Strategy & Metagame The Cold War: Ice-types in OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be an article discussing the Ice-types of OU. These Ice-types would be Glalie-Mega, Mamoswine, Weavile, Kyurem-B, and //possibly// Cloyster. It would have an introduction, explaining the Ice-type in itself and would give a rundown. Then, it would include a blend of metagame and entertainment with humor and such n_n.

There are only 4 viable OU Ice-types, with Kyurem-B and Mamoswine being common, Weavile being rare but viable, and Mega Glalie being borderline viable; Cloyster isn't a good Pokemon. 4 Pokemon isn't really that much for an article, especially as similar type-based articles have featured far more in the past. Paging Bummer if he thinks this is enough, but otherwise, I'd recommend a different type. Lets see what he says first though.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm gonna second TRC on this one. There aren't that many Ice-types worth mentioning in OU, so an article on that type would be fairly short. But if you want, you could change the type you talk about, such as Fighting or Water, both of which (especially the latter) have plenty of Pokemon to talk about.

Hmm, what do you guys think of making this an oceanic / icy type theme for the colder holidays? Like it could be some general Ice- and Water-types with a flare of entertainment laced within the article? Thoughts? Valmanway TRC

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Making it entertaining isn't really an argument for making a metagame article, and throwing in oceanic pokemon (which honestly is a vague term) would only make things more confusing. An Ice type special would be nice for other tiers, but like TRC said, they need to be common enough to justify the topic. So for me, this is a no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)