The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty excited about the Eagles this year. A little confused with their draft choices- should have grabbed a cornerback first round, but I can deal with a defensive end. That defensive line looking mad scary right now with Derek Barnett and Fletcher Cox.

I think Blount will be an interesting watch over in Philly. We'll see if he can scratch out enough to work a decent contract while he still has time. Not much time and any contact won't be long at all, but he's was damn near playing for free in NE.

*Edit*

Didn't realize the deal was for 2.8 for the one year. Obviously better than another year in NE, though the you'd expect a little more for the TDs and workload potential.

Last edited:
Blount is one of the most overrated players in the entire NFL imo.

I've watched like almost every pats game the 3 years and for the life of me I don't understand why people think hes anything better than mediocre.

His reputation is boosted by all the 1 yard TDs he gets from playing with Brady and 2 playoff games against the colts.

He Has zero pass game ability, takes forever to get to the LOS and gets tackled for no gain far too much for a guy that plays against light boxes every down.

There's a reason the Patriots offense went bananas in the superbowl when James white replaced him.

Also he literally quit on the Steelers mid-season to join the Patriots.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Maybe if he didn't...idk...suck and demand a high price tag.
He's a better starter than about ten teams in the league have and would be a far more talented backup than most of the league and the high price tag thing is being tossed around a lot but it's simply not true. How can he be asking for a lot of money when people aren't calling him in the first place.

Someone mentioned this on the radio a week back or so but can you seriously think of any player who has refused to budge on price so much that he literally priced himself out of professional play? Has that seriously ever happened?

He's a better starter than about ten teams in the league have and would be a far more talented backup than most of the league and the high price tag thing is being tossed around a lot but it's simply not true
Well I can understand a few these teams not signing him because they're embracing the ol'tankaroo and he might net them 2-3 wins (jets and browns)

Ultimately I think he'll be signed by the Seahawks or some other team that isn't dumb AF to be the backup

And Patriots fans wonder why they're universally considered the most obnoxious fans in all of sports
Any Pats fan that wonders that isn't a real pats fan.

Entitled smugness and obnoxiousness is a badge of honor that all true Pats fans proudly wear.

With each title the Pats win I personally challenge myself to become even more insufferable and irritating.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Two things: First, it's not "Obnoxious fandom" that makes you so mad, it's the losing. The mad came long before the obnoxious stuff really started happening. Live in your truth.

Second, Steelers boy is right they're a doormat cuz they play zone all the time. You disrupt timing based offenses by throwing bodies at them in man, and pushing them off their spots while keeping tight to them. Blitzes are the opposite of good against Brady they very very very very very rarely work. So yeah it sounds dumb to say "play conventional" but it's the simple way of saying you can't fool the QB you have to play them straight up. And it's hard to do that if you don't have the talent to match them 1 on 1, which spoilers, is why the Patriots are a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)