The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the other hand kaep comes with alot of baggage

Being that hes a vegan and all.

And if i know anything about those annoying motherfkers its that they tell everyone about how great veganism is and never stop trying to convert others to their disgusting way of life.

Obviously a cancer that can cause divisiveness in the locker room.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Who says Kaep has regressed as a QB since that Super Bowl appearance? His team literally collapsed around him and despite that his skillset has markedly improved. God forbid players are capable of working on their own personal game. He does less of the Russell Wilson special of scampering out of pockets that don't need to be scampered out of which means longer time spent with the ability to make a play downfield. This is the forever knock against bla- errr mobile QBs it's pervasive even when he's not doing it anymore. He's improved his accuracy on top of being more disciplined and has become pretty damn okay at this whole Quarterbacking thing and is a damn valuable piece that a good coordinator can use in an offense.

I count at least 8 teams who have no business trying to pretend they don't want to sign him as THEIR GODDAMN STARTER. Like people try to spin it as "well maybe he'd be a good backup" when he's blatantly overqualified to be a backup. And arguably there's a few more teams who Kaepernick would give serious competition to the current starters.

But for some reason we insist on aggrandizing the QB position to be this thing where you need to find someone who just makes everything magically better and gets your team results. The results based analysis for positional talent is bad and it should make the NFL feel bad.

Or maybe some front offices do know that Kaepernick is good but aren't signing him because maybe just maybe the rich white guys who sign the paychecks don't appreciate their black guys to get too uppity.

Really take your pick the NFL is incompetent and racist or competent and racist, either way Kaepernick should have a goddam job.

Who says Kaep has regressed as a QB since that Super Bowl appearance? His team literally collapsed around him and despite that his skillset has markedly improved. God forbid players are capable of working on their own personal game. He does less of the Russell Wilson special of scampering out of pockets that don't need to be scampered out of which means longer time spent with the ability to make a play downfield. This is the forever knock against bla- errr mobile QBs it's pervasive even when he's not doing it anymore. He's improved his accuracy on top of being more disciplined and has become pretty damn okay at this whole Quarterbacking thing and is a damn valuable piece that a good coordinator can use in an offense.

I count at least 8 teams who have no business trying to pretend they don't want to sign him as THEIR GODDAMN STARTER. Like people try to spin it as "well maybe he'd be a good backup" when he's blatantly overqualified to be a backup. And arguably there's a few more teams who Kaepernick would give serious competition to the current starters.

But for some reason we insist on aggrandizing the QB position to be this thing where you need to find someone who just makes everything magically better and gets your team results. The results based analysis for positional talent is bad and it should make the NFL feel bad.

Or maybe some front offices do know that Kaepernick is good but aren't signing him because maybe just maybe the rich white guys who sign the paychecks don't appreciate their black guys to get too uppity.

Really take your pick the NFL is incompetent and racist or competent and racist, either way Kaepernick should have a goddam job.
Or maybe cause NFL teams figured out how to stop mobile quarterbacks and Kaepernick is a one trick pony with horrible accuracy who also regressed every year since the Super Bowl and doesn't put any work into studying film. Or maybe because Colin Kaeperick is an absolute media clown who supported one of the greatest suppressors (Fidel Castro) of the last century and created headlines in 2016 for not standing up during the National Anthem and every team who would sign him is guaranteed a shit show by the media.

And don't play the race card cause this isn't 1917 anymore and plenty of BLACK quarterbacks been signed huge deals in the past (Cam Newton, Russel Wilson, Mike Vick...) and hell even Kaepernick was signed a huge deal not too long ago (126 MILLION).

The real reason why Kaepernick doesn't have a job is because he is mediocre and a media target. Only Kaepernick is to blame.

TheValkyries

Or maybe cause NFL teams figured out how to stop mobile quarterbacks and Kaepernick is a one trick pony with horrible accuracy who also regressed every year since the Super Bowl and doesn't put any work into studying film.
Ignoring all your other bloviating I'd like to point out I literally just told you his accuracy has improved over the years (as in putting the ball to the recievers hands it's not his fault his top reciever now is Jeremy Kerley), as well as his discipline in pocket presence and ability to read the field. Again his best season of tape was last year but no one watched it because the team was TRASH GARBAGE.

I love the idea of a rushing QB as a one-trick pony because you compare it to guys like Blake Bortles who can quote "do it all" who just needs a "little help" because he stands tall in the pocket and is incapable of running or really throwing for that matter but he can look good at being shit. Meanwhile guys like Kaepernick or Tyrod Taylor who make plays with their legs but aren't perfect pocket passers (but are similarly skilled or better pocket passers than guys like Fitzpatrick or Bortles or Keenum or Osweiler or Etc etc etc) get treated like shit because "well they just cover up their deficiencies with their legs". As if making plays is bad. We'd rather guys just own their deficiencies and be bad with no way to make plays; that's the ideal state.

Also "doesn't work on watching tape" is unsubstantiated racist code for black guys are dumb white guys are smart watching tape is how you can tell. (I bet Fitzpatrick watches a lot of tape he went to Harvard and also had like 7 interceptions in a single game but it's not because he's dumb or something)

AW DAMN I TRIED NOT PLAYING THE RACE CARD THIS TIME TOO.

Kaepernick is a really fun hill for people who are bad at a lot things to just stick their heels in and die on.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
on the other hand kaep comes with alot of baggage

Being that hes a vegan and all.

And if i know anything about those annoying motherfkers its that they tell everyone about how great veganism is and never stop trying to convert others to their disgusting way of life.

Obviously a cancer that can cause divisiveness in the locker room.
basically, he costs millions and divides the locker room, not even with veganness, but because bringing politics into the locker room is a REALLY shitty idea. If you want to do something involving it on the side, good for him. Bringing it in the locker room just means you get a shitton of media attention and a divided team. Furthermore, if anybody disagrees in public, they get absolutely slammed by sports media. ESPN is basically CNN with footballs, in my experience, so if somebody wants to start a discourse that would actually make kaep's comments productive (because now he would have the chance to defend them), they would get slammed by espn as a racist sellout.

Putting politics in the locker room at a time when our country is so divided over it (the mud-flinging is happening on a level we haven't seen in a long time) is asking to not get a job, on top of the fact that he's a costly ass backup.

Color me an optimist but i don't think politics have much of an impact on NFL locker rooms. They're a bunch of adults doing a job, not some 10th graders in a highschool cafeteria that tell kids they don't like to sit at a different table because they don't share the same opinions.

I also don't think players care much about dumb media questions and strongly worded thinkpieces by overzealous conservative/liberal writers.

xJownage

Color me an optimist but i don't think politics have much of an impact on NFL locker rooms. They're a bunch of adults doing a job, not some 10th graders in a highschool cafeteria that tell kids they don't like to sit at a different table because they don't share the same opinions.

I also don't think players care much about dumb media questions and strongly worded thinkpieces by overzealous conservative/liberal writers.
If this wasn't 2017 I would agree with you, but basically all of politics is just a bunch of idiots screaming at each other right now. Discrimination for political views, going both ways, is becoming quite common.

TheValkyries

Yeah too bad the 49ers players all said that Kaep was their leader and he brought them together and didn't divide them all that much at all.

Again this story is full of hot air excuses that amount to literally nothing to avoid the fact that he should have a job but doesn't because teams are scared for really stupid reasons.

Sad to see Romo is retiring rather than have one more shot at playing. Would have liked to see him healthy one more time.

Rotoworld is claiming that he deserves serious consideration for the hall of fame - wut? I don't care much about the HoF but Romo wasn't even a top 5 QB at any point in his career and had no postseason success. If he has no chance against Peyton, Brady, or Brees, and would have to get the nod over either/both Rodgers and Roethlisberger, I don't see a chance in hell he makes it in unless the voters are overly sympathetic to "lol Cowboys" especially because there are already multiple undrafted QBs in the hall.

some hero

Sad to see Romo is retiring rather than have one more shot at playing. Would have liked to see him healthy one more time.

Rotoworld is claiming that he deserves serious consideration for the hall of fame - wut? I don't care much about the HoF but Romo wasn't even a top 5 QB at any point in his career and had no postseason success. If he has no chance against Peyton, Brady, or Brees, and would have to get the nod over either/both Rodgers and Roethlisberger, I don't see a chance in hell he makes it in unless the voters are overly sympathetic to "lol Cowboys" especially because there are already multiple undrafted QBs in the hall.

some hero
I think he does deserve some consideration, if only for his trajectory.

At least Romo retiring for broadcasting on CBS means that I don't have to listen to Phil Simms anymore.
That's the best part of Romo retiring.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sad to see Dallas is still on the hook for salary cap tbh

Hall of Very Good, but honestly he's considerable.

xJownage

Yeah too bad the 49ers players all said that Kaep was their leader and he brought them together and didn't divide them all that much at all.

Again this story is full of hot air excuses that amount to literally nothing to avoid the fact that he should have a job but doesn't because teams are scared for really stupid reasons.
I wasn't saying i agreed with the reasoning.

And the aforementioned price angle is something as well.

I think we can all agree Romo is better, and he didn't get an offer either.

Now I really wonder what team is gonna be the NFL's official sacrificial lamb against the Pats on opening night

Texans are out of the question now imo.

Gotta be the Falcons or Chiefs I guess.

Romo will always have a place in my heart for that 2012 season, which i consider a work of art, sort of a greek tragedy. I never cared for him until he took both guns out and started flinging the ball that season, it was edge of your seat action, week in and out. Obviously i watched every game to see him lose, but the effort, the heart, and the yards, oh those sweet sweet yards. I'm not entirely sure why i found that season more beautiful than other monster qb seasons, like 13 Peyton, the most likely reason, like i said before, is the tragic theme that was part of the 12 Boys. I am here to salute Romo, for everything he did, all that he sacrificed, the emotions he filled my heart with. Thank you Romo.

And yeah he's definitely not a HoF qb, he's better than most in it and the ones that are going to end up in it, but luck just wasn't in his side. Good night sweet prince.

Last edited:
I'm actually liking what the Colts are doing this offseason

They might be the team that earns the very prestigious honor of getting embarrassed by the Patriots in the AFC championship game this year.

Of course they still have to formally apologize for starting you know what or they'll continue to be cursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)