Other The effectiveness of Baton Pass teams after the nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to drop in and say Deoxys-S getting banned does not really affect current BP at all, I just won about 30 battles im a row on PO using Mew as a lead with Screens, Stealth Rock and Taunt. Showdown is too slow on my phone.

Right, Deoxys-S is definitely not by far the best screener, if it even is the best. It doesn't have any surprise factor on a baton pass team, we know it's screeens. Mew, Azelf, Klefki, Uxie, and Espeon are all good replacements, they even have some niches over Deoxys-S. I personally like Azelf because it goes boom without having to worry about the opponent awkwardly dicking around to stall out the screens.

Right, Deoxys-S is definitely not by far the best screener, if it even is the best. It doesn't have any surprise factor on a baton pass team, we know it's screeens. Mew, Azelf, Klefki, Uxie, and Espeon are all good replacements, they even have some niches over Deoxys-S. I personally like Azelf because it goes boom without having to worry about the opponent awkwardly dicking around to stall out the screens.
I actually prefer Latios, better typing, actually has offensive presence, and most importantly, memento. Great for punishing offensive swap ins like ttar.

true, but this has nothing to do with quagsire specifically. haze quag, as you said, is at best, a shaky check to bp, and requires you to sac a moveslot, which usually ends up being Toxic. Not good, as this is mandatory for stallbreaking and countering set-up sweepers ala Char-X. For its intended role, Quag doesn't have the room to spare a moveslot - the Haze setup gives you an answer to BP pre-setup, but doesn't serve any function other than that. Bottomline: it's a gimmick. Not trying to be mean, I just don't see any reason for continuing this debate.
Then why did you post this? Lol. I never said Quagsire was the counter to BP. I said the videos previously posted in this thread attempted to use Unaware Quagsire as a counter. It did help slow down Denis from boosting, but eventually the Quag user messed up a prediction and let Denis set up.

I don't get why all of you are jumping to conclusions? I swear people on this site just like to blindly argue anything they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)