The greatest moment of your life

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was considering this question before, and I realized I don't know what moment I would consider my best / happiest / proudest moment. However, it was interesting to think about.

What is your greatest moment?

Well I am pretty sure that they all involve getting naked with girls, which is a definite step up from the past when Bible Quizzes were the triumph of my life.

An interesting question.

I think the first time I played 7 nation army the whole way through on base. That was a good day.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I tried playing that once, but I couldnt because all my base are belong to zerowing.

I would say when I was 15, a symphonic band I played in won a national championship. It was amazing because we were such underdogs really, or at least we were sold on the idea that we were (technically we didnt win, because there was no winner selected, in a sort of PC non competitive bs thing, but we were the only band that got the top level ranking in our category).

That is really the one thing that stands out to me as something that I was extremely proud of achieving.

Having made this post I have already thought of a couple of other things that may have come close to that, but I think that because at the time I decided that was my proudest moment, it has stuck.. But I was definitely amped about it for weeks..

Have a nice day.

I could probably think of only a few achievements that I really felt happy about.

Back in elementary school, my friends and I won a clay modeling contest. I think the castle keep actually bagged us the prize. A lot of people thought it was made of pure clay when it actually just had a clay base and the interior was hollow except for toothpicks we placed in there for support.

The other, more recent, achievement would be when I was elected as the Managing/Associate Editor of my high school literary magazine. I've never held a position that high before. I was second in command only to the editor-in-chief, and of course the org moderator, who was an English teacher in the high school.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
greatest moment and proudest moment are two different things

the greatest moments in life are usually the simplest for me, something that stands out was when i was on a cruise, the last night, lying on the helicopter pad with the friends i had made looking up at the stars, knowing i would never see these people again, but cherishing every moment i spent with them

Proudest moment would be something more like accepting scholarships i get from school.

I am going to change this, well for me at least. The greatest moment in my life WILL happen tomorrow! Sometime tomorrow between noon-3 p.m., I will be an uncle! It'll be a hell of an adjustment, and I still haven't accepted the title of 'Uncle Bran,' but I can't wait!

Winning the DBZ card game world championship in 2004 while competing against hundreds of extremely skilled players. Huge prizes, lots of respect, the satisfaction of knowing that I earned it and that my title wasn't disputable... all in all a great memory.

Other memories that are highly ranked...

DBZ TCG national champion 2006
St. Patty's day 06, giving a girl an orgasm for the first time.
My first day of student teaching (last week).

I think lifetime LOWS would make a good thread too =P

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The climax of an ****** wouldn't be far off the greatest moment in my life.

Getting into the High School Football team against the School that was closest in terms of distance, and were classed as our "rivals". Playing a central position behind the Attacking Midefielder was my main role, and I didn't do too bad. I was pleased with the 5-2 victory. Proud one for me there.

Winning my DS in a Yu-Gi-Oh regionals where there were over 130 participants.

I'm naturally happy when you would file me as a drunken mess on the streets...

There will be more later on to come.

I am going to change this, well for me at least. The greatest moment in my life WILL happen tomorrow! Sometime tomorrow between noon-3 p.m., I will be an uncle! It'll be a hell of an adjustment, and I still haven't accepted the title of 'Uncle Bran,' but I can't wait!
Can you change your name to "Uncle Bran", or "Unkie Bran"?

Congratulations tomorrow, as well.

One the most outstanding memories I have is of when I was in sixth grade and I got first chair, first violin in All Regional Orchestra. (That was what, about 8 years ago?) I had already gotten a lot of dirt within my school orchestra because the eighth graders didn't like the idea of a sixth grader being in the Advanced orchestra. On top of that, the summer before the All Regional competition, I got carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists, which greatly hampered the amount of preparation time I got, which lead to my violin teacher and my parents doubting whether I should even try to compete. But yeah, it was great because I proved a whole shitload of people wrong, and the whole experience of putting together a concert together in 2 days with people I had never met before and then performing it was awesome.

A more recent experience being the VNV Nation concert I went to last autumn... that was pretty intense.

Last year VNV was in town here in MI on April 22. That's the same day D/P came out, as well as the day my cat had kittens =( for both reasons I didn't go. But I've met Ronan before and he's an awesome guy.

Hmm not sure really, I think my proudest moment was when I won the business prize in my school last year :D Prize giving was boring as hell but damn it was worth it, especially beating all the really arrogant people in my class haha.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
personally it wasn't a single moment. as jackal said, they're two completely different things.

looking back, it was possibly a period of 1-2 months last year/last-to-last year of which i spent almost all the time with really close friends who i haven't seen for a long time now (but i'm going to meet them in a couple of months which i'm really pumped up for!)

Proudest moment was in year 6 when I won some football tournament playing in goal, which I don't think I'd properly done before. I was brilliant in the earlier rounds but I fucked up in the final lol, I remember making a save at 3-2, the ball went through my legs and kinda got stuck and I think I sat on it lol. Anyway, it stayed 3-2 and we won the thing.

Also a proud moment was passing the entrance exam for my school and the other one to which I applied and getting a scholarship meeting for writing, which was probably not my forte back in year 6 for a very good private school. I kinda fucked up on it though lol.

Every great moment in my life has been unique and there's no way I could the greatest one out of them.

Watching a spectacular view while skiing in the Alps. Smoking a cigarette with two friends while sipping on some beer and listening to silence. First kiss with the girl I love. Crying with my father. Learning how to ride my bike. Playing tag with my grandma. Having a religious experience and sharing it with three great friends. Playing a computer game through the whole night with a group of friends. Getting an apology from a bully/childhood friend at junior high. Class trip to Malta with people I've know for a bit over ten years. Living for a year in the US. Freaking out with a friend due drugs and alcohol. Discovering music... to name a few from the top of my head.

In my opinion a moment is great when you can remember it after many years and yet still smile at it.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm gonna go with the time that me and a friend spent three days cycling across Scotland and when we finally reached our destination it was...difficult to describe. We were so tired, but y'know that lightheaded feeling you get when you're incredibly happy? There were so many ups and downs along the road that I'll often just smile or stifle a laugh everytime I think about it.

There was another time when I was out camping and me and two friends climbed up the biggest hill we could find. It was damn near vertical at some points. We joked about running down it, and in the heat of the moment I decided to do it. I figured it I maintained my speed I'd be able to stay on my feet. Did I fuck. I found myself going uncontrollably fast and specifically remember thinking to myself "Why me? :(" I was totally high on the adrenaline and started laughing even though I knew this was gonna end in pain. I eventually lost my footing and went hurtling down. When I finally reached the bottom and scraped myself off the floor I was in such a fucking mess. I looked like a DBZ character after a big fight or something. My mates came down eventually and looked at me in horror. Then at the exact same time we all just burst out in hysterics and laughed the whole way home. I'm not sure why that classifies as a great moment in my life...I just remember thinking to myself that this is the happiest I've been in a long time. I think it was a combination of the beautiful countryside, the adrenaline, the laughter and two of my best friends.

Reading this, I realize that my life hasn't had many ups or downs at all. I'm pretty indifferent almost all the time, but I'd say that just spending time with my best friend in grade school were my favorite moments. Like when we were hungry, and decided to make popcorn on the stove, and ended up putting all sorts of fucked up ingredients in it, like tobasco sauce and ground peanuts, and it obviously turned out to be a giant mess. Or when we were playing catch, and the ball rolled into the street and down the sewer, so we tried getting it out, even to the extent of getting a crowbar and trying to pry it off. I don't think there has even been a defining moment in my life where I've looked back and said "this is the best moment of my life", but I've just enjoyed all the simple, dumb stuff like that.

Man, this feels like one of those corny tv shows where an adult voice is narrating a show from the 50s saying "when I was growing up, times were so simple in my neighborhood..." and shit like that.

You know, I can't find a moment in which my life in which I would consider the best I've experienced. My life is generally fine as is, and stays about the same. If I had to pick, it would either be:

1. When I opened my Wii on Christmas day. Fucking awesome.

2. When I started taking pills for depression. Made everything fucking awesome.

Probably 8th grade formal dance. Boys became men that night and I joined the pack. Good times..but prom is coming up for me soon so that might replace this:naughty:

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really don't know what makes me the proudest. The best moment of my life will probably be some sort of event that makes me see I've been useful to the world.

Probably 8th grade formal dance. Boys became men that night and I joined the pack. Good times..but prom is coming up for me soon so that might replace this:naughty:
ive got junior prom this friday. cant wait.

anyways, happiest moment-
performing at WBA championships for the first time in 2006. i remember thinking right before the show that this would be the last time i ever marched with these same people. i was so sad, yet i was happy too because i knew that if it made me this sad, i must have had some hella good times with the people to miss them so much.

for those of you who dont know, WBA is a marching band circuit.

The greatest moment in my life is every night where i can lay down in my bed, reflect on the day and let all the tension/stress of assignments and essays just fall off.

The proudest moment is a different moment all together. I've made some notable achievements (Scholarships, continual High Distinctions in government tests except English (>=( fuck English), highest LOTE mark, ect) But i've never actually been proud of myself...Very low self-esteem indeed ._.

Getting 89.9% and Rank 1 in my class. Got a GIGANTIC placard and an awesome story book to boot + winning and art prize in first grade while I was in the US.(Actually I'\m American but my dad ost my job so nowwe live in India,btw I got Rank 1 in India where Math and all other subjects ESPECIALLY Biology are EXTREMELY doifficult*PRIDE :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)