The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think part of it is the surprise factor. Brady already starts with such high expectations that when he puts up numbers like this it's not met with the same awe that we experience with guys like Matt Ryan and Carson Wentz. I think this plays into the mvp voting a bit. It sucks for Brady because he certainly deserves it, but I think that's the reality. At least Carson Wentz is putting up similar numbers so it's not like he's UNdeserving either.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
That logic would make sense if Peyton Manning didn't win 5 fucking mvps. There was no voter fatigue or too high expectations for him. I WANT JUSTICE.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
"In time you will know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail all the same. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives...

Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this... does put a smile on my face."

(inspired by a post on r/patriots)

Thanos as Billy B does make that whole movie a fuck of a lot more interesting.

as a non-pats fan ive seen very little brady praise all year, even on this thread. Not digging it.

Also, i don't think this is the time where the "jags defense is mortal" thing should come into play (not that they're immortal), I think this is where we should look and say holy shit the offense can't hold the ball for shit when it can't run. Also they can prepare for mobile qbs, they just didn't prepare for gabbert's legs. odd, considering i never saw his legs in jacksonville since he couldn't avoid sacks to save his life.
What? He is literally having the best year of his career lol. After 2007 ofc.

Gronk gets held all day, then gets held twice on the same play (uncalled) on Brady's int then makes a dirty ass play on bills DB out of frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)