real moment, is that I fear the happiest moment might have been one with a past romantic interest (and I'm not even sure which one, if my happiest moment was a romantic one at all), which is just too sad to think about now considering I'm single now. >___>

dropping 27 points in a basketball game in 7th grade including a buzzer beater to win

dirty ass triple play JV baseball freshman year

after work last year, going to the pool with a bunch of friends when it was pitch black and swimming for hours

just some random things. made me think about that after this summer i'm not going to be doing this again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)